Boycott Bungie!!! (Very Mad Costumer Thread)

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Also you spelled 'customer' wrong in the headline, the word costumer makes the thread title sound like you got sued for cosplaying.

diablobasher

This was a literally laughing out loud moment for me.

Fraggler28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Fraggler28
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Yeah that's one gripe I had with this game... it cuts off in HD.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
send an email to major nelson (major@xbox.com) tell him about your problem and the post you made. (don't include hyperlinks or your email will be tossed in junk mail)
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
yes lets boycott bungie cuz u broke ur disk and ur mad they are giving u a deal which is 20$ for a new one vs they do nothin for u and u spend 60$ on a new one. i dnt see how or why ur so mad
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
I'm not reading through 3 pages of this thread. I am just amused at the thought of a mad costumer. "Oh my, he's now dressed as Lizzie Borden in an airplane! And now he's dressed as the space-time continuum playing cribbage! The madness!" I heart typos.
Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts

lol yeah we're gonna start a movement for you.

the closest thing you'll get to a movement from me is when i go number 2 in a few minutes.

xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
[QUOTE="xxxMoreBeerxxx"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

They're giving you a great deal by paying one third the price of a game for a new copy.

And your complaining, thinking you can get a movement going.

This is really why I feel the majority of the 360 community has a maturity level of a 10 year old.

FarmerJohn55

First off, I really couldn't care less about what you say, second of all, I keep my disks in thier cases or in my xbox, the disks are cheap, along with most of the 360's hardware, third, as I said before, I know that it's only $20, but it's the priciple of the thing, and Finally, your saying I have the maturity of a 10 years old and your name is mariofreak, so I don't know how you can talk, not to mention that I asked nicely not to be a dick about this.

I'm trying to make a case for myself, but making you pissed off and look stupid is just a plus.

I'm sorry, but I have to respond.

Clearly you did care about what I had to say because you took time out to write this well thought out hate toward me. Also, I don't see how the principle of the thing allows you to get past what everyone else usually does when their discs break. And finally, your maturity level shows even more when you say that I am somehow less mature for having a Nintendo character in my name. I fail to see your point.

I reply to defend my actions, and If you don't see the point then I am validated.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?

Are you just trying to make yourself look smart!?

I'm trying to make a case for myself, but making you look stupid and pissed off is a bonus(double post oops)

Let's disect the sentence I was referring to.

"I reply to defend my actions"

Simple enough, you were replying to me so you could defend your point of view.

"and if you don't see my point I am validated"

O.K... now how in the world, if I did NOT see your point, are you POSSIBLY validated?

Like, me not seeing your point would somehow make your point more proof?

Your point was I had the maturity level of a 10 year old because I have a nintendo character in your name.

Even if this somehow made a shred of sense, it wouldn't be you that was validated, it would be your point.

Damn.

You validated my point that you are in fact the immature one because you have to come in and try to prevent someone from a)taking a stand and b)getting something for free, so I guess damn back, wait I forgot, I don't talk like a dumb ass.

So by your logic we should just sit idly by while somebody is robbing our house right?

It's not your house, haven't you ever heard the phrase steal from the rich and give to the needy?

I just wanted to get in on this never ending quotation thread!!! And while I'm at it pay the freakin $20 bucks for a replacement disc for the one you broke.

first off get out of here, second of all, if you read the thread my point is that I already spent $20 on the maps!

Yeah I get that you already spent the $20 on the maps but YOU BROKE the disc so pay $20 for the new one. And I'm not getting out of here this is my intertubes also.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#108 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
How did the disk break?
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts

no big deal.. its halo3.

I dont play halo3 anymore but sporadically i get bored of cod4 (like yesterday) and i try to go back to halo3... and i immediately realize why i do not play halo anymore. It has by far the worst gaming community of all times, the game in single player is mediocre at best and the multiplayer... well ... cod4 is just so much better.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#110 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

no big deal.. its halo3.

I dont play halo3 anymore but sporadically i get bored of cod4 (like yesterday) and i try to go back to halo3... and i immediately realize why i do not play halo anymore. It has by far the worst gaming community of all times, the game in single player is mediocre at best and the multiplayer... well ... cod4 is just so much better.

Pit_italy

Yeah, because Call of Duty 4's community is the beacon of all that is good and right in the world of online gaming. :roll:

ZeRoIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ZeRoIV
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

Ok umm yea 20 my not be alot some peolpe but the way the Economy is at the moment people who pay rent or Bills

but still i dont think u want to do this to Bungie

I understand where you are coming from with being pissed at the disc breaking, but why boycott Bungie? Isn't it Microsoft that deals with all the replacement stuff?

At any rate that sucks. Lol, thats why I spend the $3 extra to get the disc replacement warranty.

P.S. $20 isn't really all that much to spend. Annoying? Sure. But if you play it enough you won't care a couple days later.

TheSoulforged13
Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

Alright, first of all let me say that I like Bungie, I like Halo 3, I bought both of the map packs, and that is why I am pissed. My Halo 3 disk broke and after a 30 minute phone conversation with some lady who I swear was a stereotypical Indian outsourced costumer support agent, they said that I have to pay $20 for a new disk! Alright sure, that is their policy, but comeon, I already spent $20 on it for the maps. I'm hopping that maybe if Bungie sees this, or someone tells them, maybe I can get it for free! So please, don't just post annoying things, I'm serious about this.

LEt me tell everyone this, because you seem to overlook my points, The disk broke after 2 weeks of not playing it, my argument is that I already spent $20 on the game and why should I have to again? Finally, i don't really mean boycott bungie, but it sounds clever, get it, alliteration? Also, stop taking it so serious you rabbid fanboys. :)

FarmerJohn55

It's your fault that you broke it (in Bungie's point of view. I mean, who would believe that it suddenly broke?:P)

If you really wanted it you'd pay for it.

End of Story

Progn0sticator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Progn0sticator
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts

So let me get this straight.

• You're angry at Bungie for not being careful enough with your disc.

• You're taking out your anger at Bungie for a standard Microsoft policy.

• You don't want to pay a third of the price for a new disc, even though you should have to.

Makes perfect sense to me...

Avatar image for Unchainedterror
Unchainedterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#115 Unchainedterror
Member since 2006 • 338 Posts
Id imagine ps3 disks can break too.
Avatar image for deactivated-64efdf49333c4
deactivated-64efdf49333c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#116 deactivated-64efdf49333c4
Member since 2004 • 21783 Posts

This actually happened to me. My disc broke, but I got mine replaced. Here's what I did differentally:

-First, I read the warranty. According to the text at the back of the manual, Bungie and Microsoft are not responsible for fullfilling their warranty. The store you bought the product from is responsible for the replacement (this is Canada btw, it may be different in the U.S); however, you do get a 90 day warranty, and they have to replace it if the game fails.

-Second, I created a good argument. I was within my warranty and as far as I know, the game broke simply when I placed the disk on its nub (the plastic holder). My particular game box had a irregularly sized nub, almost a solid half-inch high, and it made my disk bend at an extreme angle when I took it out. I stopped placing the disk on the nub, but sometimes it managed to slip back on. Also keep in mind how hot the 360 gets. I assume the weakened state of the hot disk allowed it to snap.

-Finally, I didn't return the disk. I sent my mother instead. Why? Because people have a harder time giving sympathy to large, muscular men than they do to little old ladies. It turned out to be agood move. Even though the warranty clearly states I was within my rights to demand a replacement from the store, and I was able to explain how it was the fault of the box the game was packaged in, the employees snidely explained any breakage of game disks is automatically blamed on the purchaser and was merely misused. But that didn't matter. The sales associate felt sorry for my mother and her "poor little boy" and replaced the game.

So, instead of trying to start some silly little movement on the internet, maybe you should think about it a bit more and handle it in a more mature, thought-out way...or just buy a used copy for $10.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
[QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"][QUOTE="FarmerJohn55"][QUOTE="Mariofreak1216"]

You broke the disc.

They're giving you a great deal by paying one third the price of a game for a new copy.

This is really why I feel the majority of the 360 community has a maturity level of a 10 year old.

FarmerJohn55

First off, I really couldn't care less about what you say, second of all, I keep my disks in thier cases or in my xbox, the disks are cheap, along with most of the 360's hardware, third, as I said before, I know that it's only $20, but it's the priciple of the thing, and Finally, your saying I have the maturity of a 10 years old and your name is mariofreak, so I don't know how you can talk, not to mention that I asked nicely not to be a dick about this.

I'm sorry, but I have to respond.

Clearly you did care about what I had to say because you took time out to write this well thought out hate toward me. Also, I don't see how the principle of the thing allows you to get past what everyone else usually does when their discs break. And finally, your maturity level shows even more when you say that I am somehow less mature for having a Nintendo character in my name. I fail to see your point.

I reply to defend my actions, and If you don't see the point then I am validated.

Sir could you pleaase close your alternate tab that has dictionary.com open. You can sling around all the nice words now but your original post was nothing like this. point is your mad becuase you broke a game and think you deserve a new one for free? sorry but that makes you appear young becuase nothing in life works that way. if that was the case i would burn down my apartment every year
MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#118 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

Mad Costumer? Is that some new super villain or something? What does the costumer's costume look like?decepticondevil

what he said

brokenfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 brokenfetus
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts
Ok, it's your halo 3 disk, you broke it. Take responsibility for your own actions and quit whining. You come on here asking people to do you a favor and then you insult them and call them names. So here's my response to you being a little sally. GO **** YOURSELF!!
Ventric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Ventric
Member since 2008 • 235 Posts
It's 20 freaking dollars.
jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts

You broke the disc.

Mariofreak1216

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I don't see the problem here. I would be stoked if they did that for me. Better than going to a retail store and paying full price.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
to the lad who made this topic, get a grip and stop acting like a mug they offered to replace the disc for next to nowt when the disc isnt they responsibility its the shop you bought it froms responsibiltity, they cover the warranty for disc faults for 90 days with recipet then after theys no warranty. if you broke it yourself then its your own fault, grow up and sort it out or shut up. buying map packs has nothing to do with anything either so why bring it up, you think that would reallly get your disc replaced for free? dont be a mug if it wasnt your fault goto the shop with recipet and put a case together to show it wasnt your fault and give them some reasons why it might of happened. but if you goto the shop and act like your acting at the moment then they just going to think your a mug and think you broke it yourself and refuse to return it. part of returning discs in this manor even if it was the disc or packagings fault the disc wont work that they have to have a certain level of trust and not think you did it yourself, if they think you broke it no chance, so act like this in the shop they just will think u did it and they wont replace it. act like a grown up and proove ur case and it will get changed if you kept ur recipet. you just sound like a mug with all this boycott stuff, you got the game bought the map packs so your obviousily a big halo fan, so over u breaking the disc (i doubt the way your going on that it broke without u doing something wrong to break it or someone else in your house used it and broke it and put it back) your going to boycott halo all together, get a grip you love the game otherwise you wudnt be so mad over it breaking. i think in the end you'll realise you or someone who uses ur xbox has broke this disc, its not getting replaced for free and you will end up paying the cash. if you act like this when ever you bring the topic up to the right channels then you will not get any help and will have to pay, if you acted properly then u might of got it replaced
deltaboarder18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deltaboarder18
Member since 2004 • 2527 Posts
Hey, 20 dollars was a lot of money...when i was five.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
why should you get a free game? Unless you have warranty on it. That's like saying if your 10 year old car got in a accedient are you ganna go up to the car dealer that you bought it 10 years ago and demand them to give you a free brand new car?