Randyspeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 Randyspeeps
Member since 2007 • 646 Posts
This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have  a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

This reveal is basically Microsoft's version of "Five-hundred and ninety-nine US dollars".

The Xbox One is Microsoft's "giant enemy crab".

Avatar image for StaticKornSlipX
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 StaticKornSlipX
Member since 2003 • 8261 Posts
This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have  a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.Randyspeeps
I never bought a Wii because the system didn't have the games I usually play...so I'm definitely not buying a Wii U. At this point, Nintendos exclusive aren't enough for me to buy their consoles. 
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

[QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.StaticKornSlipX
I never bought a Wii because the system didn't have the games I usually play...so I'm definitely not buying a Wii U. At this point, Nintendos exclusive aren't enough for me to buy their consoles.

The Wii was nothing special. You'd get maybe 3-4 games and rarely play it. (Ex: I bought one on launch. Bought Zelda & Smash Bros. Played it so little it got dusty in the open. Sold it)

The Wii U is a joke. Lack of games, extremely expensive controller that you can't buy in the US, the touchscreen is really not the responsive, it may or may not be more powerful than the current generation of systems. Nintendo right now is not looking good either. =-(

spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 spideynerd3
Member since 2007 • 11049 Posts

[QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have  a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.StaticKornSlipX

^This. While the Wii U looks interesting, and in all honest I have considered getting one, it would probably just collect dust (or be used as my main Netflix streaming device... And if it plays DVD's, then it will be my new DVD Player). Arkham City looks cool on it, but I already have Arkham City for the PS3. The main issue with the Wii U is that Nintendo refuses to move away from the stupid gimmicks, and actually try to compete with the Xbox and Playstation. Yes, the Wii U mainly focuses on what all video game systems should, and that's being a video game system... But companies are starting to say exactly what they said about the Wii, and that's the Wii U is terrible to work with. EA has already talked smack about it, and it is only a matter of time before other companies follow in suit. One person can only take so much Nintento Exclusives, no matter how fun they are (that's what my 3DS is for. :P). 

StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StaticKornSlipX

[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.Flamecommando

The Wii was nothing special. You'd get maybe 3-4 games and rarely play it. (Ex: I bought one on launch. Bought Zelda & Smash Bros. Played it so little it got dusty in the open. Sold it)

The Wii U is a joke. Lack of games, extremely expensive controller that you can't buy in the US, the touchscreen is really not the responsive, it may or may not be more powerful than the current generation of systems. Nintendo right now is not looking good either. =-(

That's similar my Gamecube experience. Had all 3, Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2...the Gamecube got the least amount of playing time by a large margin. 
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TGM_basic
[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.StaticKornSlipX

That's similar my Gamecube experience. Had all 3, Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2...the Gamecube got the least amount of playing time by a large margin. 

See that's the thing, while my Wii went largely ignored, I spent far more time with my Gamecube than I did with the other consoles. Hell, this past gen I still probably still spent more time using my Wii to play Gamecube games than I did actually playing any current gen games. I probably shoulda just kept my damn Gamecube instead of getting rid of it after getting the Wii...

dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 dalejrgamer
Member since 2005 • 6840 Posts

It almost sounds like Microsoft WANTS the world to be against them. If that's the case, then they're doing a great job.

I'll stick with the PC and start saving up for a PS4. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#61 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Gamespot PS4 vs Xbox 1 Twitter Battle

That's what's up. 

StaticKornSlipX

that is funny as hell, Sony stock skyrocketed almost 9% 

JLe1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JLe1223
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
[QUOTE="baltimore088"]

decent conference, they fully showed the console and controller and all the new things the xbox can do and the technology is really impressive, the graphics look great too but it was a console reveal so I didn't expect much games as much as just talking about the console so I'll wait for e3 for more of those

mainly I wana know if they play 360 games and I might actually plan on getting it on release

the new things for the all in one entertainment box thing with tv and music and games and synching it with your cable box and all that is awesome but it's not something I need but is something I'd deff like to have, and the halo tv series by steven spielberg is gona be AMAZING

spideynerd3

IGN has confirmed that the "Xbox One" will NOT play Xbox 360 games. This is going to piss a lot of people off, because the PS4 doesn't play PS3 games either. Honestly, I see people keeping their "older gen" systems for as long as possible, and upgrading when their system finally quits on them.

IGN also confirmed that the "Xbox One" will NOT function without the Kinect attached to it, and that is a massive turn off for me. Originally, I liked the idea for the Kinect, but once it came out, everything that was Kinect exclusive looked "eh", and the games that have Kinect support just doesn't need it.

Basically, the "Xbox One" is Microsoft's attempt to "rule the world", because it is suppose to be "everything in one"... But people aren't buying a video game system that also plays exclusive tv shows, and all that other crazy. People are buying a video game system to play video games. No matter how "cool" the idea for a Halo TV series sounds, it won't be good, regardless of who is producing it. Microsoft has money to spend, and this system just sounds like them trying their hardest to make the PS4 look like a worthless box (if it is even a box... We don't know for sure) that only plays video games (like it should). That isn't me saying I'm a sony fan boy, it's just what I feel is the case here. Some people will disagree, while others will agree, that's just life. I will admit, I did like some of the things they showed off on the "Xbox One", but I doubt I'll get it. If I get any of the new systems, it will be the PS4, because I've stuck with Sony since the PS1 days, and I'm not backing down. Maybe in the future I'll consider getting both systems, but the major downside for me is that Kinect is required.

I agree, now that I just realized that you won't play your Xbox 360 games, I'm less inclined to buy an Xbox one.

Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts
[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.TGM_basic

See that's the thing, while my Wii went largely ignored, I spent far more time with my Gamecube than I did with the other consoles. Hell, this past gen I still probably still spent more time using my Wii to play Gamecube games than I did actually playing any current gen games. I probably shoulda just kept my damn Gamecube instead of getting rid of it after getting the Wii...

The Gamecube's disc reader malfunctions over time. There is nothing you can do to avoid it. At least with a Wii you can play your GC games without having to worry about the system exploding.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TGM_basic
[QUOTE="TGM_basic"][QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.BurningAegis

The Gamecube's disc reader malfunctions over time. There is nothing you can do to avoid it. At least with a Wii you can play your GC games without having to worry about the system exploding.

It does? Huh, I wasn't aware of that.

shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 shoe_crap78
Member since 2008 • 10920 Posts

If Sony messes up terribly (Which probably won't happen) I wonder what will go on :P  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
[QUOTE="BurningAegis"][QUOTE="TGM_basic"][QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

[QUOTE="StaticKornSlipX"][QUOTE="Randyspeeps"]This is why I am a Nintendo Fan. No matter what happens, I know Nintendo is strictly a gaming company, that will give me quality game play. I have a WII U and I love it. Once Nintnedo rolls out it's usually exclusive's people will realize that the Wii U is the way to go.TGM_basic

It does? Huh, I wasn't aware of that.

Yup. When the GC came out I was actually impressed at how it was built. For the time, in 2001, it was a texturing monster about on par with the Xbox (Though overall the original Xbox did things a little better power-wise). But today, I realize it's basically the 360 of the Nintendo consoles with how it seems to automatically f*ck up after some time. Well, maybe the original NES model was worse with it's potential constant freezing.

But if you're still interested in video games, could always just get a gaming PC made. It's basically a free market on the PC. PS4 looks alright, just a logical upgrade from the PS3 and the Wii U is okay. I think the Wii U will turn out better than the original Wii eventually which wasn't bad either but, it's nothing to be impressed over.

StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 StaticKornSlipX

lols

Funny stuff 

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TGM_basic

Edit: Damn, how did I even get beat posting that? :lol:

StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 StaticKornSlipX

TGM_basic
:lol: both of us are on the same page.
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TGM_basic

But if you're still interested in video games, could always just get a gaming PC made. It's basically a free market on the PC. PS4 looks alright, just a logical upgrade from the PS3 and the Wii U is okay. I think the Wii U will turn out better than the original Wii eventually which wasn't bad either but, it's nothing to be impressed over. BurningAegis

Nah, I'm really not into gaming these days anyways. I just don't like the direction the industry has taken at all, particularly after consoles got online, and most games fail to keep my attention for too long these days anymore anyways. And even the very few that I actually latch onto, after only a few weeks I'm done with the game, almost certainly to never be touched again.

Of the new consoles, as of right now the only one I'd even consider is a Wii U, and that is solely after the news that Sega is releasing Sonic exclusively for it. Yet, I'm not sure that even Sonic is enough to warrant a full new console purchase anymore, so I'm probably just gonna quit. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-608ba1249f50e

[QUOTE="BurningAegis"]But if you're still interested in video games, could always just get a gaming PC made. It's basically a free market on the PC. PS4 looks alright, just a logical upgrade from the PS3 and the Wii U is okay. I think the Wii U will turn out better than the original Wii eventually which wasn't bad either but, it's nothing to be impressed over. TGM_basic

Nah, I'm really not into gaming these days anyways. I just don't like the direction the industry has taken at all, particularly after consoles got online, and most games fail to keep my attention for too long these days anymore anyways. And even the very few that I actually latch onto, after only a few weeks I'm done with the game, almost certainly to never be touched again.

Of the new consoles, as of right now the only one I'd even consider is a Wii U, and that is solely after the news that Sega is releasing Sonic exclusively for it. Yet, I'm not sure that even Sonic is enough to warrant a full new console purchase anymore, so I'm probably just gonna quit. :P

Yeah, gaming has progressively taken more and more of the bad side of the "Hollywood Effect" since the Playstation. Less inspiration and thought, more pandering. Even Nintendo has fallen into this trap harder than I would have expected starting at around 2006.

Generally if I play a modern game I find myself not caring much after I'm done with it because it was so unmemorable, even if it's an "AAA" title. I find myself playing mostly fighting games as far as this generation's games go. If anything though, a 3DS sounds like it would be more your thing, more so than the stuff I mentioned in my previous post.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 The_Last_Ride
DRM confirmed, used game fee confirmed (almost in any way) and Kinect always connected. Screw this
y2jassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 y2jassassin
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts
I have been more of a sony guy but after seeing their press conference compared to this one i am more impressed with the xbox one. ps4 looks like the ps3 with nothing new except some more memory and ram and better graphics but the console doesnt seem to do anything new and they didnt even SHOW the console but the xbox one has a lot of impressive features and technology and they havent even showed a lot of games yet which happens at e3 so i am kind of leaning towards this now over the ps4 but i may get both anyways. cant wait for e3.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 The_Last_Ride

I have been more of a sony guy but after seeing their press conference compared to this one i am more impressed with the xbox one. ps4 looks like the ps3 with nothing new except some more memory and ram and better graphics but the console doesnt seem to do anything new and they didnt even SHOW the console but the xbox one has a lot of impressive features and technology and they havent even showed a lot of games yet which happens at e3 so i am kind of leaning towards this now over the ps4 but i may get both anyways. cant wait for e3.y2jassassin

Really? Xbox one is Failbox None. PS4 made a business decision and kept it a secret for E3. All MS did was to show it's a bro console. With DRM, used game fee, always Kinect connected it's just crap

chosenhype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 chosenhype
Member since 2012 • 3211 Posts
i think i am definetely going to get this on launch unless its priced ridiculously like the ps3 was then i will wait a few months most likely.
Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Crulex1369
Member since 2008 • 2769 Posts
That Se7en gif is all that needs to be said. Well played, boys, well played. *Clap*
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 The_Last_Ride

That Se7en gif is all that needs to be said. Well played, boys, well played. *Clap*Crulex1369

PS4 here i come 

dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dalejrgamer
Or, you know...go into PC gaming...or buy a Wii U...
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 The_Last_Ride

Or, you know...go into PC gaming...or buy a Wii U...dalejrgamer

or just get a PS4? 

spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 spideynerd3
Member since 2007 • 11049 Posts

i think i am definetely going to get this on launch unless its priced ridiculously like the ps3 was then i will wait a few months most likely.chosenhype

Why in the world would you consider getting this junk at launch? I went in with an open mind, like I always do when it comes to the next gen of consoles, but everything I've heard about the Xbox One has made me want to vomit. Maybe you like Kinect, or having to connect to the internet every 24 hours just to play the system... And maybe you like paying a fee for a game you buy used, just so you can play said game. I don't know. I'm not saying PS4 is the way to go, but you might really want to look into the Xbox One before buying it just because it is a Microsoft product. Look what happened with the 360 when it came out, almost every launch 360 red ringed. I'm not saying that will happen with the Xbox One, but people are going to grow tired of the crazy that is the Xbox One. 

shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 shoe_crap78

lols

Funny stuff 

StaticKornSlipX
Favorite part was "Buy a Wii-U" :lol:
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 The_Last_Ride
So will you guys get the Xbox One?
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

So will you guys get the Xbox One?The_Last_Ride

I will decide after they clear up the confusion with the used games deal. Because it would make my living room less cluttered. LOL.

StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 StaticKornSlipX
meh, probably not.
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dalejrgamer
As long as Microsoft still forces you to pay for online multiplayer, no.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 The_Last_Ride

As long as Microsoft still forces you to pay for online multiplayer, no.dalejrgamer

believe me, they will. Sucks for me, i just renewed my live for a year... 

Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Crulex1369
Member since 2008 • 2769 Posts

Not a chance. Same with the PS4. My *ss tuned out at "no backwards compatibility". I know it's not a big deal to some people, but I'm an extremely organized fellow who doesn't like clutter. I don't want my room looking like an electronics store, and I don't want four systems just to play six or so games that are exclusive to those consoles.

Remember the good old days when you just had Nintendo and Sega and you could buy both the (s)nes and Sega systems without taking up too much space and you could play all the games that came from those companies, even older games if you had that adapter catridge that pluged right into the console that didn't cost much at all, and play without fees, exclusives, DLC on an unfinished games, online digital accounts and all this other bull? Man, I feel old.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 The_Last_Ride
Well Sony will do GaiKai for PS4 due to the Cell processor, X1 will totally abandon it
JLe1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 JLe1223
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]So will you guys get the Xbox One?Crulex1369

Remember the good old days when you just had Nintendo and Sega and you could buy both the (s)nes and Sega systems without taking up too much space and you could play all the games that came from those companies, even older games if you had that adapter catridge that pluged right into the console that didn't cost much at all, and play without fees, exclusives, DLC on an unfinished games, online digital accounts and all this other bull? Man, I feel old.

More like do you long for the days that a game console was for games and not a way to check twitter or changing the channel and you didn't have to rely on a cheap gimmick to get the console working?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="Crulex1369"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]So will you guys get the Xbox One?JLe1223

More like do you long for the days that a game console was for games and not a way to check twitter or changing the channel and you didn't have to rely on a cheap gimmick to get the console working?

don't forget that freaking motion control that MS has pushing down our throats  

shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 shoe_crap78

An arguement I heard today about the X-Box One:

Person 1: EVERYONE'S GONNA BUY IT BECAUSE IT'S AN X-BOX!!!

Person 2: NOOOOOOO NOBODY'S GONNA BUY IT BECAUSE IT'S NAME IS STUPID

Me: ....... 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 The_Last_Ride

shoe_crap78

Me: Nobody is going to buy it because it sucks 

shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 shoe_crap78
1 Xbox down, 359 to go :P
dalejrgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dalejrgamer
[QUOTE="shoe_crap78"]

The_Last_Ride

Sadly, this will not ring true because of the dumbass kids wanting it for Christmas and not know any better. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="shoe_crap78"]

dalejrgamer

Sadly, this will not ring true because of the dumbass kids wanting it for Christmas and not know any better. 

don't forget all the bro's that also are going to want this crap 

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

nope. as i've said before, i am done after this current gen fizzles out. i'm going back to nostalgia

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]So will you guys get the Xbox One?Big_Evil666

nope. as i've said before, i am done after this current gen fizzles out. i'm going back to nostalgia

i can understand you