Problem with a gamecube memory card?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gadi800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gadi800
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts

Well I've never had a gamecube and I've had the wii for about 2 months now and I thought it'll be a good idea to get gamecube equipment to play gamecube games, since it seems like the gamecube has a lot of good games.

Anyways I went to the store, I bought my joysticks and a week later I bought a memory card since he didn't have any in stock when I bought the controllers.

Anyways whenever I save with the memory card, saving seems to go fine though loading doesn't, it keeps saying that the data may be corrupt, I told the guy at the shop and he replaced it with a new one without any problem, though the new one worked once, while playing Resident Evil Remake, it said load complete and I was psyched, I thought that this time it'll work.

Though after the first load it stopped working again, I progressed in the gamea bit, saved and closed my wii.

When I tried to load the data it was the same problem again, now I tried at least 15 times with three different games (all I have right now), same thing, corrupt data.

Any ideas why is this happening?

Is it something with my wii or is it the memory cards?

The guy at the shop told me to tell him if this one was bad too and he said he'll order some new ones from someone else, though I'm not sure if it's really the memory cards or my wii.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Try another memory card. Clean both the memory card insides (just use something light or blow in it) and same for the memory card slot. And are you positive it's from Nintendo? 3rd party cards corrupt easily.
gadi800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gadi800

Actually I think it's a third party, I don't see Nintendo written on it, I'm not sure how an original Memory Card looks like.

Do third party really corrupt that fast?

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

They can. Especially if they were a pirate copy. Nintendo memory cards have nintendo on them. Third party cards often have a different shape from the Nintendo ones.

That corruption can occur on gamecubes.

gadi800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gadi800
I see, I should look for an original memory card then, thanks for the help. :)
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dark_Link142

Actually I think it's a third party, I don't see Nintendo written on it, I'm not sure how an original Memory Card looks like.

Do third party really corrupt that fast?

gadi800

Actual Nintendo ones are quite small square ones. Third party cards don't corrupt that fast it's just that they are known to corrupt.

gadi800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gadi800

I see, the only way to find out is by buying an original one I guess, just hope that it'll solve the problem since the amount of stores selling any kind of GC equipment here is really low.

Well I'll ask the guy at the store if he can import some original gamecube memory cards, hope that'll help.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Just buy them from Nintendo.com or go ebay. Look in online shops they still carry the Nintendo made ones.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dark_Link142
Just to be sure, this is what the original memory card looks like: http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/eab00183-0282-4430-8c8b-dd5f678df1bc.jpg
gadi800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gadi800

I'd love to order things online, I find it safe and comfortable but I can't do it with my credit card, since I'm not above the age of 18 yet, I can't get a master card quite yet, so worldwide-online purchasing is not possible for me, and my mom doesn't trust buying things online at all, my only possibility is stores.

And my memory card is completely different in it's design, I'll see if I can get an original one.

NintendoFan25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NintendoFan25
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I have a bunch of gamecube games. and i have a wii, so one day i want to play my zelda colecters adition and it said my memory card was courupted. So i turned it of and i restarted my wii and it still didnt work. So i cleaned the slot that the card was in and the card and it still didnt work. So now i keep trying to format it and it wont format. HELP!

falconrifle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 falconrifle
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

actualy i have had this 3rd party memory card and it lasted more than the nintendo one i have, the nintendo memory card keeps asking me to format it and it really sucks