Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

This is the thread where we can share about anything related to movies and TV.

I am a huge movie buff. I am a huge fan of Martin Scorcese, Quentin Tarantino and Cristopher Nolan films.

On TV How I Met Your Mother, Burn Notice and Californication are my favorite shows. Two and a half Men also used to be my favorite but with recent news on production house deciding to kick Charlie Sheen out over his messand deciding to do a reboot of the show, I am not so keen on watching it further. I dunno if show will be same without him. Still there are better shows out there :P

So share your tastes in movie and TV shows, tell us what you watched recently etc.

....Oh and I forgot I got DVD's for Desperado and Once Upon a Time In Mexico so I am watching that this weekend :D 

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Television and movie discussion- In a my little pony union, I can see where this is going: My little pony friendship is magic everywhere.  :lol:

Other than that, the new torchwood was Ok, the american actors weren't as bad as I thought they would be, and it clearly had a higher budget so I think I will continue watching the series.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sandulf29
Why can't we watch other shows and movies too :P
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts
Im watching torchwood on iplayer now [when i say watching i mean waiting for it to load :evil:]
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Overlord93
Im watching torchwood on iplayer now [when i say watching i mean waiting for it to load :evil:]noxboxlive
haha, yeah, I often go off and do something else whilst I wait for it to load (if I have it on HD) But it's really annoying because maximising/un-maximising it loses your buffer history :x
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts
:lol: im at the part where they are trying to take the head of the guy that exploded, Everyones like :o
MasonLovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasonLovak
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

I don't watch much TV, but I am a big movie buff :lol:

I've got an ever growing collection of DVD's and Blu-rays. I'm buying more blu-rays than DVD's these days.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sandulf29

I've got an ever growing collection of DVD's and Blu-rays. I'm buying more blu-rays than DVD's these days.

MasonLovak

What kinda movies do you like?

I just got entire Star Wars DVD set, was watching it last week. 

MasonLovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MasonLovak
[QUOTE="MasonLovak"]

Sandulf29

What kinda movies do you like?

Action, Thriller, Suspense, Horror etc.

ninjaX226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ninjaX226
Member since 2007 • 5460 Posts

Not much of a movie person, but cartoons are basically my life~

Other then the obvious My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, I am a huge fan of things like Adventure Time, Regular Show, the Amazing World of Gumball, Dan Vs, family Guy, Bobs Burgers, Simpsoms, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Phineas and Ferb, and much more. Them and action shows like Young ustice, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Batman, Iron Man, G.I. Joe Renegades, Transformers Prime. Heck, I'm just an animation fan in general xD

Also a huge fan of Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory, The Daily Show, and the Colbert Report~

MasonLovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MasonLovak

Not much of a movie person, but cartoons are basically my life~

Other then the obvious My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, I am a huge fan of things like Adventure Time, Regular Show, the Amazing World of Gumball, Dan Vs, family Guy, Bobs Burgers, Simpsoms, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Phineas and Ferb, and much more. Them and action shows like Young ustice, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Batman, Iron Man, G.I. Joe Renegades, Transformers Prime. Heck, I'm just an animation fan in general xD

Also a huge fan of Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory, The Daily Show, and the Colbert Report~

ninjaX226

How old are you?

ninjaX226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ninjaX226

Well, I don't like to disclose too much personal information online, but I will say I'm old enough to regrow a full beard after a complete shave in only two days :P

While I'm posting, I am fan of old school sci-fi movies like the original Star Wars Trilogy, Back to the Future, The original Star Trek mvoies( along with being a big fan of the show).

Some other faves of mine would be Fight Club and Dark Knight~

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#13 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

I'm not much of a TV person sadly, other then MLP and Phineas and Ferb, but occasionally I'll go on the History Channel. :P

Also not a big movie person, but I've been watching more then usual lately, so we'll see how that goes.

And wow you watch a lot of stuff ninja, what would you say are the best cartoons? :P 

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts
Well I can state some of my favorite movies I guess. Goldfinger, The Godfather Pt. 1 and 2, The Great Escape, Jet Li's Fearless, Police Story 1 and 2, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 and 2, and I could go on but I will stop. As for TV shows. MLP: Friendship is Magic, NCIS, White Collar, House, The Sopranos, How it's made, and yet again I could go on.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Anyone else looking forward to peter jackson's "The Hobbit"? Hopefully it will be as good as teh book.

My favourite tv show is The daily show :3

Because it's funny, and jon stewart is jewish and jewish people are funny :x 

ninjaX226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ninjaX226

My favourite tv show is The daily show :3

parkurtommo
You are an ally!

Shy Guy Red: My Litlle Pont Friendship is magic of course :P That and Adventure Time :D
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shy_Guy_Red
Oh, Adventure Time, hm, I've seen a few episodes of it, didn't really like it a lot, but maybe I'll watch some more eps later.
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sandulf29

I got Internal Affairs. Will wath it today or tomorrow depending upon free time I get 

Well I can state some of my favorite movies I guess. Goldfinger, The Godfather Pt. 1 and 2, The Great Escape, Jet Li's Fearless, Police Story 1 and 2, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 and 2, and I could go on but I will stop. As for TV shows. MLP: Friendship is Magic, NCIS, White Collar, House, The Sopranos, How it's made, and yet again I could go on. CHOASXIII

You listed up there many of my favorite movies. Quentin Tarantino is awesome 8) 

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I got Internal Affairs. Will wath it today or tomorrow depending upon free time I get 

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]Well I can state some of my favorite movies I guess. Goldfinger, The Godfather Pt. 1 and 2, The Great Escape, Jet Li's Fearless, Police Story 1 and 2, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 and 2, and I could go on but I will stop. As for TV shows. MLP: Friendship is Magic, NCIS, White Collar, House, The Sopranos, How it's made, and yet again I could go on. Sandulf29

Indeed, which reminds me...I forgot Inglorious Basterds.  

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Overlord93
[QUOTE="Sandulf29"]

[QUOTE="CHOASXIII"]Well I can state some of my favorite movies I guess. Goldfinger, The Godfather Pt. 1 and 2, The Great Escape, Jet Li's Fearless, Police Story 1 and 2, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 and 2, and I could go on but I will stop. As for TV shows. MLP: Friendship is Magic, NCIS, White Collar, House, The Sopranos, How it's made, and yet again I could go on. CHOASXIII

I don't think I've watched any of the shows there, except FiM obviously :/

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 n33d2skate
Member since 2009 • 5069 Posts
I love movies. I actually want to study filmography. My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Favorite show is LOST. Mad Men, King of the Hill, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Band Of Brothers are other favorites.
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

I don't really watch much tv, but my favorites are Firefly, Game of Thrones, Band of Brothers and the first season of Heroes. I'm more into action and drama series, all I really like in terms of comedy is King of the Hill, Futurama, and the funny bits in Firefly (and Friendship is Magic, of course).

I absolutely LOVE movies, though. My favorite directors are Werner Herzog, Stanley Kubrick, and Akira Kurosawa. My favorite movies of all time include 2001: A Space Odyssey, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, Rashomon, Let the Right One In, and Inglourious Basterds. My favorite comedy of all time is either Airplane! or I Love You, Man.

So, yeah, Friendship is Magic is a bit out of place for me :P

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts
I used to watch george lopez but i don't want tv anymore
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 n33d2skate

I don't really watch much tv, but my favorites are Firefly, Game of Thrones, Band of Brothers and the first season of Heroes. I'm more into action and drama series, all I really like in terms of comedy is King of the Hill, Futurama, and Firefly (and Friendship is Magic, of course).

I absolutely LOVE movies, though. My favorite directors are Werner Herzog, Stanley Kubrick, and Akira Kurosawa. My favorite movies of all time include 2001: A Space Odyssey, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, Rashomon, Let the Right One In, and Inglourious Basterds. My favorite comedy of all time is either Airplane! or I Love You, Man.

So, yeah, Friendship is Magic is a bit out of place for me :P

MetroidPrimePwn
Firefly? Shiny.
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sandulf29
I love movies. I actually want to study filmography. My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Favorite show is LOST. Mad Men, King of the Hill, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Band Of Brothers are other favorites.n33d2skate
Quentin Tarantino is the man 8)
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sandulf29

CHOASXIII
That was one awesome movie. The characters Hans Landa and Aldo the Apache were so memorable. Grweat performances by both actors
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 n33d2skate
[QUOTE="n33d2skate"]I love movies. I actually want to study filmography. My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Favorite show is LOST. Mad Men, King of the Hill, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Band Of Brothers are other favorites.Sandulf29
Quentin Tarantino is the man 8)

Alot of people hate him because his movies can be strange, but I love them. Plus, he started out working in a movie rental store and started making awesome movies.
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sandulf29

Alot of people hate him because his movies can be strange, but I love them. Plus, he started out working in a movie rental store and started making awesome movies.n33d2skate
this is the first time I am hearing people hating him :lol: People always love his movies. Not strange but different movies. Who couldn't love Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill series, Desperado, Inglorious Basterds etc.

I also love Martin Scorcese and Cristopher Nolan movies.

Yesterday I made my friend watch Prestige 8) 

n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 n33d2skate

[QUOTE="n33d2skate"]Alot of people hate him because his movies can be strange, but I love them. Plus, he started out working in a movie rental store and started making awesome movies.Sandulf29

this is the first time I am hearing people hating him :lol: People always love his movies. Not strange but different movies. Who couldn't love Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill series, Desperado, Inglorious Basterds etc.

I also love Martin Scorcese and Cristopher Nolan movies.

Yesterday I made my friend watch Prestige 8) 

People who don't know good films. Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan are awesome. Their face probably melted because it was so good.
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shy_Guy_Red
I finally saw Memento and wow, that was amazing! What a fantastic movie, I can't believe how good that was.
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 n33d2skate
I finally saw Memento and wow, that was amazing! What a fantastic movie, I can't believe how good that was.Shy_Guy_Red
Wrong union. This is union 304. You were in here last week but I rented you a union above this one. U SEE WAT I DID THAR!?!!!1
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shy_Guy_Red
I'm not entirely sure but I think so. xD
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 n33d2skate
I'm not entirely sure but I think so. xDShy_Guy_Red
Memento.
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sandulf29
I finally saw Memento and wow, that was amazing! What a fantastic movie, I can't believe how good that was.Shy_Guy_Red
I thought it was okay. Story execution was great ut plot was a bit unsensible.
[QUOTE="Shy_Guy_Red"]I finally saw Memento and wow, that was amazing! What a fantastic movie, I can't believe how good that was.n33d2skate
Wrong union. This is union 304. You were in here last week but I rented you a union above this one. U SEE WAT I DID THAR!?!!!1

Oh I see
JensonHurasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JensonHurasha
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts
I just watched the new Thundercats show and it was totally awesome!
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sandulf29
I just watched the new Thundercats show and it was totally awesome!JensonHurasha
What do you mean by new Thundercats?
JensonHurasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JensonHurasha
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts

[QUOTE="JensonHurasha"]I just watched the new Thundercats show and it was totally awesome!Sandulf29
What do you mean by new Thundercats?

Its a reboot of the series done by Studio 4C.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sandulf29
I don't think it will be as good as original. May give it a try someday for nostalgia
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts

Movie that's being released on the 19th of August in the states - Fright Night (remake).

I am TOTALLY going to watch this. Not because Colin Farrel plays a vampire, or because it's going to be a hilarious gory film, but also because David Tennant is finally going back on the big screen - something he sadly didn't get much screentime on since his last film (Harry Potter 4)

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Deihjan

Seriously, take a look at some of the Fright Night clips with David Tennant.

So awesome!

TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TwiddleChimp
Member since 2011 • 1878 Posts

There aren't many movies I'm really looking forward to... I need to get doing a search.

I'm NOT looking forward to the US remake of Death Note... ANGER!

meconate

Woah, wait, what?  Oh, this can't end well! 

I never got around to watching the Japanese live action movies.  If you have, how are they in your opinion?

And related to Thundercats (2011 series): I really enjoyed the hour-long premiere, and so far the two last episodes have been good, but I felt the pacing was a little off.  The events seem to go by too quickly.  But aside from that, the animation is awesome and I've liked the show overall. 

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Overlord93
I haven't read death note but the live action made me wtf. I liked the concept, but the characters seemed a little rediculous.
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shy_Guy_Red

Wait wait there's a US remake of Death Note!?

*insert Spike's nooooooooooooooooooooooo here* 

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Deihjan
I haven't read death note but the live action made me wtf. I liked the concept, but the characters seemed a little rediculous.Overlord93
the anime was total garbage after what happened to L...
n33d2skate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 n33d2skate
Anyone watch Breaking Bad?
TwiddleChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TwiddleChimp
Member since 2011 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="TwiddleChimp"][QUOTE="meconate"]

There aren't many movies I'm really looking forward to... I need to get doing a search.

meconate

Woah, wait, what?  Oh, this can't end well! 

I never got around to watching the Japanese live action movies.  If you have, how are they in your opinion?

Damn it! I wrote out quite a big article and my internet crashed and removed it all...

Anyway, long story short. I'm a huge Death Note fan, you only have to see the amount of merchandise I own to see that. However, I did enjoy the Japanese live-action movies, even though there were a few things I could really pick at, such as the major plots being completely avoided.

All in all, there are many reasons why the U.S version will not work. Death Note was set in Japan for a reason, and whoever thought a U.S remake was a good idea is gonna have to do a LOT of explaining, plot avoiding and disappointed hardcore fans.

I don't trust North America to make adaptations of great anime, ever since I saw what become of Blood: The Last Vampire.

Thanks for the reply on the Japanese adaptations.  I'll check them out sometime. 

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sandulf29

meconate

Martin Scorcese newest flick may be coming this year. Nothing less expected from martin Scorcese. Plus The Dark Knight Rises is also coming. Never was into anime, so not looking forward to Death Note.Â