Gears of war 2...

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

okay so i have been on system wars latley and there has been alot of people saying GOW2 didnt live up to the hype and that it was not that good, why is this? havent played the game but from wat i have seen i looks awsome and it got a 9.0 and that is what it was hyped for...so why is everyone bagging it?

PS - does anyone know how much it sold

lolnades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 lolnades
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

because when the online is apparently broken for some people, THE WHOLE GAME IS TURD

in my opinion, its a true sequel and improves on every aspect

yungog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 yungog
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts

okay so i have been on system wars latley and there has been alot of people saying GOW2 didnt live up to the hype and that it was not that good, why is this? havent played the game but from wat i have seen i looks awsome and it got a 9.0 and that is what it was hyped for...so why is everyone bagging it?

PS - does anyone know how much it sold

PSfanboy101
the lag,people complainin bout the shotgun but i find it ok and the worst of all is the glitches,theres so many of them..
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
It lived up to my hype. It's a great game.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
soooo many things. UT3 graphics which were barely an improvement over GeOW1. Messed up chainsaw, poor matchmaking, crazy lag, an unbelievable amount of glitches, cringe worthy story ( cole trains 'dissing' of the locusts was horrendous) and poor voice acting. This stuff was in GeOW1, why couldn't they have fixed it? I think it sold 3 Million + but bare in mind sales mean jack ****.
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
soooo many things. UT3 graphics which were barely an improvement over GeOW1. Messed up chainsaw, poor matchmaking, crazy lag, an unbelievable amount of glitches, cringe worthy story ( cole trains 'dissing' of the locusts was horrendous) and poor voice acting. This stuff was in GeOW1, why couldn't they have fixed it? I think it sold 3 Million + but bare in mind sales mean jack ****. shabab12
is it still a good game?
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

despite the many cynics it did live up to the hype, the graphics are much improved overall, the combat is as intense and bloody as ever, the story (though it leaves a few annoying loose ends hanging) is brilliant and the chainsaw is still fun even if you do hear people complain about it just cause they get caught out in multiplayer (if youwanna avoid it that badly kill the other player before they reach you ,,, thats generally the best solution)

multiplayer is good as well lotsa fun though there are admitidly problems, for one the matchmaking can be slow (specially if you have a closed NAT configuration on your network) though there isnt as much lag as peoples whining would suggest though it can be a problem from time to time

theres also alot of glitches hanging around which, although they dont cause any technical issues or such, do make the multiplayer annoying, for example the shield glitch which lil cheats use to block the path of the locust in horde mode making the game substantially less challenging, but nothing that cant eventually be patched out (fingers crossed)

basically if you liked the last gears ignore the nay sayers and go fer it mate

Avatar image for ChickThatPlays2
ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChickThatPlays2
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Mmm .... Funny because it's not like that for *everyone*.

It's been perfect for me. I never experienced any crazy lag, or anything. Or so called "So many glitches".

I've been having a freaking AWESOME a$# time with GOW2. Everyone's got their own opinoins of things. And they have different experiences. Doesn't mean you will have the same.

You won't know til you try it. I was told to not buy it, but my some I ws told it was really really good. So I bought it to see what it was like myself, and I definitely enjoy it. I kind of neglected my other games, I've been playing GOW2 for the longest now lmao. I can't stop. Go for it, and give your own review of it. I say it earned the 9.0 =) But that's me.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Englando_IV
[QUOTE="shabab12"]soooo many things. UT3 graphics which were barely an improvement over GeOW1. Messed up chainsaw, poor matchmaking, crazy lag, an unbelievable amount of glitches, cringe worthy story ( cole trains 'dissing' of the locusts was horrendous) and poor voice acting. This stuff was in GeOW1, why couldn't they have fixed it? I think it sold 3 Million + but bare in mind sales mean jack ****. PSfanboy101
is it still a good game?

It's an amazing game. Read the review.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shabab12
[QUOTE="shabab12"]soooo many things. UT3 graphics which were barely an improvement over GeOW1. Messed up chainsaw, poor matchmaking, crazy lag, an unbelievable amount of glitches, cringe worthy story ( cole trains 'dissing' of the locusts was horrendous) and poor voice acting. This stuff was in GeOW1, why couldn't they have fixed it? I think it sold 3 Million + but bare in mind sales mean jack ****. PSfanboy101
is it still a good game?

no doubt. Did it live up to the hype? no. Its not actually THAT amazing.
ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChickThatPlays2
To him it is. :)
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
People are always going to have their own opinion. For me, I loved the new campaign and horde is awesome, but the public matches online are stupid. I hate the matchmaking, I hate the lag, I hate some of the 'improvements,' and I just don't like the online in general. Because of my opinion of the online, the game definitely did not live up to the hype for me. :(
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Can't complain about the campaign or horde mode. Both are pretty great.

But the Multiplayer is a joke. The amount of glitches in the game is completely unacceptable. You can't really play the multiplayer unless you do the glitches too. If you don't, you'll just get killed by someone that does.

ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChickThatPlays2

But the Multiplayer is a joke. The amount of glitches in the game is completely unacceptable. You can't really play the multiplayer unless you do the glitches too. If you don't, you'll just get killed by someone that does.

Dredg11
Yea, I love the horde mode.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dredg11
[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

ChickThatPlays2

Yea, I love the horde mode.

You should get a better looking pic...San Andreas chick looks like a dude.

ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChickThatPlays2
Lol I don't really care about it, or avatars. Doesn't bother me. Thanks for the suggestion.
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
The shotgun is horrible now, more glitches e.g. shoot with any gun when using Boomshield (I've done it, yes), slower-gameplay than the first one, more lag, voting system, it's now a chainsaw fest instead of shotgun, stun err I mean smoke grenades are a pain in the *** when they knock you down, not enough time to run out of the way of a planted frag grenade. All of what I said was to do with multiplayer. But the campaign I've no problem with.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dredg11

Lol I don't really care about it, or avatars. Doesn't bother me. Thanks for the suggestion.ChickThatPlays2

lol all in good fun. Just think that chick looks like a tranny.

ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChickThatPlays2

[QUOTE="ChickThatPlays2"]Lol I don't really care about it, or avatars. Doesn't bother me. Thanks for the suggestion.Dredg11

lol all in good fun. Just think that chick looks like a tranny.

And she probably is! lol
ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChickThatPlays2
There I changed it. Just for you ! :) Lol.

Btw, I agree with the shot gun. It's anonnoying as heck.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dredg11

Edited: Wrong thread.

ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ChickThatPlays2
lol. Yea.. wrong thread
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dredg11
[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

But yeah, back on topic....I really don't mind girl gamers. My girlfriend plays games, even has her own 360. She doesn't use her headset though, since like it's been said, all the little boys then start saying stuff as soon as they hear a girl gamer.

I think more and more girls are playing games now. More girls tend to be steering away from the tradional "girl activities" and doing other things these days. I also think video games are a more legitimate form of entertainment today than in the past. It's not only females getting into gaming, but older people (parents) as well.

There shouldn't be a fuss about it. But when you're dealing with a community such as the gaming community....expect stupidity.

ChickThatPlays2

Definitely expected. Last night some little boy, though, was talking crap. I think he hates girls lmao. He just kept talking smack. He had the little 8 year old texan voice & accent lol. Funny though. I do it all though, all that girly crap. & then video games. I'm on vacation from work & college. I work in a school with kids + a college student at night... so I have free time. & It's freezing up here in NY, and its been snowing a lot. So I've been just messing with the xbox for the last few days. =)

lol Are you sure YOU'RE not my girlfriend? She does all the girly crap too (she's baking me cookies as I type this, actually), she knits, sews, all that stuff...she works in a school with kids too. She's an Early Childhood Education student in her last year of college.

Enman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Enman1
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
I didn't run into any glitches, The single player was phenominal and i didnt run into any lag online overall it got a 10/10 in my books. :)
ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChickThatPlays2

LOL! ....... That's a litte creepy. So am I.

:X Uh oh. - - Hahahaha. That's funny. I do all of the above. I baked cookies earlier today.. but they got burnt. :( I was distracted by a movie. Lmao.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dredg11

:X Uh oh. - - Hahahaha. That's funny. I do all of the above. I baked cookies earlier today.. but they got burnt. :( I was distracted by a movie. Lmao.

ChickThatPlays2

I burned cinnamon rolls last night...I was drunk. lol

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#28 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts
Because most people in that forum are rabid PS3 grunts that hate everything that is not Sony. Gears Of War 2 is amazing.
ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChickThatPlays2
Because most people in that forum are rabid PS3 grunts that hate everything that is not Sony. Gears Of War 2 is amazing.rp108
yesss ! I agree @ GOW2 comment. I had a good friend that owns a ps3, and since I've known him, he's been "Loyal" to sony. and bashes on anything else that isn't of Sony. It was kind of annoying.
ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ChickThatPlays2
[QUOTE="ChickThatPlays2"]

Dredg11

.... So was I. but after midnight. :( But it was really bad, I'm a little light weight when it comes to drinks. I was served hypnotic, and I loved it after a while, and when I got up, I definitely felt it. I was a dizzy-laughing-head for a bit, then I hated how I felt, and got emotional. LOL. That was terrible. I don't normally drink. :(
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dredg11
[QUOTE="Dredg11"][QUOTE="ChickThatPlays2"]

ChickThatPlays2

.... So was I. but after midnight. :( But it was really bad, I'm a little light weight when it comes to drinks. I was served hypnotic, and I loved it after a while, and when I got up, I definitely felt it. I was a dizzy-laughing-head for a bit, then I hated how I felt, and got emotional. LOL. That was terrible. I don't normally drink. :(

Eww...Hypnotic. lol What is it with girls getting drunk and getting emotional? One of my friends did that last night. Got wasted and then started crying over stuff.

ChickThatPlays2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChickThatPlays2
I know I know. I was so disappointed in myself. yuccckkk.

Well. It was cause I felt really really really sick. It made me cry lmfao. I'm such a wuss. :(
I wasn't like emotional cause I was mad or sad. I just felt really sick at the end of the night. I
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UltimateRAGEX
Because most people in that forum are rabid PS3 grunts that hate everything that is not Sony. Gears Of War 2 is amazing.rp108
Trust me Gears 2 isn't THAT amazing. It's so messed up in so many ways... Read my previous post for some of the main reasons Gears 2 is messed up.
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

There is one horrible glitch i always run into usually on horde.I will either pick up the heavy machine gun or mortar but then i'm glued to the spot!Can't aim,shoot,move or change weapons but i can pause it, check stats and check objectives which is pointless.So eventually a locust gets me and i can move again i've encountered this glitch about 6 times and its bloody annoying and its certainly not a lag problem.

N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

Honestly, Gears 2 is a little improvement from Gears 1
Story mode wise- The main boss in Gears 1 is still better then Gears 2 (Im not gonna spoiled it since i accidently spoiled it in one other thread by mistake i completly forgot to add the spoiler) Uhhh The ending was amazing, but let's just say it makes you want to get Gears 2 because the ending was smart.

Multiplayer-wise is .. well meh. I'm not gonna lie when it's 1 on 4 i usually do a meatshield glitch, but whats the possible chance of me playing on a map that usually does? My most played map is River so i just torque or snipe people as good as i can. Usually it's pavilion when i glitch if it's 4 on 1, or when its guardian and there camping at there spawn i use the glitch to get into there spawn, lol. Honestly they should take out the glitches because in a way i hate using them, even though i do it but i do it because no one's gonna make a move and this games gonna take forever.

But i think the worst is the players that play it, i went up against a dude that was 5th rank and dude thought he was the best in every game because of that, he's lucky it was on Security to, this guy was 14 - 3 or something but everyone has matches like that, even dudes with one arrow. So this guy thought he was the greatest player of all time but i'll give him that, And there's other people don't learn there lesson to, match-making wise im perfectly fine even before the patch i found matches easily and really quick. But other then that i say the players and the glitches... I think im gonna take a short break since im getting PS3 and getting Resistance 2. Long live Dizzy though! LMFAO Greatest character. OH AND i think i should give you guys a easter egg for Gears 2 so here:

On the act "ROLLING THUNDER" when you first meet dizzy on the grindlifts, right when you start look at the house on your left theres a hat hanging there, shoot it; i can't remember where the second hat is so just keep looking on the left but the last hat is behind the gas tank on your right, so once you shoot those 3 hats, everyone will have dizzy's cowboy hat. It's hilarious at the end when the corpser pops out of the ground (first one you see) he has a giant cowboy hat on his head LMFAO.

wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts
People are full of crap to say that a game is bad just because of any flaws in its online experience. For one, Gears 2's online isn't bad at all from my experience. Yes, I've gotten lag, but is that natural? Yes. Lag is natural folks, deal with it. Then there's the campaign, which is by far one of the best I've played in a long time.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Its not worth $60 just to play the single player which is short. The online is crap so there goes its replay value.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 caddy
People are full of crap to say that a game is bad just because of any flaws in its online experience. wiiwillstand
Sorry, but are people not allowed to think less of a game if they find that it has flaws in a large portion of what the game offers? If a game has multiplayer problems, and multiplayer is part of the game, then people are definitely allowed to form their own opinions on the game as a whole because of those problems.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Englando_IV
Its not worth $60 just to play the single player which is short. The online is crap so there goes its replay value.raylewisnfl52
The online's not crap. Needs some work, but it's still fun.
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 UltimateRAGEX
People are full of crap to say that a game is bad just because of any flaws in its online experience. For one, Gears 2's online isn't bad at all from my experience. Yes, I've gotten lag, but is that natural? Yes. Lag is natural folks, deal with it. Then there's the campaign, which is by far one of the best I've played in a long time.wiiwillstand
Yeeeaaahh right.... coming from a silver member. You WOULD know about the online wouldn't you? (sarcasm)
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UltimateRAGEX
[QUOTE="raylewisnfl52"]Its not worth $60 just to play the single player which is short. The online is crap so there goes its replay value.Englando_IV

Some work? lol. I would say if Epic did patch the game, it'd have to be about a gigabyte lol :lol:
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shabab12
People are full of crap to say that a game is bad just because of any flaws in its online experience. For one, Gears 2's online isn't bad at all from my experience. Yes, I've gotten lag, but is that natural? Yes. Lag is natural folks, deal with it. Then there's the campaign, which is by far one of the best I've played in a long time.wiiwillstand
your credibility goes when you say the campaign 'is by far one of the best I've played in a long time'
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts
Because before the game came out very one kept on posting about how it was going to be the best game ever made, and it was going to be like a god or something...Then it came out and it was just a really good game... so it's not a bad game, just not as godly as they had built it up to be in their heads...
kramer0024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kramer0024
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts
I STILL do not understand what you people are talking about... Gears of War 2 is AMAZING!! The multiplayer/modes are addicting, and the game is GREAT!
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 caddy
I STILL do not understand what you people are talking about... Gears of War 2 is AMAZING!! The multiplayer/modes are addicting, and the game is GREAT!kramer0024
Well, people have different opinions than you. Some people can let the problems pass them by and enjoy the game anyway, others cannot do that and cannot enjoy the game as much as you.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
[QUOTE="Englando_IV"][QUOTE="raylewisnfl52"]Its not worth $60 just to play the single player which is short. The online is crap so there goes its replay value.UltimateRAGEX

Some work? lol. I would say if Epic did patch the game, it'd have to be about a gigabyte lol :lol:

I know I dont think I would be able to download the patch its ganna be so big. Wait I wont have to since they probably arent even working on a patch and are working on some more maps to charge us for.
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
I find it as good as the first for SP, but the MP is so-so i hate the matchmaking system, i can never get in & my internet is fine, the graphics are very improved tho i would say, & the new weapons are badass, i think it deserves the 9 it received overall
CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
Online is totally broken. There are tons of glitches that are constantly exploited, matchmaking is slow, and the lag is unbearable, the shotgun is inconsistent, the chainsaw cannot be shot down, etc. All in all, the game needs so much work but Epic has fallen completely silent.
Stirkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Stirkeh
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Sucky online !!
chuckiechan43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points