The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Tommorrow is the big day for xbox. Everyone join me in here for chat during the conferance

Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Crulex1369
Member since 2008 • 2769 Posts

Tommorrow is the big day for xbox. Everyone join me in here for chat during the conferanceThe_Last_Ride

When is this going to happen? I've never really been an Xbox guy, but I want to hear what they have to say before I give up on this next gen.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Last_Ride

Please join us at 9am Pacific (12pm Eastern) on May 21 for pre-show speculation and a look back at the Xbox 360 before diving into Microsoft's announcements.

that's what ign, it's one or two hours before the actual event 

Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crulex1369

Sounds like it'll be around 1 to 2 PM EST. I'll see what I can do.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride
Everyone is welcome, and arranging chat in 3 unions
Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts

Please join us at 9am Pacific (12pm Eastern) on May 21 for pre-show speculation and a look back at the Xbox 360 before diving into Microsoft's announcements.

that's what ign, it's one or two hours before the actual event 

The_Last_Ride
i may have to work tomorrow.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Argh. Looked again. It starts at 11am for me. I'll get to see them walk out and then I have to leave. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shoe_crap78
Member since 2008 • 10920 Posts
Why is it starting so early in the morning? 
Avatar image for StaticKornSlipX
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 StaticKornSlipX
Member since 2003 • 8261 Posts
So what time is the actual reveal?
TwistofFate14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TwistofFate14
Member since 2009 • 5963 Posts
I would but I have school so I can't see it live.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride
2 hours left until the preshow starts on ign
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride
pre show ign stream link
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride
The show is about to start, join me guys
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 baltimore088
Member since 2007 • 16738 Posts

just a heads up people, they are playing this at 1 on spike tv and streaming on xbox live

DVR'd it on spike because it's so early and such a weird time to be on and can't watch it, should be on at prime time or something 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Last_Ride
343 is confirmed to be there
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 baltimore088
love the design!!! glad they are actually showing it, I'll join you in your union last ride
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride
LOL Xbox One, weird name
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 baltimore088

LOL Xbox One, weird nameThe_Last_Ride

because it's all in one entertainment wise, anything beats "720" as a name

sdfasgaf 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride
i updated the first post
baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 baltimore088

decent conference, they fully showed the console and controller and all the new things the xbox can do and the technology is really impressive, the graphics look great too but it was a console reveal so I didn't expect much games as much as just talking about the console so I'll wait for e3 for more of those

mainly I wana know if they play 360 games and I might actually plan on getting it on release 

the new things for the all in one entertainment box thing with tv and music and games and synching it with your cable box and all that is awesome but it's not something I need but is something I'd deff like to have, and the halo tv series by steven spielberg is gona be AMAZING

JLe1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JLe1223
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
I love Halo, but I'm not sure about this television series.....
Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Crulex1369

I love Halo, but I'm not sure about this television series.....JLe1223

I've already got a Halo series I like to watch. It's called Red vs. Blue. :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride
No thank you Microsoft
spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spideynerd3
Member since 2007 • 11049 Posts

decent conference, they fully showed the console and controller and all the new things the xbox can do and the technology is really impressive, the graphics look great too but it was a console reveal so I didn't expect much games as much as just talking about the console so I'll wait for e3 for more of those

mainly I wana know if they play 360 games and I might actually plan on getting it on release 

the new things for the all in one entertainment box thing with tv and music and games and synching it with your cable box and all that is awesome but it's not something I need but is something I'd deff like to have, and the halo tv series by steven spielberg is gona be AMAZING

baltimore088

IGN has confirmed that the "Xbox One" will NOT play Xbox 360 games. This is going to piss a lot of people off, because the PS4 doesn't play PS3 games either. Honestly, I see people keeping their "older gen" systems for as long as possible, and upgrading when their system finally quits on them.

IGN also confirmed that the "Xbox One" will NOT function without the Kinect attached to it, and that is a massive turn off for me. Originally, I liked the idea for the Kinect, but once it came out, everything that was Kinect exclusive looked "eh", and the games that have Kinect support just doesn't need it.

Basically, the "Xbox One" is Microsoft's attempt to "rule the world", because it is suppose to be "everything in one"... But people aren't buying a video game system that also plays exclusive tv shows, and all that other crazy. People are buying a video game system to play video games. No matter how "cool" the idea for a Halo TV series sounds, it won't be good, regardless of who is producing it. Microsoft has money to spend, and this system just sounds like them trying their hardest to make the PS4 look like a worthless box (if it is even a box... We don't know for sure) that only plays video games (like it should). That isn't me saying I'm a sony fan boy, it's just what I feel is the case here. Some people will disagree, while others will agree, that's just life. I will admit, I did like some of the things they showed off on the "Xbox One", but I doubt I'll get it. If I get any of the new systems, it will be the PS4, because I've stuck with Sony since the PS1 days, and I'm not backing down. Maybe in the future I'll consider getting both systems, but the major downside for me is that Kinect is required. 

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts
This all sounds just absolutely horrible, and only further serves to confirm my decision to be completely done with gaming...
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jediknight52501
so far i am not impressed. the PS4 looks better.
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jediknight52501
[QUOTE="baltimore088"]

spideynerd3

IGN has confirmed that the "Xbox One" will NOT play Xbox 360 games. This is going to piss a lot of people off, because the PS4 doesn't play PS3 games either. Honestly, I see people keeping their "older gen" systems for as long as possible, and upgrading when their system finally quits on them.

IGN also confirmed that the "Xbox One" will NOT function without the Kinect attached to it, and that is a massive turn off for me. Originally, I liked the idea for the Kinect, but once it came out, everything that was Kinect exclusive looked "eh", and the games that have Kinect support just doesn't need it.

Basically, the "Xbox One" is Microsoft's attempt to "rule the world", because it is suppose to be "everything in one"... But people aren't buying a video game system that also plays exclusive tv shows, and all that other crazy. People are buying a video game system to play video games. No matter how "cool" the idea for a Halo TV series sounds, it won't be good, regardless of who is producing it. Microsoft has money to spend, and this system just sounds like them trying their hardest to make the PS4 look like a worthless box (if it is even a box... We don't know for sure) that only plays video games (like it should). That isn't me saying I'm a sony fan boy, it's just what I feel is the case here. Some people will disagree, while others will agree, that's just life. I will admit, I did like some of the things they showed off on the "Xbox One", but I doubt I'll get it. If I get any of the new systems, it will be the PS4, because I've stuck with Sony since the PS1 days, and I'm not backing down. Maybe in the future I'll consider getting both systems, but the major downside for me is that Kinect is required. 

i am not a fan of Kinect, i may just keep my 360 and PS3 and not buy the new systems at all.
Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts
Didn't like much of it. I wasn't terribly impressed with the PS4 but it got the job done at the conference and showed enough decent things, Xbox One doesn't really seem to have a proper vision to me.
Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Crulex1369
And people wonder why I stick with my 3DS, good old SNES and PC. New gens just aren't worth it anymore, especially with lack of playing games for the predecessors and not working without attachments.
spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spideynerd3
Also, just found out that at the end of the deal they reveal what everyone was fearing... The "Xbox One" will NOT support used games, without paying some sort of fee to play them. Welcome to the death of the Xbox everyone!
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TGM_basic

Also, just found out that at the end of the deal they reveal what everyone was fearing... The "Xbox One" will NOT support used games, without paying some sort of fee to play them. Welcome to the death of the Xbox everyone!spideynerd3

Good f*ckin' riddance...

spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 spideynerd3

And people wonder why I stick with my 3DS, good old SNES and PC. New gens just aren't worth it anymore, especially with lack of playing games for the predecessors and not working without attachments. Crulex1369

The only problem I have with the 3DS is the lack of games I really want to play. :lol: I mean I have a few good games for it, but haven't really touched them in awhile. When X and Y come out in October I'll be playing my 3DS almost every day. Nintendo needs to release the new Smash Bros game already, that will have me playing the 3DS all the time. :lol: 

spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spideynerd3

[QUOTE="spideynerd3"]Also, just found out that at the end of the deal they reveal what everyone was fearing... The "Xbox One" will NOT support used games, without paying some sort of fee to play them. Welcome to the death of the Xbox everyone!TGM_basic

Good f*ckin' riddance...

The PS4 will support used games for now, so people are going to jump ship to Sony. Hell, Sony's stock jumped 8% right after the announcement that the "Xbox One" will NOT support used games. I think that should be a sign to Microsoft that although the used game business might hurt the companies, people just can't afford buying games at $60 all the time. Sometimes they like buying games used, and cheaper... Then if they do that they have to pay some kind of fee to actually play them? Pathetic, flat out pathetic. 

Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Crulex1369

[QUOTE="Crulex1369"]And people wonder why I stick with my 3DS, good old SNES and PC. New gens just aren't worth it anymore, especially with lack of playing games for the predecessors and not working without attachments. spideynerd3

The only problem I have with the 3DS is the lack of games I really want to play. :lol: I mean I have a few good games for it, but haven't really touched them in awhile. When X and Y come out in October I'll be playing my 3DS almost every day. Nintendo needs to release the new Smash Bros game already, that will have me playing the 3DS all the time. :lol:

Yeah, lack of games is a problem, but between the DKCR port coming out this Friday, SSF IV, the future Ace Attorney (even if it is friggin digital only, cheap *ss Capcom) and possible rumored games in the future, there wil be enough to keep me busy for some time like you said. :lol:

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Flamecommando
It's completely silly that the ONE will not play 360 games but if there is an 'actual' confirmation on the used thing. I'll probably be skipping this gen. Sticking to PC.
spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spideynerd3

It's completely silly that the ONE will not play 360 games but if there is an 'actual' confirmation on the used thing. I'll probably be skipping this gen. Sticking to PC.Flamecommando

It is confirmed... They briefly mentioned it at the reveal. Just like how Sony briefly said the PS4 wouldn't play PS3 games and moved on from there. Like I said above though, in all honesty this upcoming generation of systems seem like complete failures. I'll likely keep my PS3 for as long as possible, and if it dies, I'll probably buy another PS3, unless the PS4 is at a reasonable price, and has solid looking games. The "Xbox One" just doesn't appeal to me. I'll be honest, I've thought about getting an Xbox 360, but the more I think about the possibility of me getting an "Xbox One", it isn't looking good. 

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Last_Ride

Sony stock surges 9%, failbox none fails

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/sony-stock-up-nine-percent-after-xbox-one-reveal 

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Flamecommando

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]It's completely silly that the ONE will not play 360 games but if there is an 'actual' confirmation on the used thing. I'll probably be skipping this gen. Sticking to PC.spideynerd3

It is confirmed... They briefly mentioned it at the reveal. Just like how Sony briefly said the PS4 wouldn't play PS3 games and moved on from there. Like I said above though, in all honesty this upcoming generation of systems seem like complete failures. I'll likely keep my PS3 for as long as possible, and if it dies, I'll probably buy another PS3, unless the PS4 is at a reasonable price, and has solid looking games. The "Xbox One" just doesn't appeal to me. I'll be honest, I've thought about getting an Xbox 360, but the more I think about the possibility of me getting an "Xbox One", it isn't looking good.

I know they confirmed the no 360 games thing. But there is no official confirmation on the 'no used game thing'.

Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts
kaz-1.gif.
Crulex1369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Crulex1369

Hey, Burning, thanks for the nightmare fuel.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Last_Ride

so far bad points:

Preowned fee, it will not be free to use used games

No backward compability

Will not work without Kinect 

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Flamecommando

so far bad points:

Preowned fee, it will not be free to use used games

No backward compability

Will not work without Kinect

The_Last_Ride

No confirmation on the fee at all.

No backward compatibility sucks but I survived the original Xbox -> 360 change.

I'll just point my at the wall. lol

Expected different from MSoft though. Some bad decisions.

StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StaticKornSlipX

She's not impressed with the Xbox One.

McKayla Maroney is not impressed.

shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shoe_crap78
Member since 2008 • 10920 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be people that I have no clue about the features to this and then buy it and acting like it's good.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Last_Ride
Nobody shoudl buy this crap!
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Flamecommando

Nobody shoudl buy this crap!The_Last_Ride

and nobody will if they screw over used games. =-(

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TGM_basic

Hey Microsoft...

spideynerd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 spideynerd3

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Nobody shoudl buy this crap!Flamecommando

and nobody will if they screw over used games. =-(

The "rumor" (and I say rumor because numerous people from microsoft at different levels have said different things) is that the "Xbox One" will indeed have some kind of factor in it that helps with used games. The point is, they don't want to talk about the used games situation right now because they know the outrage it will recieve. Making people pay for a "fee" just to play a used game is stupid. They haven't had a problem with it for so many years now, and all of a sudden they choose to now say, "Um, yeah... There will be some sort of fee... Maybe, but we aren't saying yet... Hey, did you see those awesome couple of games we showed off, weren't they amazing!". Sony might just be the popular company this time around... But only time will tell. 

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Flamecommando
Installing every game shouldn't be a problem since everybody will have the same 500GB HD. The used thing is what worries me the most.
StaticKornSlipX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StaticKornSlipX

My issues with the Xbox 1:

1) The name is awful.

2) Little focus on being a video game console (Kinect, smartglass, etc. is uneccessary in my book)

3) Having to be online once every day (http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109)