Are we(current 360 owners) being ripped off?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PearlDrummer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PearlDrummer5
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts
I like the fact the MS released the Elite but do you guys thinkĀ  the current 360 owners are being ripped off, with the whole elite thing. i mean there are a bunch of 360 owners that arer going to want to upgrade like me but will hav to buy a whole nother system. I feel like we are getting ripped off with no deal or anything. What do youguys think?
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts
Thing is, I've seen a lot of people who feel the same way...
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IMuGGeDSaTaN
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
I think we have but we can live with it. Because if you think about it I dont really need 120 gigs or HDMI but we are being ripped off. No matter what anybody says were being ripped off. Any1 who bought a 360 before has to pay $180 for there 120gb HDD. While the people who buy a new 360 only pay $79 for HDMI and the HDD. So we do get screwed out of it but its up to you to decide weather or not your going to complaing.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
this stupid argument/thought is getting so old... are you one of the very few people that has a tv that accepts 1080p, but not through component, and does not have a vga input??Ā  if you are, then yeah, this sucks... but there are soooooooooo few tvs out there that this applies to.Ā  if you want the bigger hard drive, buy it seperate.Ā  wait for it to come down in price if it's too much right now.Ā  no one is getting ripped off.Ā  should computer companies send you a new computer whenever they come out with a new one?Ā  no.Ā  people don't realize how good of a deal a console is... 400 dollars, and it's good for 4, 5 years??Ā  so what if they come out with one with a shiny new option.Ā  big deal, unless you're one of the vast minority that actually could use this upgrade.Ā  do your research, find out if it really matters to you at all, then make another post whining about how hard it is to own a next gen console...
HeadHunter123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HeadHunter123
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
just for the record i do not own a 360, though i play on my friends' many times, unless gamestop/ebgames does some kind of trade in to where you just have to pay like 50 bucks if you're trading in a premium, then i'd say yes you are being screwed over. MS says that the cooling system in the elite has been redone, so no more heating porblems, the 3 lights of death is gone, also of course the sweet deal of getting a 120GB HDD for only $80+tax more than a premium while a premium 360 owner has to pay over 100bucks.....i knew it'd be smart to wait. I'm close to getting one :D. They come out April 29th btw.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IMuGGeDSaTaN
No one is forcing you to buy it. It is just like you buying a computer and they come out with a new one, is the computer company ripping you off? No... Plus you need to post this in the stckied thread at the top of the 1st page.dwells4life
There not forcing us but if we want it we invest alot more money in the 360 then the other people do. So we dont have to buy it but if we want to we lose a big amount of money.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
As a premium 360 owner, I have no interest in the Elite.. So if those were things you wanted, then go trade it in if you really want to, yours choice, you dont have to get it.Ā Its a bit iffy on yes or no.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IMuGGeDSaTaN
just for the record i do not own a 360, though i play on my friends' many times, unless gamestop/ebgames does some kind of trade in to where you just have to pay like 50 bucks if you're trading in a premium, then i'd say yes you are being screwed over. MS says that the cooling system in the elite has been redone, so no more heating porblems, the 3 lights of death is gone, also of course the sweet deal of getting a 120GB HDD for only $80+tax more than a premium while a premium 360 owner has to pay over 100bucks.....i knew it'd be smart to wait. I'm close to getting one :D. They come out April 29th btw. HeadHunter123
Exactly so EB/GS better do some kind of deal or i'll be very upset.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
I like the fact the MS released the Elite but do you guys think the current 360 owners are being ripped off, with the whole elite thing. i mean there are a bunch of 360 owners that arer going to want to upgrade like me but will hav to buy a whole nother system. I feel like we are getting ripped off with no deal or anything. What do youguys think?PearlDrummer5
not at all
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IMuGGeDSaTaN
You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.Ghost_Warrior
Yes but there alot more exspensive than what the new person has to pay.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
nah, only for the memory it is a rip. 360 doesn't need 7 more pixels in each frame, looks good enough already.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IMuGGeDSaTaN
[QUOTE="PearlDrummer5"]I like the fact the MS released the Elite but do you guys think the current 360 owners are being ripped off, with the whole elite thing. i mean there are a bunch of 360 owners that arer going to want to upgrade like me but will hav to buy a whole nother system. I feel like we are getting ripped off with no deal or anything. What do youguys think?XxAK47xX
not at all

Please support your statement. A simple yes or no doesent comfort at all.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghost_Warrior
[QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"]You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.IMuGGeDSaTaN

I figured they would be but if the new additions are still available for us were really not getting ripped off.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.Ghost_Warrior
they are actually releasing the harddrive seperately before the elite even comes out from the sounds of it... and there are rumors that they're working on coming out with an hdmi adapter. (source: http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/29/microsoft-prepping-component-to-hdmi-adapter/)
Z_scorpio_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Z_scorpio_Z
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
Ya they are coming out with a hd, and its 180 bucks. think about it even if u get the core 360, 300+180+ hdmi cable, and an adapter for the hdmi post= a lot more then $480, which is the price of the new one.
iamcool2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 iamcool2121
Member since 2005 • 611 Posts
no we are not getting screwed over... the elite is just painted black with an hdmi port that alot of people like me dont really care about 1080i is good for me... The Hardware like graphics ect are the same and the disc drive.... is quiet people its not even loud ! it wont over heat if you take care of it correctly. as for the accessories and HDD you can buy the black accessories separate just like the HDD but ask yourself do you really need 120GB? me i dont because i have plenty of spacee on my 20GB because i only use my 360 to play games its a gaming console...... if i want to watch tv or movies i have cable and a dvd player for that when i watch trailers, clips, or play demos when im done with them i delete them..... so the premium that i got is good with me i dont need the upgrade to elite
BL797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BL797
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
IDKĀ but they will be selling the hard driveĀ seperatly anyway, but it also is upgraded so beats me!
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghost_Warrior
[QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"]You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.shotputking
they are actually releasing the harddrive seperately before the elite even comes out from the sounds of it... and there are rumors that they're working on coming out with an hdmi adapter. (source: http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/29/microsoft-prepping-component-to-hdmi-adapter/)

I have no need for the new harddrive but I'd consider getting the HDMI adapter.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
They really are not forcing you to buy it. Would you feel even more ripped off if you weren't even given the option to buy it?
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 IMuGGeDSaTaN
[QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"]You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.Ghost_Warrior

I figured they would be but if the new additions are still available for us were really not getting ripped off.

But the Elite owners onlt have to pay an extra $79 for the Harddrive and HDMI we have to pay $180 just for the harddrive thats where its a ripoff.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IMuGGeDSaTaN
They really are not forcing you to buy it. Would you feel even more ripped off if you weren't even given the option to buy it?MTBare
No cause I want it for only $70 more. That is awsome instead of getting the coice to pay $180 more.
dwells4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dwells4life
Member since 2005 • 491 Posts

[QUOTE="dwells4life"]No one is forcing you to buy it. It is just like you buying a computer and they come out with a new one, is the computer company ripping you off? No... Plus you need to post this in the stickied thread at the top of the 1st page.Z_scorpio_Z
U sir are a fing moron. a console is not the same thing like a computer. go back to your cave, troll.

Ok first of all Noobie to set you straight I am not a troll, Look where all of my post are in the forums (Hint hint 360). And also I said nothing related to trolling or bashing the 360.

Ā And now to defend what I said. It is the same concept. It was an example that I gave. Nobody at all is forcing you to buy the system. All microsoft is doing is offering more options to the consumers. Most wont buy the Elite anyways. It is for the hardcore people. I myself will be upgrading. It is not like Microsoft is discontinuing the premium. So how does this effect you? You still have everythingĀ  you had before the announcement. Nobody owes you anything.

Ā 

TMorss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 TMorss
Member since 2003 • 189 Posts

I do feel like I am being ripped off. I purchased my premium xbox360 roughly 1 1/2 months ago. And now i hear that I have a buy a new system for $479.00 soĀ I can utilize HDMI. Which should have been on there from the day it launched. Having a system that boasts HD Gaming and not giving you a true HD Output has never made sense to me. I hear people say that its a choice, but thats dumb. HDMI should have been on there from the get go. I love my 360 and its games butĀ I feel betrayed. I know some people say they dont care because they dont have the setup to support it, but there are many people like meĀ who do haveĀ the money invested in a nice home theater setup. They need to offer an upgrade option.

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghost_Warrior
[QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"][QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"]You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.IMuGGeDSaTaN

But the Elite owners onlt have to pay an extra $79 for the Harddrive and HDMI we have to pay $180 just for the harddrive thats where its a ripoff.

You have a point there. I just feel we would only be getting completely ripped if Mircosoft didn't sell the harddrive and hdmi cords seperately.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IMuGGeDSaTaN
Here is the deal it is AND it isint a ripoff. Let me explain. It is a ripoff because if you want to upgrade it costs a bunch more to do so. Its also not a ripoff because you dont need to buy it if you dont want to(like me myself). Sorry I was arguing that it was a ripoff but I get it now. So it is and isint a ripoff at the same time.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IMuGGeDSaTaN
[QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"][QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"]You'd think Microsoft will come out with the harddrive and HDMI cords and sell them on their own so Premium 360 owners can still get them.Ghost_Warrior

You have a point there. I just feel we would only be getting completely ripped if Mircosoft didn't sell the harddrive and hdmi cords seperately.

LoL yeah big time. We diffinetly would be.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"]They really are not forcing you to buy it. Would you feel even more ripped off if you weren't even given the option to buy it?IMuGGeDSaTaN
No cause I want it for only $70 more. That is awsome instead of getting the coice to pay $180 more.

If you pay $80 then that would mean you just got the 20gb HDD for free..
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IMuGGeDSaTaN
[QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="MTBare"]They really are not forcing you to buy it. Would you feel even more ripped off if you weren't even given the option to buy it?MTBare

No I mean the people who are getting a 360 and never owned one only pay $479 for there Elite and 120gb HDD along with HDMI. Where we which is only $79 more than what we paid. If we want to upgrade we have to pay more than $180 to get our 360's to have a 120gb HDD and HDMI ports.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="MTBare"]They really are not forcing you to buy it. Would you feel even more ripped off if you weren't even given the option to buy it?IMuGGeDSaTaN

No I mean the people who are getting a 360 and never owned one only pay $479 for there Elite and 120gb HDD along with HDMI. Where we which is only $79 more than what we paid. If we want to upgrade we have to pay more than $180 to get our 360's to have a 120gb HDD and HDMI ports.

Yes, but then we have a total of 140 GB. Useless? Pretty much, but you have to look at this from Microsoft's view..
Jeff_Boldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jeff_Boldt
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
What is it that you want? a hug? a cookie? It's business, when sold in a package you get a better price because you're spending more upfront.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IMuGGeDSaTaN
What is it that you want? a hug? a cookie? It's business, when sold in a package you get a better price because you're spending more upfront.Jeff_Boldt
We didnt get that chance for that package until it was to late.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IMuGGeDSaTaN
[QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="MTBare"]They really are not forcing you to buy it. Would you feel even more ripped off if you weren't even given the option to buy it?MTBare

Yes, but then we have a total of 140 GB. Useless? Pretty much, but you have to look at this from Microsoft's view..

Some people can use that space tho. Thats why for some people its a ripoff. Not for me because I dont need it but for others it really sucks. But for those that dont care there fine.
Superbustacap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Superbustacap
Member since 2004 • 10663 Posts
No the elite is basically just a bigger HDD.Ā  And the HDD is 8x bigger for only $80 more.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IMuGGeDSaTaN
No the elite is basically just a bigger HDD.Ā  And the HDD is 8x bigger for only $80 more.Superbustacap
Unless your a Premium owner then its $180 more.
Superbustacap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Superbustacap

[QUOTE="Superbustacap"]No the elite is basically just a bigger HDD. And the HDD is 8x bigger for only $80 more.IMuGGeDSaTaN
Unless your a Premium owner then its $180 more.

No cuz u can sell ur HDD or 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#40 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i look at it this way: we paid 400 dollars, not 470, why should be get all that extra crap if we didn't pay for it? are companies not allowed to release new things?
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

[QUOTE="dwells4life"]No one is forcing you to buy it. It is just like you buying a computer and they come out with a new one, is the computer company ripping you off? No... Plus you need to post this in the stickied thread at the top of the 1st page.Z_scorpio_Z
U sir are a fing moron. a console is not the same thing like a computer. go back to your cave, troll.

pwned

IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IMuGGeDSaTaN
What? If I buy premium 360 like 3 weeks ago then this elite comes out then the person who wants to buy the elite pays $80 more for a 120gbHDD where as I have to buy a seprate one for $180 which is alot more then what there extra is.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 IMuGGeDSaTaN

[QUOTE="Z_scorpio_Z"][QUOTE="dwells4life"]No one is forcing you to buy it. It is just like you buying a computer and they come out with a new one, is the computer company ripping you off? No... Plus you need to post this in the stickied thread at the top of the 1st page.OfficialBed

pwned

lol
Superbustacap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Superbustacap

Ā Who cares if they're not the same thing?Ā  They both cost money and they both get upgrades.Ā  You're the moron.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
They better release a HDMI cable for regular 360s
TheWalrusBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 TheWalrusBeast
Member since 2005 • 1820 Posts
^Ya that would be nice because my TV has HDMI and want to use it.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IMuGGeDSaTaN
They better release a HDMI cable for regular 360sgp19
They are.
Superbustacap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Superbustacap

They better release a HDMI cable for regular 360sgp19

Ā 

Obviously they won't.Ā  Where would you get that ridiculous idea?Ā 

TheWalrusBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 TheWalrusBeast
Member since 2005 • 1820 Posts

[QUOTE="gp19"]They better release a HDMI cable for regular 360sIMuGGeDSaTaN
They are.

Link please! I doubt Microsoft cares that much

IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IMuGGeDSaTaN

[QUOTE="IMuGGeDSaTaN"][QUOTE="gp19"]They better release a HDMI cable for regular 360sTheWalrusBeast

They are.

Link please! I doubt Microsoft cares that much

Cant link but they are. Ask anyone with a brain.