jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Half Life was a huge popularizer in cinematic gameplay which is the worst thing to happen gaming imo, the bubonic plague of gaming.

Maroxad
That's a stupid statement.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24000 Posts
[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Half Life was a huge popularizer in cinematic gameplay which is the worst thing to happen gaming imo, the bubonic plague of gaming.

jg4xchamp

Not at all, Half Life was one of the games that pushed gaming towards cinematic design. Of course, there are games that have pushed gaming towards the direction further along after half life, but Half Life was still one of the major stones towards the popularization of the cinematic playstyle. I wouldnt say it is the biggest though, but it certainly is among the biggest.

And as it happens, I absolutely hate cinematic gaming, and I cant think of many, if any cinematic games that I like.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

Not at all, Half Life was one of the games that pushed gaming towards cinematic design. Of course, there are games that have pushed gaming towards the direction further along after half life, but Half Life was still one of the major stones towards the popularization of the cinematic playstyle. I wouldnt say it is the biggest though, but it certainly is among the biggest.

And as it happens, I absolutely hate cinematic gaming, and I cant think of many, if any cinematic games that I like.

Half Life is cinematic(by modern day gaming standards at least) in a very loose way. the game tells its story entirely in gameplay while rarely taking control away from the player.

And going by that loose definition there are plenty of "cinematic" games that are pretty good. The batman games, Resident Evil 4, or even something like Bayonetta in cinematic in nature at the least with its story telling, or even gameplay segments(duh quick time events). And plenty of people like Shenmue, I think liking that game makes you gay, but whatever dudes f*ck dudes these days and it isn't forwned upon. I'm not intolerant.

Are there offensive games that swing too far with that "cinematic" approach like Max Payne 3? sure, but that label is a lot broader than people realize, and isn't nearly as responisble for an unsatisfying game as people make it out to be.

Nothing that is wrong with Half Life 2 is a by product of its cinematic nature either. The combine are lame, because they are dull AI, the combat isn't nearly as satisfying because the gunplay is average at best, the opening of that game is tedious because everything that game makes you do before ravenholm is a f*cking chore.

And in Half Life 1s case? God bless that game, without that game we'd still be getting a bunch of doom clones, and as fun as Duke Nukem 3D kind of still is(aged pretty lousy): Doom clones are really f*cking lame and mind numbing.

So yeah: stupid statement.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Maroxad
[QUOTE="Maroxad"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

jg4xchamp

Half Life is cinematic(by modern day gaming standards at least) in a very loose way. the game tells its story entirely in gameplay while rarely taking control away from the player.

And going by that loose definition there are plenty of "cinematic" games that are pretty good. The batman games, Resident Evil 4, or even something like Bayonetta in cinematic in nature at the least with its story telling, or even gameplay segments(duh quick time events). And plenty of people like Shenmue, I think liking that game makes you gay, but whatever dudes f*ck dudes these days and it isn't forwned upon. I'm not intolerant.

Are there offensive games that swing too far with that "cinematic" approach like Max Payne 3? sure, but that label is a lot broader than people realize, and isn't nearly as responisble for an unsatisfying game as people make it out to be.

Nothing that is wrong with Half Life 2 is a by product of its cinematic nature either. The combine are lame, because they are dull AI, the combat isn't nearly as satisfying because the gunplay is average at best, the opening of that game is tedious because everything that game makes you do before ravenholm is a f*cking chore.

And in Half Life 1s case? God bless that game, without that game we'd still be getting a bunch of doom clones, and as fun as Duke Nukem 3D kind of still is(aged pretty lousy): Doom clones are really f*cking lame and mind numbing.

So yeah: stupid statement.

While I will agree that by modern standards, Half Life is far from cinematic. But it was still considerably more cinematic than most of the other products around the same time.

I am pretty sure that even without Half Life, we would have had FPS push into other directions by now. Half Life 1 was a good game, but I am not sure I liked what it popularized. And Doom clones sure as hell are a lot more enjoyable than the modern shooter imo.

I didnt play Bayonetta, but I honestly didnt care much for the other games you listed. But you did make a point with Half Life 1, that game was actually good (meaning that is one cinematic game I like). Half Life 2 is a piece of shit though.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#105 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Even though Half Life 2 never technically took away control, they may as well have. during conversations, you couldn't do anything besides walk around... Hardly worth a damn.

still a good game IMO... Although the story and atmosphere are heavily overrated but I think the gameplay is fun and bloody. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jg4xchamp

While I will agree that by modern standards, Half Life is far from cinematic. But it was still considerably more cinematic than most of the other products around the same time. Maroxad

Cutscenes were already being abused by that time with stuff like Metal Gear Solid and oh that one big Nintendo game in 1998 what was it again? Oh right Ocarina of Time, and we weren't that far away from Shenmue and its nonsense. Half Life is purely interactive from beginning to end which does not match up with the general complaints about a cinematic game. You do not know the meaning of the words you are saying. 

I am pretty sure that even without Half Life, we would have had FPS push into other directions by now.

Conjecture at best, and a statement that can be made about any game that ever innovated

Half Life 1 was a good game, but I am not sure I liked what it popularized.

You mean the story telling format that's been used in Metroid Prime, Bioshock, Deus Ex, or we can even go non FPS and point out Shadow of the Colossus? It's one of the first games that said you could tell a narrative in a game without taking control away from the player.

And Doom clones sure as hell are a lot more enjoyable than the modern shooter imo.

If you like corridor crawl horse piss? sure it's certainly "more enjoyable". I don't really care for horse piss, so I don't tolerate the nonsense of either. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jg4xchamp

Even though Half Life 2 never technically took away control, they may as well have. during conversations, you couldn't do anything besides walk around... Hardly worth a damn.

still a good game IMO... Although the story and atmosphere are heavily overrated but I think the gameplay is fun and bloody. 

turtlethetaffer
Game is scripted sure, and is illusion breaking(largely because it's not remotely plausible, game is a f*cking theme park). But it conveys all of its information without forcing the player to not have any control. You can still largely ignore the story save a few segments, and even the game was rarely exposition heavy.

Either way the game wants to convey a narrative, and allowing the player to flat out break those segments would be a flaw you have to write around because the rest of that game doesn't work in the realm of "videogame logic" the way most gaming stories do.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Maroxad

Cutscenes were already being abused by that time with stuff like Metal Gear Solid and oh that one big Nintendo game in 1998 what was it again? Oh right Ocarina of Time, and we weren't that far away from Shenmue and its nonsense. Half Life is purely interactive from beginning to end which does not match up with the general complaints about a cinematic game. You do not know the meaning of the words you are saying. jg4xchamp

Ocarina of Time was HARDLY cinematic, there were a few cutscenes, but they werent all that many and most were not very long at all. MGS1 was very cinematic though, and I would argue that it was one of the few games that felt more cinematic than Half Life. Cutscenes are not the only way a game can be cinematic you know .

You mean the story telling format that's been used in Metroid Prime, Bioshock, Deus Ex, or we can even go non FPS and point out Shadow of the Colossus? It's one of the first games that said you could tell a narrative in a game without taking control away from the player. jg4xchamp

No I mean the very high emphasis on set pieces.

If you like corridor crawl horse piss? sure it's certainly "more enjoyable". I don't really care for horse piss, so I don't tolerate the nonsense of either.

jg4xchamp

Horse piss would be a good term to describe most modern fps.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 jg4xchamp
There is nothing wrong with a game having a heavy emphasis on set pieces. It all comes down to execution, and large scripted sequences Half Life has routinely done very well. Plenty of modern games(like say Crysis) have even gone to take those set pieces and add some options along the way as well. Not to mention scripted segments of games have been there since the dawn of time. That's such a silly complaint.

And I would say using a cutscene is far more "cinematic" game territory than a game that never relinquishes control away from the player. In that year alone it was the only game that told its story without taking control away, and that's a cinematic experience because it has scripted gameplay segments? Something those games have?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Is cinematic some sort of new SW buzzword? Because as far as I know "cinematic" just means the game's camera is placed like it would be in a movie.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Maroxad
There is nothing wrong with a game having a heavy emphasis on set pieces. It all comes down to execution, and large scripted sequences Half Life has routinely done very well. Plenty of modern games(like say Crysis) have even gone to take those set pieces and add some options along the way as well. Not to mention scripted segments of games have been there since the dawn of time. That's such a silly complaint.

And I would say using a cutscene is far more "cinematic" game territory than a game that never relinquishes control away from the player. In that year alone it was the only game that told its story without taking control away, and that's a cinematic experience because it has scripted gameplay segments? Something those games have?

jg4xchamp

I disagree heavily on the heavy emphasis on Set pieces bit. But I see this conversation is getting nowhere, we will have to agree to disagree, no need to derail this into a thread about Half Life.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

Is cinematic some sort of new SW buzzword? Because as far as I know "cinematic" just means the game's camera is placed like it would be in a movie.Aljosa23
cinematic is "to resemble cinema", so i guess SW has been bastardizing the word to the point that it's not anymore about camerawork or cutscenes, but CINEMATIC EXPERIENCES, or CINEMATIC GAMEPLAY, or CINEMATIC *insert anything you want to insult*

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Is cinematic some sort of new SW buzzword? Because as far as I know "cinematic" just means the game's camera is placed like it would be in a movie.BrunoBRS

cinematic is "to resemble cinema", so i guess SW has been bastardizing the word to the point that it's not anymore about camerawork or cutscenes, but CINEMATIC EXPERIENCES, or CINEMATIC GAMEPLAY, or CINEMATIC *insert anything you want to insult*

I think it refers to games trying to be interactive action movies, which, you have to admit, is happening alot these days, for better or worse. 

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Maroxad
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Is cinematic some sort of new SW buzzword? Because as far as I know "cinematic" just means the game's camera is placed like it would be in a movie.turtlethetaffer

I think it refers to games trying to be interactive action movies, which, you have to admit, is happening alot these days, for better or worse.

Pretty much this. Except not necessarily action movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Is cinematic some sort of new SW buzzword? Because as far as I know "cinematic" just means the game's camera is placed like it would be in a movie.turtlethetaffer

But...weren't video games always that? :P
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Is cinematic some sort of new SW buzzword? Because as far as I know "cinematic" just means the game's camera is placed like it would be in a movie.Maroxad

Pretty much this. Except not necessarily action movies.

Well, most of the ones that do it are like action movies :P  Basically, games that try to imitate movies. I personally think games can be so much more, but that's what sells these days. 

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Total War games ODST Gears 3
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Total War games

Heil68

Pffft...

2deep4u

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#119 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Dont even waste your time on Maroxad. I've learnt that he/she/it has way too many double standards, loves the use of hyperboles and drawing off forum posts/rumor mills over experiencing the game for him/herself. He is also a known Valve hater on the PC forums that thinks Portal is a garbage game. 

-

And I love the complaints about teh cinematics. In the last 2 months i've played a 3 Strategy games, 2 RPGs (Single and Online), A Fighting game, 3 Sports games, a Racing game and two Action games. 3 of them had cutscenes (One being a beloved 3DS Nintendo game here). Only one had a sharp focus on cinematics. 

Gotta love the harcoar gaming perspective. The complaint that 'cinematics are taking over the industry' is nonsense. It's your problem for only playing action games, in which many titles owe it to themselves to creating set-pieces.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 turtlethetaffer

Dont even waste your time on Maroxad. I've learnt that he/she/it has way too many double standards, loves the use of hyperboles and drawing off forum posts/rumor mills over experiencing the game for him/herself. He is also a known Valve hater on the PC forums that thinks Portal is a garbage game. 

-

And I love the complaints about teh cinematics. In the last 2 months i've played a 3 Strategy games, 2 RPGs (Single and Online), A Fighting game, 3 Sports games, a Racing game and two Action games. 3 of them had cutscenes (One being a beloved 3DS Nintendo game here). Only one had a sharp focus on cinematics. 

Gotta love the harcoar gaming perspective. The complaint that 'cinematics are taking over the industry' is nonsense. It's your problem for only playing action games, in which many titles owe it to themselves to creating set-pieces.

illmatic87

Hit the nail on the head. It's the fact that the well known games are basically interactive action movies that makes people b!tch and moan, but, really, there's a huge variety of really great games that aren't just shooting and cut scenes. 

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Maroxad

-

illmatic87

1. Everything is fine to some extent, but the problem is when things go out of balance or when there arent any things to make up for said flaw. You may say that it is a double standard with my absolute distain for Guild Wars 2's abbysmal post launch support (with me overlooking GW1 for having the same issue), but here are 2 things about that, 1. I didnt play GW1 until a few months before the release of Nightfall. 2. Guild Wars 1 had a lot more depth than GW2 which means I could entertain myself for a longer ammount of time with what they had.

2. Set pieces are fine to some extent, again, the problem with a lot of games, action games particulary is that they lean too much towards the use of set pieces nowdays.

3. My opinion is getting closer and closer to a site that shall not be named when it comes to video game tastes. I am getting increasingly more cynical and harder to please too

4. It is true that I do not like modern Valve games, I did like Team Fortress 2 (well, until the charm went out) and Half Life 1. I also think that conceptually Portal is a great game, well written too, but I did find the game a bit too much on the easy side, but there are those challenges I never tried, but by then any interst I had was gone. The sequel bored me to tears about an hour in (singleplayer wise), the multiplayer I had to force myself to finish and that was only because of my friend who really wanted to play it with me >.>.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

illmatic87

Stopped taking them seriously when they tried convincing me that StarCraft II isn't a deep RTS and has no "tactics".

NEVER FORGET 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jg4xchamp
I just think it's really f*cking stupid to bitch about something by using words you don't know the definition.

It's like when System Wars plebs use shit like pretentious. That word does not mean what you think it means.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Maroxad
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]

Aljosa23

Stopped taking them seriously when they tried convincing me that StarCraft II isn't a deep RTS and has no "tactics".

NEVER FORGET

I never said any of those things, StarCraft 2 has a lot of depth (there is a reason I like HotS so much), and there is a reason new builds are still being discovered today.

I said it has tactics too that strategy in SC2 was more important and there are more tactical RTS out there. Particulary thinking of Total War, and Company of Heroes.

But if you want to continue the definition, how about this,

Strategy: The Units you train, where you send them, your train order, your build, scouting.
Tactics: Where you place your buildings, what direction to approach the enemy and how you use your units in combat.

Both of them are important as you can see, but I am sure you will agree that the stuff covering the strategy part is more important. And that was pretty much all I was saying.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts
What the hell happened in the last page of this thread? Sure Half life is overrated a bit but calling it a bubonic plague on modern gaming? :? at the time half life 2 was fvcking incredible, it just hasn't aged AS welll as some of the fanboys think. 
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Maroxad

What the hell happened in the last page of this thread? Sure Half life is overrated a bit but calling it a bubonic plague on modern gaming? :? at the time half life 2 was fvcking incredible, it just hasn't aged AS welll as some of the fanboys think. seanmcloughlin

Just having a bit of fun.

Also, I said that cinematic gaming and the emphasis on set pieces is it and by that I basicly mean the worst thing imo to happen gaming.

Half Life 2, as much as I dislike it, at least didnt employ health regen and 2 weapon rules.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

FF Tactics - never saw anything special about this game honestly. Didn't care much for the combat for whatever reason. Also found the story incredibly hard to follow. Not a bad game, though not one I found to be that amazing myself. And while I'm at it, I found the GBA game to be lame.

Shadow of the Colossus - it was "good" I thought, but not the greatest game of all time like others may say. I loved the story, atmosphere, art-style, and by god I loved the music, and the colossus fights were fun, but the actual controls and camera could be frustrating, and I wish the game could have offered a bit more outside the colossus fights other than killing puny lizards and collecting fruit. Also I felt ripped off in that a couple of the colossi weren't even bigger than an elephant.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - One of my least favorite "Metroidvania" castlevania games. Didn't wow me like SOTN did and didn't engage me like any castlevania after it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]What the hell happened in the last page of this thread? Sure Half life is overrated a bit but calling it a bubonic plague on modern gaming? :? at the time half life 2 was fvcking incredible, it just hasn't aged AS welll as some of the fanboys think. Maroxad

Also, I said that cinematic gaming and the emphasis on set pieces is it and by that I basicly mean the worst thing imo to happen gaming.

Half Life 2, as much as I dislike it, at least didnt employ health regen and 2 weapon rules.

Set pieces and cinematic focus are not really the problem, it's when a game takes control away from you to show off the set pieces then it becomes a problem. Half life 2 even though it had a good few set pieces left you in full control of them and didn't really hold your hand the whole way through the game. 

A game like Half life 2's idea of set pieces and cinematic influence are far different to what a modern game like say, Tomb Raider's idea of it are. TR wrestles control from you all the damn time.

I wouldn't say Half life 2 did this, I'd say it's Uncharted/God of War's idea of set pieces and cinematic style that did it to modern games

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Maroxad
[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]What the hell happened in the last page of this thread? Sure Half life is overrated a bit but calling it a bubonic plague on modern gaming? :? at the time half life 2 was fvcking incredible, it just hasn't aged AS welll as some of the fanboys think. seanmcloughlin

Set pieces and cinematic focus are not really the problem, it's when a game takes control away from you to show off the set pieces then it becomes a problem. Half life 2 even though it had a good few set pieces left you in full control of them and didn't really hold your hand the whole way through the game.

A game like Half life 2's idea of set pieces and cinematic influence are far different to what a modern game like say, Tomb Raider's idea of it are. TR wrestles control from you all the damn time.

I wouldn't say Half life 2 did this, I'd say it's Uncharted/God of War's idea of set pieces and cinematic style that did it to modern games

Perhaps, I was just saying that Half Life was a stepping stone. What Half Life 2 does is extremely tolerable compared to what we have today.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
DEFINITELY lol of war. Silly khoof.
Brown9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Brown9
Member since 2012 • 949 Posts

FF Tactics - never saw anything special about this game honestly. Didn't care much for the combat for whatever reason. Also found the story incredibly hard to follow. Not a bad game, though not one I found to be that amazing myself. And while I'm at it, I found the GBA game to be lame.

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - One of my least favorite "Metroidvania" castlevania games. Didn't wow me like SOTN did and didn't engage me like any castlevania after it.

DJ-Lafleur

After playing Tactics Ogre, I was just completely disillusioned with FF Tactics, personally. Before, it was one of my favorite spin off titles. It's just amazingly lame by comparison, and kinda sad so many people jump on the FFT bandwagon without giving TO a second glance.

As for CotM, it was the first Metroidvania I played, so there's nostalgia attached to it. I like the OST for this one more than the other games, personally. 

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Maroxad
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Brown9

After playing Tactics Ogre, I was just completely disillusioned with FF Tactics, personally. Before, it was one of my favorite spin off titles. It's just amazingly lame by comparison, and kinda sad so many people jump on the FFT bandwagon without giving TO a second glance.

As for CotM, it was the first Metroidvania I played, so there's nostalgia attached to it. I like the OST for this one more than the other games, personally.

While at work, my friend snatched my PSP and started playing TO LUCT.

Later on I decided to bring FFT with me, he snatched that too and was left sorely disappointed, he said it was nowhere near as good as the TO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Any Castlevania games after Symphony of the Night are terrible. 

100% fact, source: me 

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#134 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Aljosa23
Bloody awful opinion you got there
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="Brown9"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Maroxad

Later on I decided to bring FFT with me, he snatched that too and was left sorely disappointed, he said it was nowhere near as good as the TO.

For me I think it bis Fire Emblem that disillusions me to FFT.

I do need to get the PSP Tactics Ogre game though. 

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts

I'd say Uncharted 3, It's a good game but i enjoyed the previous 2 more, franchise fatigue i guess or it's just isn't as good as 1 and 2, Uncharted 2 is the best in the series.

I'd say Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 1 > Uncarted 3.

Uncharted 3 is a good game. 

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Maroxad
[QUOTE="Maroxad"][QUOTE="Brown9"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

DJ-Lafleur

For me I think it bis Fire Emblem that disillusions me to FFT.

I do need to get the PSP Tactics Ogre game though.

I dont work anymore (I study instead), but if I ever invite him over he might snatch my 3DS and start playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. Which will further disillusion him.

Brown9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Brown9

Aljosa23

Order of Ecclesia and Aria of Sorrow would like to have a word with you. 

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Brown9

^^ What this guy said. I'd also throw Dawn of Sorrow at the very least into the mix. Although I like aria better. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Brown9

Meh, don't care about animu versions of Super Metroid For Babies.

CASTLEVANIA IV FOR LIFE 

Brown9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Brown9

CASTLEVANIA IV FOR LIFE 

Aljosa23

Nice try jumping ship to a Classicvania instead. 

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

CASTLEVANIA IV FOR LIFE 

Brown9

What's wrong with Classicvania? Super castlevania IV and Chronicles are both very good. The others are admittedly meh though.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Brown9"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

CASTLEVANIA IV FOR LIFE 

DJ-Lafleur

What's wrong with Classicvania? Super castlevania IV and Chronicles are both very good. The others are admittedly meh though.

he dismisses the metroidvanias post SotN, then when confronted, runs to a classicvania.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Brown9"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

CASTLEVANIA IV FOR LIFE 

BrunoBRS

he dismisses the metroidvanias post SotN, then when confronted, runs to a classicvania.

Because I dislike what the series has become? I thought that was obvious
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Brown9"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

CASTLEVANIA IV FOR LIFE 

Aljosa23

Because I dislike what the series has become? I thought that was obvious

hey, i'm not part of the argument, i'm just translating brown's statement.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Blabadon

Shadow of the Colossus - it was "good" I thought, but not the greatest game of all time like others may say. I loved the story, atmosphere, art-style, and by god I loved the music, and the colossus fights were fun, but the actual controls and camera could be frustrating, and I wish the game could have offered a bit more outside the colossus fights other than killing puny lizards and collecting fruit. Also I felt ripped off in that a couple of the colossi weren't even bigger than an elephant.

DJ-Lafleur
But the smallest colossi were the scariest besides number 6
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="Brown9"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Aljosa23

CASTLEVANIA IV FOR LIFE 

Order of Ecclesia's art styIe is heavily gothic.

shanoa-the-main-character-in-castlevania 

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Blabadon

why would #6 be scary?

i found the lion to be really fun to fight.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Blabadon
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

BrunoBRS

why would #6 be scary?

#6's fight deals with one of my biggest fears that isn't family-related.

The lion and the bull were amazing. The lion's fight made me shriek like a little girl plenty of times 

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

Blabadon

why would #6 be scary?

#6's fight deals with one of my biggest fears that isn't family-related.

The lion and the bull were amazing. The lion's fight made me shriek like a little girl plenty of times 

fear of oversized bearded men chasing you?

the fish colossus was bad for me. as in, scary.