Starfox gamecube vs Starfox wii poll (56k warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts

ok been playing starfox adventures and the graphics on Starfox himself look better than the one in SSBB I cant understand why?.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
They're not better, they're just different. Sakurai chose to make him less puffy. So what?
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
They're not better, they're just different. Sakurai chose to make him less puffy. So what?Head_of_games
Exactly
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

ok been playing starfox adventures and the graphics on Starfox himself look better than the one in SSBB I cant understand why?.

iceldc
Different developers Star Fox Adventures was made by Rareware while SSBB is made by Sora Ltd. Also you have to notice Star Fox Adventures was an Action Adventure with the Camera on Fox McCloud all the time, SSBB is a Fighting game with the camera zoomed back most of the time to fit all of the characters that are are fighting at the same time.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iceldc
Less puffy haha your joking he looks 10x better on the gamecube one lmao!!.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iceldc
oh this wasnt a dig at anybody i love my nintendo wii just interesting thats all.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Head_of_games
Less puffy haha your joking he looks 10x better on the gamecube one lmao!!.iceldc
No, I'm not actually.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"]Less puffy haha your joking he looks 10x better on the gamecube one lmao!!.Head_of_games
No, I'm not actually.

so your sayin brawl looks better well i think your wrong my friend your eyes deceive you.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="iceldc"]

Uhhh I would have to say the new version of Star Fox is better.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Head_of_games
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="iceldc"]Less puffy haha your joking he looks 10x better on the gamecube one lmao!!.iceldc
No, I'm not actually.

so your sayin brawl looks better well i think your wrong my friend your eyes deceive you.

Exactly how does he look better on the gamecube? Maybe it's just you think he looks better there because nothing else in that picture does.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] No, I'm not actually. Head_of_games

Exactly how does he look better on the gamecube? Maybe it's just you think he looks better there because nothing else in that picture does.

well ok have you seen the water on brawl? yeah its awful im just stating a fact mate
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Head_of_games
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="iceldc"] so your sayin brawl looks better well i think your wrong my friend your eyes deceive you.iceldc

well ok have you seen the water on brawl? yeah its awful im just stating a fact mate

It is by no means a fact. It is an opinion. But what does water have to do with anything? You've yet to tell me how the older model looks better. Oh, and may I suggest you take a look at cutscene Fox in Brawl?
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] Exactly how does he look better on the gamecube? Maybe it's just you think he looks better there because nothing else in that picture does.Head_of_games

It is by no means a fact. It is an opinion. But what does water have to do with anything? You've yet to tell me how the older model looks better. Oh, and may I suggest you take a look at cutscene Fox in Brawl?

lol i have brawl cut scenes to me mean nothing
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts
look at dem UGLY textures on the gamecube

cmon people, its just the character model
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iceldc
and the older model looks better!!!!!!!! can't you see it?
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Head_of_games
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="iceldc"] well ok have you seen the water on brawl? yeah its awful im just stating a fact mateiceldc

How do they mean nothing? Why don't you post a pic of a cutscene from each game and we can see which looks better with fox? Oh, and you still have yet to say why fox looks better in game on gamecube. Unless you can come up with some proof it's just an opinion.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iceldc
having said that i reckon a new starfox would look amazing on the wii and blow the gamecube one away geez this game came out 2002!.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] It is by no means a fact. It is an opinion. But what does water have to do with anything? You've yet to tell me how the older model looks better. Oh, and may I suggest you take a look at cutscene Fox in Brawl?Head_of_games

How do they mean nothing? Why don't you post a pic of a cutscene from each game and we can see which looks better with fox? Oh, and you still have yet to say why fox looks better in game on gamecube. Unless you can come up with some proof it's just an opinion.

proof is in the picture mate and all cutscenes in starfox adventure are INGAME! and brawl are not FULLSTOP.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Head_of_games
having said that i reckon a new starfox would look amazing on the wii and blow the gamecube one away geez this game came out 2002!.iceldc
Again, what does that have to do with anything? You still haven't said how the gamecube version looks better. Go on, point out some flaw in the Wii model.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"]having said that i reckon a new starfox would look amazing on the wii and blow the gamecube one away geez this game came out 2002!.Head_of_games
Again, what does that have to do with anything? You still haven't said how the gamecube version looks better. Go on, point out some flaw in the Wii model.

ok there are no floors on the wii version but his fur and eyes look alot better on gamecube ive studied both on my hd tv with an awesome picture so i think i know what im talking about.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Yeah... Brawl's character model is better.

But does that really matter at all? No.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="iceldc"]having said that i reckon a new starfox would look amazing on the wii and blow the gamecube one away geez this game came out 2002!.iceldc

ok there are no floors on the wii version but his fur and eyes look alot better on gamecube ive studied both on my hd tv with an awesome picture so i think i know what im talking about.

The models and Clothing in the Wii version look better, The GCN version had great fur effects but the clothing doesn't look better also as I said earlier two different genres. Adventures focus the camera solely on Fox and in SSBB the game has 4 characters fighting at once and you have to cut back on somethings like Fur.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iceldc
oh not to mention the animation on the fur when its moving he doesnt have moving fur on wii and no lighten effects either
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] Again, what does that have to do with anything? You still haven't said how the gamecube version looks better. Go on, point out some flaw in the Wii model.Nintendo_Ownes7

The models and Clothing in the Wii version look better, The GCN version had great fur effects but the clothing doesn't look better also as I said earlier two different genres. Adventures focus the camera solely on Fox and in SSBB the game has 4 characters fighting at once and you have to cut back on somethings like Fur.

yeah i see what ya saying mate i didnt look at it like that.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Head_of_games
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="iceldc"]having said that i reckon a new starfox would look amazing on the wii and blow the gamecube one away geez this game came out 2002!.iceldc

If you know what you are talking about then offer me some proof besides your opinion! For instance, The wii version has smoother edges and the lighting is more realistic. Oh, and just so you know debates about these things can never be one hundred percent one because how good something looks is all according to preference. Unless there's a huge diffrence techinically like Crysis vs ET.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] Again, what does that have to do with anything? You still haven't said how the gamecube version looks better. Go on, point out some flaw in the Wii model.Head_of_games

If you know what you are talking about then offer me some proof besides your opinion! For instance, The wii version has smoother edges and the lighting is more realistic. Oh, and just so you know debates about these things can never be one hundred percent one because how good something looks is all according to preference. Unless there's a huge diffrence techinically like Crysis vs ET.

i agree with you 100% mate just i got this game the other day and never played it before just was shocked how well it looked.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Head_of_games
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="iceldc"] ok there are no floors on the wii version but his fur and eyes look alot better on gamecube ive studied both on my hd tv with an awesome picture so i think i know what im talking about.iceldc

i agree with you 100% mate just i got this game the other day and never played it before just was shocked how well it looked.

Woah, woah woah. Just a few posts ago you where saying it was obvious, and suddenly your saying the exact opposite? Ok, whatever.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iceldc
[QUOTE="iceldc"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"] If you know what you are talking about then offer me some proof besides your opinion! For instance, The wii version has smoother edges and the lighting is more realistic. Oh, and just so you know debates about these things can never be one hundred percent one because how good something looks is all according to preference. Unless there's a huge diffrence techinically like Crysis vs ET.Head_of_games

Woah, woah woah. Just a few posts ago you where saying it was obvious, and suddenly your saying the exact opposite? Ok, whatever.

erm no i agree its a matter of opinion!! im still sticking with the gamecube one looking alot better. Dont beat galaxy tho haha
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
the brawl one looks less jaggie and more detailed to me
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts
the brawl version of fox is better looking and has a better design, its much closer to the original. The starfox adventures fox just looks mangy like a dog that came out of the water since the fur is far too fuzzy.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 iceldc
i think the fur looks good the one on brawl looks plastic coz theres no moment with the fur
suspeko0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 suspeko0o
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
never played that starfox game on the game cube, but i want a wii star fox game! cmon nintendo! something along the lines of battlefield 2 with star fox vehicles and laser guns, (oh yeah 32 player online) am i asking to much? n in my opinion judging from the pic, id say the wii fox looks better. you better be already developing a new starfox game miyamoto!
SER69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SER69
Member since 2003 • 7096 Posts
I like the design of the Brawl Fox. The fur on the other looks nice but this one looks better:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts
IMO the Wii one is much better designed. The gamecube one just looks like it's been in a tumble dryer.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I like the Starfox Adventure game personally. That is one nice looking game to have came out when it did.
ChildOfGaming7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 ChildOfGaming7
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

They look ok. Rare always made due with whatever the console they were making on.

And I thought you ment an actual Star Fox Wii...but I like all the games....

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

Both are great for their time and their styles, which are different.

Though, I was honestly expecting to see a Starfox game for the Wii...

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#38 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
To my eye, the only thing that looks better on the GC is the fuzzy hair. Other than that, he looks cross-eyed and kind of goofy...
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

ive studied both on my hd tv with an awesome picture so i think i know what im talking about.iceldc

Wait, what? You're not going to get anything better than 480i on the Gamecube game. In fact, you'd find that the picture would look worse on an HDTV as opposed to a standard CRT SDTV. If you had studied both on an HDTV you would know that the picture you get is not, in fact, awesome. :P

scorpionldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scorpionldr
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts
i like neither one of those pics.......the smash bros fox looks almost bald..........and fox's adventure fox is........well he just doesn't look like a fox.......looks like a terrier or something.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#41 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Lol TC, give it up. Eveyone seems to think SSBB Fox looks better, so your whining won't convince us that the Gamecube one is better.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f
deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f
Member since 2004 • 530 Posts
You know I'm 100% sure that people still on 56k modems (are there any left) can load two pictures at the same time.
Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
Artisticall it's the Wii Fox -- it seems kind of hard to graphically compare these two games.
huntervaneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 huntervaneg
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]They're not better, they're just different. Sakurai chose to make him less puffy. So what?dtno132
Exactly

Double exactly

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts
I like his Adventure looks more because of the fur. Awesome looking game. Awesome game.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 iceldc
I like his Adventure looks more because of the fur. Awesome looking game. Awesome game.Litchie
yeah its a great game
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

I think Adventure just simply looks great for a GC game, but the artistic styles are different so hard to compare.

Glad someone else like me has just discovered Adventures and is surprised by just how good it really does look.

Phil

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

Less puffy haha your joking he looks 10x better on the gamecube one lmao!!.iceldc

your getting longer/puffier hair confused with more detailed. look at his cloths. trust me, the wii version is much better.