Asphalt 4: Wow, a DSiWare game that is actually a full game and worth getting!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Asphalt 4 from Gameloft is the latest DSiWare game that is a full racing game with tons of content. IGN loves it, not only is it a solid racer on the DS, because it's a full game and not the demo type of stuff Nintendo's been putting on the DSiWare shop or those useless apps.

It's also 800pts which IGN says is a steal!

IGN score: 7.8

http://ds.ign.com/articles/101/1012638p1.html

Screens:

Asphalt 4 Elite Racing PictureAsphalt 4 Elite Racing PictureAsphalt 4 Elite Racing Picture

You know what seeing this makes me think about? Nintendo is missing out on a HUGE opportunity if they don't bring a VC to the DSi. Asphalt 4 shows that DSiWare can be great and shows so much potential! Imagine playing all our favorite GBA, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and games from other handhelds on the DSi!

Sadly Nintendo said that a VC is not in development. Makes you say to yourself, "Why the heck not?" No seriously, why?

*Sigh*...anyway, Asphalt 4 looks cool!

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

well thats the thing, without VC game filling up DSi shop, gameloft can make a game like Asphalt stand out more to DSi consumers. They don't have to compete with Mario 64, Mario RPG, etc.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

well thats the thing, without VC game filling up DSi shop, gameloft can make a game like Asphalt stand out more to DSi consumers. They don't have to compete with Mario 64, Mario RPG, etc.

darth-pyschosis

No dude, you can justify it all you want but a lot of people, including myself still want a VC.

And Asphalt 4 is a port of a mobile game which was also on the N-Gage. And the series was on the DS before, if you didn't know already. In other words, it's NOT a original game made specifically for the DSi.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

They actually have an article on IGN where they talk about the nintendo DSi should have a VC and what games should be on it.here's the link:-

http://ds.ign.com/articles/101/1012415p1.html

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Asphalt 4 from Gameloft is the latest DSiWare game that is a full racing game with tons of content. IGN loves it, not only is it a solid racer on the DS, because it's a full game and not the demo type of stuff Nintendo's been putting on the DSiWare shop or those useless apps.

It's also 800pts which IGN says is a steal!

IGN score: 7.8

http://ds.ign.com/articles/101/1012638p1.html

Screens:

Asphalt 4 Elite Racing PictureAsphalt 4 Elite Racing PictureAsphalt 4 Elite Racing Picture

You know what seeing this makes me think about? Nintendo is missing out on a HUGE opportunity if they don't bring a VC to the DSi. Asphalt 4 shows that DSiWare can be great and shows so much potential! Imagine playing all our favorite GBA, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and games from other handhelds on the DSi!

Sadly Nintendo said that a VC is not in development. Makes you say to yourself, "Why the heck not?" No seriously, why?

*Sigh*...anyway, Asphalt 4 looks cool!

ASK_Story

I got this game on release date of the game, I was veryyy impressed with it. I like it a lot and the graphics are really good!

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

They actually have an article on IGN where they talk about the nintendo DSi should have a VC and what games should be on it.here's the link:-

http://ds.ign.com/articles/101/1012415p1.html

TriniPlayer
I read about that the other day.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

i don't believe i said asphalt was original game per say

but the point is Nintendo wants to bring you new content, even if its new ports from other systems

the problem with nintendo consoles is 3rd parties always have trouble getting sales away from nintendo's own games. 3rd parties stray away from their consoles coz there seems to be a market trend of consumers buying much more of nintendos games then 3rd party games, this same issue doesn't seem to occur on the other consoles

thats why not filling up the shop channels with old games that have huge names and selling power helps gameloft, it helps them have an easier time getting attention to Asphalt on DSiware, then when they decide to make another game they may make a new original game for DSiware, if Asphalts sales were good, nintendo knows flooding DSi shop with Super Mario Land, Links Awakening would be good for us, but also would give devs the oppurtunity to just make quick old ports of VC games and give them little incentive to make new IPs, new games on DSiware

thats why nintendo delayed Dr.Mario and other nintendo games on WiiWare's launch

they let Lost Winds, Final Fantasy, Defend Your Castle get front and center attention because dr.mario and others would take away from them

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Did I miss something or did they completely skip Asphault 3 for DS? 1 and 2 are actually decent games...
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Did I miss something or did they completely skip Asphault 3 for DS? 1 and 2 are actually decent games...jjtiebuckle

Didn't you hear? They took "3" out of the alphabet. :P

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

[QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"]Did I miss something or did they completely skip Asphault 3 for DS? 1 and 2 are actually decent games...awssk8er716

Didn't you hear? They took "3" out of the alphabet. :P

Lol. Looking at the pics, the game looks very good. I really have no doubts that the DS can do more in term of graphics than we believe. Maybe devs aren't pushing it to the max (and as we have no way to know for sure.)
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

looks cool. as far as VC goes. yeah, it'd be nice, but i'de much rather play new games i havnt played before. honestly, i like wii ware more than the wii VC.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

I wouldl pick it up, but I alreay have it for my iPod Touch where it only costed 99 cents. Plus, the graphics are even better :P Still, it's good to see a full, quality game on DSiWare.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
That and the football game look like full games and not just small, demo-like games. I sure hope they can bring a VH (Virtual Handheld :P) to the DSi one day. Imagine playing GB/GBC games again on the DS :D