Boycott Bungie!!! (Very Mad Costumer Thread)

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 FarmerJohn55
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

Alright, first of all let me say that I like Bungie, I like Halo 3, I bought both of the map packs, and that is why I am pissed. My Halo 3 disk broke and after a 30 minute phone conversation with some lady who I swear was a stereotypical Indian outsourced costumer support agent, they said that I have to pay $20 for a new disk! Alright sure, that is their policy, but comeon, I already spent $20 on it for the maps. I'm hopping that maybe if Bungie sees this, or someone tells them, maybe I can get it for free! So please, don't just post annoying things, I'm serious about this.

LEt me tell everyone this, because you seem to overlook my points, The disk broke after 2 weeks of not playing it, my argument is that I already spent $20 on the game and why should I have to again? Finally, i don't really mean boycott bungie, but it sounds clever, get it, alliteration? Also, stop taking it so serious you rabbid fanboys. :)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm cool with the maps, I just dont appreciate the fact that Halo 3 didnt support 720p HD.
FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FarmerJohn55

I'm cool with the maps, I just dont appreciate the fact that Halo 3 didnt support 720p HD. Elann2008

....................Did you even read what I said? I'm trying to get a movment to get a free disk! Help a man out, seriously!

Avatar image for DrummerDude1010
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 DrummerDude1010
Member since 2007 • 891 Posts
I dont think that even if you get a million people to agree with you, that you will get a free disk. Sorry, i think you should, but i dont think bungie cares.
FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FarmerJohn55
who knows though eh? Worst comes to worst, I buy a new disk, but it's the principle of the thing! They allow free replacements for rockband, why not game disks, I keep mine in cases at all times
Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts

You broke the disc.

They're giving you a great deal by paying one third the price of a game for a new copy.

And your complaining, thinking you can get a movement going.

This is really why I feel the majority of the 360 community has a maturity level of a 10 year old.

Avatar image for TheSoulforged13
TheSoulforged13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 TheSoulforged13
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts

I understand where you are coming from with being pissed at the disc breaking, but why boycott Bungie? Isn't it Microsoft that deals with all the replacement stuff?

At any rate that sucks. Lol, thats why I spend the $3 extra to get the disc replacement warranty.

P.S. $20 isn't really all that much to spend. Annoying? Sure. But if you play it enough you won't care a couple days later.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
Mad Costumer? Is that some new super villain or something? What does the costumer's costume look like?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm cool with the maps, I just dont appreciate the fact that Halo 3 didnt support 720p HD. FarmerJohn55

....................Did you even read what I said? I'm trying to get a movment to get a free disk! Help a man out, seriously!

Umm... how did it break? You didnt even explain how it broke. And you expect people to read your rant?

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FarmerJohn55

I understand where you are coming from with being pissed at the disc breaking, but why boycott Bungie? Isn't it Microsoft that deals with all the replacement stuff?

At any rate that sucks. Lol, thats why I spend the $3 extra to get the disc replacement warranty.

P.S. $20 isn't really all that much to spend. Annoying? Sure. But if you play it enough you won't care a couple days later.

TheSoulforged13

ya, I understand what you say, but again, just annoying, ya know? And about boycott bungie, I just like alliteration :)

decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 decepticondevil

well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.a55a55inx

Riiiight because the $480,000,000 in sales wasn't enough to cover the manhours to throw a few maps together.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm cool with the maps, I just dont appreciate the fact that Halo 3 didnt support 720p HD. Elann2008

Umm... how did it break? You didnt even explain how it broke. And you expect people to read your rant?

I never really knew how it broke, I had just gotten call of duty 4 and I hadn't played it in a few days, then I tried to go play it with some buds and it wouldn't go, I guess it got jellious :O and as forDecepticondevil, not oly did you spell your name wrong, but read the thread stupid.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mariofreak1216
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

They're giving you a great deal by paying one third the price of a game for a new copy.

This is really why I feel the majority of the 360 community has a maturity level of a 10 year old.

FarmerJohn55

First off, I really couldn't care less about what you say, second of all, I keep my disks in thier cases or in my xbox, the disks are cheap, along with most of the 360's hardware, third, as I said before, I know that it's only $20, but it's the priciple of the thing, and Finally, your saying I have the maturity of a 10 years old and your name is mariofreak, so I don't know how you can talk, not to mention that I asked nicely not to be a dick about this.

I'm sorry, but I have to respond.

Clearly you did care about what I had to say because you took time out to write this well thought out hate toward me. Also, I don't see how the principle of the thing allows you to get past what everyone else usually does when their discs break. And finally, your maturity level shows even more when you say that I am somehow less mature for having a Nintendo character in my name. I fail to see your point.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 a55a55inx

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.decepticondevil

Riiiight because the $480,000,000 in sales wasn't enough to cover the manhours to throw a few maps together.

do you honestly think that all of that money goes to the bungie emplyees?...if you didn't know, the employees get payed by the hour, not by the amount of sales...

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

Mariofreak1216

First off, I really couldn't care less about what you say, second of all, I keep my disks in thier cases or in my xbox, the disks are cheap, along with most of the 360's hardware, third, as I said before, I know that it's only $20, but it's the priciple of the thing, and Finally, your saying I have the maturity of a 10 years old and your name is mariofreak, so I don't know how you can talk, not to mention that I asked nicely not to be a dick about this.

Clearly you did care about what I had to say because you took time out to write this well thought out hate toward me. Also, I don't see how the principle of the thing allows you to get past what everyone else usually does when their discs break. And finally, your maturity level shows even more when you say that I am somehow less mature for having a Nintendo character in my name. I fail to see your point.

I reply to defend my actions, and If you don't see the point then I am validated.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

meh, my friend's friend broke my call of duty 4 i have to pay $20 for a new one.... he was playing it! he lifted my 360 when it was on. i have to say i'm happy that it only cost me $20 for a replacement. its better then paying for an entirly new game ($60)

i was hoping it was something else then a brocken disc that u don't want to pay.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FarmerJohn55

meh, my friend's friend broke my call of duty 4 i have to pay $20 for a new one.... he was playing it! he lifted my 360 when it was on. i have to say i'm happy that it only cost me $20 for a replacement. its better then paying for an entirly new game ($60)

i was hoping it was something else then a brocken disc that u don't want to pay.

iam2green

That's the thing, it was in it's case for like a week because I was playing Call of Duty 4, so, I don't really know how it broke :(

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mariofreak1216
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

I reply to defend my actions, and If you don't see the point then I am validated.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?

Are you just trying to make yourself look smart!?

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

Alright, first of all let me say that I like Bungie, I like Halo 3, I bought both of the map packs, and that is why I am pissed. My Halo 3 disk broke and after a 30 minute phone conversation with some lady who I swear was a stereotypical Indian outsourced costumer support agent, they said that I have to pay $20 for a new disk! Alright sure, that is their policy, but comeon, I already spent $20 on it for the maps. I'm hopping that maybe if Bungie sees this, or someone tells them, maybe I can get it for free! So please, don't just post annoying things, I'm serious about this.FarmerJohn55

How did it break? If it was a bad disk then you had 90 days to figure it out and return it. BTW, games are not free to make they cost money to produce.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

Mariofreak1216

I'm trying to make a case for myself, but making you pissed off and look stupid is just a plus.

decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 decepticondevil
[QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.a55a55inx

do you honestly think that all of that money goes to the bungie emplyees?...if you didn't know, the employees get payed by the hour, not by the amount of sales...

What does that have to do with anything? Of course they get paid by the hour. And I would think that 480 MILLION DOLLARS would be enough to cover paying them for a few extra weeks to work on some maps.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

I'm trying to make a case for myself, but making you pissed off and look stupid is just a plus.

I'm trying to make a case for myself, but making you look stupid and pissed off is a bonus(double post oops)

venasque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 venasque
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

If you don't care what he says, then why did you reply? Insults aren't going to help your cause either.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

venasque

If you don't care what he says, then why did you reply? Insults aren't going to help your cause either.

had you read the other posts you would know that I was defending myself, not to mention that poeple like you aren't going to help me either.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

You're only making your immaturity more obvious when trying to use someone's username as an argument. (Even more strange is that said name is completely unrelated to the topic at hand.)

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mariofreak1216
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

I'm trying to make a case for myself, but making you look stupid and pissed off is a bonus(double post oops)

Let's disect the sentence I was referring to.

"I reply to defend my actions"

Simple enough, you were replying to me so you could defend your point of view.

"and if you don't see my point I am validated"

O.K... now how in the world, if I did NOT see your point, are you POSSIBLY validated?

Like, me not seeing your point would somehow make your point more proof?

Your point was I had the maturity level of a 10 year old because I have a nintendo character in your name.

Even if this somehow made a shred of sense, it wouldn't be you that was validated, it would be your point.

Damn.

Steven_Beynon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 Steven_Beynon
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

You broke it, they shouldnt be responsible unless they did something wrong. It being your fault, it's your responsibility. Besides, their are other games than Halo.

1234597link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1234597link
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
Buy a new one.
FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

Mariofreak1216

O.K... now how in the world, if I did NOT see your point, are you POSSIBLY validated?

Your point was I had the maturity level of a 10 year old because I have a nintendo character in your name.

Even if this somehow made a shred of sense, it wouldn't be you that was validated, it would be your point.

Damn.

You validated my point that you are in fact the immature one because you have to come in and try to prevent someone from a)taking a stand and b)getting something for free, so I guess damn back, wait I forgot, I don't talk like a dumb ass.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 a55a55inx
[QUOTE="a55a55inx"][QUOTE="decepticondevil"]

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]well...it is passed the 90 day warranty(i assume)... so obviously you're going to have to pay a fee. Paying for the map packs are a whole different story, you're paying the employees for working extra hours making maps outside of the game you purchased. They could have left us with nothing left to look forward to if they wanted to.decepticondevil

What does that have to do with anything? Of course they get paid by the hour. And I would think that 480 MILLION DOLLARS would be enough to cover paying them for a few extra weeks to work on some maps.

Lets not forget that video game developing is still a business... this money gets spread around throughout producers and developers. Do you think that each of them are going to be willing to take the profits that they made out of their own pockets, just so that we can play more maps? They don't even know us, why should they care? There are tons of heartless people around this world, especially when it comes to business. You shouldn't expect anything less from the people in the upper divisions, what we're doing when we pay for maps, is supporting the skilled individuals behind the whole thing.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FarmerJohn55

You broke it, they shouldnt be responsible unless they did something wrong. It being your fault, it's your responsibility. Besides, their are other games than Halo.

Steven_Beynon

As I mentioned, I spent money on the game, it was in it's case and when I tried to used it later, it wouldn't go.

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mariofreak1216
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

Damn.

You validated my point that you are in fact the immature one because you have to come in and try to prevent someone from a)taking a stand and b)getting something for free, so I guess damn back, wait I forgot, I don't talk like a dumb ass.

So by your logic we should just sit idly by while somebody is robbing our house right?

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

Mariofreak1216

Damn.

So by your logic we should just sit idly by while somebody is robbing our house right?

It's not your house, haven't you ever heard the phrase steal from the rich and give to the needy?

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FarmerJohn55
by the way, reply to this one for your next post, it's getting too long
Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mariofreak1216

Ok I assume that you are the needy one.

What?

You have a 400 dollar 360 with numerous 60 dollar games!

Most of the people who work in game development don't make that much, and would make even less if they just gave everything to you for free.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FarmerJohn55

Ok I assume that you are the needy one.

What?

You have a 400 dollar 360 with numerous 60 dollar games!

Most of the people who work in game development don't make that much, and would make even less if they just gave everything to you for free.

Mariofreak1216

I'm not saying I'm needy by conventional terms, but compaired to a corprate figure, I am the needy

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FarmerJohn55

Damn.

It's not your house, haven't you ever heard the phrase steal from the rich and give to the needy?

I just wanted to get in on this never ending quotation thread!!! And while I'm at it pay the freakin $20 bucks for a replacement disc for the one you broke.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

disks dont just break

it you broke it you got to pay for it

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Damn.

I just wanted to get in on this never ending quotation thread!!! And while I'm at it pay the freakin $20 bucks for a replacement disc for the one you broke.

first off get out of here, second of all, if you read the thread my point is that I already spent $20 on the maps!

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mariofreak1216
[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Damn.

I wonder if it will ever get long enough to cover a whole page with one post...

FB3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 FB3
Member since 2008 • 403 Posts

You broke the disc.

Mariofreak1216

Agreed...And I don't think all the crazed Halo fanatics out there are going to boycott over a broken disc. More trivial than that McDonald's lawsuit where some old lady spilled coffee on herself and sued them and somehow won. Andrew Jackson won't be angry if you just spend the $20 and get over it.

EDIT: By the way, sorry that I broke your chain, hehe.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

FB3

Agreed...And I don't think all the crazed Halo fanatics out there are going to boycott over a broken disc. More trivial than that McDonald's lawsuit where some old lady spilled coffee on herself and sued them and somehow won. Andrew Jackson won't be angry if you just spend the $20 and get over it.

EDIT: By the way, sorry that I broke your chain, hehe.

Again though, I know it has no legal defence, but what I'm saying is I spent $20 on the game for maps already, by the way, i don't really mean boycott, I just like alliteration :D ps, I'm trying to break that chain, annoying to scroll down.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FarmerJohn55
I would like to state that I am amazed at the amount of hate on this site, and Mariofreak is a spoil sport possible Communist
Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mariofreak1216

I would like to state that I am amazed at the amount of hate on this site, and Mariofreak is a spoil sport possible Communist FarmerJohn55

Communist? If I were a communist I would be ALL for you getting your disc for free.

You my friend are the Communist.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FarmerJohn55

[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"]I would like to state that I am amazed at the amount of hate on this site, and Mariofreak is a spoil sport possible Communist Mariofreak1216

............alright, you proved that you are a spoil sport, I'm just kidding about the Communist thing, I mean seriously, it's a gaming forum, I don't understand your hostilities toward everything, I caught you trying to tell someone to lock thier form when they were asking a ligitimate question about endwar

Communist? If I were a communist I would be ALL for you getting your disc for free.

venasque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 venasque
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts

had you read the other posts you would know that I was defending myself, not to mention that poeple like you aren't going to help me either.FarmerJohn55

If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't feel the need to defend yourself.

FarmerJohn55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FarmerJohn55
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

[QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"]I would like to state that I am amazed at the amount of hate on this site, and Mariofreak is a spoil sport possible Communist FarmerJohn55

............alright, you proved that you are a spoil sport, I'm just kidding about the Communist thing, I mean seriously, it's a gaming forum, I don't understand your hostilities toward everything, I caught you trying to tell someone to lock thier form when they were asking a ligitimate question about endwar

God dude, nice way to prove you're a spoil sport, I was just kidding about you being a communist. I don't understand all your hostilities, this is a gaming forum, stop taking it all so seriously, not to mention I caught you telling someone to lock a thread about a ligitimate question about endwar.

SPARTAN_D7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SPARTAN_D7
Member since 2007 • 477 Posts
Sounds to me like you should be pissed at Microsoft for making systems that scratch disks on a regular basis. When I got my first box is scratched Oblivion and GRAW. I called 1-800-MYXBOX and caused a huge stink, they sent me both disks they wrecked and a free! **** but FREE!) game. Bungie cant do anything about it, HATE MICROSOFT!