BF: BC demo impressions

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts

Well - the demo launched on the marketplace this morning - although I was one of those who got it early when I preordered.

My opinion is it's ok - but not a blockbuster hit. The single player demo was good - the mulit player kinda sucks in the sense that it's too easy to get spawned killed ragardless where you choose to spawn, plus (and maybe it gets better as you rank up), I was chasing 2 enemies and emptied a clip into each before they died - it was like playing a modern military version of Halo.

What are your thoughts ?

Oh yeah - it really sucks that you can't go prone in the game either !!!!

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
i played the beta, and i felt that it took to long to kill people as well
Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts

thats one thing that i feard about BF:BC, in the other games it took WAY 2 long to kill someone and it was VERY annoying,
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
I was in the demo early and had alot of fun with it, but dont think im going to get it. Nobody talked at all and no teamwork was involved in any match i've been in. Whats the point of getting it if no one is going to play it the way it should be played. Everyones going to play it like its Halo or COD4.(nothing wrong with those games)Im going to cancel my pre order and throw the money into my MGS4 pre order.
arachosia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 arachosia
Member since 2003 • 1647 Posts
I'm not too impressed by it. The explosions are way too quiet. And the graphics are kind of glitchy. I dunno...it's got nothing on COD4. Maybe worth renting. Too bad, I was thinking maybe this would turn out to be a game worth buying but it's not at all.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

Well - the demo launched on the marketplace this morning - although I was one of those who got it early when I preordered.

My opinion is it's ok - but not a blockbuster hit. The single player demo was good - the mulit player kinda sucks in the sense that it's too easy to get spawned killed ragardless where you choose to spawn, plus (and maybe it gets better as you rank up), I was chasing 2 enemies and emptied a clip into each before they died - it was like playing a modern military version of Halo.

What are your thoughts ?

barilli71

Anyone know why they took out the prone option? Will it be included in the retail version or did they take it out because of bunnyhopping?

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
[QUOTE="barilli71"]

What are your thoughts ?

Pittfan666

Anyone know why they took out the prone option? Will it be included in the retail version or did they take it out because of bunnyhopping?

prone makes it impossible to see snipers and I agree I didnt use prone much unless I was sniping and I thought the demo was ok but only game coming out this summer so I will probably get it. Even though everyone is comparing it to call of duty 4 which I thought was too easy in multiplayer. And all those complaining about too hard to kill someone obviously cant see the option to play the hardcore mode where it is easier to kill people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-586291ff5899b
[QUOTE="Pittfan666"][QUOTE="barilli71"]

What are your thoughts ?

PacBoy23

prone makes it impossible to see snipers and I agree I didnt use prone much unless I was sniping and I thought the demo was ok but only game coming out this summer so I will probably get it. Even though everyone is comparing it to call of duty 4 which I thought was too easy in multiplayer. And all those complaining about too hard to kill someone obviously cant see the option to play the hardcore mode where it is easier to kill people.

I totally agree with you on this - only thing though is that sometimes I can get into a good hiding spot and have better coverage if I can get prone - usually try to pick off a few kills then run for another spot before the guys I popped come back.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

I have been playing the demo for over a week now and I am very impressed. For me personally, I have played CoD 4 so much that Im at the point of going back to Halo 3 just for something new to play. After a weeks worth of play with the BfBc demo, here are my Pros and Cons...

Pros...

Vehicle are a blast to drive and are very much apart of the strategy used in the game

Large maps are a welcome change from the smaller type maps found in CoD 4

Graphics are very good Imo!! Guns, vehicles and terrain look as good as CoD 4

Blowing evrything up is a nice touch. How many time in CoD 4 have you wished you could take out a wall and smoke the sniper who has whacked you 4 times in a row???

Sound...I actually think this game sounds more realistic than CoD 4.

Cons...

Where are the gun attachments? No ACOG or Red Dot for my M16??

No prone stance?? HUH??

4 rockets cant take a tank down???

Grenande launcher is useless on troops. I cant tell you how many times are shot a grenade at some dudes feet and it didnt do a thing to him!!!

What gives with the Haloesque having to empty a clip and a half to kill someone GENERALLY!!! I mean I get it in Halo with the whole energy shild thing, but this is supposed to be real world?

Too easy to spawn kill

Remaining questions for me???

1. What game types are there? There better be regualr Team DM, CTF or something. I like the Attack and Defend game the demo has, but there has to be more!

2. What happens at level cap? Can you start over like in CoD 4 or are you just Lvl 25 and done?

For me right now, I'd say overall I personally will have alot of fun with BfBc if for nothing else because it is something fresh and will give me a break from CoD 4. Now will it have the longevity of CoD 4? That remains to be seen!!

Shas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shas02
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts
That's what i said about the Beta, they need to fix the damage system and its looks like they didn't. That's one reason i prefer BF2 and not BF2142, empty most of your ammo or get a headshot. I thought there would be shock paddles and ammo resupply but didn't see any. I hope they use the customization of weapons like BF2142 or CoD4.
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

i don't know why i don't really like it.. i mean the graphics are pretty good, and it should be fun..

but it just doesn't 'feel' right to me.. i had the same experience in the beta.. i just can't put my finger on why though.

ak1knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ak1knight
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts
I think the demo is pretty good, but I like the BF2 style gameplay. What I'm guessing will happen is everyone will tout this as COD4 and when people play it and it's not like COD4 at all, people will say it sucks.
A4Audiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 A4Audiguy
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
I heard going prone was going to be DLC :)
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

I pre-ordered so I've been playing it for awhile now and I love it. The sound is amazing, the shooting, while being very different from COD4, is very fun in my opinion. The game isn't really as easy as COD4, which is pretty cool, and sometimes I wish I could go prone, but because it is already near impossible to spot snipers, it's fine that prone was taken out. Also, I'm kind of glad grenade launchers don't do much to enemies or else you'd have 8 automatic kills right from the start. I think it does some damage, so shoot the grenade and switch to your gun to finish him off. I love it. Definitely buying.

Edit: One more thing, this game feels so much more intense due to the big battle feel and the whole destructable environments. It's so badass walking along a dirt path with craters in it from mortar blasts and blown up smoking tanks with half destroyed buildings around you. So cool.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Beta = terrible... 2/10

Demo = extremely bad.... 2.5/10

As ive said a few times.. ill no tbe getting this one

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

I heard going prone was going to be DLC :)A4Audiguy

lolz

Anyway for some reason I found it really hard to see where the enemy was in SP, the radar didnt seem to be accurate or they blended into the background or something?

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#17 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
im downloading it right now
80bb1t1042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 80bb1t1042
Member since 2007 • 675 Posts

im downloading it right nowRealKilla_789

same here

comelstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 comelstr
Member since 2005 • 677 Posts

Their better be more than one game mode. Other rhan Attack and Defend. If their is only one game mode i will not be buying it on Day 1. Conquest Better be in the final game.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#20 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

ill be DLing the demo tonight

As long as there is Deathmatch/Team and Conquest ill get the game....otherwise i wont

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Guns feel terrible, no co-ordination between any squads so certain classes are unnecessary, laggy, unresponsive and sluggish movement. Looks pretty good, little too vibrant/sharp at times but still a looker; unfortunately the framerate doesn't seem all that constant.

None of the Assault Rifles have a scope. :/ Lulz.

Didn't get to play a conquest game, don't know if it's even in the demo. Gold rush isn't that entertaining, conquest is where it's at. I can't help but compare the game to BF2 which is my favourite Battlefield game out of the entire series.

And in comparison. It's pathetic.

By itself, it can be pretty fun for a while despite all the problems. Cannot see myself buying it.

pwner372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 pwner372
Member since 2007 • 463 Posts
The demo is very laggy, it takes to long to kill people, you can't go prone, and when i hit quick match i can't get put in a game and I have to go to the custom games to find a game. It's a good game otherwise. But if they don't fix the lag and connecting issues and if this demo is the way multiplayer is gonna be, then I don't much want the game
ilantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ilantis
Member since 2006 • 185 Posts

This game sucks. The buildings brake only in preloaded zones and the online game lags a lot. The sniper rifle doesn't kill in one shot and it has only one zoom so it sucks too. It's harder to drive a helicopter in bad company than play trough fire and flames on expert in Guitar Hero 3. Also the other vehicles are hard to drive because you don't move them whit the sticks like in the previous battlefield but you must use LT to accelerate and LB to stop.
I don't like it. Modern Combat was much better.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

This is what I was afraid that would happen. They try to sell the destructible environment gimmick and the very cliche "gold bricks" which was really cheesy and lame. The characters do not seem realistic but more like overgrown boys. I was hoping something more along the lines of R6V and COD4 when it came to character personalities. But then again, it's a nice change of pace and it isnt as terrible as Haze's "frat boys." They dont over do it. Sound effects were definitely lacking. It just didnt feel or sound intense enough. Sure, there were pretty explosions and what seemed to be like intense moments, but overall, something was lacking. Enemies were pretty tough to take down. It took a lot more ammo to take them down than in any other FPS game. I had a hard time preserving my ammo and finding ammo felt like I was in a survival-horror game. Not cool for a shooter! Back to destructible environments. Bad Company showed off this feature the most and it really disappointed. You can blow up walls but not the foundation of the structure = lame. But surprisingly, you can blow a huge gas tank thing or water tower, whatever it is.. BUT when you blow it up, a few wooden pieces fall to the ground. It's like a 50 foot tank that's made out of metal but a few wooden boards can be found in the debris? Lack of detail I tell ya. Just plain lazy. The graphics were pretty good. Not the best, but better than average. There were noticeable jaggies across the board, especially with character and gun models, trees. Everything else seemed dandy. I wasnt blown away, heck, not even close but it's a solid FPS. Will it warrant a purchase? Maybe, maybe not. More than likely, I will wait for a price drop or shop eBay for a low price tag.

Edit: The controls were okayish. I wish FPS would do away with the "push down left stick, Sprint button." It's annoying as hell. That's what I hated about COD4. Just make sprint the left shoulder button like R6V2. That's the best button for it. Instead of making the healing needle/syringe the left shoulder button, utilize the D-pad instead. I was a bit confused on why my rocket launcher can be pulled out using the left shoulder button and my sub-machine guns from my right shoulder button when all you need to do is use one button like "Y" to swap weapons. It's that simple. Why make it complicated? They want to be "different" by making controls more complicated? Blah! That's stupid. Plain and simple. Grenade throws are weak! Holding on and pulling back on the grenade throws didnt help with the throwing distance. LAME. Soldiers can throw farther than that in real life....pathetic. Hell, my little brother can throw farther than that. Controls need a lot of work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-586291ff5899b

Their better be more than one game mode. Other rhan Attack and Defend. If their is only one game mode i will not be buying it on Day 1. Conquest Better be in the final game.

comelstr

Was looking on EA's web site for the game - only mentions the "Gold Rush" mode for multi player - but says it's for up to 24 players.

I hope there's more modes than the 1 as well.

Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
I thought the beta wasn't very good but I don't like to keep a bias opinion so I'm downloading this demo. Doesn't sound like they fixed most of the problems though..
Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
my biggest problem is just that its a battlefield game and they've always taken too long to kill someone and i can never get more than two kills in one life
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
So everyone who downloads this demo can play MP? I thought this was the beta thing. :P
I gotta DL this tomorrow since that's the case.
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

i played the beta, and i felt that it took to long to kill people as wellhockeyruler12

Same here. I thought they would have fixed it so it wouldn't take so much ammo. Guess they didn't. :/

Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
Wow, I just got done playing the demo and despite going into it with a positive attitude every complaint I had about the beta still stands.. it feels as if they fixed nothing and just added a few new hud components or something..
KodaksPoptarTs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 KodaksPoptarTs
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

I thought it was fun.. but im not sure if im going to buy it.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Im enjoying the hell out of it. Ill be buying the game for sure.
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

I thought it was a really fun arcade shooter. Really enjoyed it. Except for one thing.. the lag was absolutely ridiculous. I have never had any lag problems in any online game.. so it really made me mad.

Other than that, lots of fun!

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

I thought it was a really fun arcade shooter. Really enjoyed it. Except for one thing.. the lag was absolutely ridiculous. I have never had any lag problems in any online game.. so it really made me mad.

Other than that, lots of fun!

kerrman

It's definitely the sheer amount of players on the servers - because even the Beta didn't have lag like this. Don't worry, it should be fixed soon enough.

Now, I've played the Beta, and now I've played the demo. A few of my issues have been taken care of or tweaked, which is nice. It's a shame they only give you one MP level, but that's alright I guess. Looking forward to renting (maybe even purchasing) it in the future.

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

people complaining it is too hard to kill someone I hope you realize there is a hardcore mode. and those complaining about lag I havent seen any of it yet but I hear some people from U.k. are getting lag.

1upMushroomX6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 1upMushroomX6
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
well i thought it was great for a demo. it had some intermediate lag every now and then and sometimes i even got disconnected from the entire game. but other than that it was awsome. with alot to choose from just in the demo but you can only unlock 3 items cause you can only rank up to 4 =[. it is way to easy to get spawned killed and sometimes its just by luck that one guy killed you but you stab him with your knife 6 times. it happens alright but it happens way to much and they should release an update for the real game on the date of release. it does take a while to kil someone but you have to place your shots well. (1 to the head) (2 to the chest) seems to work the best. i guess the developers are really pushing people to use their sights. also i don't see too many people actually using "tactical" destruction. in other words they dont like to blow stuff up they like to walk around and if they do blow up something it was probably because they were in a tank or they accidentally did. but to finish my statement they should limit the artilery's rounds because too many people just sit on that all game just launch rounds all the way across the maps. it seems unbalanced
joshllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 joshllama
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts

As crazy as it might sound i didn't like the multiplayer because it seamed to fast pasted. I mean every time i spawned some one saw me and killed me. It wasn't horrible but it wasnt great. I'm guessing it'll get around a 7?

Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts
I enjoy it. I could get addicted if I had more maps and modes.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I thought it was fun both online and single player but I don't know if would spend $60 on it
EclipseStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EclipseStorm
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts

Beta = terrible... 2/10

Demo = extremely bad.... 2.5/10

As ive said a few times.. ill no tbe getting this one

kozzy1234
really? I mean I know it's not the greatest game ever, but it's definitely NOT worthy of only a 2/2.5 out of 10. that type of score is reserved for those games like hour of victory and jumper.
Avatar image for ThePostalWorker
ThePostalWorker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ThePostalWorker
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
I kinda liked it. The presentation was awesome, I love the menus and everything, but as everyone knows, that doesnt mean anything. For gameplay, I thought it was average. It was fun, but it had its annoying issues. Didnt try multiplayer.
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
singleplayer was a bit better then i thought multiplayer was just bad in my opinion, uneven laggy repetitive. but the singleplayer was a suprise im sticking with battlefield heroes it still looks a lot cooler then bad company.
I3loo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 I3loo
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts

i liked the demo.

yea it does take WAY to long to kill someone.

it is just a beta and i think in the real game it will allow you to go prone.

atleast i hope...

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

i liked the demo.

yea it does take WAY to long to kill someone.

it is just a beta and i think in the real game it will allow you to go prone.

atleast i hope...

I3loo

They took out prone. Even in the retail game. I like how long it takes to kill someone personally. It takes more accuracy etc. to take someone down. At least I like it. Play this game and then play COD4, you'll be godly in COD4.

snuffalupalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 snuffalupalus
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Multiplayer is laggy and like everyone has said, it takes WAY to many bullets to kill someone. Other than that and a couple more of little issues it was pretty fun. If the lag gets fixed then it'll be just fine.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
People complaining about how many bullets its takes to kill someone must not understand the concept of aiming for the head. I can take down 5-7 guys with 1 clip from the m16. The only thing i hate is ever since they opened the demo up to everyone, the game is nothing but a lagfest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-586291ff5899b

Ok - classic example why not being abole to go prone sucks - was on a roof top shooting at a enemy, emptied a clip that was already close to being empty, but I wanted to go prone to reload as ther was a ledge I would have been behind, but I could only crouch - sure enough I got taken out with a head shot. If I could have gone prone, I wouldn't have been exposed and easily picked off..

mark_c_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mark_c_128
Member since 2006 • 1520 Posts
If the lag is sorted out then i am deffinatly buying it. I'm having a blast (no pun intended) playing it however a little lag is currently spoiling it for me.
Funny_bunch71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 Funny_bunch71
Member since 2005 • 1563 Posts

I have been playing the demo for over a week now and I am very impressed. For me personally, I have played CoD 4 so much that Im at the point of going back to Halo 3 just for something new to play. After a weeks worth of play with the BfBc demo, here are my Pros and Cons...

Pros...

Vehicle are a blast to drive and are very much apart of the strategy used in the game

Large maps are a welcome change from the smaller type maps found in CoD 4

Graphics are very good Imo!! Guns, vehicles and terrain look as good as CoD 4

Blowing evrything up is a nice touch. How many time in CoD 4 have you wished you could take out a wall and smoke the sniper who has whacked you 4 times in a row???

Sound...I actually think this game sounds more realistic than CoD 4.

Cons...

Where are the gun attachments? No ACOG or Red Dot for my M16??

No prone stance?? HUH??

4 rockets cant take a tank down???

Grenande launcher is useless on troops. I cant tell you how many times are shot a grenade at some dudes feet and it didnt do a thing to him!!!

What gives with the Haloesque having to empty a clip and a half to kill someone GENERALLY!!! I mean I get it in Halo with the whole energy shild thing, but this is supposed to be real world?

Too easy to spawn kill

Remaining questions for me???

1. What game types are there? There better be regualr Team DM, CTF or something. I like the Attack and Defend game the demo has, but there has to be more!

2. What happens at level cap? Can you start over like in CoD 4 or are you just Lvl 25 and done?

For me right now, I'd say overall I personally will have alot of fun with BfBc if for nothing else because it is something fresh and will give me a break from CoD 4. Now will it have the longevity of CoD 4? That remains to be seen!!

kungfuchaos

Aim for the head and it takes afew bullets, I like the way they did this is gives you a chance to survive if your good. This is a game with a steep learning curve in terms of mastering and more games need this instead of turning noobies into gods.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
To me, this is even worse than Turning Point and Hour of Victory.