HUGE Xbox Live Holiday Sales - 14 Days 14 Deals (Updated Daily)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

There is a list floating round various forums claiming to know which deals are coming up on which days - but no real way to verify if it's true or not.

The list contains both typos, and some prices which look wrong, hence not reposting the list in full here, but here is a LINK

I guess in 12 hours we will know how accurate (or not) this turns out to be.

Avenger1324
I hope that MvC2 and Castle Crashers for 560 is true!
x-chump-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 x-chump-x
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

There is a list floating round various forums claiming to know which deals are coming up on which days - but no real way to verify if it's true or not.

The list contains both typos, and some prices which look wrong, hence not reposting the list in full here, but here is a LINK

I guess in 12 hours we will know how accurate (or not) this turns out to be.

Avenger1324
I wonder what Fallout 3 DLC is taking the 50% off from. Here's hoping the list is real, and that it's Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta :D
kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#103 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
i hope it real. i was gonna pull the trigger on castle crashers today but i figured id wait and see if it comes up. looks like it is but im highly suspect of that list. im gonna hold the points i have till the end of the year. i did get shadow complex today though. glad i have self control and can wait. id like to get my hands on MvsC2 and braid too.
chelseaman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 chelseaman99
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts

Nice. A Lips pack. Just what I want from a sale :|

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#105 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

[QUOTE="Eternal-Entity"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]
At least in Canada it is. We get 7 days of deals, but the last few have all been the same as elsewhere.Wakanoid

No, the White Lips deal is not for Canada, it is for the "non-US countires". Canada (or the majority of it), gets Avatar Golf, Quebec is the only place in Canada that "should" be getting the "non-US" deal. Japan gets Avatar Golf too. Countries such as India, Britain, etc... get White Lips. Trust me, I live in Canada, in British Columbia, and I am getting Avatar Golf, not White Christmas.

I live in ontario and I get the lips.. and we should protest for them getting us excited.. then giving us crappy stuff >;P

Weird, I asked a mate of mine in my clan, and he said he got Avatar Golf too. He lives in Alberta. I will ask some of my mates in Ontario...maybe the Eastern provinces are being treated differently?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The new deal is up

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts

The new deal is up

Jaysonguy
Its a movie for 80 MS points.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

The new deal is up

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Yes it is, I'm not interested but I'm sure there's gotta be someone who's reading my updates that likes it

Maybe lol

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="xxxCr00k3dxxx"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

The new deal is up

Yes it is, I'm not interested but I'm sure there's gotta be someone who's reading my updates that likes it

Maybe lol

Do you think they will give away a free Arcade game on Christmas day and say its a present?I think that would be very good because I havent liked what they're giving here.Free glasses i wont use,A Worms game i wont buy,A theme that was free but didnt function properly,a Lips song(White Christmas) and some movie I never heard of...Im pretty dissapointed.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="xxxCr00k3dxxx"] Its a movie for 80 MS points.xxxCr00k3dxxx

Maybe lol

Do you think they will give away a free Arcade game on Christmas day and say its a present?I think that would be very good because I havent liked what they're giving here.Free glasses i wont use,A Worms game i wont buy,A theme that was free but didnt function properly,a Lips song(White Christmas) and some movie I never heard of...Im pretty dissapointed.

Go download the theme again. It functions perfectly now. If you got it for free, go to the same link for the fixed version now, which is 9 mb.

Stargate episode for 80 microsoft points. That is just ridiculus. And people wonder why people steal cable, illegally download shows and music, and mod xbox360 consoles. This world is out to get us, and I am running. =P Joking, but such a rip off.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="xxxCr00k3dxxx"] Its a movie for 80 MS points.xxxCr00k3dxxx

Maybe lol

No, I don't think they will. I mean they could and I wont mind but from a pure business standpoint it's not something that would be ok'd very easily.

With that theme you got the other day redownload it and you'll get the real premium theme, it clocks in at 9MB

Remember there's always 2 free games on the 360's marketplace all year round. Right now we have Aegis Wing and Dash of Destruction

I'm ok with what they offered so far. Glasses that everyone can use, Worms 2 that's pretty popular and I know people in this thread have picked it up since it was on sale, the theme that's fixed now, the avatar golf/lips song that some may like

Ok today's movie is a bit of a "huh?" because it's a standard def rental lol

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

starting to lose hope in castle crashers...

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
[QUOTE="xxxCr00k3dxxx"] Do you think they will give away a free Arcade game on Christmas day and say its a present?

That would be nice, but I doubt it will happen. :(
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Eternal-Entity

Just for knowledge sake, how in the world do I download the video if I wanted to? Like I go into Zune on my Xbox, and in movies, independant videos, TV, etc.. nothing comes up. Am I a missing something? Anyone know the step by step procedure to getting this video on your console? The link major nelson gives on twitter is not useful.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

Wakanoid
There are a lot of days left.
Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#116 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
Europe gets to watch Catwoman (yes, the horrible movie) ... Thanks Microsoft.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]

Caddy06_88

There are a lot of days left.

And that is why he is just "starting" to lose hope, and has not lost it completely. =P

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Looks like that list was bogus. A film for 80MS is pretty good price, but I'm fairly sure I saw it on TV earlier in the year.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Wakanoid

Looks like that list was bogus. A film for 80MS is pretty good price, but I'm fairly sure I saw it on TV earlier in the year.Avenger1324

Yeah I saw the movie on tv before for free.. =\ lol

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#120 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Kinda disappointed so far.. the only thing worth getting there was the Worms game but I wasn't around on Xbox on Saturday so I completely missed that opportunity.. they should've kept it open longer they would've made more sales. I hope they start giving away some actual useful stuff. As for the movie/tv show.. not something I'm even remotely interested in, and I have heard of something similar being on TV so I wouldn't buy into that.
DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
Canada and the UK gets...White Christmas for Lips for 80 points, 50% off (can be found in the game add on section)Jaysonguy
US gets Game, Canada and Uk gets to sing songs together. LOLtastic.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Eternal-Entity

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Canada and the UK gets...White Christmas for Lips for 80 points, 50% off (can be found in the game add on section)DPhunkT

This Canadian does not get to sing songs, this Canadian gets Avatar Golf. =P

Come on, does anyone know where to actually download the episode from? Like I am not going to do it, but there have been people asking me, and I do not know the answer either.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="DPhunkT"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]Canada and the UK gets...White Christmas for Lips for 80 points, 50% off (can be found in the game add on section)Eternal-Entity

This Canadian does not get to sing songs, this Canadian gets Avatar Golf. =P

Come on, does anyone know where to actually download the episode from? Like I am not going to do it, but there have been people asking me, and I do not know the answer either.

Wait episode? Am I the only one who sees killer klowns from outer space.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Eternal-Entity

That is the non-US deal.

Take today for instance, if you're in the UK today, you can rent Killer Klowns From Outer Space (Standard Definition) for 80 points and if you're in the US, you can rent Stargate: Continuum (which we presume is SD) for 80 points also. Two titles that I honestly wouldn't take even if they were free... and standard definition as well? That's like so 1999.

source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4079-Today-s-Holiday-Deal-Ventures-Across-into-the-Zune-Marketplace.html

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 gago-gago

They're really mixing it up with these deals. I still got hope there will be deals for me.

kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 kit352
the more i see and hear about the deals im thinking we wont get anything really decent. im really hoping for a good game of the day deal like worms again but i dont think their gonna go that route.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 caddy
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"] Wait episode? Am I the only one who sees killer klowns from outer space.

That's what I get today as well.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Eternal-Entity

The deals are kinda bleh, but oh well, they are something. It is not everyday that something comes out for free, or even half price. But I am only looking for the free stuff, half price is still asking too much.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Eh so far I haven't been interested in anything. I don't care about my avatar and I prefer the free Halo 3 ODST theme. I have 800 points left and I'm hoping to see something that I want.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Eternal-Entity

Yea, seriously, they better not give us something that costs us money that we have to give back. Like the freaking episode rentals....like 80 MS points just for a rental? Not even HD to top it off.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Jaysonguy

Newest deal is updated in the first post

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 caddy
Looks like that list was bogus. Avenger1324
Maybe not completely bogus. Today's deal is exactly what that list said it would be; Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for 560 points. If Castle Crashers also goes to that price, that would be amazing.
Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#133 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Not sure if I should but this one. The trial game for this is useless. You can only play local and you have to have 2 controllers, so there is no way that I can try it out. 560 points is a good deal if people have been waiting for it though.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

another just meh deal. i really hope we get like a free acrade game on christmas even if its like doom or something old like that.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Wakanoid

... I'm getting really dissapointed

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Jaysonguy

I have no idea how anyone can say this deal isn't fantastic, even if you don't like the deal it's a great price for the game

I know it was worth it to me and I'm not even that big of a fighter fan

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 caddy

I have no idea how anyone can say this deal isn't fantastic, even if you don't like the deal it's a great price for the game

I know it was worth it to me and I'm not even that big of a fighter fan

Jaysonguy
Indeed. 1200 points down to 560 is cool. I thought 1200 games would just drop to 800, so I'm happy with it dropping down more, although I am not interested in today's game.
kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kit352
ive been waiting for this game so it was good for me. im alittle upset its unlocked but its still fun. now if castle crashers comes up ill be so happy.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Eternal-Entity

This was a good deal. Since I have played variations of this game at the arcade, I know this game is worth the money. =P I had totally forgotten about it, so not only did this deal save me money, it reminded me to get it. =P Fially a deal I actually "like". Lolz.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 gago-gago

Came home, saw MvC2 for 560, and bought it right away. All I need is Castle Crashers for 560 and I'm set.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Avenger1324

It's a good reduction in today's deal, knocking it below half price.

EDIT - no point double posting, so I'll add it on here.

Just been on Steam and spotted some games I had thought were XBLA exclusives on Steam for really good prices. Braid - a game which several have posted they are waiting for in this Xbox Live offer, is currently down to 1.74 (UK price), compared to 1200MS being about 10.00.

With exchange rates the USD price will be a bit higher, but still under $3.

Same goes for Defense Grid Awakening - also 1.74 UK price.

These prices are for the Steam version of the game, so while not on Xbox they are the same game.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Eternal-Entity

If tomorrow's deal is free Castle Crashers, I will never ever judge Microsoft for being cheap and for solely sticking to "buisness before the consumer" rule.

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts

If tomorrow's deal is free Castle Crashers, I will never ever judge Microsoft for being cheap and for solely sticking to "buisness before the consumer" rule.

Eternal-Entity
Free?!...
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 caddy

Eternal-Entity
That's a bit unrealistic. While it would be amazing, I would just be happy with a reduction, even just to 800.
Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Eternal-Entity

I guess that is true, but atleast they could make ONE game in the arcade free? I do not care what game, just ONE game. =P I am willing to spend hundreds of dollars on buying disk games, but it just kinda excites me...you know, like for some people unlocking achievements excites them, well, downloading a free arcade game does the same for me. =P

Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#146 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
Looks like Uno Rush is the new deal: 400 points (50% off)
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 caddy
Looks like Uno Rush is the new deal: 400 points (50% off)der_spudmeister
So that list from earlier in the thread looks like it could be correct after all. I eagerly await the 30th!
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Avenger1324

Well since parts of the list I linked to earlier seem to be coming true I'll repost the list here: (all typos from the original source)

20th, new year theme free
21th, Lips DLC previously 180 points now 80 points

22th, LIVE Arcade Rez HD, 800 -> 400
23th, LIVE Arcade MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2, 1200 -> 560
24th, LIVE Arcade, UNO Rush 800 -> 400
25th, LIVE Arcade, The Secret of Monkey Island 800 -> 400
26th, LIVE Arcade, Magic:The Gathering 800 -> 400
27th, Fallout® 3 DLC 400
28th, Guitar Hero 5 Rolling Stones Live Track Pack 720 -> 320
29th, LIVE Arcade, Braid, 1200 -> 560
30th, LIVE Arcade, Castle Crashers, 1200 -> 560
31th, LIVE Arcade, Battlefield 1943, 800 -> 400

Green items did happen as predicted, Red items did not happen.

Also note that some of the deals have been US/Canada only, with the rest of the world getting something else.

Personally I hope it holds true as there are some nice deals coming up. Also The Maw will be Deal of the Week next week (28th Dec)

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="der_spudmeister"]Looks like Uno Rush is the new deal: 400 points (50% off)Caddy06_88
So that list from earlier in the thread looks like it could be correct after all. I eagerly await the 30th!

How come it says there only 1 day left when it apparently does to the 31st?

and I'll buy battlefield 1943 if thats real and castle crashers..

I'm starting to gain hope!

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 caddy

How come it says there only 1 day left when it apparently does to the 31st?

Wakanoid
Where does what say there is only one day left? These deals do continue to the 31st, as it is the countdown to the New Year.