Campers in COD4. Not what U R thinking.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

what is camping?007_jamesbond

When you go out in the woods and pitch tents and sit by the fire drinking beer.

dothack104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 dothack104
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts
This is why G-d created the mute function.:D
Avatar image for foolwestcoast33
foolwestcoast33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 foolwestcoast33
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

and if you camp...pay attention!
too many times have i snuck up on someone camping and
shot them in the head.therapyhiccup

the only easy campers are the ones who hide outside I can understand camping in sabotage and more objective based game types but in team death match its not that great usually you camp get one kill then get murdered but its part of the game you cant help it the only thing you can do is adapt and prepare for it

Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
so sometimed I just get my old barret 50.cal and stay in one spot. its being smart.
s3lFc0nTr0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 s3lFc0nTr0l
Member since 2006 • 3028 Posts

That's why I rarely ever talk on live

People either complain about anything, or be like "OMGZ I SHOT THAT GUY IN TEH FACE 10 TIMES AND HE DIDNT DIE WTF"

Really annoying

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Thanks for the comments guys, U all make alot of sense. I feel better now. I guess it just really ticked me off that he called me a camper cuz I layed down 2 seconds before he got to me & I killed him. Like I said also, I just get sick of hearing people complaining about, even if they are talking about someone else. I get irritated also when they pick on other players who aren't as good or try to sound superior over someone who just got the game. It should be about having fun, not making others feel like crap.RaptorVenom

yeah i know what u mean, i do that alot too. like if i hear footsteps or if i know someone just shot behind me, i run into a room because i know theyre following me. if u ask me thats playing pretty smart, luring them in like that. and yeah ive been called a camper because of that too. like ill kill somebody when i walk in a room and then turn around and kill somebody else whos just now getting there and they call me a camper. if somebodys chasing u and u run into a room and wait for them then thats just smart, but im not gonna lie its REALLY annoying when theres the kind of people that just like wait at the top of a staircase or somethin and kill people when they come up. but like u said earlier, it doesnt really matter because its almost impossible to win if u stay in one spot the entire match, so people that do that rarely ever win

bokoooos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 bokoooos
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts

What ever happened to just enjoying the game? Gotta love the complainers, it keeps me coming back for more!!

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

Sniping is fine, camping is horrible. Not the kind you did (I only read half of the first paragraph) BUt when a guy stays in the same building the whole game. And then when he dies goes back to the same place. It irratates me. clh_05

yeah i know what u mean, i cant stand that. i really dont have a problem with people that are in buildings and looking out windows and picking people off. the ones that really get me are the ones that just go somewhere in a building and then crouch and keep their crosshairs on the doorway, so right when people walk in they shoot them. honestly, i dont even see why anyone would wanna do that. how is that fun?

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
Just a small note to anyone coming in here. Try and read the guys poat. It wont kill you. I mean if your going to read two words of his post then dont bother in posting.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts

Wow, you posted all that just to whine about how you got killed "unfairly" by a "camper" in COD4? COD4 is too fast to camp anyway, it's either constantly move or you'll be dead before the minute is up. I've been playing COD4 since launch (haven't played LIVE in awhile though) and I very rarely see a camper, and if there are some so what? "Just keep killing" is what I always say.its_a_name

Read more carefully, I did not get killed by a camper, I was called a camper for laying down on the groun in plain site & killing someone else. I am not complaining about campers, but complaining about people who are complaining about campers.

RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 RaptorVenom

Just a small note to anyone coming in here. Try and read the guys poat. It wont kill you. I mean if your going to read two words of his post then dont bother in posting.chaoz-king

Thanks very much. Also, I appreciate all coments, even if they don't agree, but it would be nice if everyone read the post before they post as I have seen a few posts where the person has absolutley got the wrong idea.

mgcrider08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 mgcrider08
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
Bottom line, there are people that play COD4 that will call you a camper for getting a headshot. Just play the game in the style that best suits you. Nice thing about COD4 is that there are different modes, so people that stay stationary might have a little better chance in some modes, where people that sprint everywhere have more luck in others modes. I think search and destroy takes a lot of skill, and I know because I suck at it still. XBox Live is supposed to be for people to talk/play and have fun, not antagonize each other. That's how I roll.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RaptorVenom

Bottom line, there are people that play COD4 that will call you a camper for getting a headshot. Just play the game in the style that best suits you. Nice thing about COD4 is that there are different modes, so people that stay stationary might have a little better chance in some modes, where people that sprint everywhere have more luck in others modes. I think search and destroy takes a lot of skill, and I know because I suck at it still. XBox Live is supposed to be for people to talk/play and have fun, not antagonize each other. That's how I roll.mgcrider08

How very true. Roll on.

Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Captain-Ichigo
Member since 2007 • 545 Posts

basically the point of sniping is staying in one spot and stay hidden

dmatzat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dmatzat
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I am 68 Years old and love COD4 but my reaction is much slower than the young dudes who run and gun. So to play the game, I must find the spot to wait for some young buck with a girly voice to come running by so I can blow his head off. We older guys are rather slow in reacting. So we sit and wait... If you don't like it - tough...

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#66 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
I think camping is just part of the game and is a different form of stradegy in COD4. Sense the game has a sense of realism in it, camping is just another part of the gameplay. When I meet a camper I just usually find out where he is because of the kill cam and I take him down easily. When I'm a sniper I usually camp because that's techinically what a real sniper would do, wouldn't he? The only type of camping I hate is spawn killing campers, picking off people who doesn't have any chance of fighting back is just unfair.
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
I feel you, camping is a tactic, it is your fault that you are not cautious and died to a camper
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
yea so ture.
Halo773ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Halo773ER
Member since 2003 • 726 Posts
I dont mind camping because after a while I know where the guy is camping and on my next respawn just take a little trip over to his site and kill him.
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#70 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

U IS NOT A WORD, IT IS A LETTER!

Good Lord.

And by the way, camping is despicable and annoying and NOBODY should ever do it. Play with skill, not cheap tactics.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Dub_c6969
Sniping is fine, camping is horrible. Not the kind you did (I only read half of the first paragraph) BUt when a guy stays in the same building the whole game. And then when he dies goes back to the same place. It irratates me. clh_05
Not me because thats just free kills lol.
LeFlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LeFlack
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts

In all the shoot em up games I've played (Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, COD4, Gears of War) the rules of the game were to get a flag to a certain point, place a bomb, take a headquarters, kill the oposition as many times as you can in so many minutes, the list goes on. NEVER did it say you can't kill more than one person from the same spot. Neither does it say running in head first at the enemies and taking the fight front on gets you bonus points. People don't camp, they just find a good vantage point on the map where they can get the most kills from, or help their team win the objective. They don't own that spot, they aren't the only ones allowed to use that spot ANYONE can use that spot but some are better than others at protecting the area they are getting the most kills from. If you find yourself getting killed everytime you take the guy on go a different way or raise your game and kill him. I personally don't stay in one place during a round as I don't have the patience to do so but I have no problem with people that do. If it gets them kills, they must be doing something right

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Dub_c6969

In all the shoot em up games I've played (Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, COD4, Gears of War) the rules of the game were to get a flag to a certain point, place a bomb, take a headquarters, kill the oposition as many times as you can in so many minutes, the list goes on. NEVER did it say you can't kill more than one person from the same spot. Neither does it say running in head first at the enemies and taking the fight front on gets you bonus points. People don't camp, they just find a good vantage point on the map where they can get the most kills from, or help their team win the objective. They don't own that spot, they aren't the only ones allowed to use that spot ANYONE can use that spot but some are better than others at protecting the area they are getting the most kills from. If you find yourself getting killed everytime you take the guy on go a different way or raise your game and kill him. I personally don't stay in one place during a round as I don't have the patience to do so but I have no problem with people that do. If it gets them kills, they must be doing something right

LeFlack
Good Post!!
SLXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 SLXD
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

Or cut you with my trusty knife... :D

sydstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sydstoner
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

Good god its only a game, its not real.

A fantastic game i might add, but jeez get a grip.

You people could suck the fun out of xmas.