I can't get GTA IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

That "mom doing her job" thing is so old. I am 20 now, but way back in the day I wasn't denied any videogame or even R movie because it was "too mature" for me. I grew up watching NYPD Blue, ER, Beavis and Butthead, and later Southpark when that first arrived when I was a little kid. That little ESRB rating was nothing more than an annoyance because I had to be 17 to buy it. I remember when my mom first bought me a GTA. The clerk said, "This game is supposed to be pretty vulgar with prositutes and murder." my mom simply replied, "Well my son isn't a dumbass"

Anyway point is GTA never ruined my life. In fact I wasn't even shocked by what was in GTA. It's pretty tame compared to the light it's often put in. However if your mom won't let you have it than either she listens to the media too much, or you are one of those dumbasses who will take GTA to heart.

It's a game. Nothing more. Nothing Less.

DuxRow

Exactly. My mom was the same way and I turned out just fine...I remember watching the Nightmare on Elm Street movies and Jason and all that garbage when I was like 6 years old and I laughed my ass off at them for whatever reason. From the sounds of some of you people I should have grown up to be a murderer but in fact I'm pretty much the polar opposite. I played the original GTA and Doom and anything else I wanted and I'm probably nicer and more non violent than most of you. I watch movies and play games for one thing. ENTERTAINMENT. They are fun, and that's it.

I think as long as you're a well adjusted normal kid that playing those games or watching those movies will actually help more to teach you how NOT to act and what NOT to do than they will influence you to do something dumb. It all depends on what you take/learn from that type of thing I guess.

I don't play GTA and blow people's heads off/run over people/pick up hookers thinking wow I wish I could be cool like him. I play it thinking hahahaha this is FUN. It is fun in a fake game to blow peoples heads off with shotguns and even more fun with sniper rifles. It is fun to plow them over with a tank and watch people running around screaming. It's fun to have the cops chase me around only for me to beat the crap out of them and jack their car. I know it is only a game though. For entertainment purposes...Maybe some people don't? It's really all about the kid and the parenting the kid has imo. If the parents are alright, and the kid is alright, then dammit it's alright.

starwars0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 starwars0000
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

Your mom is a great parent

konichiwa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 konichiwa21
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
how old are u anyway ?
jjbiggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 jjbiggs
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts

If you gotta ask your mommy to buy this game for you, then you are obviously too young to play it. Maybe you can buy GTA 6 or 7 on your own when you are old enough. I hope I don't see you on there. Playing any game on XBOX live with a kid ruins the game.

CHEATINMEXICAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CHEATINMEXICAN
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
if your mother is buying/making the decision for you... you shouldn't even be playing it in the first place
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tommy7154

Your mom is a great parent

starwars0000

I'm not sure if you're talking to me and if that was sarcastic but yes she is thanks. I never felt I had to hide anything, I never felt I had to lie or anything like that because she just let me be me. Of course there were rules and things but she was never really strict and she never really had to be. I think if I had wanted those games and I couldn't have played them it may have made me a less honest/open person than I am because I would have probably just went to a friends and played it there or something sneaky like that, and learned that I should hide things and lie to get what I want. Instead I don't feel the need to hide anything and I can't stand a liar. Which are good things imo.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
sux ask a random 17 yr old to buy it for ya im sure theyd understand what it was like when they couldnt get a game becuz of age, if u gave me 60 bucks id buy it for ya, i saw some kid get rejected way back when driver 3 came out so then i told the kid to give me the money and i got it for him.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
it's entirely up to the parent. My parents didn't have a problem with this type of thing. Hell my dad took me to see predator in 1987 when i was 10. The thing is, it was his decision. That's part of the perks of being a parent. There's lots of times where you can make choices for your child. If she doesn't feel you're old enough for the game, then that's her decision.
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts

Cry me a river.....:cry:

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

[QUOTE="bigbrain120"]tough luck kidNOD_Grindking

my thoughts exactly....that's life, we all went through it at one time or another

same here (i couldnt watch south park when it first came out)

besides kids shouldnt be playing M rated games, if kids didnt have access to these M rated games (which is the number 1 complaint) there wouldnt be any restriction on game content, manhunt 2 for example
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
LOL, that's why they rate games M for Mature, ... if your mom buys you stuff still and controls everything, you are not yet mature. means you can't have it. My advice... grow up quicker.
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

Im glad that when I was a kid, my parents didnt listen to the media.

Well, if you are too young, you shouldnt be playing it, it's simple really.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

Ever since GTA IV was announced I've pleaded with my mum to get it. And u know what she said yes!! Then, just a few days ago she read an article in the newspaper about how GTA IV is the worst game 2 buy ur kids and that changed her mind. So, do u have any advise for me in order to get my mum 2 let me buy GTA IV.

PwnMaster94

No advice just grow up

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

Thats one big shame

Slap your mum and say look, i could either be out on the streets doing drugs and getting girls pregnant, and being put in jail for robberys and Crap or you could by me this game and be a good mum haha.

Signs_of_evil

I ratter get girls pregnant than play GTA VI...

Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
wait until your 17 and buy it yourself
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tommy7154
[QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

Slap your mum and say look, i could either be out on the streets doing drugs and getting girls pregnant, and being put in jail for robberys and Crap or you could by me this game and be a good mum haha.

RJLateralus

Huh...I think you are the type that shouldn't be playing it anyway.

DVzomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DVzomb
Member since 2008 • 422 Posts
I don't want to hear any squeaky/under-developed voices of children yelling and swearing when I'm trying to enjoy some GTAIV multiplayer. Go Mom!!
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
good for your mom, we need more parents making decisions like these... the industry would be far less demonized if idiot parents bought their kids games targeted to adults.
Signs_of_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Signs_of_evil
Member since 2005 • 573 Posts
[QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

RJLateralus

OH DEAR, your the type who gets girls pregnant and then leaves em to cope alone and do it to many others over and over because your nothing but a useless a**hole :)

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#71 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Just get somone older at the mall to get it for you.
DarkHandlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DarkHandlez
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
Your mom probably thinks GTA will teach u things that kids arent supposed to know. Just go up to your mom and tell everything u know about sex, drugs, and anything mature related and explain to her that ur not going to learn anything that u don't already know. I mean come on its 2008 not 1955.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts

If you're too young for this game then your mom is making a great decision. Deal with it and wait till you're old enough to play mature games like this.Potemkin2005

Come on, you know the game's biggest market is 14 year olds.

Just get your dad to buy it or something. Just keep convincing her.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

Your alias is "pwnmaster94".

You don't DESERVE GTA 4.

Signs_of_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Signs_of_evil
Member since 2005 • 573 Posts

You don't DESERVE GTA 4.

PiNwOrM

Oh so funny *yawns*

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts
[QUOTE="PiNwOrM"]

You don't DESERVE GTA 4.

Signs_of_evil

Oh so funny *yawns*

I was not attempting humour.

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Tough luck, buddy. Your mom is probably one of those people who believes everything they hear. So you probably ain't changing her mind.
ARO1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ARO1993
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts

dude trust me i had the same problem

all u gotta do is show ur parents a trailer that is not that bad but still shows what the games about

for example dont show one with a stripper

but show that its a cool mobster game and ur good to go

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

How old r u? if ur 12 i don't think u deserve to play it.

if u have the money to buy the game then go down to walmart and ask sombody to buy it for u, give an extra 10 or something .

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
you're mom is smart
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#81 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
wow, lot of bs answers on here. If you think you're old enough, you probably are. Don't lisen to these guys: they were dorks who were forced to play kiddie games until they grew up. Might as well play it now before you look wierd playing it.
xSkrammasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 xSkrammasx
Member since 2008 • 1144 Posts
don't really care about you, really more of a blog update
gamerfreak13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83 gamerfreak13
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts
boo hoo. it's a mom doing what she's supposed to be doing. it's called being a parent.tgschmidt
I agree to an extent. It is right for parents to know what they are buying for their kids. However, she really shouldn't have said yes blindly, not knowing anything about the game.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
How old are ya kid? if you are only like 10-13 you most likely aren't mature enough to get this game. there are some preteens mature enough for it, but far and few between. If you are like 15-16 you may be mature enough, but that still doesn't mean you are. It's rated M for a reason, and that is so that immature people don't imitate these acts in the game. Granted, people who do imitate the acts in GTA or any movie/game/etc are already messed up in the head to begin with and should already be in a psychiatric ward. Anyway, your mom is ultimately the only person who can decide how mature you are, and whether or not you can handle this game. Just let her know that you don't plan on imitating any acts in it, and that it isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be, and that it is a game of free will which means you dont have to do the terrible things on it. who says you have to pick up a prostitute on the game? you do, and you can choose not to.
brentredinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 brentredinger
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
We need you to get GTA IV to join us on multiplayer. Tell your mom she is letting the community down.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#87 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
You do realize no one is going to support you, right? You have a mom. She may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but it's your mom, and there's nothing we can do.
jrsr5599

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jrsr5599
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Can't get the game, probably because "You'll shoot your eye out!!"

gamble61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 gamble61
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts
damn sucks for you kid. guess you have to wait till your old enough. haha.
Fuzzman38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Fuzzman38
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts
You don't need to play GTA 4 the series is dispicable and should taken off store shelves you would be better off playing a game like Mass Effect or Star Wars the Force Unleashed
phat_frank43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 phat_frank43
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

You don't need to play GTA 4 the series is dispicable and should taken off store shelves you would be better off playing a game like Mass EffectFuzzman38

omg but what about the sex scenes?!?!?! ZZZZOOOOMMMGGG surely you wouldnt want him ruining his mind with that nonsense?!?! psh wat a douche

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#92 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Jeez, Americans are so weird

Canada, we don't have crap like that in our papers. Newspapers are for news, not old news.
blarghe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 blarghe
Member since 2005 • 159 Posts
I love it when a parent acts like a parent.
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
Look man, kids playing games clearly meant for adults is what's ruining the industry, ur mom is right to deny you this, playing this game is not a right you have and no sensible adult would let their kids play stuff like this.... having said that, wow sorry for ur loss man, this game is da shaaat!
phat_frank43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 phat_frank43
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

Look man, kids playing games clearly meant for adults is what's ruining the industry, ur mom is right to deny you this, playing this game is not a right you have and no sensible adult would let their kids play stuff like this.... having said that, wow sorry for ur loss man, this game is da shaaat!Keitarourashima

hahaha! funny but so true... game ratings are for a reason man.

gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts
[QUOTE="HazeVJ"][QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

NOD_Grindking

I completely agree, I don't understand why parents won't let their kids have a video game because at least if you do that then you know where they are and what they're doing... the alternative is much worse, IMO, so if your kid would rather sit inside with a damn game then let him get it!

you must be the same age as him, lawlz:D

Same age, probably.

Unfortunately (HazeV and Signs_of_evil) your logic is flawed. Giving the options of drugs and pregnancy OR video games is really, for lack of a better word, stupid. Logic will dictate that a lack of a single video game would not cause you to do those things, and if you were to do those things you would do them if you had GTAIV or not. There are other good games out there other than GTAIV, and it will be just as good when your old enough to play as it is now (bar online).

Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

Well from my experence with my mom and the media... i think you should get it...

any way i was just getting home from future shop and eb games. i got mass effect and halo 3. i left mass effect out and go to work, i come home and my mom is giveing me this disgusted look. lol. she yelled at me and said that hard core porn is not welcome in this house! ( i thought she went threw my closit >.< ) and she takes mass effect and quite frankly tosses it out to the trash, apparently she had been watching some videos on youtube and saw that fox news crap... i tried to reason with her and showed her some of the coments of the video and retreved my game, busted case and all.

did i mention im 20 years old?

so yea i think parents should not base a decision off of what media makes a game to be, i think she should be watching the actual game trailers before she decides on weather your capeable of playing it. show her some of the trailers and let her decide if it is similar to the other games you already play... omg hard core porno lol :P still get a good laugh out of it..

Bigten119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Bigten119
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

get a fake ID and go buy it. or find someone to buy it for you. problem solved.

UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Ever since GTA IV was announced I've pleaded with my mum to get it. And u know what she said yes!! Then, just a few days ago she read an article in the newspaper about how GTA IV is the worst game 2 buy ur kids and that changed her mind. So, do u have any advise for me in order to get my mum 2 let me buy GTA IV.

PwnMaster94

the exact same thing happened to me other than it was gta san andrayes and it was a tv thing about it, But now im 16 and my mum dosnt care so unluky

Avatar image for lukasz_erecinsk
lukasz_erecinsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lukasz_erecinsk
Member since 2004 • 1235 Posts
Hey man... that is what mom's are for.... wait a few years and you'll be kicking it with GTA V. In the meanwhile you can go over to your friend's crib and play some GTA IV without you mom's permission. :)