HUGE Xbox Live Holiday Sales - 14 Days 14 Deals (Updated Daily)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

How come it says there only 1 day left when it apparently does to the 31st?

Caddy06_88

Where does what say there is only one day left? These deals do continue to the 31st, as it is the countdown to the New Year.

7 Days of christmas, has 7 boxes... the and the last box opens tommorow?

But hooray! castle crashers and battlefield 1943!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#152 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"][QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

How come it says there only 1 day left when it apparently does to the 31st?

Wakanoid

Where does what say there is only one day left? These deals do continue to the 31st, as it is the countdown to the New Year.

There's no 7 days of Christmas, this doesn't involve Christmas

Newest deal is updated in the first post

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

[QUOTE="Caddy06_88"] Where does what say there is only one day left? These deals do continue to the 31st, as it is the countdown to the New Year. Jaysonguy

There's no 7 days of Christmas, this doesn't involve Christmas

Newest deal is updated in the first post

... still, all of the specials you say have been on the list... 7 days of christmas list, so i was assuming all deals would be there

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

... still, all of the specials you say have been on the list... 7 days of christmas list, so i was assuming all deals would be there

Wakanoid
I don't know anything about a Christmas list. :?
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

There is a list floating round various forums claiming to know which deals are coming up on which days - but no real way to verify if it's true or not.

The list contains both typos, and some prices which look wrong, hence not reposting the list in full here, but here is a LINK

I guess in 12 hours we will know how accurate (or not) this turns out to be.

wow, if this list is correct, ill def. be getting either monkey island, braid, or both
2kfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 2kfan
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts
my 360 just got rrod today so no more holiday deals for me. I really hope tomorrow castle crashers isn't free because that would suck a LOT for me since my 360 is broken.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 caddy
my 360 just got rrod today so no more holiday deals for me. I really hope tomorrow castle crashers isn't free because that would suck a LOT for me since my 360 is broken.2kfan
I highly doubt it will be free.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Jaysonguy

my 360 just got rrod today so no more holiday deals for me. I really hope tomorrow castle crashers isn't free because that would suck a LOT for me since my 360 is broken.2kfan

Nothing will be free and it shouldn't be free, that's not fair to anyone

As far as the console problems, while it sucks you can still get all of the holiday deals by buying them on the computer with your Live account

kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#159 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
just go to xbox.com and sign in. you can go to the marketplace stuff and buy things just like on your console. its just not as stream lined. it even has yours points available.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#160 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

Place it on a Download Queue from Xbox.ca (or .au / .com depending on where you live), and when you get your xbox back, download it to your console.

Castle Crashers for 560 is a really good deal, almost feels like it is free, so I am happy if it comes true. Todays deal though, not so exciting.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
I couldn't afford Marvel Vs. Capcom yesterday. Missed it by 80 MS points. :cry:
Brawl55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 Brawl55
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

Well since parts of the list I linked to earlier seem to be coming true I'll repost the list here: (all typos from the original source)

20th, new year theme free
21th, Lips DLC previously 180 points now 80 points

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

Green items did happen as predicted, Red items did not happen.

Also note that some of the deals have been US/Canada only, with the rest of the world getting something else.

Personally I hope it holds true as there are some nice deals coming up. Also The Maw will be Deal of the Week next week (28th Dec)

Avenger1324

I thought Battlefield 1943 was 1200 MS points not 800.Either way I'll probably get it.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#163 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I want shadow complex... might get it later tomorrow

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

[QUOTE="2kfan"]my 360 just got rrod today so no more holiday deals for me. I really hope tomorrow castle crashers isn't free because that would suck a LOT for me since my 360 is broken.Jaysonguy

As far as the console problems, while it sucks you can still get all of the holiday deals by buying them on the computer with your Live account

why is being free not fair? how does that make any sense? free does not discriminate against people or does it make the rich children who love spending money mad that they cant spend? furthermore, there was free stuff, with the whole glasses and theme thing, you remember? so that point about nothing being free, yeah, not so true.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="2kfan"]my 360 just got rrod today so no more holiday deals for me. I really hope tomorrow castle crashers isn't free because that would suck a LOT for me since my 360 is broken.mattg90520

why is being free not fair? how does that make any sense? free does not discriminate against people or does it make the rich children who love spending money mad that they cant spend? furthermore, there was free stuff, with the whole glasses and theme thing, you remember? so that point about nothing being free, yeah, not so true.

Real easy, it's not fair for these things to be free because someone isn't getting paid for their work

The free things like the glasses and the theme are straight from Microsoft, they're compensated internally. Even the free games that are always available are from Microsoft or sponsored by someone for Microsoft. Microsoft is covering those expenses internally for all of it

Castle Crashers has been talked about a lot in this thread. The Behemoth makes that game, why is it fair that they should give away their game for free just so people who are on Microsoft's service get a free game? Where's the fairness in that? Never mind making a game on Christmas that's free sets up some of the worst PR possible because why don't other religion's major holidays get free games?

If developers want to discount their games during the holidays that's a very generous thing to do but even then they're making some money out of the deal. To take all of that money away isn't fair to anyone.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Puzzle Bobble for 400 or lower.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="2kfan"]my 360 just got rrod today so no more holiday deals for me. I really hope tomorrow castle crashers isn't free because that would suck a LOT for me since my 360 is broken.Caddy06_88
I highly doubt it will be free.

where are you finding this then, on the dashboard it shows the deals. but it says 7 days of christmas, eh.. anyway..

And jeez your xbox 360 broke? I fear being away from home the day it goes cheap :D

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 caddy

but it says 7 days of christmas, eh.. anyway..

Wakanoid
On my dashboard, it's run up to New Year.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#169 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
For anybody interested, the Monkey Island game is 400 Microsoft Points today, so hopefully this list is correct as I also want Castle Crashers and Fallout 3 DLC.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Jaysonguy

Newest deal updated in the first post

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

but it says 7 days of christmas, eh.. anyway..

Caddy06_88

On my dashboard, it's run up to New Year.

what section? mines on spotlight i click holiday extravaganza - Huge discounts offered daily, then after i click that the one with all arcade deals is 7 days of holiday savings..

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 garfield360uk
Perhaps it may be a USA to UK thing? As with Caddy mine says 14 days of savings till new year or something to that effect.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
For anybody interested, the Monkey Island game is 400 Microsoft Points today, so hopefully this list is correct as I also want Castle Crashers and Fallout 3 DLC.Garfield360UK
The list does seem to be holding true - will be interested to see what the Fallout offer is - whether it is all packs, or just one of them.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 garfield360uk
Are they 800 normally? Perhaps its each one is 400 points, although in an ideal world they would all be discounted in a bundle and I would buy them straight off.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Avenger1324
Are they 800 normally? Perhaps its each one is 400 points, although in an ideal world they would all be discounted in a bundle and I would buy them straight off.Garfield360UK
I think they are currently 800 each, so 4000 to get all 5 expansions. Dropping them each to 400MS is 50% so seems in line with the other deals.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 garfield360uk
Yeah, I mean ideally it would be 400 for the lot but 400 for each one seperate or just one of them dropped to that price seems to be the more likely scenario. I will have to pick which to get though if it is 400 for each one as I have Broken Steel and Operation Anchorage already.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="mattg90520"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Real easy, it's not fair for these things to be free because someone isn't getting paid for their work

The free things like the glasses and the theme are straight from Microsoft, they're compensated internally. Even the free games that are always available are from Microsoft or sponsored by someone for Microsoft. Microsoft is covering those expenses internally for all of it

Castle Crashers has been talked about a lot in this thread. The Behemoth makes that game, why is it fair that they should give away their game for free just so people who are on Microsoft's service get a free game? Where's the fairness in that? Never mind making a game on Christmas that's free sets up some of the worst PR possible because why don't other religion's major holidays get free games?

If developers want to discount their games during the holidays that's a very generous thing to do but even then they're making some money out of the deal. To take all of that money away isn't fair to anyone.

Ok, this might be a bad example, but it is similar. I used to work in a pizza place, and my GM would make us make people free food no matter how many times we wasted it (we could not eat the last wasted food), and we did not get paid for it, and we have a "time limit" for how long everything takes. We got our real orders late, but that did not matter. Same thing here, so what, let those "game makers" not get paid $10 for one day out of the what, $80,000.00 contracts they have already? (That is an estimate of the price from what I researched for Planning 11 ****2 years ago, might be higher or lower depending on company).

Talking about Christmas, who cares about Christmas or Christ other than Christians? I do not even recognize it as a holiday, that is why I work for an Indian sweets shop on christmas day. This sale thing started on December the 18th, and will end on New Years Eve (on the Christian Calendar). For me, this is just a sale period, I do not care when it is.

P.S: Your theory of it not being fair brings up a question into my mind: The Maw, which some of the posters in this thread asked for, was made free twice this year. I got it, and its premium downloadable content for free. So did about another 1000 or so people. I do not see people questioning fairness then?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jaysonguy

P.S: Your theory of it not being fair brings up a question into my mind: The Maw, which some of the posters in this thread asked for, was made free twice this year. I got it, and its premium downloadable content for free. So did about another 1000 or so people. I do not see people questioning fairness then?

Eternal-Entity

When did that happen?

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

Jaysonguy

When did that happen?

Once in March...I believe, the second time...probably between June and August, because I remember being on my summer vacation when my lil bro told me to download downloadable content for him, and I saw it was made free again.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

Eternal-Entity

When did that happen?

Once in March...I believe, the second time...probably between June and August, because I remember being on my summer vacation when my lil bro told me to download downloadable content for him, and I saw it was made free again.

No, I had no idea that happened.

I think it's unrealistic to ask for free things when it comes to gaming. It also seeps into the whole "are games too expensive?" argument where they're certainly not but people always want them lower even though it comes at someone's expense. People are content asking for lower prices because it's not their money and livelihood that's damaged because of it.

Sales like this aren't really appreciated and that's sad

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Avenger1324
I don't recall the Maw ever being free. As far as I know the only games that have been given away for free have been because they are essentially marketing tools promoting something - the Yaris game, Doritos game. Undertow was given away free briefly as an apology for interupted Live service after Xmas 2007. Carcassonne was briefly given away as a Live birthday celebration about 18-24 months ago. In each case there has either been an unusual event, or the game was designed to be given away. I don't expect content on Live to become free, but I would like to see prices gradually and steadily fall over time. This isn't unreasonable as it just reflects what happens in normal retail stores - games that have been out longer fall in price, and as has been said before everyone puts their own value on what they are prepared to pay for a game. If you were happy to pay 800MS, but not the 1200MS being asked, you just have to wait and hope MS decides to put it in deal of the week. I think they would perhaps get more sales if the prices did gradually drop over time, rather than needing a special promo to drop.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Eternal-Entity

I don't recall the Maw ever being free. As far as I know the only games that have been given away for free have been because they are essentially marketing tools promoting something - the Yaris game, Doritos game. Undertow was given away free briefly as an apology for interupted Live service after Xmas 2007. Carcassonne was briefly given away as a Live birthday celebration about 18-24 months ago. In each case there has either been an unusual event, or the game was designed to be given away. I don't expect content on Live to become free, but I would like to see prices gradually and steadily fall over time. This isn't unreasonable as it just reflects what happens in normal retail stores - games that have been out longer fall in price, and as has been said before everyone puts their own value on what they are prepared to pay for a game. If you were happy to pay 800MS, but not the 1200MS being asked, you just have to wait and hope MS decides to put it in deal of the week. I think they would perhaps get more sales if the prices did gradually drop over time, rather than needing a special promo to drop.Avenger1324

Agreed.

@Jason: And it is not that I, or my friends want stuff to be free all the time, but once in a year, if a game was made free for 24 hours, is that really asking too much? One game, any game. Crappy, or superbly good, we do not care, just one single game a year for 24 hours. I personally buy at least 20 disk games and 3 arcade games (bare minimum), a year. I just love gaming. But just one free game, to show they care, and to reward us for being loyal customers who put up with going through 15 Xbox 360 consoles, paying $75 dollars everytime for a warranty, and buying new disk games for $60, as well as paying for live, and content in live too, is that asking too much?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 gago-gago

So far the leaked list have more correct ones than wrong ones. :D

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Eternal-Entity

Arcade REZ was actually a deal in Europe. So the list is actually completely on track. =P The only thing I do not understand is the Battlefield deal. Is that really for 800 points in Europe, or is that a typo? Because for me, it is 1200 points.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Wakanoid

Arcade REZ was actually a deal in Europe. So the list is actually completely on track. =P The only thing I do not understand is the Battlefield deal. Is that really for 800 points in Europe, or is that a typo? Because for me, it is 1200 points.

Eternal-Entity

So how do you find out the deals now?

Considering my 7 days list just ran out..

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

Wakanoid

What country are you in?

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

Jaysonguy

What country are you in?

What 7 days waka?

Anyways, here is the list...again...if this is what you meant, if not, sorry for being not helpful.

27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400

P.S: Jason, if you are asking me, Canada.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 caddy

Eternal-Entity
It wasn't the deal for me in the UK. Unless the rest of Europe had a different deal to the UK.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 garfield360uk
I think it was on the Portugal store Caddy from what somebody said a few pages back but I could be mistaken.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#190 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Damn. I just bought Monkey Island for 800 points a few weeks ago. Haven't even played it yet. Wish I would've known it was going on sale.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

Eternal-Entity

What country are you in?

What 7 days waka?

Anyways, here is the list...again...if this is what you meant, if not, sorry for being not helpful.

27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400

P.S: Jason, if you are asking me, Canada.

Ok on my dashboard on spotlgiht theres something called holiday extravaganza, you click it and it says 7 days of christmas, and it lists ALL 7 deals that you guys have said so far... I don't know where to find the other deals considering 7 have gone by and i'm pretty sure its over now? so where do I find the nerw list? I'm sadly confused.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Jaysonguy

Waka what country are you in?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Jaysonguy

Hmmm

OK it's 10 of 12 (US) and I don't have today's deal yet

The door is still closed

I KNOW there's a deal back there just anxiously waiting to peek it's deal head from behind that door but the door is shut lol

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Wakanoid

Jaysonguy

Toronto ontario

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Wakanoid

Toronto ontario

OK, and in the "Spotlight" section don't you have a panel that says either "Celebrate the season" or another panel that says "Special Promotion"?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Jaysonguy

Today's deal is updated in the first post

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Toronto ontario

OK, and in the "Spotlight" section don't you have a panel that says either "Celebrate the season" or another panel that says "Special Promotion"?

Ahah, ok, since the holiday thing is gone, a boxing day blowout thing is now here, today is a movie, and tommorow on the 27th is suppose to be fallout 3 dlc right? cause it says 50% off Get these map packs on the 27th (not yet announ ced) then on the 28th 50% off grab this amazing deal, and on the 29th something for 80 microsoft points , WAIT! here it is, castle crashers which is said to be on the 30th, MORE THEN 50% off (Gets an amazing amount of hope)

and battlefield 1943, now OVER 50% off, YES!

(says, 21st century game 1940's price) So I can basically confirm the list is right :)

and on 30th its

Door crasher deal, Huge arcade hit sale on the 30th, more then 50% so yeah... Castle crashers and battlefield 1943!! here I come!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

Toronto ontario

Wakanoid

Ahah, ok, since the holiday thing is gone, a boxing day blowout thing is now here, today is a movie, and tommorow on the 27th is suppose to be fallout 3 dlc right? cause it says 50% off Get these map packs on the 27th (not yet announ ced) then on the 28th 50% off grab this amazing deal, and on the 29th something for 80 microsoft points , WAIT! here it is, castle crashers which is said to be on the 30th, MORE THEN 50% off (Gets an amazing amount of hope)

and battlefield 1943, now OVER 50% off, YES!

(says, 21st century game 1940's price) So I can basically confirm the list is right :)

and on 30th its

Door crasher deal, Huge arcade hit sale on the 30th, more then 50% so yeah... Castle crashers and battlefield 1943!! here I come!

Yeah that sounds about right, and the way you've been talking about it finally makes perfect sense with how your branch is doing it

Today where the Zune marketplace isn't available they'll be getting Magic the Gathering for 400 points today, I would have picked it up but it's not in the US so I guess my money waits another day to be spent lol

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 gago-gago

Ah I see. So maybe that leaked list is mostly accurate afterall, it might have mixed up the deals with other regions too?

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Wakanoid

I'm really suprised that there going to bring battlefield that cheap...

100% buy