Will we ever see a console Pokemon adventure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

How come Nintendo never made a fully 3D pokemon game, like the handheld ones, for a console? I realize it would take much more work to render sprites for the pokemon in 3D, but they already made some of those in PBR, so if they wanted they could just enhance those and add more poses for them for another game... They could make their attacks look nicer as well. Pokemon don't appear much outside of battle anyway, unless they are standing beside a trainer in their house or something.

I never played Gale of Darkness, but from what I gathered it's not a 'true' Pokemon adventure...Again, why does Gamefreak go to all of this trouble, when they could just make a bunch of towns, trainers, 8 new gym leaders, a new elite four and battle tower all in 3D for us? ...Technology is only getting better, and we can't battle with hardly-moving pictures of pokemon forever!

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
I hope this or something similar will be announced at E3.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No smart company will ever dilute the content of one product to help another product that is sold out worldwide

POCKET MONSTER!

No, you'll never see it

You want Pokemon grab a DS

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

No smart company will ever dilute the content of one product to help another product that is sold out worldwide

POCKET MONSTER!

No, you'll never see it

You want Pokemon grab a DS

Jaysonguy
As Jayson said, Pokemon is called Pocket Monsters in its elongated form so it'll probably forever remain on handheld's.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
I want a sequel to Pokemon XD. I thought it was a good game.
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts

How come Nintendo never made a fully 3D pokemon game, like the handheld ones, for a console? I realize it would take much more work to render sprites for the pokemon in 3D, but they already made some of those in PBR, so if they wanted they could just enhance those and add more poses for them for another game... They could make their attacks look nicer as well. Pokemon don't appear much outside of battle anyway, unless they are standing beside a trainer in their house or something.

I never played Gale of Darkness, but from what I gathered it's not a 'true' Pokemon adventure...Again, why does Gamefreak go to all of this trouble, when they could just make a bunch of towns, trainers, 8 new gym leaders, a new elite four and battle tower all in 3D for us? ...Technology is only getting better, and we can't battle with hardly-moving pictures of pokemon forever!

Ovirew

Why not? Do you think that people will eventually become so picky that they will find these games unplayable?

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sk8ter33157
Member since 2003 • 3606 Posts

Making a true Pokemon adventure for the Wii would seem like the next logical step the series could take. A long time ago I had the same idea and posted this:

Nintendo still hasn't made the perfect pokemon game in this day and age. Heres what it would be.

Obviously, it would be for Wii and in the style of Pokemon Red/Blue/Diamond etc. The graphics/art style should match that of Pokemon Battle Revolution. It is a very nice clean and detailed art style while also being interestingly stylized. However, the actual pokemon models need an upgrade. In Battle Revolution features on the pokemon (like eyes and mouth) look as if they are "painted" on the pokemons face- they are very two dimensional features.

You would start off by selecting a male or female trainer. You then customize their appearance pretty extensively as well as their clothing to make your unique trainer. The camera would be a behind the back perspective common in most platformers/adventure games with the option to quickly switch to first person to surveyr the enviroment and 360 degree camera control. Next, take your trainer to the nearest pokemon center and receive your first pokemon (following the tradition of every pokemon game so far.) After this you receive a few pokeballs and yoru adventure starts.

Now instead of encountering pokemon randomly they should all be displayed in the enviroment basically living their lives until you come along. The enviroments would be varied and things like forest should be lush, dense, and large and allow for the pokemon to inhabitate and reflect their respective sizes. When you approach a wild pokemon the camera slighlty locks on to them and a small information bar would appear in the corner of the screen showing the pokemons name, stats, health, and your pokemons attack. You would then call out one of your pokemon by selecting them and making a throwing motion with the wiimote. Once your pokemon has entered the field it will focus attention to the enemy pokemon. Now instead of both creatures standing still, waiting to attack and take turns they should be constantly moving around the enviroment. Pikachu would be darting around the area dodging attacks, while Ambipalm may hide in a tree and attack from the tree. Enviromental interaction would play a bigger part. Remeber, this all takes place with out switching to a "battle screen" like in the DS games....it all happens in the enviroment. If Charzard uses a fire attack in a field then some of the grass should light on fire. A pokemon would be caught by throwing a pokeball with the wiimote.....the accuracy of the throw increases chances of catching. Pokemon would run away by leaving a certain radius from the trainer but they would never disppear from the enviroment.

Also, EPIC battles should be important. Now, a battle with a spearow should be pretty routine but a Gyrados should play out entirely differently. Imagine walking along a bridge over the sea when a huuuuuge Gyrados jumps out over the bridge from the water. You jump in a boat and follow. Gyrados jumps out of the water occasionaly and attacks. Your Pikachu sits on the front of the boat taking attack directions from you. While not directing your pokemon your are using the motion sensing features of the wii to steer the boat and not lose Gyrados or keep the boat level so pikachu can aim his attacks. Imagine the boat battle in Resident Evil 4.

Also, there should be lots of context sensitive moments like the gyrados battle mentioned. Also, imagine battling a trainer in a water arena. The other trainer uses a context sensitive option to have their Seal dive deep into the water. Now, these contexts would be specific to certain pokemon types (it wouldnt make sense to have charzard dive under water). Next, you select the entire water as the target (instead of the opposing pokemon) and have pikachu use thunder. The water becomes electrified, KOing the enemy and making the water unusable for several turns.

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sk8ter33157
Also I think the reason they are called pocket monsters is because they litterally fit in your pocket (in a pokeball). Not that they are meant for handheld consoles
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I like my pokemon sprites thank you very much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
If it was only meant to be on handheld systems, then why do Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, etc etc exist? The game is good and fun, it deserves to have a respectable console title as much as Mario and Zelda.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jaysonguy

If it was only meant to be on handheld systems, then why do Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, etc etc exist? The game is good and fun, it deserves to have a respectable console title as much as Mario and Zelda.Ovirew

The core game was meant for the handheld

Spinoffs and extensions are made for both systems

In order to get a true Pokemon experience you have to buy a console and a handheld, just like any of the other major Nintendo franchises. Unlike the other ones though Pokemon was designed and created for the portability of the unit so it's always going to be a handheld game.

If you don't like the idea of it only on a handheld then you don't like Pokemon. You want another kind of game.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
No. What Jasonguy said.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sk8ter33157

This goes in line with my other post about how Nintendo just doesn't listen. I've been hearing about people wanting a 3d pokemon adventure for years now. No dice. I don't know where Jasonguy is getting all of this "for any of Nintendo's franchises you need both a handheld and a console to get the full experience." I don't know if he means you need both to play all releases in a franchise or you dont get the full potential from your games unless you buy the handheld and console versions (which isnt true...Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy etc had no handheld counterpart).

While its true the core game was ORIGINALLY meant for the handheld (as in it was originally concieved with the thought of it being on gameboy) it doesn't mean it can't appear on a console. And portability isnt really a major component in the pokemon experience, in fact I would say its not the most portable friendly game. It is quite a lenghty experience and if your battery runs out in the middle of a battle or something your screwed. Pocket Monsters does not mean the game must be strictly portable, it means in the world of Pokemon you can carry these monsters around in your pocket by way of pokeballs. Like I said, ask anybody what the core elements of a pokemon adventure are and they would tell you battling, collecting, training, exploring....they would not say "portability" as it isnt an essential part of the game. Just look at Death Jr...a game originally designed for portable systems made the transition to consoles. Theres no reason a pokemon adventure couldnt do the same

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

that would be sweet

Avatar image for POkemonfreak101
POkemonfreak101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17 POkemonfreak101
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

This goes in line with my other post about how Nintendo just doesn't listen. I've been hearing about people wanting a 3d pokemon adventure for years now. No dice. I don't know where Jasonguy is getting all of this "for any of Nintendo's franchises you need both a handheld and a console to get the full experience." I don't know if he means you need both to play all releases in a franchise or you dont get the full potential from your games unless you buy the handheld and console versions (which isnt true...Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy etc had no handheld counterpart).

While its true the core game was ORIGINALLY meant for the handheld (as in it was originally concieved with the thought of it being on gameboy) it doesn't mean it can't appear on a console. And portability isnt really a major component in the pokemon experience, in fact I would say its not the most portable friendly game. It is quite a lenghty experience and if your battery runs out in the middle of a battle or something your screwed. Pocket Monsters does not mean the game must be strictly portable, it means in the world of Pokemon you can carry these monsters around in your pocket by way of pokeballs. Like I said, ask anybody what the core elements of a pokemon adventure are and they would tell you battling, collecting, training, exploring....they would not say "portability" as it isnt an essential part of the game. Just look at Death Jr...a game originally designed for portable systems made the transition to consoles. Theres no reason a pokemon adventure couldnt do the same

sk8ter33157

Bravo

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

Just look at Death Jr...a game originally designed for portable systems made the transition to consoles.

sk8ter33157

Oh.....my head.

I can tell just from that quote that the boat is too far off course to even attempt to steer her towards shore.

I'll just sum it up like this. Pokemon is one of the largest draws the DS has, if a "true" Pokemon game was released for the Wii it would hurt DS sales which Nintendo does not want.

We also know that even if the Wii was failing they wouldn't attempt it, why? Just look at the Gamecube, colossal failure that needed all the help that it could have. Did Nintendo go out and make a Pokemon game for the Gamecube? No they didn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
I'll just sum it up like this. Pokemon is one of the largest draws the DS has, if a "true" Pokemon game was released for the Wii it would hurt DS sales which Nintendo does not want.

We also know that even if the Wii was failing they wouldn't attempt it, why? Just look at the Gamecube, colossal failure that needed all the help that it could have. Did Nintendo go out and make a Pokemon game for the Gamecube? No they didn't.Jaysonguy

Well, it could be the way Nintendo was looking at it was, "The GCN is already doing poorly, so why should we put anymore work into conceiving new games for it when we can look ahead to our new systems - the DS and the Wii?"

By the time I had sold my Gamecube, it was already getting kinda late in that console race. Though I did miss out on a lot of the killer aps for the system - Pikmin 2, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Paper Mario 2: Thousand-Year Door, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, etc etc, it would probably take two years minimum just to develop a 3D game as large-scale as a console Pokemon game, and by that time it would have been the end of the GCN's life, when Twilight Princess came out, and they probably didn't want to hurt the sales of the games by releasing something like that at the same time - they wanted Zelda to get all of the recognition it usually gets - and its sales were still reportedly much lower than Nintendo expected, if I remember correctly. No doubt the close release date of the Wii hurt Twilight Princess. Not only that, but then they would have had to go to the trouble of porting the new Pokemon title over to the Wii, and if they went to all of that trouble they should just wait and use the Wii's capabilities in the game, and while they're at it, the might as well bring out a new handheld Pokemon game first since it's due and then release a new game featuring all of the new Pokemon as well...

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sk8ter33157
[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"]

Just look at Death Jr...a game originally designed for portable systems made the transition to consoles.

Jaysonguy

Oh.....my head.

I can tell just from that quote that the boat is too far off course to even attempt to steer her towards shore.

We also know that even if the Wii was failing they wouldn't attempt it, why? Just look at the Gamecube, colossal failure that needed all the help that it could have. Did Nintendo go out and make a Pokemon game for the Gamecube? No they didn't.

Yeah, Pokemon is one of the largest draws the DS has. But its not the only draw. Pokemon isnt the only reason people buy DS's. And its not like people are going to throw their systems into the trash if a pokemon is released for a home console. It wouldn't hurt DS sales, there just wouldnt be an incredible boost in them that usually accompanies a new pokemon game. On the flip side, there would be an increase in Wii sales...and where does that money go....it still goes right into Nintendos pockets. So that point is irrelevant because Nintendo would be making money either way. The DS is doing just fine and it won't falter even a little bit if a Pokemon is released on Wii. You make it sound like the DS is failing and the only thing keeping it alive are constant Pokemon adventures.

And your second point is even more irrelevant. Are you saying that Nintendo wouldn't even make a Pokemon for GC in an attempt to revive it? Of course they wouldn't! How unlikely would it be for one single release to revive a console failing as miserably as the gamecube was. If they had released one for GC, the chances are it wouldn't do very well because of the failing console. Your saying that the only reason to release a console version would be if the system was failing and Nintendo wasnt even willing to do it when a system was failing. Why waste all the money and effort to release a huge pokemon game on a failing system. The Wii however is thriving and huge amounts of people would buy a Pokemon game and even a Wii to play it on. Good buisness move. Nintendo could even release a new handheld pokemon at the same time for double the money.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
Colossium was a 3-D Adventure. I think there needs 2 be a pokemon Stadium 3 with mini games. The stories dont matter on a console. I only want a console game if that game were to be a MMO that had all islands and pokemon. and kept the same mechanics. and for a wii game to have all the the game would have to be 2D to save space anyway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Nintendo could even release a new handheld pokemon at the same time for double the money.sk8ter33157
Hmm...you know you might be onto something there. A new model of the DS, or else a brand new Nintendo handheld altogether, has been hinted at for the last year now. That means, in the next 1-3 years, we could see a new pokemon game already. In fact, Pokemon Platinum (the sequel for D/P) is probably going to come out either late this year or early next year. It's possible that Nintendo could release another Wii Pokemon game not long after that.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Minishdriveby

This goes in line with my other post about how Nintendo just doesn't listen. I've been hearing about people wanting a 3d pokemon adventure for years now. No dice. I don't know where Jasonguy is getting all of this "for any of Nintendo's franchises you need both a handheld and a console to get the full experience." I don't know if he means you need both to play all releases in a franchise or you dont get the full potential from your games unless you buy the handheld and console versions (which isnt true...Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy etc had no handheld counterpart). sk8ter33157

To fully enjoy any Nintendo series (story wise at least) you need both.

Mario has New Super Mario Bros.

Zelda has Phantom Hour glass

Metroid has Metroid 2, Metroid Fussion, and Zero Mission, and I guess Metroid Prime Hunters. But I think the title should be Prime Hunters because of the lack of Metroids. 2 of those games are main games in the series.

He wasnt talking about a particular game he was talking about Nintendo franchises.

Plus nintendo can't make a good pokemon console game if they were to make a new console pokemon game I would want pokemon snap 2 the original was the best pokemon game on any console.

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sk8ter33157
[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"]

This goes in line with my other post about how Nintendo just doesn't listen. I've been hearing about people wanting a 3d pokemon adventure for years now. No dice. I don't know where Jasonguy is getting all of this "for any of Nintendo's franchises you need both a handheld and a console to get the full experience." I don't know if he means you need both to play all releases in a franchise or you dont get the full potential from your games unless you buy the handheld and console versions (which isnt true...Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy etc had no handheld counterpart). Minishdriveby

Metroid has Metroid 2, Metroid Fussion, and Zero Mission, and I guess Metroid Prime Hunters. But I think the title should be Prime Hunters because of the lack of Metroids. 2 of those games are main games in the series.

He wasnt talking about a particular game he was talking about Nintendo franchises.

Plus nintendo can't make a good pokemon console game if they were to make a new console pokemon game I would want pokemon snap 2 the original was the best pokemon game on any console.

Thats not true at all. Sure its true in SOME cases like Wind Waker has Phantom Hourglass, but Twilight Princess has no handheld partner. You don't need to play New Super Mario to enjoy Galaxy or vice versa. You can say the same about any series like Final Fantasy, God of War etc. Its an irrelevant point like most of Jaysonguys points

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="sk8ter33157"]

This goes in line with my other post about how Nintendo just doesn't listen. I've been hearing about people wanting a 3d pokemon adventure for years now. No dice. I don't know where Jasonguy is getting all of this "for any of Nintendo's franchises you need both a handheld and a console to get the full experience." I don't know if he means you need both to play all releases in a franchise or you dont get the full potential from your games unless you buy the handheld and console versions (which isnt true...Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy etc had no handheld counterpart). sk8ter33157

Thats not true at all. Sure its true in SOME cases like Wind Waker has Phantom Hourglass, but Twilight Princess has no handheld partner. You don't need to play New Super Mario to enjoy Galaxy or vice versa. You can say the same about any series like Final Fantasy, God of War etc. Its an irrelevant point like most of Jaysonguys points

Did you even read what I said, to fully understand a SERIES STORY and enjoy that story, a series meaning the whole picture not one game. You need to play all the games. Now I know games like Mario don't have much of a story but it's still there. I never said anything about you need this game to enjoy another. I had a blast with Galaxy, I'm saying as a series not an individual game.

I've repeated that a couple of times just so it sticks. Series, series series, Storyline storyline storyline.

Take Metroid since you don't want to take the zelda and mario series into this. You don't need to play metroid 2 and 4 (which were released for handhelds) to enjoy metroid prime but it may help you understand a tiny bit more. Prime was a sub series though. But you see what I'm saying right? metroid 2 and 4 were the main series and were released for the handheld there fore if you wanted to go through and understand the main series thoroughly you would need both a console and a handheld.

dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
There's really no reason why it can't happen. Nintendo has been rehashing the same exact formula over and over throughout the Pokemon series, and many people (like myself) who enjoyed the originals (RBY & GSC) have basically grown out of that formula. We've done it already. Pokemon for us has basically been played out. So, in order to attract that somewhat older audience who did play Pokemon back in the late 90's/ early 00's, a good 3D experience would be the way to go. Yes, the formula could be the same, but the view would be fresh enough to make the change worth it. Think of A Link to the Past to Ocarina of Time. They're both great games, and are really quite similar in overarching story, but the new, 3D view of OoT made all the difference (thus making it one of the greatest games of all time). A full 3D Pokemon RPG on the Wii? Bring it on Nintendo, I have my $50 set aside.
ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

There's really no reason why it can't happen. Nintendo has been rehashing the same exact formula over and over throughout the Pokemon series, and many people (like myself) who enjoyed the originals (RBY & GSC) have basically grown out of that formula. We've done it already. Pokemon for us has basically been played out. So, in order to attract that somewhat older audience who did play Pokemon back in the late 90's/ early 00's, a good 3D experience would be the way to go. Yes, the formula could be the same, but the view would be fresh enough to make the change worth it. Think of A Link to the Past to Ocarina of Time. They're both great games, and are really quite similar in overarching story, but the new, 3D view of OoT made all the difference (thus making it one of the greatest games of all time). A full 3D Pokemon RPG on the Wii? Bring it on Nintendo, I have my $50 set aside.dmil1991

I couldn't agree with you more. I never brought myself to finishing Pokemon Pearl because it wasn't interesting, it was basically the same game i've been playing since Blue Version. A full 3D Pokemon game or a significantly bigger one than the GC ones would rekindle my interest in the franchise. There's so much potential and I think a 3D console game would be the only next logical step for the series.

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sk8ter33157
[QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="sk8ter33157"]

This goes in line with my other post about how Nintendo just doesn't listen. I've been hearing about people wanting a 3d pokemon adventure for years now. No dice. I don't know where Jasonguy is getting all of this "for any of Nintendo's franchises you need both a handheld and a console to get the full experience." I don't know if he means you need both to play all releases in a franchise or you dont get the full potential from your games unless you buy the handheld and console versions (which isnt true...Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy etc had no handheld counterpart). Minishdriveby

Did you even read what I said, to fully understand a SERIES STORY and enjoy that story, a series meaning the whole picture not one game. You need to play all the games. Now I know games like Mario don't have much of a story but it's still there. I never said anything about you need this game to enjoy another. I had a blast with Galaxy, I'm saying as a series not an individual game.

I've repeated that a couple of times just so it sticks. Series, series series, Storyline storyline storyline.

Take Metroid since you don't want to take the zelda and mario series into this. You don't need to play metroid 2 and 4 (which were released for handhelds) to enjoy metroid prime but it may help you understand a tiny bit more. Prime was a sub series though. But you see what I'm saying right? metroid 2 and 4 were the main series and were released for the handheld there fore if you wanted to go through and understand the main series thoroughly you would need both a console and a handheld.

Yea i understand your point but you clealry dont understand MINE. I was saying you can say the same thing for many different series and it shouldn't restrict a Pokemon adventure from appearing on a home console. Thats just ridiculous. Jaysonguy stated for ALL MAJOR nintendo franchises you need to play both versions. I simply said that was unture....you cant say that about Mario or even most of the Zeldas. Like I said it applies to SOME Nintendo franchies (he was making an untrue generalization) and other franchises as well. It doesnt apply to most Zeldas. Metroid is the only perfect example of this. I didnt disagree with the fact that certain series do require this, I was disagreeing with the generalization that all Nintendo franchises need both versions to be understood. You said ANY nintendo series....that is untrue and its a fact. Nintendo has even said that none of the Zeldas except Wind Waker have any connection. Animal Crossing is another example. Pokemon is an even better example. Pokemon Snap didnt exactly add to the story, and each GBA release has a different story.

And I still dont see the reason this would hinder Pokemon from appearing on a console in adventure form. It would actually support his point that Nintendo stories appear on console and handheld. In a sense he contradticted himself.

sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sk8ter33157

Furthermore, Jayson was stressing the importance of the HANDHELD aspect. Meaning that Pokemon adventures are usually reserved for handhelds and come along with a console counterpart. He means there are two halves to a nintendo game in a sense. If they released a Pokemon on Wii there would be no counterpart for it. His point is somewhat different from what you are saying.

On a side note, has anyone read my idea for a pokemon wii game I posted a page or two back?

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts

Making a true Pokemon adventure for the Wii would seem like the next logical step the series could take. A long time ago I had the same idea and posted this:

Nintendo still hasn't made the perfect pokemon game in this day and age. Heres what it would be.

*lengthy text trimmed to keep post length to a minimum*sk8ter33157
I haven't owned a game in the main series since the original Blue version (and that was several years ago). My remaining interest in the franchise seems to stem from fan works like this. However, if a game like you outlined were to be released...that might change. I've always thought that a more 3D Zelda-esque gameplay style could invigorate the gameplay formula to garner my interest yet again. It still wouldn't address some of the quirks in the series that I would make fun of in a comic sooner or later, such as other trainers who hide in a single place until they can surprise a player-controlled trainer and demand a battle, the trainers' drive to catch 'em all when they're only going to use six of their critter collection 90% of the time, the creatures' apparent inability to fight without constant orders from a trainer once caught, etc.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="sk8ter33157"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="sk8ter33157"]

Yea i understand your point but you clealry dont understand MINE. I was saying you can say the same thing for many different series and it shouldn't restrict a Pokemon adventure from appearing on a home console. Thats just ridiculous. Jaysonguy stated for ALL MAJOR nintendo franchises you need to play both versions. I simply said that was unture....you cant say that about Mario or even most of the Zeldas. Like I said it applies to SOME Nintendo franchies (he was making an untrue generalization) and other franchises as well. It doesnt apply to most Zeldas. Metroid is the only perfect example of this. I didnt disagree with the fact that certain series do require this, I was disagreeing with the generalization that all Nintendo franchises need both versions to be understood. You said ANY nintendo series....that is untrue and its a fact. Nintendo has even said that none of theZeldas except Wind Waker have any connection. Animal Crossing is another example. Pokemon is an even better example. Pokemon Snap didnt exactly add to the story, and each GBA release has a different story.

And I still dont see the reason this would hinder Pokemon from appearing on a console in adventure form. It would actually support his point that Nintendo stories appear on console and handheld. In a sense he contradticted himself.

AS of right now Pokemon only appears as a spinoff on the consoles. so really there is no story there except on the handhelds.

All the zeldas are connected and nintendo has said so. TP and WW take place in alternate timelines because of the events in OoT. And what about MM the direct sequel to OoT?

There are many references to gold and silver in D/P that you wouldn't know if you didn't play those games. So Even though Pokemon series have a different plot each time. The handhelds series still connect it in someways.

I wasn't really arguing about a pokemon game on the consoles other then the fact that when they try to make a 3D adventure it usually turns out very bad. Maybe if they make it like Zelda FSA it would work. My point was if you truely want to full experience and a full understanding you need to play all games in the series like (but not limited too) Zelda and Metroid which those games span across handhelds and consoles.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
Ok, ok sure a pokemon game COULD be made for the wii but you're just kidding ourself if you actually think it will happen. Pokemon games are just meant for portables. That's it. Jaysonguy and others have already made enough points that if you still don't see why a pokemon game will never be made for a console then I hope you are illiterate because then you have a good excuse for why you don't get it.
sk8ter33157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sk8ter33157

Ok, ok sure a pokemon game COULD be made for the wii but you're just kidding ourself if you actually think it will happen. Pokemon games are just meant for portables. That's it. Jaysonguy and others have already made enough points that if you still don't see why a pokemon game will never be made for a console then I hope you are illiterate because then you have a good excuse for why you don't get it.pjacobson21

Really? Because the only point made so far as to why a Pokemon game shouldnt appear on a console is that they originated on the gameboy. Which isnt much of a point really? So what are all of these points you mention? Open my eyes to them and I will say your right. So what are they? And dont mention what Jaysonguy said about it causing harm to DS sales because that doesn't make any sense

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

[QUOTE="pjacobson21"]Ok, ok sure a pokemon game COULD be made for the wii but you're just kidding ourself if you actually think it will happen. Pokemon games are just meant for portables. That's it. Jaysonguy and others have already made enough points that if you still don't see why a pokemon game will never be made for a console then I hope you are illiterate because then you have a good excuse for why you don't get it.sk8ter33157

Really? Because the only point made so far as to why a Pokemon game shouldnt appear on a console is that they originated on the gameboy. Which isnt much of a point really? So what are all of these points you mention? Open my eyes to them and I will say your right. So what are they? And dont mention what Jaysonguy said about it causing harm to DS sales because that doesn't make any sense

How does it not make any sense? Simply put Nintendo could make another handheld pokemon game for about half the effort it would take to make a console pokemon game and make more money with it too.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
very unlikely but there is some hope.
2fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 2fiction
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have been waiting for a pokemon game like this for years, and just like sk8ter33157 i have so many ideas on how to make the ultimate game. Awesome ideas.

I was trying to find a way to write a letter to Nintendo before i found this thread if they ever are going to make a game like this, and i also wanted to tell some of my ideas about the game, but there was no way to do that - And maybe then we could get a good answer why they havent done it yet.I guess why can just dream and wait!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
I love my Pokemon, but seeing it on a console would be weird to me. Spinoffs are fine, but keep the core games on the handhelds. I like my tiny little dudes battling it out on a DS or Gameboy screen. Plus, it's kind of nostalgic to play it on a handheld even if it's the newer Pokemon games.
el6ments

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 el6ments
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I remember the gameboy one if they did that on the wii and have it be a storymode That be epic! With puzzle mysterys and win prizes and run into danger Go to gyms win pendents ect catch Pokemon and ppl be happy instead of this straight to fight or farm Pokemon crap rpg thing allow the person to walk around and do stuff!
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Zombie Thread.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="el6ments"]I remember the gameboy one if they did that on the wii and have it be a storymode That be epic! With puzzle mysterys and win prizes and run into danger Go to gyms win pendents ect catch Pokemon and ppl be happy instead of this straight to fight or farm Pokemon crap rpg thing allow the person to walk around and do stuff!

Please don't bump old threads, thanks.