BF: BC demo impressions

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MatrixSpidey92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MatrixSpidey92
Member since 2004 • 165 Posts
The only things I think need to be improved are the explosions and aiming, i feel like im blowing up a bunch of pillows, I launched a grenade RIGHT next to a gate, it didnt break and fall, and the nade went off 1 inch from it.
6constantine9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 6constantine9
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts

Well - the demo launched on the marketplace this morning - although I was one of those who got it early when I preordered.

My opinion is it's ok - but not a blockbuster hit. The single player demo was good - the mulit player kinda sucks in the sense that it's too easy to get spawned killed ragardless where you choose to spawn, plus (and maybe it gets better as you rank up), I was chasing 2 enemies and emptied a clip into each before they died - it was like playing a modern military version of Halo.

What are your thoughts ?

Oh yeah - it really sucks that you can't go prone in the game either !!!!

barilli71

Yeah, prone would have been great. But it would be impossible to kill snipers then...

The biggest problem for me is the damn control scheme.

SnoopRatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SnoopRatt
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

K I thought the sound was good, graphics were good for the levels being so big (why did halo 3 have to downgrade theirs?) wtf is up with the scopes? red dot above enimies is not bad but once an enimey is behind a wall or sometyhing it should dissapear right away. Controls blow, helicopter is a joke noonne in any of the games ive played really used it. I didnt think it was that hard to kill people, you just have to play this more like rainbow six than halo, i only played 4 games and im already bored enviroments blow up the same after a while, its really cool when your in a big battle the explosio - sound- visuals = intense, the gun fire in this game is fun to shoot :) Single player was horrible... when you die it reloads to thier checkpoints, i didnt drive a hummer, but when i died it spawed me in one..... i really thought single player was bad like unplayable, (im more a single player guy, so im more strict) idk its good but theres something missing cant figure it out... i wish this game would run like bfmc2 on pc, i think that version of battlefield had the most realisitc feel, however the xbox360 version was fun....... im gonna rent with gamefly but im not sure how long i will be amused...

DID anyone play Civ revolution demo?? BALLIN lol

Emcee645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Emcee645
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Just downloaded the demo last night (this morning). I tried out the multiplayer and i thought it was great. Then I just tried it out again right now (almost noon) and it lagged like hell!

For a big environment and all that's going on in the screen, I think the graphics are fine. The gameplay to me seems like a refreshment after playing a lot of COD4 and Halo3. Kind of a mix of the two really.

The destructable environments are okay. I expected more things to be able to be blown up besides walls and key points in a building, but it adds new gameplay elements. There was a couple times where I was a Demolitions guy heading over to one of those gold crates, rocket launched the wall, switched to shotgun, jump in and took out a couple guys hiding in there and plant the explosives. Or when I see the enemy dot right behind a wall, I would grenade launch through it and cap the guy passing me by. Good stuff.

If they can fix the lag issues, and if people talk, im sure online will be fine (at least for me anyways). Im about to try the single player now, but it's not my main focus of this game anyway.:D This game is at least a rental for me, just to see how online plays out.

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

Ok - classic example why not being abole to go prone sucks - was on a roof top shooting at a enemy, emptied a clip that was already close to being empty, but I wanted to go prone to reload as ther was a ledge I would have been behind, but I could only crouch - sure enough I got taken out with a head shot. If I could have gone prone, I wouldn't have been exposed and easily picked off..

barilli71

they took out prone because it made alot of camping but they did try it with prone it just didnt work. To the lag it started after it went public but 3 out of 5 games I join are good connection. Only get lag for U.K. games

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

To me, this is even worse than Turning Point and Hour of Victory.great_rulo

please take that back or wait til the reviews up and you feel biased

Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts

[QUOTE="great_rulo"]To me, this is even worse than Turning Point and Hour of Victory.PacBoy23

please take that back or wait til the reviews up and you feel biased

No doubt - Turning Point sucked horribly

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I'll come back to ya once it's downloaded in about 2 hours. Christ, it's taking forever.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Sniping in multiplayer is so much fun.