Campers in COD4. Not what U R thinking.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts

Ok, I need to blow off some steam here. I am sick & tired of hearing the word CAMPER in COD4. Today I was playing & laid down in the grass because I knew someone was coming around the corner. I killed him & he immediately told me that "that wasn't cool" and "quit being a camper". I get called a "camper" for being outside, which is a first for me. I also have been called a camper just for entering a building. I think it's funny because they call me a camper for being in there & usually it's cuz I have just removed them from their hiding spot. Anyways, this guy then begins to argue with me about how to play the game & I could never when & do I know how many games he has one (as if I have never won one before). He tells me he is only trying to help me. I became very irritated with him. After all this he only manages to beat me by 2 points & another guy beat him by 1. Here is how I see it. Let people play the game they way they want to.

In a real war, the object is to stay alive & take out the enemy, not run out into the streets waiting for someone to shoot you. In reality, U would face the enemy hiding in buildings and & such. I was told yes, but this isn't reality, it's a game. Yes it is, so stop taking it so seriously. People who are doing the complaining are doing so cuz U R making it harder for them to kill you. I also know for a fact that these people who are so easily tossing this term around can be found guilty of the same thing, especially if compared to the terms they use to consider me a camper, which I do not consider myself to be/ The only thing me & this idiot agree on is that campers don't win the match. Do I find it annoying playing a game where everyone is hiding & buildings picking me off, yes. Still, it's part of the game, if U know they are hiding in a building, go get them out & show them the error of their way. I never call anyone a camper cuz I don't care, if that's how someone plays, so be it, let'em.

What makes the game fun is that U have to think about how to go about things. What fun would it be if it was just a wide open spot & everyone ran around in a big circle & shot each other, would get boring real fast. People should just have fun & leave others alone. Also, one other thing getting annoying with this game is the poeple who think they are the best & can beat everyone. I was just recently in a match & although we are not in a clan, we were playing against one. They were talking alot of crap, especially to my friend before the match began, we then slaughtered them with my friend having highest score in game & me second, they then started screaming back out & one goes, "this is crash, we can't back out" Again we slaughtered them. They closed the room.

Another incident was where some adult guys were picking on a 14 year old & telling him how they were going to destroy him & so on. After the match, my team had won, which was the team this 14 year old was on. They began mouthing him again & it was hilarious to hear him just completely dump on them especially when he compared his score to theirs. Normally I hate to hear a kid on there bragging how great he is, but that time, it was awesome. I wanna hear from both sides on this, whether U agree with me, or think that the other guy was right. I especially want to hear from those who agree :D .

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
NOT going to read all that mess BUT unless you are snipeing DO NOT CAMP
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts
......werds
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RaptorVenom

NOT going to read all that mess BUT unless you are snipeing DO NOT CAMP lge777

May I ask why it matters, Camping is Camping whether U R a Sniper or not. Since U didn't read all that I will let U know that I am ot for or against anyone "Camping" in the game, the topic is simply about being tired of that term being tossed around so much, long story short.

therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
and if you camp...pay attention!
too many times have i snuck up on someone camping and
shot them in the head.
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
You all need to stop whining about camping in CoD4. It's really not that hard to kill a camper after they've killed you once because the kill cam shows you exactly where they are.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RaptorVenom

You all need to stop whining about camping in CoD4. It's really not that hard to kill a camper after they've killed you once because the kill cam shows you exactly where they are.bessy67

I am not sure U understand the topic, or maybe U aren't referring to me, but I am not whining about campers, I am telling everyone else to stop whining.

ConflictMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ConflictMaster
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

[QUOTE="bessy67"]You all need to stop whining about camping in CoD4. It's really not that hard to kill a camper after they've killed you once because the kill cam shows you exactly where they are.RaptorVenom

I am not sure U understand the topic, or maybe U aren't referring to me, but I am not whining about campers, I am telling everyone else to stop whining.

I agree people complain for almost any reason when they lose(Ive Heard "I hate this game type",this map sucks","lag","Martydom is for noobs",Jugernaught is for noobs","Dealge is for noobs","P90 is for noobs",etc.)

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#10 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
seriously, who cares what others say? even if you're a camper...so what? I myself play with the mic mute but even if i said things out loud, i wouldnt expect people to actually care.
PsyCho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 PsyCho90
Member since 2004 • 1204 Posts
Haha, i never camp and thats why I always die a lot.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

*desperately tries to break through the wall of text, gasping for breath*

I don't like campers in Call of Duty 4. They're lazy and annoying.

When I mean "camper" I mean people who camp on top of buildings and wait for people to come.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RaptorVenom
[QUOTE="RaptorVenom"]

[QUOTE="bessy67"]You all need to stop whining about camping in CoD4. It's really not that hard to kill a camper after they've killed you once because the kill cam shows you exactly where they are.ConflictMaster

I agree people complain for almost any reason when they lose(Ive Heard "I hate this game type",this map sucks","lag","Martydom is for noobs",Jugernaught is for noobs","Dealge is for noobs","P90 is for noobs",etc.)

Ha, Yeah, another 1 I hear is they call the Grenade Launcher "NOOB TUBE". The weapons are in the game to use, as well as the hiding spots.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RaptorVenom

PEOPLE WILL B**** WHEN THEY DIE!!! IF YOU DIE BY A "CAMPER" THEN YOU SHOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO GO BACK AND SNEAK UP ON THAT SAME "CAMPER" 'CUZ YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS! ANYWAY, WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE SAY, I LOVE KILLING CAMPERS AND SOMETIMES I CAME TO GET THAT HELICOPTER OR WHATEVER...LIKE ANYGAME OR REAL LIFE, IF YOU GET THE JUMP ON THE ENEMY YOU HAVE AN ADVANTAGE. IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT TRY TO SET UP CAMP...YOU CANNOT CAMP IN THE SAME SPOT FOR LONG, IT'S AN EASY KILL FOR SOMEBODY THROWING A GRENADE ETC. AT THE CAMPER (JUST COOK YOUR NADE)...IT'S JUST ONE DEATH, WHO CARES? GO BACK AND KILL SAID "CAMPER" OR ARE YOU MAD CUZ YOU CAN'T LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO GET BACK TO SAID CAMPER? YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT...I'LL KILL YOU STAND STILL OR ON THE RUN, IT DON'T MATTER TO ME...PLAY HOW YOU WANT...JUST DON'T CHEAT.

BiOsHoCkEr

Well said, as long as there is no cheating, I don't care.

steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
every day somebodys complaining about juggernaut or camping, just ignore it & enjoy the game
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

That is a HUGE block of text and you should really try and summarize it for simplicity, until then I probably won't read it.

As for camping in CoD4 I don;t understand why you are complaining. Campers are the easier way to get kills as they are very predictable and always in the same spots. True good campers actually move around to a variety of location to conceal their location and use the element of suprise in their favor.

If you canno't handle it then eirher go play a game like Halo 3 that requires less skill or learn to adapt and watch you kill cam so you can learn for the next round.

But stop complaining it just makes you look bad.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RaptorVenom

seriously, who cares what others say? even if you're a camper...so what? I myself play with the mic mute but even if i said things out loud, i wouldnt expect people to actually care.chex81

I don't necessarily care what they say, it's just an annoyance. What get's on my nerves is that these people want U to play by their terms, which basically means they want U to run out in front of them so they can kill you with the least amount of effort & resistance. What they need to do is shut up & play the game. Like U, I play with the Mic Muted cuz I say all kinda crap in frustration, but I don't mean anything by & don't want anyone to hear it. However, I still yet have not used the term CAMPER on anyone going back as far as COD2 where I first heard the term.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RaptorVenom

That is a HUGE block of text and you should really try and summarize it for simplicity, until then I probably won't read it.

As for camping in CoD4 I don;t understand why you are complaining. Campers are the easier way to get kills as they are very predictable and always in the same spots. True good campers actually move around to a variety of location to conceal their location and use the element of suprise in their favor.

If you canno't handle it then eirher go play a game like Halo 3 that requires less skill or learn to adapt and watch you kill cam so you can learn for the next round.

APOLLOCJD

Not trying to be snotty, but it is long to make a point & show stupidity of people. Had U read it, U would realize I am not complaining & agree with U completely.

Spartan-4295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Spartan-4295
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

APOLLOCJD
Halo 3 does take skill, I agree the game has flaws, but cod4 has major online flaws. If you are new to the game you get matched up w/ people who have greatly higher ranks, and better weapons......that is very unfair. At least in halo3 you get matched w/ people your own lvl, and they don't have better weapons than you.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
[QUOTE="APOLLOCJD"]

Spartan-4295

Halo 3 does take skill, I agree the game has flaws, but cod4 has major online flaws. If you are new to the game you get matched up w/ people who have greatly higher ranks, and better weapons......that is very unfair. At least in halo3 you get matched w/ people your own lvl, and they don't have better weapons than you.

I agree COD4 eats up newbies

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RaptorVenom
It is flawed in the fact that it will pair up a first timer with people who are 5th time Prestige mode.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
obviously, people complain about things that work against them...
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RaptorVenom
How very true.
Motara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Motara
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts

I don't mind campers--it is just a position held by the enemy--with the kill cam--it pretty much gives the sniper positions away anyway. What I hate is spawn rushers, who just run to the spawn throwing grenades trying to get cheap kills. Some maps are worse than others--it is not as bad as some games but I can tell when someone (or a team) has memorized the spawn and is rushing it, laying outside the edge or behind it looking at the spawn points and taking down people that appear. That is lame. That is how people who play alot (elite players) get doubled up on points with new players. It's map and spawn memorization and exploitation. What is funny is when the spwn point changes they will rush out to get into the new position and get pissed if they can't get there! (People that play pissed tend to rush in after you again and again).

xTriviumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 xTriviumx
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
i totally agree mate ;)
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RaptorVenom

I don't mind campers--it is just a position held by the enemy--with the kill cam--it pretty much gives the sniper positions away anyway. What I hate is spawn rushers, who just run to the spawn throwing grenades trying to get cheap kills. Some maps are worse than others--it is not as bad as some games but I can tell when someone (or a team) has memorized the spawn and is rushing it, laying outside the edge or behind it looking at the spawn points and taking down people that appear. That is lame. That is how people who play alot (elite players) get doubled up on points with new players. It's map and spawn memorization and exploitation. What is funny is when the spwn point changes they will rush out to get into the new position and get pissed if they can't get there! (People that play pissed tend to rush in after you again and again).

Motara

Very true. If I know where someone is & go to kill them & they get me, I go right back, they get me again, smart thing would be don't go back, instead, I quit worrying about game & am so intent on getting them I get killed several times just trying to get back to them & get revenge & the more they know I am coming, the easier it gets to kill me. If someone else doesn't get them, I will keep going back till I do, even if it costs me the match completely.

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
i dont mind people camping as long as they haven't got a shotgun. but there is still nothing more satisfying thatn walking up behind a camper and stabbing him!
ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ssc0n
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts

Infinity Ward worked their hardest to specifically take the chances of successful "camping" out, and I think they did a good job. I just hate how people can call almost anything camping. IDK, I dont even care. I average 20+ kills and >10 deaths in team deathmatches, I run around the map while staying in cover.

The_SandRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_SandRock
Member since 2004 • 1946 Posts

tl;dr and wall o' text.

But from what I did read, I got that you just don't like being called a camper, if you know you aren't then why is it making you mad?

EDIT: I also think that camping is a viable tactic in Search and Destroy, but pretty much everything else you're kinda stupid if you camp.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
i really don't even care what happened to you online unless it was extremely weird or funny.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Infinity Ward worked their hardest to specifically take the chances of successful "camping" out, and I think they did a good job. I just hate how people can call almost anything camping. IDK, I dont even care. I average 20+ kills and >10 deaths in team deathmatches, I run around the map while staying in cover.

ssc0n

Exactly my explanation. Also, you have to notice the level design in CoD4 MP is marvelously done, so any potential "campers" shouldn't get anymore than 1-3 kills, and that's if your team is dumb.

Basically, don't worry about anyone calling you or anyone else a camper. They're sore losers.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts

ssc0n
same, i usually only get killed when moving from cover to cover.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RaptorVenom

i really don't even care what happened to you online unless it was extremely weird or funny.herbie12282

And I thank U for contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation. But, as is your right, I am not complaining about it.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
CoD4 players are way to obsessed about camping. They just need to chill out. I know CoD4 is too arcadey to say its a realistic portayal of the military but guess how most of your time in a firefight would be in the real world? Hiding behind cover waiting till some idiot ran out and got shot. Its tactics, and usually it doesn't work for more than a few kills because skilled players can usually kill the camper after dying the first time.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RaptorVenom

tl;dr and wall o' text.

But from what I did read, I got that you just don't like being called a camper, if you know you aren't then why is it making you mad?

EDIT: I also think that camping is a viable tactic in Search and Destroy, but pretty much everything else you're kinda stupid if you camp.

The_SandRock

I don't really care about them calling me a camper specifically, I'm sick of it period, be it about me, U, or anyone else. It's part of the game. It's a tactic. It's like someone telling U that U suck for killing someone a certain way or using a certain perk or weapon. They aren't in the game for nothing. It's the diversity that makes it fun & challenging. Otherwise it would be COD2 with modern combat & people would complain & actually do anyway that it's the same thing only modernized.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RaptorVenom

CoD4 players are way to obsessed about camping. They just need to chill out. I know CoD4 is too arcadey to say its a realistic portayal of the military but guess how most of your time in a firefight would be in the real world? Hiding behind cover waiting till some idiot ran out and got shot. Its tactics, and usually it doesn't work for more than a few kills because skilled players can usually kill the camper after dying the first time.Ket87

U said it all. Bravo.

Kurtisadei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kurtisadei
Member since 2003 • 209 Posts
all u had 2 do was make paragraphs and more ppl would read this thing
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RaptorVenom

all u had 2 do was make paragraphs and more ppl would read this thingKurtisadei

I doubt it, people don't like to read more than a few sentences at best, doesn't matter how it's done, but I will see what I can do.

linkinSOXecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 linkinSOXecho
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
i have no problem with what most people call camping. i do it too. the only thing i consider CAMPING is spawn camping. thats just unfair.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
I'd call myself a mobile camper. I camp until I've got a kill or two then move on and camp somewhere else. (damn that killcam!)
Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
the ppl who cry camper in call of duty just suck cuz they pretty much run around not looking at their sorroundings, for example when entering a room, always look to the side where there is space to hide on the other side of da door, or if its a wide open room, be smart n throw a flashbang before entering. camping is just a fighting style in call of duty 4 which is encouraged. y do u think they have manual detonating C4? my fighting style is to run from cover to cover killing an enemy and quickly moving from that area.
roan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 roan23
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
if u snipping, usually u always camping, cause that's what a sniper did. then some people r playing smart, pronch to the ground, so blending to the the enviroment. if the the guy didn't like it, well tell him to grow up, and become a better SOLDIER. Try to put ur mind in the enemy head, and think where would i be if i were him.
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
Campers are just people who sit in 1 spot throughout the match. Then they proceed to sit in 1 spot for this next match and so on. That is what campers are.

I camp sometimes.. Sometimes even through the entire match cause I feel like it. I don't think of myself as a camper. Sometime I like to go in gun-blazing first. Sometimes I feel like playing support role and look for the high-ground to support the team. Sometimes, I don't feel like running around, so I sit still and guard a position. Sometime, I run off from the pack to a remote pack of the map cause I know the enemy will use that route so I can ambush them. It is all fair game to me.

Next time, someone yells at you for being a camper and then justifying it by say they are just helping you. Best of mute them or if you got some fire left in you, tell them, "If you were good, you would have been able to handle it." or "where does it say in the manual, you cannot stay in 1 spot?"
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RaptorVenom
Thanks for the comments guys, U all make alot of sense. I feel better now. I guess it just really ticked me off that he called me a camper cuz I layed down 2 seconds before he got to me & I killed him. Like I said also, I just get sick of hearing people complaining about, even if they are talking about someone else. I get irritated also when they pick on other players who aren't as good or try to sound superior over someone who just got the game. It should be about having fun, not making others feel like crap.
007_jamesbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 007_jamesbond
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
what is camping?
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#47 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
I have no problems with campers... you find out where they are hiding and you pwn them.. easy as that
clh_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clh_05
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
Sniping is fine, camping is horrible. Not the kind you did (I only read half of the first paragraph) BUt when a guy stays in the same building the whole game. And then when he dies goes back to the same place. It irratates me.
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
I have never had ONE single problem with campers on COD4.
its_a_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 its_a_name
Member since 2008 • 664 Posts
Wow, you posted all that just to whine about how you got killed "unfairly" by a "camper" in COD4? COD4 is too fast to camp anyway, it's either constantly move or you'll be dead before the minute is up. I've been playing COD4 since launch (haven't played LIVE in awhile though) and I very rarely see a camper, and if there are some so what? "Just keep killing" is what I always say.