HUGE Xbox Live Holiday Sales - 14 Days 14 Deals (Updated Daily)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]=_=" Oh wellz, 50% off is no big deal. Those of us who are stubborn will wait until they hive 100% off, or just never buy the game. =D Let us see how Microsoft makes a profit out of us! =P

Jaysonguy

It doesn't make sense to wait until 100% off, why would you want those developers to make games for free?

As it stands now offering free goods is above and beyond what they should be offering. If everything these two weeks were 50% off that would be a great gesture towards the community

I agree we can't wait for free games, as realisticaly this isn't going to happen, but I'm also not going to jump and buy a game just because 50% off appears.

In a lot of cases these 50% off promotions (mainly looking at previous Deals of the Week) are on older XBLA games, that really should have come down in price naturally over time. The only reason Marketplace content stays at its original price is because MS has the monopoly on setting the price, and no competition to bring the price down.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]=_=" Oh wellz, 50% off is no big deal. Those of us who are stubborn will wait until they hive 100% off, or just never buy the game. =D Let us see how Microsoft makes a profit out of us! =P

Avenger1324

It doesn't make sense to wait until 100% off, why would you want those developers to make games for free?

As it stands now offering free goods is above and beyond what they should be offering. If everything these two weeks were 50% off that would be a great gesture towards the community

I agree we can't wait for free games, as realisticaly this isn't going to happen, but I'm also not going to jump and buy a game just because 50% off appears.

In a lot of cases these 50% off promotions (mainly looking at previous Deals of the Week) are on older XBLA games, that really should have come down in price naturally over time. The only reason Marketplace content stays at its original price is because MS has the monopoly on setting the price, and no competition to bring the price down.

I don't know, I think prices go down regularly on things

Remember it's not Microsoft that has the say about these things, it's up to each developer to say they want to charge a certain amount

There's a lot of content that needs a bucks or two off it's price and people will get them.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]It doesn't make sense to wait until 100% off, why would you want those developers to make games for free?

As it stands now offering free goods is above and beyond what they should be offering. If everything these two weeks were 50% off that would be a great gesture towards the communityJaysonguy

Remember it's not Microsoft that has the say about these things, it's up to each developer to say they want to charge a certain amount

There's a lot of content that needs a bucks or two off it's price and people will get them.

*cough * castle crashers *cough*

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

Wakanoid

You got it boss

A quality game at the 1200 price point that some people may be wary about

Drop it to 800 and people jump on it

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#55 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
C'mon please be gears 2 all fronts collection one day.nate_c-12
Doubt it. That's already a bargain as it is.
DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts

[QUOTE="nate_c-12"]C'mon please be gears 2 all fronts collection one day.orb_03_2006
Doubt it. That's already a bargain as it is.

Doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me. 1600pts for a 20 minute deleted crap chapter? The multiplayer maps are good but you can get the dark corners pack cheaper than all fronts

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#57 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

I guess you are right. I was being very blind, because I was basing the worth of the price based on my own dislike of the particular game(s).

[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]=_=" Oh wellz, 50% off is no big deal. Those of us who are stubborn will wait until they hive 100% off, or just never buy the game. =D Let us see how Microsoft makes a profit out of us! =P

Jaysonguy

But this guy just said exactly what I was thinking. =P

Anyways, back on topic, where do you find all the information on anyways? I have been wracking my brains trying to find the latest sale for the last 2 and a half hours with no luck at all. And I bet you are asleep. =P

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Avenger1324

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]I don't know, I think prices go down regularly on things

Jaysonguy

You got it boss

Absolutely - only problem is that these price drops are almost always one off, one week only, and then it goes back up to the original price.

Deals of the Week last a week, then go back up. Summer of Arcade is more a promotion of new games coming out rather than deals. I think it is only the Arcade Hits range that reduced prices and kept them low, but that isa very limited selection of games that rarely gets games added to it. There are still plenty of games from 2006 and 2007that are still charging full price - surely by now anyone that was going to pay full price for it would have done so already.

What I would like to see is prices of XBLA (and prices on Marketplace in general) come down naturally over time, and stay down.

I totally agree with the idea that 1200MS puts a lot of people off, but who are prepared to buy it for 800MS. Trouble is, it just doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Anywaylooking forward to finding out todays deal. Checked MajorNelson, and he said that the new deal will be announced around 9am ET, 6am PT, 2pm GMT

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Wakanoid"]*cough * castle crashers *cough*Avenger1324

You got it boss

Absolutely - only problem is that these price drops are almost always one off, one week only, and then it goes back up to the original price.

Deals of the Week last a week, then go back up. Summer of Arcade is more a promotion of new games coming out rather than deals. I think it is only the Arcade Hits range that reduced prices and kept them low, but that isa very limited selection of games that rarely gets games added to it. There are still plenty of games from 2006 and 2007that are still charging full price - surely by now anyone that was going to pay full price for it would have done so already.

What I would like to see is prices of XBLA (and prices on Marketplace in general) come down naturally over time, and stay down.

I totally agree with the idea that 1200MS puts a lot of people off, but who are prepared to buy it for 800MS. Trouble is, it just doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Anywaylooking forward to finding out todays deal. Checked MajorNelson, and he said that the new deal will be announced around 9am ET, 6am PT, 2pm GMT

What put me off of buying 360 stuff online is the fact that these guys ban hammer first, think later. My friend can not mod his way out of a paper bag (seriously, he does not even know how to get to a site other than his email address, and even then, if something needs to be "allowed" he can not even do that, and they banned him for modding, when he had spent over two thousand dollars for Xbox Live and stuff.

Not only that, but they overprice sh..stuff too much. Like look at these games...sure there are good ones like Shadow Complex, but look at the other second rate games (look at the arcade yourself, and look at the prices), and avatar clothing? Dude, are the electric shocks not working? I see crazy people.

Yea, I went searching on my Twitter account and found that the Nelson dude puts the info on this. I guess I have to wait 2 more hours. =P Come on, BIG MONEY! *Claps and spins the wheel*

P.S: Sorry for off topic on the first 2 paragraphs.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

but I'm also not going to jump and buy a game just because 50% off appears.

Avenger1324
Yeah, I only jumped on Worms 2 because I wanted that game anyway, but just never got round to buying it when it was released, despite it being an improvement on the first Worms XBLA game, apparently. I won't be buying any games at a discounted price that I am not interested in.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jaysonguy

Today's special is up, another freebie

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#63 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

Today's special is up, another freebie

Jaysonguy
Is it a premium or regular theme? The download size makes me think it's a regular theme?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
According to the xbox marketplace its a premium theme, its 2.4 megabytes or around that.
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Soulreavercross
Microsoft could have done better with this theme. Maybe give us something close to free Holiday 2008 theme. The New Years theme is advertised as premium theme, but it's not a fully premium. Some of the premium theme features are there, but others are not. When you view your friends list, their background props are the default images used in regular themes and not customized to the theme.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 caddy
I'm reasonably happy with today's deal. Free is free, and free is good.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Avenger1324
Free is free I guess. Assuming Major Nelson's previous post holds true then Deal of the Week starting tomorrow should be Shadow Complex down to 800MS (from 1200MS) which I am definitely looking forward to getting. If we get Shadow Warrior tomorrow though, I wouldn't expect the daily Christmas Deal of the Day to be an amazing offer.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Microsoft could have done better with this theme. Maybe give us something close to free Holiday 2008 theme. The New Years theme is advertised as premium theme, but it's not a fully premium. Some of the premium theme features are there, but others are not. When you view your friends list, their background props are the default images used in regular themes and not customized to the theme.Soulreavercross
If you want a free premium theme, you can grab Forza 3 LCE theme
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Soulreavercross
[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]Microsoft could have done better with this theme. Maybe give us something close to free Holiday 2008 theme. The New Years theme is advertised as premium theme, but it's not a fully premium. Some of the premium theme features are there, but others are not. When you view your friends list, their background props are the default images used in regular themes and not customized to the theme.Funconsole
If you want a free premium theme, you can grab Forza 3 LCE theme

Thanks, but I have that already. As well as the free ODST, Holiday 08 and 1 vs 100 themes
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

im pretty sure this theme should be fully premium. not sure why they would sell it at premium price (it was in the marketplace a few days ago for 240, which would suck if you bought it. dont know why they released it early). however also, in the photo, you can clearly see what would appear to be backgrounds for the friends. maybe its just acting glitchy. we can always redownload it again later so im just gonna wait it out a bit

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Eternal-Entity

Not really the "Big Money" I spun the wheel for, but it is free, so I am still very happy. =D

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
I'll download it, but I like my free Splosion Man premium theme.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Wakanoid

Worth downloading?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jaysonguy

Worth downloading?

Wakanoid

Well it's two mouse clicks so it's not really taking a lot of your time

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

Worth downloading?

Jaysonguy

Well it's two mouse clicks so it's not really taking a lot of your time

Takes up 2 mb of my ram :D

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
For some reason box 12 is not showing up on the dashboard. I have box 13 and box 11, but not box 12, so I can't download the theme. Is it located anywhere else? I tried looking for the theme in the marketplace, but couldn't find it. Also, since I'm not 18, I can't select it to be downloaded from my computer.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Eternal-Entity

For some reason box 12 is not showing up on the dashboard. I have box 13 and box 11, but not box 12, so I can't download the theme. Is it located anywhere else? I tried looking for the theme in the marketplace, but couldn't find it. Also, since I'm not 18, I can't select it to be downloaded from my computer. Kcdragon8116

Yea, in the game library, you click "Change Theme", then you click the "y" button. I am not sure if it is called game library, but it is the one next to the place where you start the game from, or eject the disk from (start game thingy box).

xFL4WL3SSx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 xFL4WL3SSx
Member since 2009 • 1018 Posts

how come I click on the 2010 glasses and it says 40 MS pts,I thought it was free?

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 caddy

how come I click on the 2010 glasses and it says 40 MS pts,I thought it was free?

xFL4WL3SSx

All of these deals are available for one day only. You missed the glasses by a few days. Be sure to catch them as them come out every day.

chelseaman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 chelseaman99
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts

The themes pretty nice, I'll probs change mine to that after Christmas.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Today's deal is a download of "White Christmas" on Lips for only 80 points. Meh. More interested in the deal of the week, which is Shadow Complex for only 800 points.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Jaysonguy

Just updated to today's (21st) deal

Also anyone that downloaded yesterday's theme will be allowed to download the full premium theme once it's released, it seems there was a mixup with what theme was offered from Microsoft. So in conclusion, when the fully functioning premium theme is up you may download it for free if you got yesterday's free theme.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Jaysonguy

Today's deal is a download of "White Christmas" on Lips for only 80 points. Meh. More interested in the deal of the week, which is Shadow Complex for only 800 points.bluezy

Are you sure that's the deal? I have box 11 open on my 360 right now and it's showing Avatar Golf

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts

[QUOTE="bluezy"]Today's deal is a download of "White Christmas" on Lips for only 80 points. Meh. More interested in the deal of the week, which is Shadow Complex for only 800 points.Jaysonguy

Are you sure that's the deal? I have box 11 open on my 360 right now and it's showing Avatar Golf

At least in Canada it is. We get 7 days of deals, but the last few have all been the same as elsewhere.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Wakanoid

I'm really starting to lose my excitement for these deals...

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

to be honest these deals are pretty lame.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 caddy

[QUOTE="bluezy"]Today's deal is a download of "White Christmas" on Lips for only 80 points. Meh. More interested in the deal of the week, which is Shadow Complex for only 800 points.Jaysonguy

I have the White Christmas song deal as well, and I'm in the UK. That means some of these deals differ across regions, which might turn out to be a real pain. :( Both deals today are disappointing though.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Jaysonguy

Sorry lost internet access but I'm back lol

Hmm this is a pickle, I guess each day I'll need everyone to post what they got each day and I'll have to adjust the first post to reflect that on the days (like today) we get different offers

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Wakanoid

If the deal tommorow isn't good...

Lets start a protest.. whos with me?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Jaysonguy

Wakanoid

Nah, I'll just wait for the next deal

Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Soulreavercross

Wakanoid
Protest for what? Getting things free and discounted? Microsoft didn't have to do this in the first place. We're lucky they are doing something like this this year.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Avenger1324
Not quite sure why MS decided to split the deal for different regions - it just makes it confusing and will only lead to people getting upset with getting X deal instead of Y. @Jaysonguy Not sure if you want to add the Deal of the Week to your top post as well - Shadow Complex down by 33% to 800MS (was 1200MS) this week only for Gold members. I think this is all regions, as it was on Major Nelson's original post when he mentioned the Xmas deal of the day
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Jaysonguy

@Jaysonguy Not sure if you want to add the Deal of the Week to your top post as well - Shadow Complex down by 33% to 800MS (was 1200MS) this week only for Gold members. I think this is all regions, as it was on Major Nelson's original post when he mentioned the Xmas deal of the dayAvenger1324

Yes, I do all the daily deals of the week in the recommendation thread

I'll also add it in here on the day it happens so no one misses any sale

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

At least in Canada it is. We get 7 days of deals, but the last few have all been the same as elsewhere.

No, the White Lips deal is not for Canada, it is for the "non-US countires". Canada (or the majority of it), gets Avatar Golf, Quebec is the only place in Canada that "should" be getting the "non-US" deal. Japan gets Avatar Golf too. Countries such as India, Britain, etc... get White Lips. Trust me, I live in Canada, in British Columbia, and I am getting Avatar Golf, not White Christmas.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]
[QUOTE="bluezy"]

Eternal-Entity

No, the White Lips deal is not for Canada, it is for the "non-US countires". Canada (or the majority of it), gets Avatar Golf, Quebec is the only place in Canada that "should" be getting the "non-US" deal. Japan gets Avatar Golf too. Countries such as India, Britain, etc... get White Lips. Trust me, I live in Canada, in British Columbia, and I am getting Avatar Golf, not White Christmas.

I live in ontario and I get the lips.. and we should protest for them getting us excited.. then giving us crappy stuff >;P

Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Soulreavercross
I just checked and I got it. The New Years theme from yesterday has been fixed and it's now fully premium. Those of you who downloaded it free (or god forbid, paid for it) can now re-download it. The new theme size is around 9mb instead of 2mb
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

I am expecting DLC or gamer pics to come up in the next few days, though my main interest in only in XBLA game discounts.

faridk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 faridk89
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

im so upset i missed getting worms armogedden for 5 bucks :( probably one of the most fun games to play on xbox when your bored this is awful

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Castle Crashers really need a discounted price already. I hope it is in this Holiday sales. I won a Castle Crasher DLC from their Twitter but I don't have the game yet. Can't wait to see what else is coming up.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Avenger1324

There is a list floating round various forums claiming to know which deals are coming up on which days - but no real way to verify if it's true or not.

The list contains both typos, and some prices which look wrong, hence not reposting the list in full here, but here is a LINK

I guess in 12 hours we will know how accurate (or not) this turns out to be.