DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts
What in your opinion is the worst Final Fantasy Lead character, please post more information on your views below, additionally post if your disliked lead was not present in the answer key (I chose the most mainstream FF leads in case you were wondering). The characters are in order of appearance in the FF series
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Firts, love the topic! We always have the best, but now we can also have the worst to^^

I have to say Squall, i just didn't like him. Well ok i did. But they are all so great:P Tidus is my fav! He not the stereo type in my eyes like Squall and Cloud was. And Zidane was just so freaking cool! haha! Squall is a great lead Character but he's the worst in my eyes! Sorry to say it, but yes:P
ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ILuvCharmed1s
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
I think most results will be Squall Zidane or Tidus cuz every1 seems to really like Cloud and not everyone has played XII yet (I can;t wait til after xmas and its out) Well I say Tidus cuz I haven't played IX or XII and I like Squall and Cloud as characters. I was glad you didn't have to use Tidus in battle all the time.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts

Zidane, i don't like him :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
While Squall and Cloud both blow, I gotta go with Tidus. Screw that whiney bastard
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 trcradical
Member since 2005 • 379 Posts

Cloud is too badass to be the worst.

Zidane was so much of a flirt, so he's excluded.

And Tidus and Vaan are basically real-like people thrown into these situations.

So I have to go with Squall. I just hated how so often in the game he just doesn't give a damn about anyone else, and answers "whatever..." to everything. People may think he's badass, but I think he's that minus the 'bad' part.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fs_metal

So I have to go with Squall. I just hated how so often in the game he just doesn't give a damn about anyone else, and answers "whatever..." to everything. People may think he's badass, but I think he's that minus the 'bad' part.

trcradical

Your reasoning for not liking Squall makes me wonder why you like Cloud.

P.S. Cloud is not a badass. A badass is someone like Solid Snake, Kain, Grey Fox, Auron or Jak

trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 trcradical

P.S. Cloud is not a badass. A badass is someone like Solid Snake, Kain, Grey Fox, Auron or Jak fs_metal
*shrugs* that's just my opinion

-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -weezer-
Member since 2006 • 1895 Posts
Tidus. He was cool, but I liked the others a lot more lol.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]P.S. Cloud is not a badass. A badass is someone like Solid Snake, Kain, Grey Fox, Auron or Jak trcradical

*shrugs* that's just my opinion

and your entitled to it :)

To share my view, I personally despise Zidane, for not only ruining FFIX :P but for his lack of personality, ^**(%ed appearance, and his abnormal style

Vaan also is deserving of my ire, just because he is probably one of the dumbest characters (personality wise), also hasnt anyone noticed he talks to himself WAY to much, its like he has a conversation with himself....I am sorry that just weird lolz

Overall its hard to judge the characters since they all of their faults

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fs_metal
Lack of personality and ruining FFIX? Did you play the same FFIX that I did?
Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
I vote for cloud, mainly becuase he didn't seem to have much of a personallity, I dislike many of the other leads, but they at least had somesort of character to them, something more redeeming then what cloud brought. Yeah I love ff7, but don't be blinded by the fact that cloud is not really that well developed.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DRUNK_CANADIAN

Lack of personality and ruining FFIX? Did you play the same FFIX that I did?fs_metal

yes I played the one and oonly FF IX, it was a pathetic FF game by my standards..this is my opinion...just like you hate FFVII although it seems to be the most popular of all the Final Fantasy games.....

Of the games I played FFIX in my opinion was a waste of time and money .....lets hope they never make a similar game again :P

the Blackmages were the only kool portion of FFIX

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Lack of personality and ruining FFIX? Did you play the same FFIX that I did?DRUNK_CANADIAN

yes I played the one and oonly FF IX, it was a pathetic FF game by my standards..this is my opinion...just like you hate FFVII although it seems to be the most popular of all the Final Fantasy games.....

Of the games I played FFIX in my opinion was a waste of time and money .....lets hope they never make a similar game again :P

I loved FFIX. It is number 3 on my ranking list of FF games
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FinalHorror
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Lack of personality and ruining FFIX? Did you play the same FFIX that I did?fs_metal

It's my nr 1:D I loved that game, so many told me the story was bad but i didn't think so. It was my first FF game:) And it's my nr 1:D
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trcradical
I don't believe Final Fantasy IX had the best gameplay, however what makes it so good, is that the story was very entertaining, there were a lot of points in the game that I would be laughing like crazy.
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
i think that squall is the worst fianl fantasy lead charter he was so misreble
Avatar image for McnabbsPHIeagle
McnabbsPHIeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 McnabbsPHIeagle
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

That's it ima say it righ f'n now FFVII is like the new york yankees, its on top , also you either Love em to death, are you hate the holy hell out of em, Any body who **** and moans about how FFVII is overated and etc. are just anal cuz it gets more attention from the gaming media than their favorite ff game! and btw cloud i dont know if cloud is a badass or not But,theres no way in hell he can be the worst lead char ever if he was in a game so popular as FVII Love it or leave it ****!!!

trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trcradical

That's it ima say it righ f'n now FFVII is like the new york yankees, its on top , also you either Love em to death, are you hate the holy hell out of em, Any body who **** and moans about how FFVII is overated and etc. are just anal cuz it gets more attention from the gaming media than their favorite ff game! and btw cloud i dont know if cloud is a badass or not But,theres no way in hell he can be the worst lead char ever if he was in a game so popular as FVII Love it or leave it ****!!!

McnabbsPHIeagle
ever heard of someone being entitled to having their own opinion?
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Lack of personality and ruining FFIX? Did you play the same FFIX that I did?FinalHorror

It's my nr 1:D I loved that game, so many told me the story was bad but i didn't think so. It was my first FF game:) And it's my nr 1:D

The story to FFIX is fantastic dude, and the CG is absoltely amazing. Bahamut vs. Alexander...and when all those creatures were flying out of the hole in the sky/. Amazing stuff
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
Tidus, mainly because he had that stupid inner monlogue to much, and he stopped every 5 seconds to ask a question and then decided an idea then decides that that idea is stupid, and whoever came up with it is stupid, rectifying his own stupidity.
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trcradical
So far, I'm very surprised that there have been no votes for Vaan. I surf around the PS2 forum here, and almost every FFXII topic has someone saying how gay Vaan is, and such. You'd figure one of those people would be here...
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
most ppl here havent played ff12
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FinalHorror
So true..I have it:P But can't play it^^ haha!
trcradical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trcradical
So true..I have it:P But can't play it^^ haha!FinalHorror
yes yes, we know about the travisty you have right now :P
paperfanofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 paperfanofdoom
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
Vaan. Tidus is also awful but he is way more bearable than the voice-cracked kid who got his wardrobe advice from Mark Foley.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts
Vaan. Tidus is also awful but he is way more bearable than the voice-cracked kid who got his wardrobe advice from Mark Foley.paperfanofdoom
:| then i think you'll dislike all the characters in FFXII, because ALL of them sound muffled. Must be something during localization or something. :lol: Come on, Vaan has a personality more 'advanced' than Tidus himself. I always think of Tidus as some sort of spoilt brat, because that's exactly how he sounds. As for Vaan, he's as near as a hero would go. Definitely a better person than Tidus. Not as m uch story as Tidus, but he certainly is stronger.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#28 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fs_metal
Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.gamingqueen
Vaan does have alot of personality, and he isn't whiney like Tidus,l which makes him better
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="FinalHorror"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Lack of personality and ruining FFIX? Did you play the same FFIX that I did?fs_metal

The story to FFIX is fantastic dude, and the CG is absoltely amazing. Bahamut vs. Alexander...and when all those creatures were flying out of the hole in the sky/. Amazing stuff

My main problems with FFIX ...just to justify my statements are that it's graphical style is not my favorable kind, the medival cross sensation I feel was handled badly and although I generally hate that style of FF I think FFXII did a good job on it, plus i hated the majority of the cast from FFIX and the story was a bit too ....well you know as I have dicussed it in depth on my other forum posts, its still a decent game, just not up to my FF standards

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DRUNK_CANADIAN

Vaan. Tidus is also awful but he is way more bearable than the voice-cracked kid who got his wardrobe advice from Mark Foley.paperfanofdoom

LOL SO DAMN TRUE :D personally I wasnt a big fan of Vaan however I HATE Zidane and therefore voted against him, Vaan was such a *** character....I didnt know they had cyborgs during in Dalmasca....especially cyborgs with no fashion style :P

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamingqueen

[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.fs_metal
Vaan does have alot of personality, and he isn't whiney like Tidus,l which makes him better

No ! I wish he had :( like some said I've never felt a connection between any of the characters and the game and myself ..

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="FinalHorror"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Lack of personality and ruining FFIX? Did you play the same FFIX that I did?DRUNK_CANADIAN

My main problems with FFIX ...just to justify my statements are that it's graphical style is not my favorable kind, the medival cross sensation I feel was handled badly and although I generally hate that style of FF I think FFXII did a good job on it, plus i hated the majority of the cast from FFIX and the story was a bit too ....well you know as I have dicussed it in depth on my other forum posts, its still a decent game, just not up to my FF standards

Of the 3 PSX games, it is the only one that is up to FF standards
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.gamingqueen

No ! I wish he had :( like some said I've never felt a connection between any of the characters and the game and myself ..

FFXII has the most well developed character of all the 3D games
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="FinalHorror"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

My main problems with FFIX ...just to justify my statements are that it's graphical style is not my favorable kind, the medival cross sensation I feel was handled badly and although I generally hate that style of FF I think FFXII did a good job on it, plus i hated the majority of the cast from FFIX and the story was a bit too ....well you know as I have dicussed it in depth on my other forum posts, its still a decent game, just not up to my FF standards

Of the 3 PSX games, it is the only one that is up to FF standards

Up to MY FF standards...

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.fs_metal

I admit the FFXII had a good cast, Fran was teh awesomness plus she was in FFTactics :D

But Vaan I find was a bland character, he does in a weird way remind me of myself now that I think of it, however his robot like qualities cannot be denied :P ....so perhaps if this is what they intended Vaan to be than I salute SE.....btw for the record the majority of all main FF characters are morons in my opinion :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.DRUNK_CANADIAN

I admit the FFXII had a good cast, Fran was teh awesomness plus she was in FFTactics :D

But Vaan I find was a bland character, he does in a weird way remind me of myself now that I think of it, however his robot like qualities cannot be denied :P ....so perhaps if this is what they intended Vaan to be than I salute SE.....btw for the record the majority of all main FF characters are morons in my opinion :P

He had more developement than Tidus, Cloud and Squall (which is like being the tallest midget in the circus, but that is beside the point)

As for the characters being morons, the only lead males that werent' were Cecil, Bartz and Zidane. That's it. That's all. There is those and no more. The rest of them have intellegence that is an insult to tad poles
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamingqueen
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.fs_metal

I admit the FFXII had a good cast, Fran was teh awesomness plus she was in FFTactics :D

He had more developement than Tidus, Cloud and Squall (which is like being the tallest midget in the circus, but that is beside the point)

As for the characters being morons, the only lead males that werent' were Cecil, Bartz and Zidane. That's it. That's all. There is those and no more. The rest of them have intellegence that is an insult to tad poles

No body really agrees with this statment outside of Fran's look and other silly points ... I will stop at this point because I hate to argue with people who just want to argue for the sake of it .. ciao

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mosespippy
Member since 2005 • 7501 Posts
I just don't like Vaan.  He has no personality.  Actually, I don't like a lot of the FFXII characters, but at least the gameplay is good, so it's still a good game.  I especially hate at the end of a boss fight when all the characters are doing their celabrations with their weapons, Penelo does her cool backflip and Vaan is just there drinking a bag of potion.  That looks stupid. 

Reks would have been a better main character.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamingqueen

I just don't like Vaan.  He has no personality.  Actually, I don't like a lot of the FFXII characters, but at least the gameplay is good, so it's still a good game.  I especially hate at the end of a boss fight when all the characters are doing their celabrations with their weapons, Penelo does her cool backflip and Vaan is just there drinking a bag of potion.  That looks stupid. 

Reks would have been a better main character.mosespippy

Someone speaks the truth ... thank you

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.gamingqueen

No body really agrees with this statment outside of Fran's look and other silly points ... I will stop at this point because I hate to argue with people who just want to argue for the sake of it .. ciao

actually Cecil is an exception, however Zidane is no different from many of the other main characters, except i think hes the worst :P

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="mosespippy"]I just don't like Vaan.  He has no personality.  Actually, I don't like a lot of the FFXII characters, but at least the gameplay is good, so it's still a good game.  I especially hate at the end of a boss fight when all the characters are doing their celabrations with their weapons, Penelo does her cool backflip and Vaan is just there drinking a bag of potion.  That looks stupid. 

Reks would have been a better main character.gamingqueen

Someone speaks the truth ... thank you

Actually i liked Reks.....they should have made him the main character and killed Vaan off in his stead

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Poki3
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts
While Squall and Cloud both blow, I gotta go with Tidus. Screw that whiney bastardfs_metal

I often don't agree with you (Kefka anyone? ^^; ) but this time I'll make an exception. Tidus WTL!
He acts like a 10 year old kid -_-

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fs_metal
[QUOTE="gamingqueen"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]Vaan- Tidus showed some emotions ... He was whiny ! yeah whiny is a trait while vaan had non.DRUNK_CANADIAN

actually Cecil is an exception, however Zidane is no different from many of the other main characters, except i think hes the worst :P

He had a good head on his shoulders, and he wasn't a whiney emo, which makes him better than Cloud, Tidus and Squall

The only reason Ff fans to no see the character developement in Final Fantasy XII is because they are used to having it hand fed to them via a character driven story. Nothing is hand fed to you in FFXII, but the characters do have alot of personality

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#46 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
All of them were great, this poll just boils down to personal preference. I picked Zidane not because he wasn't good but because I like the others a little bit more than than him is all. But that is all a boll is good for anyway isn't it, to find out who is most popular?
CoRiNi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 CoRiNi
Member since 2005 • 791 Posts

trcradical

that's the best thing about squall.
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#48 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
i voted for Tidus because I havent played FF12 yet, Im in love with Squall, Cloud is a given best (though not my fave), and Zidane is just plain fun. Not that I hate or dislike Tidus but for now I'll have to go with him. But Vaan looks like a sucky lead character though. It's his outfit!!!
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

He had a good head on his shoulders, and he wasn't a whiney emo, which makes him better than Cloud, Tidus and Squall

The only reason Ff fans to no see the character developement in Final Fantasy XII is because they are used to having it hand fed to them via a character driven story. Nothing is hand fed to you in FFXII, but the characters do have alot of personality

But what do you thnk of Vaan personality, I know the personalities exist, but was Vaan intended to be the boring one of the group, or did it just work out that way? I mean people are bland, just like people r whiney bastards like Tidus :P, so do you think it was intentional or no?

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="trcradical"]

CoRiNi

that's the best thing about squall.

Squall was unique in his own way like that, reminded of a little over the top Vincent though