Gears of war 2...

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GillasEggs30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 GillasEggs30
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts
Gears of War is a great game! You should get it and dont listen to people that say its terrible.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

i wonder if aany of the peopple complianing bout the multiplayer has actually complained to epic (like me)

thats generally how faults are pointed out and fixed,n if enough people did so then epic dont have a choice in the matter of patching

UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
The online's not crap. Needs some work, but it's still fun.

Some work? lol. I would say if Epic did patch the game, it'd have to be about a gigabyte lol :lol:

I know I dont think I would be able to download the patch its ganna be so big. Wait I wont have to since they probably arent even working on a patch and are working on some more maps to charge us for.

Yep, that is the sad truth...
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 UltimateRAGEX
God I don't understand this delete old quotes to make the have less quotes if you know what I mean. :S
bootsfansonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 bootsfansonly
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts

Generally, the people that complain about this game are the ones who are not very good at it online. They are thinking, wow I was great at Gears of War 1, why am I getting owned in this game, it must be laggy, glitchy, etc. I personally did not like it for the first couple of days but when I realized that you can not jump in and play it just like the first Gears, I immediatly got better and began to really enjoy the online play. So I just wanted to reply to several comments that have been made.

1. The chainsaw does not lower when being shot.

This has been stated over and over again. Honestly You should not be that close it you don't want to get chainsawed and many many times when people have said "man I shot him point blank and he still chainsawed me", they are almost always wrong. When you are in extremely close range, the barrel of the shot gun is generally to the side of the person you are shooting at. At this range, you are usually shooting past or to the side of the other person. Which only lowers the chainsaw for a second. If you are this close, either you rushed in expecting a supercharged shotty to blow him away and you were off by an inch, or he snuck up on you and you are flailing your shotty trying to get him in the middle of your sight. Either way, it is balanced gameplay. Accept it.

2. The matches take 20 minutes to get into.

Like previously stated, this was another reason I disliked the game at first, but honestly they do not take very long, hardley any longer than the first game. It seems longer because unlike the first game, you do not see each person as they join. Generally matchmaking takes less than a minute longer than the first Gears and now there is a ranking system in place. A perk to this is having a host that does not necessarily know they are host.

3.Smoke stun is stupid.

Yet again, at first, I hated this. But as I stopped rushing in and began to look at walls, and learned the stun range, I stopped being the victim of stun grenades and realized it added depth to the strategy of play.

4. They want to charge for the new maps instead of fixing the game.

Didn't they release a patch to help with the long matchmaking issue. Yes they did. Just because "some" do not like the play mechanics and balancing, should they make a patch that adjusts their original intentions, even though "many" like how it currently plays? Also, the maps are an "optional" buy. If you bought the game brand new it came with ten maps, and then there are 5 flashback maps. 15 maps thats quite a few.

UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 UltimateRAGEX

Generally, the people that complain about this game are the ones who are not very good at it online. They are thinking, wow I was great at Gears of War 1, why am I getting owned in this game, it must be laggy, glitchy, etc. I personally did not like it for the first couple of days but when I realized that you can not jump in and play it just like the first Gears, I immediatly got better and began to really enjoy the online play. So I just wanted to reply to several comments that have been made.

This has been stated over and over again. Honestly You should not be that close it you don't want to get chainsawed and many many times when people have said "man I shot him point blank and he still chainsawed me", they are almost always wrong. When you are in extremely close range, the barrel of the shot gun is generally to the side of the person you are shooting at. At this range, you are usually shooting past or to the side of the other person. Which only lowers the chainsaw for a second. If you are this close, either you rushed in expecting a supercharged shotty to blow him away and you were off by an inch, or he snuck up on you and you are flailing your shotty trying to get him in the middle of your sight. Either way, it is balanced gameplay. Accept it.

Like previously stated, this was another reason I disliked the game at first, but honestly they do not take very long, hardley any longer than the first game. It seems longer because unlike the first game, you do not see each person as they join. Generally matchmaking takes less than a minute longer than the first Gears and now there is a ranking system in place. A perk to this is having a host that does not necessarily know they are host.

3.Smoke stun is stupid.

Yet again, at first, I hated this. But as I stopped rushing in and began to look at walls, and learned the stun range, I stopped being the victim of stun grenades and realized it added depth to the strategy of play.

Didn't they release a patch to help with the long matchmaking issue. Yes they did. Just because "some" do not like the play mechanics and balancing, should they make a patch that adjusts their original intentions, even though "many" like how it currently plays? Also, the maps are an "optional" buy. If you bought the game brand new it came with ten maps, and then there are 5 flashback maps. 15 maps thats quite a few.

bootsfansonly
No you are completely wrong, Gears 2 is just ****. Nothing can justify how **** Gears 2 is, that's why I've gone back to the first one.
Natedogg_NJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Natedogg_NJB
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
[QUOTE="bootsfansonly"]

3.Smoke stun is stupid.

UltimateRAGEX
It might be the 0.5 Win/Lost ratio that made you quit.
bs0ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bs0ng
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts
It has it's ups and downs...especially concerning with the lag. If there's one thing that really ruins the game for me it's the lag. The glitches can probably be patched but I'm not so sure about the lag.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

The online is absolutely horrific, and not the Halo horrific where the people playing suck, but geunine horrific. It's the worst show of host advantage i ahve ever seen. Even when you live within a block of someone you have clear advantage as host. And the fact that when 9 players live withing a mile of each other they also pick the guy with the worst connection who lives in eastern russia(no offense, just thinking of somewhere far away). And whenever my team wins everyone else quits, lest they lose they're shiny ranks....and the ranking system is the worst ive ever seen. Ive ranked up and down about 5 times, its completely randomized, sometimes il go on 20 win streaks and not go up but then go up the win after a 20 loss streak. I think ive figured it out, to rank up you win a match of submission that is atleast 30 minutes long, thats my theory, can you do better?

And on a separte note, the nade system is horrible, the hostiest aspect of the game,the host's nades have double range, while yours have half against him. He only stays down for a fraction of a second when smoked and simply runs through nade traps.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
I dont think anybody says the games is awful. Its actually quite good. The main problems though are that the single player is still shallow story wise, and the online is a devolution from GeOW1. They should have forgotten about useless additions like the mulcher and flashes, and fixed the HORRENDOUS host advantage, lag and match making.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

bootsfansonly
It isn't balanced gameplay though. The chainsaw simply does not lower when shot, sometimes. There is a few videos on youtube showing this problem over and over again, with people getting perfect hits on somebody with a chainsaw and nothing happening. That is a big problem with the online, the chainsaw is too powerful. I have never had a problem with people using a chainsaw on me, if I mess up and deserve it, but I do have a problem with me shooting somebody with a chainsaw only to have them walk right through it and catch me.
Avatar image for ascendentjustic
ascendentjustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ascendentjustic
Member since 2006 • 255 Posts
the campaign and horde are good, but it's just so frustrating when you unload a whole clip into a guys upper torso, and he still doesn't die. Even shooting the legs requires ridiculous amounts of ammo to waste on, why couldn't they make it more realistic so that you go down in a quarter clip or something...anything!!!
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
you want realistic and yet you play a game in which you battle against subteranian aliens? bit weird
XcdubXicemanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 XcdubXicemanX
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I believe that Gears 2 lived up to the hype tremendously. It was a great game, the story was awesome too. Cole- freakin beast and he is hilarious. The online play is not as great at Gears 1 and the matchmaking sucks, i did not like the way halo 3 was set up and now gears' online is set up this way. They should have kept it the same. The glitches dont really bother me, the shotgun? wtf its more powerful! and the new guns are kinda nice on a change, im not a fan of the gorgon pistol though. The only thing that really upsets me is the online play, they should have kept it the way it is. Overall i would give it a 9.5/10

PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
From personal experience, the single player story line is all good and fun, the co op works well; any friend can join at any point of the level and join in on your killing spree. I have a 20 mb upload and download connection, no NAT problems or anything, and matchmaking will literally, this is no exaggeration, and if you're by yourself, take anywhere from 5-30 minutes. Everytime that I play gears 2, this problems comes up. I was really upset and had no choice but to just go back to playing halo 3 (im sick of it btw lol)...If you want to pay 60$ for a good co op experience, go right ahead. But if you're in hopes of the game living after the story is over, you're in over your head for anger and annoying technical issues.
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts

Can't complain about the campaign or horde mode. Both are pretty great.

But the Multiplayer is a joke. The amount of glitches in the game is completely unacceptable. You can't really play the multiplayer unless you do the glitches too. If you don't, you'll just get killed by someone that does.

Dredg11
i agree
Ganodon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ganodon44
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
I think it lived up to the hype. It's a great game IMO.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i love gears of war 2
kILLsWITCH913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kILLsWITCH913
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts
I thought that Gears 2 was a great game, now the online has many isues but the single player was great. Most likely my most favorite game of 08.
Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#70 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts
From what I've played, Gears 2 was pretty good. Quite simiar to the first Gears, which isn't a bad thing. I haven't played Campaign, but Horde mode is great fun. I have noticed a few glitches online, but not really enough to spoil the game for me.
Naruto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Naruto
Member since 2002 • 8673 Posts
I enjoyed it much more than I did the first one.