Kid Icarus: Uprising Release Thread - (Tons of Info, Pics & Vids)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Kid Icarus: Uprising Release Thread
(Is the game a fantastic SMASH or just plain trash? Find out below)

~About Kid Icarus: Uprising~

(Above: This information also applies to U.S copies)

Some 25 years after the original Kid Icarus game for NES captured the hearts and imaginations of gamers worldwide, Kid Icarus: Uprising brings the action and adventure of this beloved series to new heights – and new visual dimensions – on the Nintendo 3DS system.

Designed by Masashiro Sakurai – creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros.– Kid Icarus: Uprising is an epic, action-packed odyssey that unfolds with stunning 3D visuals. The game also includes fully-voiced levels and an amazing soundtrack.

(Section 1: Story, Single Player, Control Options, Weapons, Attributes, Powers, Multiplayer Modes)

~Single Player Gameplay~

Each Chapter delivers nonstop action and is broken up into two sections: Air Battle and Land Battle. In Air Battle the action unfolds like a dynamic guided shooter. When Pit is facing enemies in Land Battle, the gameplay handles more like a third-person shooter.

~The Control Options~

The game's simple, intuitive play control has players hold the system in their left hand, while the right hand uses the stylus on the touch screen for targeting. The controls are simple enough to be grasped quickly, but offer layers of depth and strategy for advanced maneuvers.

ALTERNATIVELY: "You don't have to use a styIus -- But, I would recommend it. The default control scheme has players move Pit with the circle pad, attack with the L button (hold for auto fire), and aim using the stylus. It's similar to Metroid Prime: Hunters, so it's fitting that Space Pirates and Metroids show up as guest enemies in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

In the options menu you can reconfigure the controls.

- You can move pit with the circle pad or ABXY buttons (or the Circle Pad Pro if you own it).

- You can move the targeting reticule with the touch screen, D-pad or ABXY buttons.

- The third screen lets you configure all the rest of the buttons. You can assign attack to R (it's usually resets the camera) and configure if you want buttons to cycle through Pit's powers on the D-pad.

I tried playing Kid Icarus: Uprising using the ABXY aiming configuration and while it technically works, aiming with the stylus is much easier. After clearing the first five levels of Kid Icarus: Uprising my impression is if you replaced Pit with Saki Amamiya this could have been called Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Heavens." - Siliconera.com

Every copy of the game will also come with a free stand that holds the Nintendo 3DS at an angle above any flat surface, providing players with a new kind of (totally optional) gaming experience.

~The Weapons~

A wide variety of collectible weapons offers an extraordinary amount replay value. With 9 different categories of weapons, ranging from Bows to Claws, players can learn the unique characteristics of each weapon and determine which is best suited for each battle and their styIe of play. IGN's Rich George says that the game has over 100 weapons, 12 broad types and unlimited variations.

~~Blade Examples~~

Blades are balanced, user-friendly weapons that combine close-quarters combat ability with proficiency at range.

~~Staff Examples~~

Extremely long-ranged weapons that allow you to aim at and take down enemies from a great distance.

~~Claw Examples~~

Claws allow for fast movement, but their range is short, meaning you have to get close to your enemy to do any real damage.

~~Bow Examples~~

These weapons fire fast homing shots, making them well-suited for medium-to long-range attacks.

~~Palm Examples~~

These weapons convert the user's own vitality into a damaging shockwave that homes in on nearby enemies.

~~Club Examples~~

Clubs are the most powerful weapon type there is: These incredibly destructive weapons launch shots capable of even piercing through walls.

~~Cannon Examples~~

These weapons launch individual bombs that explode on impact, causing damage to anyone within the blast radius.

~~Orbitar Examples~~

Orbitars are twin weapons that float above the user's shoulders. They have a very long range, and are more effective when used against distant enemies.

~~Arm Examples~~

Close-combat weapons, designed for enormous striking power. Though they have a short range, enemies won't get away once you've got them.

~Weapon Attributes, Weapon Strength & Modifiers~

~Powers & Items~

Some powers help Pit to survive the challenges of the battlefield, while others can be used to attack enemies directly. For the best results, try combining multiple powers. Powers are used by touching their icons on the Touch Screen, or selected using the +Control Pad.

~~Examples~~

~Multiplayer Modes & Stages~

A robust multiplayer mode allows up to six players to square off in arena matches locally, or online. You can play 3 vs. 3 in Light Versus Dark or take everyone else on in Free-for-All.

~~Light VS Dark & Free-for-All~~

~~Stage Examples~~

Take a look at some of the multiplayer stages. You'll unlock more as you proceed through the game.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JollyGreenOne

Kid Icarus: Uprising Release Thread
(Section 2: Idols, AR Cards, Interviews, Pics, Vids & Reviews)

~Idols & AR Cards~

Discover hundreds of special AR Idol Cards to use with Kid Icarus: Uprising—and bring Pit and other characters to life right in front of your eyes. Save your cards and scan them using the game's AR Card Battle mode, then trade and share with friends to collect them all. There are 'hundreds' of cards to find!

~An Interview With The Man Behind The Game: Masahiro Sakurai~
(Thanks to Nintendo Power)

(Fun Fact: Mr. Sakurai's 42nd birthday is this year, on the 3rd of August)

Nintendo Power: Can you tell us a little about the team working with you on Uprising? Which titles have they contributed to previously?

Masahiro Sakurai: The members of the development team come from a wide variety of backgrounds. We have people with experience working on large-scale projects, and people who have worked their way up from smaller ones. We have veterans who've been around since the 8-bit days, and new hires working their first-ever jobs. Personally, I've been in the business for 20 years now.

NP: What do you feel are the key elements of the Kid Icarus franchise that needed to be retained for Uprising?

MS: Kid Icarus came out in 1986, the same year as The Legend of Zelda. Between then and now, these sorts of adventure games have tended to become more serious, but Kid Icarus still leaves an impression of being a more humorous, anything-can-happen sort of game.

So we've tried to preserve that sense of humor, and not have it end up like all those other games where you're dealing with some sort of dire, dramatic crisis. We've also been very fastidious about the music. And we've added a certain unique system to address the original game's reputation for being quite challenging.

NP: Conversely, what were the main ways you wanted to evolve the series and put your own stamp on it?

MS: As you can see, our Kid Icarus is now a completely different genre. It's been 25 years since the series began, so we wanted to evolve it dramatically, but in a way that would feel appropriate. Nobody's happy when a developer makes dramatic changes based on their personal whims, and I assure you our changes have been made with a great deal of respect for the original game.

NP: From what we've seen so far, Uprising seems to be quite story-driven. How important do you feel storytelling is to the overall experience?

MS: In this game, there's a ton of talking. Pit has a constant back-and-forth going with friends and enemies alike. But what I really want to stress is that we didn't add all that voice in order to tell a story. Personally, I think that movies and such are much better at telling stories in an effective and enjoyable way than games are.

The main reason for having all the dialogue in this game is "escalating the situation," using dynamic scene changes to make the shooting sequences more enjoyable. The story is the framework for the changing scenes. And while there is a story, we don't advance it by forcing players to sit and and watch some tedious briefing scene or anything. Pit goes straight to the battlefield, and he hears about the mission objectives as he's fighting.

NP: Between all the different weapons, the power grid, and variable weapons stats, there's almost an RPG level of depth to the gameplay. Was that a focus for you all along or is it something that gradually emerged during development?

MS: The amount of weapons and item types was decided from the start. We don't make additions to things like the number of chapters and modes either. (However, some things do get cut.) Development won't go smoothly if the team doesn't know what goals they have to meet, so we have to figure out exactly how much content we're going to make at the very beginning of the project.

NP: What would you say sets Pit apart from Mario, Link, Samus, and Nintendo's other heroes?

MS: Fundamentally, most of those characters were designed to be a projection of the player's emotions, so they don't express a lot of personality. I'm a fan of that styIe of character design myself, and have designed characters like Kirby to be a similar blank slate. But with this game, we went in the opposite direction, going for a bright, chatty character who always has someone to talk to.

Making another character in the vein of a Mario or Link would have been pretty dull, considering how many characters like that are in the lineup already... And come on: flying at high speeds and bickering with gods and goddesses--that's gotta make him the coolest Nintendo character there is, right?

NP: What do you think stereoscopic 3D brings to the experience?

MS: I've become so accustomed to 3D that now it's 2D games that strike me as being hard to play. This game has ranged attacks, so being able to sense distances is very important, and I recommend that it be played in 3D. The gameplay is very intense, so it might be a little tricky to get used to at first, but please stick with it!

NP: What sorts of SpotPass and StreetPass features will Kid Icarus: Uprising offer?

MS: You can exchange something called weapon seeds. A seed contains the information about a weapon, and you can recreate it (in your own game) by spending hearts. This game has a huge variety of weapons, and with this feature it's possible to get your hands on absolutely ridiculous weapons.

Each weapon has a "value" and in a multiplayer game, the amount of power your team loses when you're defeated varies based on that number. Players are free to hunt down the strongest weapons they can for the single-player game, but we've made balance a priority in the multiplayer mode.

NP: Before we finish, is there anything else you'd like our readers to know about Kid Icarus Uprising?

MS: The dialogue in the japanese version of the game is quite funny, but I don't know quite what to say about the foreign version. If our players in North America are able to thoroughly enjoy it, then the credit for that goes to the staff at Nintendo of America. This was a really challenging game to make. And, by the standards of portable games, I've tried to make it just as challenging for you to play (although it is quite accessible to beginners). I hope you'll enjoy it!

(This was just a snippit, to read to full preview & interview pick-up Nintendo Power Volume 275)

~Kid Icarus: Uprising Screenshots~

~Videos & Trailers~

(Youtube) 2011 Nintendo conference Trailer
(Youtube) Enemies, Weapons and AR Cards Trailer
(Youtube) 7 Minutes Of E3 Gameplay From Chapter 1
(Youtube) 10 Minutes Of E3 Gameplay From Chapter 2
(Youtube) 8 Minutes Of E3 Gameplay From Capter 3
(Youtube) Gameplay Snippet
(Youtube) English Gameplay Trailer
(Youtube) Intensity Trailer
(Youtube) Weapons Trailer
(Youtube) English Multiplayer Details & Gameplay
(Youtube) Three Sacred Treasures *Spoilers*
(Youtube) Medusa Trailer
(Youtube) First North American Commercial

Nintendo Video Kid Icarus Anime Shorts

(Youtube) Thanatos Rising Part 1
(Youtube) Thanatos Rising Part 2
(Youtube) Thanatos Rising Part 3

(Youtube) Medusa's Revenge

(Youtube) Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 1
(Youtube) Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 2

~Kid Icarus: Uprising Reviews~

IGN - 8.5/10:

"Kid Icarus Uprising is a fantastic game full of superb action, stunning graphics and art design, incredible music (truly some of Nintendo's best), humorous dialogue and solid gameplay. Despite that, it suffers from an equal number of problems, including some very frustrating and awkward controls, a fairly repetitive level structure, characters that talk too much and action that sometimes overwhelms the 3DS's relatively small screen.

What's important to remember is that Uprising's strengths truly outweigh its weaknesses. The game is simply addicting, both in its arresting, fast-paced action and its ability to inspire repeat visits with its scalable difficulty, bite-sized mentality and seemingly endless amount of unlockable content. Kid Icarus Uprising is yet another stellar entry in the 3DS's growing library. Much like Masahiro Sakurai's Super Smash Bros. series, Uprising is not without its flaws - but you'll be too busy having fun to notice too much." - (Full Review)

EGM - 8.5/10:

"When all is said and done, although the controls may be frustrating at times and take some getting used to, this is a very solid game. Great visuals, tremendous depth of game play modes, and a fully realized plot that is brilliantly executed on every level makes this probably a must have for every 3DS owner out there." - (Full Review)

NintendoWorldReport - 8.5/10:

"Kid Icarus: Uprising is jam packed with content, and outside of the control issues, is an amazing game. The 21-year wait for a new Kid Icarus game was completely worth it, because this is one of the craziest and most original games released by Nintendo in a while. If you have a 3DS and are even remotely interested in this game, I highly recommend that you seek this out." - (Full Review)

Nintendo Life - 9/10:

"Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the most attractive, exhilarating, entertaining and outrageously fun titles so far on 3DS. While Mario has recently brought his styIe of gaming bliss to the handheld, Uprising provides a substantial amount of content, its own brand of adrenaline pumping set pieces and wonderful humour. It sweeps you along at breakneck speed, and is a must-have title for that very reason." - (Full Review)

Eurogamer - 9/10:

"Kid Icarus: Uprising is a strong, pretty game turned into an essential one by way of its surrounding infrastructure. Its weave of systems hauls you back in to replay stages time after time; the sense of progress and acquisition is a powerful, irresistible loop. Most significantly, it reveals a Nintendo we haven't seen for some time, eager to innovate in ways that will excite its hardcore fans, focusing on competition, struggle and mastery. Reaching for the sky." - (Full Review)

Official Nintendo Magazine UK - 90%/100%:

"Uprising dances a merry jig along the thin line between rosy retro-reverence and modern and contemporary gameplay mechanics, utilising almost all of the 3DS's features while drawing heavily from its heritage. A rich cast of strange characters stars in a deceptively lengthy solo campaign (with more than a couple of twists and jaw-slackening revelations), while a solid, fun and tactical multiplayer mode and near bottomless cache of gubbins to collect ensures huge replay value.

In effect, it feels far bigger than the console upon which it appears, it's deeper than most home console titles and more content-packed than any other 3DS game yet released. Pit might've been sorry to keep us waiting, but this was a wait worth every second." - (Full Review)

Click here for more Reviews

What are your thoughts on Kid Icarus: Uprising?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
the game looks boss...
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Good job.

I want this game, but I have no money :(

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Way to go on the thread,the best put together one i've seen yet
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

What would we do without JollyGreenOne? :D

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Anyone know if this game has the join game feature?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Your work on these threads is always appreciated!! I'm looking forward to the game, especially after all the reviews hit!
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JollyGreenOne

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like the thread. :)

Anyone know if this game has the join game feature?Kaze_no_Mirai

Yep. Uprising has the same join game feature that Mario Kart 7 had.

You can read about it in the 'Multiplayer Modes & Stages' section near the bottom of my first post.

What would we do without JollyGreenOne? :D

Pixel-Perfect

I certainly have no idea what I would do without him. :P

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire

It'd be cool if this came out in NA.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

^Official soundtrack?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kaze_no_Mirai

Yep. Uprising has the same join game feature that Mario Kart 7 had.

You can read about it in the 'Multiplayer Modes & Stages' section near the bottom of my first post.JollyGreenOne

Oops :P Thanks!

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

This game is gonna rock. And how about those Kid Icarus Anime on the Nintendo Video as of lately? They've been fun to watch.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

A fantastic thread for a fantastic game! My hype for Kid Icarus Uprising is at its peak. @_@

LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

Very nice thread. For some reason I thought this game did not support CPP. I thought I read that in the IGN review, or maybe im crazy. Anyways, as I have stated in other threads I did not enjoy playing Metriod Prime: Hunters because using the stylus for aiming really hurt my hands. So I think I may have to pass on this game, even though it looks amazing.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts

Very nice thread. For some reason I thought this game did not support CPP. I thought I read that in the IGN review, or maybe im crazy. Anyways, as I have stated in other threads I did not enjoy playing Metriod Prime: Hunters because using the stylus for aiming really hurt my hands. So I think I may have to pass on this game, even though it looks amazing.

LJChronx

If it hurts your hands, get a bigger, more ergonomic stylus. There are many brands of pen-sized styli. I used to use a Paper Mate brand 3 in 1 pen/pencil/stylus sometimes. It had a great ergonomic grip and never made my hand hurt.

*EDIT* Nintendo even has some of the big DSi XL styli available if that helps : http://store.nintendo.com/

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JollyGreenOne

Well, as most of you know Kid Icarus: Uprising is available now, so I decided to spruce up the thread to make finding different information a little easier. I've also added the Kid Icarus anime videos to the Videos & Trailers section.

I picked the game up a few hours ago, and I must say... I'm liking the 3DS stand MUCH more than I thought I would. The game itself is great, it did take me about an hour to adjust to the touch controls (I'm left-handed), but once you get the hang of it there's no problem dashing, dodging or delivering a smack-down. :cool:

I highly recommend that everyone watch the 'How to' videos (at the bottom-right of the file select screen) before you begin playing the main game, seeing all of the videos together only takes about 12 minutes. It's a great way to find out some things you may not have known and it's pretty entertaining to watch as Pit and Palutena make references to other Nintendo games.

I would like to say more about this game, but my 3DS automatically shut itself off (after an hour of flashing an annoying red light in my face) so I had to take a brake and charge the darn thing :lol:. I might post some more impressions this weekend in this thread (If I'm not too busy playing the game). Others are free to leave impressions in here too, if you want.

It'd be cool if this came out in NA.

Haziqonfire

The music I've heard so far has been amazing, so I'd love to see this as a Club Nintendo reward in other regions.

Oops :P Thanks!

Kaze_no_Mirai

No problem. You're welcome! :D

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts

[QUOTE="LJChronx"]

TankZorz

If it hurts your hands, get a bigger, more ergonomic stylus. There are many brands of pen-sized styli. I used to use a Paper Mate brand 3 in 1 pen/pencil/stylus sometimes. It had a great ergonomic grip and never made my hand hurt.

*EDIT* Nintendo even has some of the big DSi XL styli available if that helps : http://store.nintendo.com/

I actually prefer to use the wrist strap/thumb stylus that came with my original DS for this sort of thing. That way, I can grip the system with both hands. These gpik things might actually work out even better than those old wrist straps, for all I know.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kaze_no_Mirai
I love how the game is so cheesy :P It's not so bad since it's obviously done on purpose but it has its charm. I also liked how in the beginning Pit says something along the lines of I'm sorry I know its been too long. Must've been nice for Pit fans from waaaay back :)
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
I love how the game is so cheesy :P It's not so bad since it's obviously done on purpose but it has its charm. I also liked how in the beginning Pit says something along the lines of I'm sorry I know its been too long. Must've been nice for Pit fans from waaaay back :)Kaze_no_Mirai
It's really funny when they make fun of themselves and use graphics from the old game.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kaze_no_Mirai
[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I love how the game is so cheesy :P It's not so bad since it's obviously done on purpose but it has its charm. I also liked how in the beginning Pit says something along the lines of I'm sorry I know its been too long. Must've been nice for Pit fans from waaaay back :)TankZorz
It's really funny when they make fun of themselves and use graphics from the old game.

Yeah I'm very impressed with the game especially the dialogue. There's hardly a moment without any sort of interaction between Pit and Palutena or any other character. The writing is also very good and clever although cheesy, as I had mentioned it's part of it's charm and is clearly done on purpose. It makes the game that much more entertaining.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NamelessPlayer
The general cheesy tone definitely made me more interested in this game, enough to where I've intentionally tried to avoid reading or watching too many other player impressions so I can experience it all first-hand. Now if I didn't have to wait 5 more days for my 3DS to come back with hopefully perfect screens...it's going to be a long wait when I know I have this new game that's begging to be played.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts
fun game so far. it certainly feels like a very complete game...its got features coming out the wazoo. it looks great, its very smooth and the use of 3D is very very nice. the stages are nice and short also but packed full of action....ideal for a portable.the difficulty scaling system is a great idea. reminds me ofthe world ends with you with the whole risk/reward system. im surprised at the voice acting but i actually like it. i thought pits voice would really grate but it actually fits really well with the character imho. the writing is good too..ive had a few chuckles from it already. very cheesy and tongue in cheek which is refreshing after playing ME1,2 and 3 for the last 8 weeks. the controls are a bit painful to use however...probably a combination of not playing MPH for a very long time and the 3DS being a bit heavier than the DSLite. I find i have to lower the difficulty a bit when holding the handheld as my hands are not as responsive as when its resting on the stand. the inclusion of the stand is a nice litle addition though. i also would have liked the touch screen controls to be more sensitive and to provide more camera control. ive maxed out the sensitivity sliders and its still not enough. its not as good as MPH in that dept. overall certainly recommended.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
Really on the fence about the game loved Kid Ic on my NES but idk if he's worth the cash on the 3ds...
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
The online in this game is godly, so much fun. I thought it would get crazy to a point I have no idea what was happening but its been pretty clean. The looting system is fun and the fusing is very addicting.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 haziqonfire
This game is crazy addictive. I've finally figured out what control scheme I like. I've ended up using the stand now, initially I thought it was crap but now I'm more comfortable with that. I haven't gone into the online play yet, but I will eventually once I'm more comfortable with the controls.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

This game is everything I had hoped it would be. This is the game I bought the 3DS for and now that it is finally here I am not disappointed. I was a huge fan of the original Kid Icarus (I have been having a grand time with 3D Classics Kid Icarus) and this sequel is a fantastic tip of the hat to that game.

The graphics are STUNNING. Best looking game on the 3DS that I have played so far and the 3D effect is outstanding, especially during the on rails flight segments. Absoultely breathtaking. The soundtrack is a perfect companion to the onscreen action and the dialouge is nothing short of a hoot. If you flew into the first town on level one and heard the towns people cheering for the return of Pit and it did not put a smile on your face you must have a heart of stone.

I do not know what is with all of the complaining about the control scheme. I do wish there was a Circle Pad Pro option for people who invested in that device and want to use it but I have no problem with using the stylus for the aiming reticle while moving with the circle pad and the pack in stand eases all of the hand cramping.

There is SO much to do in this game. All of the weapon customization is mind blowing and I have not even tried out multiplayer yet. The one complaint that I have is it seems near impossible to use the AR cards. Is there a certain kind of surface you are supposed to use them on? Of the seven cards I have I could only get two of them to activate and even those took forever. I play at my computer desk which has a woodgrain finish. Is that too busy for the 3DS camera? Should I try on a flat surface?

Hands down the best game on the 3DS so far. If you are on the fence on this one GRAB it. You will not be disappointed.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

So funny that I kinda had doubt with this one and yet now it my favorite 3DS game so far lol. Yeah the controls took a bit to get used too, but man this game is so fun and has a ****load of content that alot can be addicting like getting weapons and fusing them. SP is really good with a good story that has a lot of good and witty dialogue and MP is better then I expected.

The one complaint that I have is it seems near impossible to use the AR cards. Is there a certain kind of surface you are supposed to use them on? Of the seven cards I have I could only get two of them to activate and even those took forever. I play at my computer desk which has a woodgrain finish. Is that too busy for the 3DS camera? Should I try on a flat surface?

Euaggelistes

Do you keep putting in multiple AR cards in view at once? I had that problem and I notice that I only seem to able to activate them first time when they're by themselves and then it all fine afterward.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Euaggelistes

So funny that I kinda had doubt with this one and yet now it my favorite 3DS game so far lol. Yeah the controls took a bit to get used too, but man this game is so fun and has a ****load of content that alot can be addicting like getting weapons and fusing them. SP is really good with a good story that has a lot of good and witty dialogue and MP is better then I expected.

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

The one complaint that I have is it seems near impossible to use the AR cards. Is there a certain kind of surface you are supposed to use them on? Of the seven cards I have I could only get two of them to activate and even those took forever. I play at my computer desk which has a woodgrain finish. Is that too busy for the 3DS camera? Should I try on a flat surface?

Wanderer5

Do you keep putting in multiple AR cards in view at once? I had that problem and I notice that I only seem to able to activate them first time when they're by themselves and then it all fine afterward.

I have tried it both ways. I have been able to get two cards to work by themselves and have never gotten more than one card to work at a time. If it makes any difference I have gotten Pitt and Palutena to work.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I have tried it both ways. I have been able to get two cards to work by themselves and have never gotten more than one card to work at a time. If it makes any difference I have gotten Pitt and Palutena to work.

Euaggelistes

Hm well try them on a flat surface, otherwise not sure what else to think of, beside maybe there something wrong with your other cards.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JollyGreenOne

Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 2 has been added to the "Videos & Trailers" section of my 2nd post.

My Impressions:
(no spoilers)

So far I've:

- Completed 6 Solo mode chapters
- Played a total of 11 hours
- Defeated 123 opponents online
- Collected nearly 50% of all the powers
- Gotten better at holding a pen with my right-hand

Everything in this game from the menus and music to the world and weapons, has an essance of Masahiro Sakurai's previous games. It's like playing a mix of Super Smash Bros (menu and sound design, trophies, challenges/achievements list, scalable difficluty for better rewards, etc.) and Sin & Punishment (Action packed flying sections, need I say more?). Both gameplay styIes are mixed together very well and like I've said before, it might take an hour to find the perfect control settings for you, but once you do there's no problem dashing, dodging or delivering a smack-down.

As you can probably tell from my original post, there are TONS of different weapons in this game and they all have their own attributes and modifiers, which makes playing with each one feel like controlling a new character. Even just switching from blade to blade takes a bit of adjustment as you learn all the quirks and characteristics of each one.

This leaves the door open to all kinds of different play styIes depending on the user, some may like close range battling while others choose to fight from a distance, then there are those who like a mix of both, and good news for them is that there are weapons suited to each of those play styIes and beyond.

Kid Icarus: Uprising has so much content to unlock (completing certain conditions sometimes nets you cool rewards), things to find (secret areas in many stages, with some that only open on certain difficulty levels), stuff to buy (weapons sold in the shop change every time you finish a stage, and sometimes there are sales) and weapons to fuse (combine two old weapons to make a brand new one).

The short version of what I'm trying to say is:

- Lots of content
- Replay value = SUPER HIGH!
- If Super Smash Bros was a shooter, this is what it would look like
- Each weapon is almost like a new character
- I'm enjoying this game

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haziqonfire
Hey Jolly, I added you on my 3DS! My FC is 0516-7294-2711
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JollyGreenOne

Hey Jolly, I added you on my 3DS! My FC is 0516-7294-2711Haziqonfire
Thanks for the add, Haziq. :D

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

So I finally got back into the single player mode, thing just gets better and better. I did hate chapter 5, messed with me in so many ways.

The final battle with [spoiler] Medusa was one of the best moment in the game. [/spoiler]

Also, this game really has a lot of dialogue

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

I didnt have much hope for this game but was i completely wrong. In single player im at chapter 10 all the levels were fun and the dialog is great. Im spending the majority of the game in the multiplayer, all the matches might short but very fun. Im currently at 181 light vs dark matches played with 110 won, just wish joining your friends was easier in the multiplayer since I havent seen any type of a Q.

Just3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Just3D
Member since 2012 • 41 Posts
Well I just picked it up and really enjoying the game so far. Not even thinking of playing other games I own now.
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts
I"m enjoying the game so far. its somuch fun. Nintendo did a great job on this one.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Euaggelistes

I could not put my finger on it before but now I realize why I like the on rails flight segments of this game so much. They remind me of the old arcade shooter Space Harrier. That game was sweet.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NamelessPlayer
I could not put my finger on it before but now I realize why I like the on rails flight segments of this game so much. They remind me of the old arcade shooter Space Harrier. That game was sweet.Euaggelistes
I'm actually kind of surprised that they haven't made a 3D Classics: Space Harrier yet. It would benefit greatly from depth perception, and if I recall correctly, the Master System port even supported stereoscopic 3D shutterglasses, meaning it wouldn't be the first time Space Harrier's been in 3D. Or, better yet, they could port Planet Harriers to the 3DS and export it for once...always wanted to play that game.