Known Technical Issues 10/8 (please check here before posting)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

It's been a couple of weeks since the last technical issues report but a variety of items have been fixed since then; like missing official game files, patches, demos, and profile images. Instead of spending time on the past though, we'll focus on what we know and what we're targeting.

Items you should know about.

- Soapbox feature content that got transformed to Awesome Blogs has a couple of issues. The module appearance on the front page of gamespot and profile page had some formatting issues, which we fixed last week. However, there is a technical issue that will cause newer blogs not to display, we'll be investigating that problem this week.

- Rebuilding GameSpot: We are still in the process of rebuilding the site so please read this response provided by our lead GameSpot Developer.

- Oops errors should be more about the past. Why? Because Simon says so, no, his name really is Simon and he did respond with a graph sharing that things are getting much better. UPDATE: We've changed some stuff in the back end today and there's a new reporting topic if you happen to encounter the issue.

- Wishlist (aka customizable game lists) was a temporary feature for the wishlist holiday guide and before it goes away, be sure to grab any games you want to follow. I believe you have a week or so left to do this.

- Disabling Image Uploads Reminder: We disabled this access as we build a better image tool in 2013.

Targeted items:

- User reviews no longer have paragraph breaks(UPDATE: resolved)

- Newsletters Repeating (UPDATE: resolved)
- Fuse Feed (game updates) not updating (tempory bandaid, check the old myfeed updates)
- Users cannot get to union boards - reopened case based on reports here.

Other items we know about but require a little more time and/or investigation.

- Cannot change settings unless its the Fuse settings: A staff member is still working on determing what will be done with this issue.
- In-Game Achievements Not Displaying Recent Activity - Playfire contacted about this issue, we're waiting for a response.
- Malware concerns due to users having an external image hosting.
- Old Avatars not appearing in comments. We havent heard any reports about this lately so if you still see the problem let us know.

If you don't see a technical issue that doesn't mean we haven't reported it, this is just the list we have higher in the queue. If you think we might be missing one that should be higher in the queue, please post a new topic and share the issue.

Thanks again for eveyrone's reports in the past few weeks. With your help we're making progress.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Jody: I'm having issues changing the e-mail on file for my profile. I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this or not. When I write the new one and hit "Submit" it reloads and continues to show the old one. Thanks :)
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JodyR

I believe that's related to the too many settings item I linked to (Lark is investigating this issue).

Try going to fuse.gamespot.com settings to see if that fixes it. :)

EvanescentCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#4 EvanescentCrow
Member since 2012 • 69 Posts
- Old Avatars not appearing in comments. We havent heard any reports about this lately so if you still see the problem let us know.JodyR
I have a report on this. I changed my avatar a few minutes ago, again using an external link (not a gamespot hosted one, or an upload), and it updated instantly on my profile and forum posts... but not on comments to articles. Also, if I visit someone's blog, what I see is my old avatar. Here's a link to an article I commented, as an example. Thank you.
HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HybridKing
Member since 2012 • 8322 Posts
[QUOTE="JodyR"]- Old Avatars not appearing in comments. We havent heard any reports about this lately so if you still see the problem let us know.EvanescentCrow
I have a report on this. I changed my avatar a few minutes ago, again using an external link (not a gamespot hosted one, or an upload), and it updated instantly on my profile and forum posts... but not on comments to articles. Also, if I visit someone's blog, what I see is my old avatar. Here's a link to an article I commented, as an example. Thank you.

Actually your icon does update but it takes some time to do so. About a few hours I think so just give it some time and you'll see your new icon in your friends blogs. ;)
EvanescentCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EvanescentCrow
Actually your icon does update but it takes some time to do so. About a few hours I think so just give it some time and you'll see your new icon in your friends blogs. ;)HybridKing
Thank you for trying to cheer me up, but still... something is off. As I said before, the avatar updated automatically in every single section of the site EXCEPT the comments section, and blogs. I think it's safe to say it's not supposed to be like that. To confirm it, I just checked the link I gave in my previous post, and although it has been over 8 hours since I changed my avatar, I still see my old one on that page, so maybe it will take a full day?
HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HybridKing

If it doesn't update by tomorrow, then something really is wrong.

EvanescentCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EvanescentCrow

HybridKing
Funny thing is, JodyR replied to this thread a while ago, saying she was going to report this, and when I went to recheck my link it was still showing my old avatar. Now she deleted her message and my new avatar shows up... talk about quick work :P
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JodyR

[QUOTE="HybridKing"]

EvanescentCrow

Funny thing is, JodyR replied to this thread a while ago, saying she was going to report this, and when I went to recheck my link it was still showing my old avatar. Now she deleted her message and my new avatar shows up... talk about quick work :P

LOL. Yeah! I didnt see Hybridking's post.

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HybridKing

Don't worry, I'm used to people overlooking me :P

But yeah, in terms of icons updating, it generally takes some time so its not anything serious.

gregguilder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gregguilder88
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
as i go to uk.gamespot.com on the top left i get part of you script displaying 1x1 tracking pixel document.write(''); haven't looked around as haven't had time to see if already been reported
Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#13 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
@JodyR - any new news about the user reviews as there are two threads about this: OneTwo And I saw your comments about chasing this up as well - ta.
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JodyR

This has finally been pushed higher up in the queue so we hope to have it resolve soon.

@JodyR - any new news about the user reviews as there are two threads about this: OneTwo And I saw your comments about chasing this up as well - ta.Azghouls

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I been noticing that I can't post blog comments, the button to post says "Post comment as" and "Sign in" on the left side but I'm already signed in. :?

aryeec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#16 aryeec
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

This has finally been pushed higher up in the queue so we hope to have it resolve soon. [QUOTE="Azghouls"]@JodyR - any new news about the user reviews as there are two threads about this: OneTwo And I saw your comments about chasing this up as well - ta.JodyR

Awesome sauce

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JodyR

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

This has finally been pushed higher up in the queue so we hope to have it resolve soon. [QUOTE="Azghouls"]@JodyR - any new news about the user reviews as there are two threads about this: OneTwo And I saw your comments about chasing this up as well - ta.aryeec

Awesome sauce

They were testing it yesterday so I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be resolved soon. Thanks again for everyone's patience!
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CountBleck12

I been noticing that I can't post blog comments, the button to post says "Post comment as" and "Sign in" on the left side but I'm already signed in. :?

CountBleck12

Never mind about this issue, was only temporaily.

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Azghouls
Hey @JodyR - if you need another tester, I'm happy to oblidge as I got a messed up review to fix.
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JodyR

Hey @JodyR - if you need another tester, I'm happy to oblidge as I got a messed up review to fix.Azghouls
Thanks for offering but it should work fine now and your latest reviews should display with a better format.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JodyR

[QUOTE="CountBleck12"]

CountBleck12

Never mind about this issue, was only temporaily.

Yes! That was a bug we got resolved recently. :)
CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CountBleck12

Yes! That was a bug we got resolved recently. :)JodyR
Glad to hear, thanks! :)

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Azghouls
Reviews formatting are now fixed as I just corrected mine! :) Edit - my tag tells me I have played for 4000 hrs on the dot! Hell yeah!
Sniper-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 Sniper-Gamer
Member since 2006 • 4158 Posts

I can't check my messages anymore on here. When I lick on them nothing happens but it still shows up as read. Also the union forums are still giving me the Oops! message after posting.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Also the union forums are still giving me the Oops! message after posting.

Sniper-Gamer

Whenever you get an OOPS! message, be sure to post about it here and follow Jody's instructions.

MileofDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MileofDespair
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I"m having Avey and Banner updating Issues, I uploaded new pics and it keeps switchinig betweeen the old and new and for the most part stays on the old avey and Banner., even in blog postings, and it's been more than full day since I uploaded.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#27 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

Please place an announcement that the issue with user reviews have been fixed. I didn't even know that it has been fixed six days ago.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Did Gamespot just recently change the background color of the forums?  I like the old dark greys and blacks.... this pure white is a mess.  Is this a technical problem, or is this a new standard?  I have tried reloading the page several times over the past couple days and emptying my internet history/cache etc. but nothing seems to work.  I sure hope that it is just an issue on my end that can be fixed somehow, because I much preferred the other color scheme.

Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#29 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Did Gamespot just recently change the background color of the forums?  I like the old dark greys and blacks.... this pure white is a mess.  Is this a technical problem, or is this a new standard?  I have tried reloading the page several times over the past couple days and emptying my internet history/cache etc. but nothing seems to work.  I sure hope that it is just an issue on my end that can be fixed somehow, because I much preferred the other color scheme.

WitIsWisdom

Have you tried changing the colors yourself? The two a's in the nav bar will make the switch.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

Namgis

Have you tried changing the colors yourself? The two a's in the nav bar will make the switch.

earlier today the two themes got switched for me.. The black theme was white, and the white was black. :lol: But after refreshing a few times it went back to normal.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WitIsWisdom

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

Did Gamespot just recently change the background color of the forums? I like the old dark greys and blacks.... this pure white is a mess. Is this a technical problem, or is this a new standard? I have tried reloading the page several times over the past couple days and emptying my internet history/cache etc. but nothing seems to work. I sure hope that it is just an issue on my end that can be fixed somehow, because I much preferred the other color scheme.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Namgis

I'm not sure what you mean by the two a's in the nav bar... where exactly is that at? Thanks.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WitIsWisdom

nevermind, I found it :) Thanks!