FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Yes you was...Not something you need to do is it? Think about it;) And don't post in defence:)

Okey, back to topic guys:)

I stick with my Tidus:)
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Zidanes personality was changing faster than my weapons for him, and he was irratical in the gameplay as he possesed no real personality, he was kinda your I am teh best **** u all kind of personalities as well,

He also had the gayest character design known to mankind

He also made Vaan look normal....Zidane also lacked leadership qualities...being he was autocratic, and he seemed to be more of a childish character...with no serious portion to him....hell Super Mario Characters take the story more serious than Zidane

There are flip tiems when Zidane is emo though, liek his whole battle thing "i am not alone" is playing it the background....ohh hell do I really need to continue?

DRUNK_CANADIAN

He had a rock steady personality as a generally nice guy that shows concern for those that he loves and was a bit of a player

Tidus and Squall look much, much gayer than Zidane ever did

Vaan doesn't look as bad as people say he did/

He did not lack leadership qualities. He knew how to take charge, and knew how to get things done. He was the least childish character since FFVI. He was, however, more realistic because he wasn't constantly serious. He could take life seriously, but he could also be laid back and relaxed or joke arround.

Zidane was never emo. He had a strong spirit and a strong will something that characters like Tidus and Cloud lack

Your arguement is stupid, you say he is the least childish and than turn around and say he wasnt constantly serious and was an "out there" kind of character, more realistic...and no offense but his laid back moments were not properly placed...also Zidane was by far the gayest looking, I am sorry how can you justify the gay vest, the tail (ya i know you can justify the tail as part of the story) and the emo look he had on the cover of the bloody game case (backing), I am sorry he looks lke a douche, the crappy graphics in the game actually made him loook better, he wore those dumb ass gloves, like he was gardening or somthing, Zidanes personality is arguably real but than again Squalls, Clouds, Tidus and any other FF character...even Vaan are arguable real aswell, plus Zidane was not your caring individual..hell Tidus was probably one of the most caring..not saying hes great lol, thus also proving that your arguement is BS, you have constantly stated your anti-FFVII, FVIII, FX opinions over and over,,,,you just keep trolling and frankly it should come to an end for the good of the union, because I can just as easily troll FFXI to death...and if you continue so will I

My arguement is not stupid. I based it off of what the game presents as his personality. He is a fantastic and well rounded characters, where as the 2 that came before him weren't

Zidane didn't look gay or emo. I don't even know where you are getting that. It makes no sense

FFIX had the best graphics of the PSX FF games dude

Imagine a thief wearing gloves *rolls eyes*

Cloud had no personality. That isn't real. Squall had no personality. That's not real. Tidus whines too much to be real. You cannot argue about them being real. Vaan, on the other hand, could have an arguement in his favor

Zidane was very caring dude. His biggest concern in his life were his friends. I do not know what game you played, but it was not FFIX

All Tidus cared about was himself and how he had been treated in the past.

I just proved your arguement BS dude, You proved nothing.

I am not anti FFX dude. I liked the game. I liked the story. I liked Yuna, Wakka, Kihmari and Auron. The battle system was kind of fun for a while as well. I liked the sphere grid. It was a good character developement system

go log out of life lolz :P

The game was BS and garbage...the graphics i never argued the level wasnt good, for the PSone but hte type of "kiddy" or "midget" characters is BS

Additionally the majority will agree with me that FFVII is WAY better than FFIX so therefore I have statistical support, unlike you who have nothing (FFVIII on the other hand cannot be weighed aganst FFIX)

Squall had a personality, more than Zidane ever had, he was the loner style of character, you can argue that he wasa stupid character, but to argue that its not realistic is just plain bull****

I played FFIX and hate the game with a passion

AND the gloves r gay dumbass, they look like gardening gloves, almost all the characters in lead roles are wearing gloves...but ohh I am sry, your 2 busy flaming to play any of gthe games thoroughly

...freaking FFIX fanboy

The character design ws better than the generic anime stuff in FFVII and FFVIII.

Statistics prove nothing. Just as an example, millions of people love Nirvana, but if you ask most people with a real appreciation for real talent in the music, Nirvana isn't worth a damn (And I agree with this., Nirvana is not worth a damn). Just because it is the most popular, it does not mean that it is the best. There are many, many reasons to dislike FFVII, and many RPG hardcore gamers do not like it because of any number of the previously mentioned reasons. If I want a good, honest opinion on role playing games, I will not ask a hardcore FFVII fanboy/girl. I will ask an RPG hardcore. Hell, alot of hte FFVII fanbase don't even know what else is out there, so how can said opinion count when one has no knowledge of that one speaks? I believe IX to be better than VII. Many people I know agree with me. The fact that there are millions of fanboys blind to other RPGs that disagree with me does not make me wrong

All Squall ever did was say "whatever" which did not give him any personality. Zidane, on the other hand, was very lively throughout the whole of the story, which gave him personality. Advantage: Zidane

So you went from "Not my favorite" to "I hate it" just because I disagree with you. Pathetic reason dude. FFIX is a great game with a great story and some great characters. IT is everything FF should be

Don't call me a dumbass, dumbass. Why would a thief be picky about what type of gloves he or she wears? It does not matter. Grab some leather gloves or whatever. As long as they serve their purpose

It appears to me that you are the one that has not played the games thoroughly.

I am far removed from a FFIX fanboy
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 fs_metal
[QUOTE="FinalHorror"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Zidanes personality was changing faster than my weapons for him, and he was irratical in the gameplay as he possesed no real personality, he was kinda your I am teh best **** u all kind of personalities as well,

He also made Vaan look normal....Zidane also lacked leadership qualities...being he was autocratic, and he seemed to be more of a childish character...with no serious portion to him....hell Super Mario Characters take the story more serious than Zidane

There are flip tiems when Zidane is emo though, liek his whole battle thing "i am not alone" is playing it the background....ohh hell do I really need to continue?

DRUNK_CANADIAN

He had a rock steady personality as a generally nice guy that shows concern for those that he loves and was a bit of a player

He did not lack leadership qualities. He knew how to take charge, and knew how to get things done. He was the least childish character since FFVI. He was, however, more realistic because he wasn't constantly serious. He could take life seriously, but he could also be laid back and relaxed or joke arround.

Zidane was never emo. He had a strong spirit and a strong will something that characters like Tidus and Cloud lack

Your arguement is stupid, you say he is the least childish and than turn around and say he wasnt constantly serious and was an "out there" kind of character, more realistic...and no offense but his laid back moments were not properly placed...also Zidane was by far the gayest looking, I am sorry how can you justify the gay vest, the tail (ya i know you can justify the tail as part of the story) and the emo look he had on the cover of the bloody game case (backing), I am sorry he looks lke a douche, the crappy graphics in the game actually made him loook better, he wore those dumb ass gloves, like he was gardening or somthing, Zidanes personality is arguably real but than again Squalls, Clouds, Tidus and any other FF character...even Vaan are arguable real aswell, plus Zidane was not your caring individual..hell Tidus was probably one of the most caring..not saying hes great lol, thus also proving that your arguement is BS, you have constantly stated your anti-FFVII, FVIII, FX opinions over and over,,,,you just keep trolling and frankly it should come to an end for the good of the union, because I can just as easily troll FFXI to death...and if you continue so will I

My arguement is not stupid. I based it off of what the game presents as his personality. He is a fantastic and well rounded characters, where as the 2 that came before him weren't

Zidane didn't look gay or emo. I don't even know where you are getting that. It makes no sense

Cloud had no personality. That isn't real. Squall had no personality. That's not real. Tidus whines too much to be real. You cannot argue about them being real. Vaan, on the other hand, could have an arguement in his favor

Zidane was very caring dude. His biggest concern in his life were his friends. I do not know what game you played, but it was not FFIX

I am not anti FFX dude. I liked the game. I liked the story. I liked Yuna, Wakka, Kihmari and Auron. The battle system was kind of fun for a while as well. I liked the sphere grid. It was a good character developement system

The game was BS and garbage...the graphics i never argued the level wasnt good, for the PSone but hte type of "kiddy" or "midget" characters is BS

Additionally the majority will agree with me that FFVII is WAY better than FFIX so therefore I have statistical support, unlike you who have nothing (FFVIII on the other hand cannot be weighed aganst FFIX)

Squall had a personality, more than Zidane ever had, he was the loner style of character, you can argue that he wasa stupid character, but to argue that its not realistic is just plain bull****

AND the gloves r gay dumbass, they look like gardening gloves, almost all the characters in lead roles are wearing gloves...but ohh I am sry, your 2 busy flaming to play any of gthe games thoroughly

...freaking FFIX fanboy

Well i have one simple comment to the last comment you had
Freaking FFIX hater:evil:

But people we do not acpept this kind of behaviour so i will ask you to stop before i delete all the posts in you two guys fight about this...Tell who you think but do not flame eachother okey!?

but I was just feeding the troll!!!

....he was hungry LOLZ

You flamed. You are the troll. I was just defending one of my favorite FF characters
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Did you guys even listen to what i said!? This is not how an officer should be in his/her own union! Please do not make me say this all over again please!
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 fs_metal
It was all just a debate until he called me a dumbass
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

fs_metal

...freaking FFIX fanboy

The character design ws better than the generic anime stuff in FFVII and FFVIII.

Statistics prove nothing. Just as an example, millions of people love Nirvana, but if you ask most people with a real appreciation for real talent in the music, Nirvana isn't worth a damn (And I agree with this., Nirvana is not worth a damn). Just because it is the most popular, it does not mean that it is the best. There are many, many reasons to dislike FFVII, and many RPG hardcore gamers do not like it because of any number of the previously mentioned reasons. If I want a good, honest opinion on role playing games, I will not ask a hardcore FFVII fanboy/girl. I will ask an RPG hardcore. Hell, alot of hte FFVII fanbase don't even know what else is out there, so how can said opinion count when one has no knowledge of that one speaks? I believe IX to be better than VII. Many people I know agree with me. The fact that there are millions of fanboys blind to other RPGs that disagree with me does not make me wrong

All Squall ever did was say "whatever" which did not give him any personality. Zidane, on the other hand, was very lively throughout the whole of the story, which gave him personality. Advantage: Zidane

So you went from "Not my favorite" to "I hate it" just because I disagree with you. Pathetic reason dude. FFIX is a great game with a great story and some great characters. IT is everything FF should be

Don't call me a dumbass, dumbass. Why would a thief be picky about what type of gloves he or she wears? It does not matter. Grab some leather gloves or whatever. As long as they serve their purpose

ROFL do you listen to yourself? True just because things are more popular doesnt mean they are any better HOWEVER saying that the fanboys/gitrls are not good RPG gamers (not hardcore w.e) is the same as saying anyone who enjoys FFIX is likely homosexual....their is no proof, nor could it be proved in any way shape or form, plus you constantly critique FFVII, and you state FFIX as the best (or one of the best), you seem to, in your selection of games prefer the more medival (with airships of course :P) style of game, rather than the Sci-fi modern, I in turn like the opposite, the modern style games, and our defence, or hate towards characters seems to reflect the game more than the overall character flaws, however in my opinion Zidane is crap, in your opinion Tidus, Cloud and Squall are crap....personally it doesnt really matter because we are both entitled to our speech...so lets stop the hate and ...lol

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DRUNK_CANADIAN

It was all just a debate until he called me a dumbassfs_metal

that was because you failed to see that this is MY view on the character :P not urs, you can saw Cloud is dirty poo, who cares, notice I dont get super defensive when you attack Cloud or Squall or Tidus, or w.e, I can organize an arguement but I dont get like "into it", use a vague facts and keep it to a minor debate level...this thing just escalated 2 much

and FS_Metal....lets pwn FH :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]It was all just a debate until he called me a dumbassDRUNK_CANADIAN

that was because you failed to see that this is MY view on the character :P not urs, you can saw Cloud is dirty poo, who cares, notice I dont get super defensive when you attack Cloud or Squall or Tidus, or w.e, I can organize an arguement but I dont get like "into it", use a vague facts and keep it to a minor debate level...this thing just escalated 2 much

and FS_Metal....lets pwn FH :P

You refuse to see MY views on Zidane, so we are even
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

DRUNK_CANADIAN

...freaking FFIX fanboy

ROFL do you listen to yourself? True just because things are more popular doesnt mean they are any better HOWEVER saying that the fanboys/gitrls are not good RPG gamers (not hardcore w.e) is the same as saying anyone who enjoys FFIX is likely homosexual....their is no proof, nor could it be proved in any way shape or form, plus you constantly critique FFVII, and you state FFIX as the best (or one of the best), you seem to, in your selection of games prefer the more medival (with airships of course :P) style of game, rather than the Sci-fi modern, I in turn like the opposite, the modern style games, and our defence, or hate towards characters seems to reflect the game more than the overall character flaws, however in my opinion Zidane is crap, in your opinion Tidus, Cloud and Squall are crap....personally it doesnt really matter because we are both entitled to our speech...so lets stop the hate and ...lol

I listen to myself make good arguements.

Most of hte hardcore FFVII fanboys really don't know what else is out there. I have experienced this. I speak from personal experience, sir. I would mich rather get opinions of someone that is a true fan of RPGs than that.

No. FFVI and FFIV are the best. I really like FFIX, but it is not the best. I prefer FF to be mideval instead of sci fi because FF was meant to be as such. If Phantasy Star made a mideval game, I would not be happy;. Thank God that series doesn't steer THAT far from it's roots.

If you prefer the more modern or sci fi stype of games, why are you playing FF instead of Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean or Shin Megami Tensei?

I just do not see what is so greawt ab out Tetsuya Nomura. He makes games aimed at angsty teens, which is something that I am not. His stories seem simple to me. A person on the CAD forum said his games are "for simpletons" and, not to insult anyone, I pretty much agree with this sentiment. That's what his games seem like it me. I would much rather play more mature and more complex stories such as FFXII, Killer 7 or Metal Gear
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#110 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts

drunk canadian- i think your reason for disliking zidane is because he has a strong personality. he seems real enough to hate. in terra, he treats his friends like crap which was very suprising as it wouldnt be something he would normally do. zidane is my second favourite lead just because he seems more natural than MR C and MR S.

fs metal- did you know that nomura had a somewhat large role in the development of a certain area of FFVI.

i think the worst is fironiel just for being underdeveloped. my favourite is cecil.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 fs_metal
He helped design Setzer and Shadow, which are, far and away, my 2 favorite characters that he had any hand in.

Cut the characters from FFII a little slack. It was an NES game, after all. The Having any kind of character developement back then was a miracle :P

CECIL RULES!!!!!!!
eminem550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#112 eminem550
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
I hate Tidus, thats because he is not cool enough for Cloud or Squall
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

fs_metal

...freaking FFIX fanboy

I listen to myself make good arguements.

Most of hte hardcore FFVII fanboys really don't know what else is out there. I have experienced this. I speak from personal experience, sir. I would mich rather get opinions of someone that is a true fan of RPGs than that.

No. FFVI and FFIV are the best. I really like FFIX, but it is not the best. I prefer FF to be mideval instead of sci fi because FF was meant to be as such. If Phantasy Star made a mideval game, I would not be happy;. Thank God that series doesn't steer THAT far from it's roots.

If you prefer the more modern or sci fi stype of games, why are you playing FF instead of Xenogears, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean or Shin Megami Tensei?

I just do not see what is so greawt ab out Tetsuya Nomura. He makes games aimed at angsty teens, which is something that I am not. His stories seem simple to me. A person on the CAD forum said his games are "for simpletons" and, not to insult anyone, I pretty much agree with this sentiment. That's what his games seem like it me. I would much rather play more mature and more complex stories such as FFXII, Killer 7 or Metal Gear

Metal Gear games r good, I life FFVII ur point? You can like various types of games...story in depth or no...

Also saying FFVII gamers are not "true RPG gamers" is a stereotype making your arguement quite contradicting to itself....by expressing your limited view...to be a true RPG gamer one simply has 2 have an obession with RPGs and such they have played various kinds ...as I have...(from FF to Xenosaga to MMORPGs like Guildwars and WOW) I have been playing RPGs for as long as I can remember now 2 say that I cannot be a true RPG gamer and that my statements r invalid only makes yourself seem uneducated..so please consider what you say and account for your anti-FFVII in your arguements and word it more appropriately

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 fs_metal

Metal Gear games r good, I life FFVII ur point? You can like various types of games...story in depth or no...

Also saying FFVII gamers are not "true RPG gamers" is a stereotype making your arguement quite contradicting to itself....by expressing your limited view...to be a true RPG gamer one simply has 2 have an obession with RPGs and such they have played various kinds ...as I have...(from FF to Xenosaga to MMORPGs like Guildwars and WOW) I have been playing RPGs for as long as I can remember now 2 say that I cannot be a true RPG gamer and that my statements r invalid only makes yourself seem uneducated..so please consider what you say and account for your anti-FFVII in your arguements and word it more appropriately

You are completely misunderstanding what I am saying. There are many blind FFVII fanboys in this world, and they cannot be true RPG gamers if they only play one series, which completely defeats anything you are saying

P.S. why am I listening to a guy who can't even spell out the word 'are'?
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DRUNK_CANADIAN

You are completely misunderstanding what I am saying. There are many blind FFVII fanboys in this world, and they cannot be true RPG gamers if they only play one series, which completely defeats anything you are saying

P.S. why am I listening to a guy who can't even spell out the word 'are'?
fs_metal

I am typing fast....I have better things to do than argue with people of your ilk
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 fs_metal
I have better things to do than argue with those that can't bother to type out their damn words.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DRUNK_CANADIAN

I have better things to do than argue with those that can't bother to type out their damn words.fs_metal

apparently not lol :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 fs_metal
Seriously. Save the net from stupidity. Type out your damn words
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 DRUNK_CANADIAN

Seriously. Save the net from stupidity. Type out your damn wordsfs_metal

Ohh I am afraid the internet is already lost 2 stupidity ...or should I type...

O I M afrad teh e-net is alwedy ost 2 stpidty :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 fs_metal
That doesn't mean you should add to it by following the path of those dorks that came before you :P
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DRUNK_CANADIAN
That doesn't mean you should add to it by following the path of those dorks that came before you :Pfs_metal

Tradition is what keeps the hordes of monsters off our backs...if you have another way foriegn Adventurer plz aid us,,,, teh internets is becoming a monster.,,,blah :O
zerroth101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 zerroth101
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
It has to be Tidus.I just hate him.I dont know about vaan because FFXII it hasnt come to Ireland yet.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#123 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]That doesn't mean you should add to it by following the path of those dorks that came before you :PDRUNK_CANADIAN

Tradition is what keeps the hordes of monsters off our backs...if you have another way foriegn Adventurer plz aid us,,,, teh internets is becoming a monster.,,,blah :O

Yep most people in the Eworld is aready pretty dumb. MI fri3nd ty93$ 7331 and i tell him thats the dumbest this ever.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]That doesn't mean you should add to it by following the path of those dorks that came before you :PDRUNK_CANADIAN

breaking tradition will save us all
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]That doesn't mean you should add to it by following the path of those dorks that came before you :Pfs_metal

breaking tradition will save us all

we cants doo dats !!!! teh end of zee world will come ,,,,,we b d00med! 0mGz i h@xXzOr ur face offz

Only a hero can save us....where are you Cyber Jesus?

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 DRUNK_CANADIAN

It has to be Tidus.I just hate him.I dont know about vaan because FFXII it hasnt come to Ireland yet.zerroth101

You wll hate him...trust me :P

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 DRUNK_CANADIAN
another vote for Zidane....even Squall is less hated than him :P
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 fs_metal
That's largely due to the fact that many people started playing FF with VII...including most of them that use websites such as this one. They came to expect certain things....certain things that Final Fantasy is NOT and has never been. When they were handed a real FF game, they did not like it because they did not know any better. Ignorance. What can you say
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 AlBeadFFx
i just dont like vaan for his role in XII. hes just not someone that is the main hero like the other lead characters.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 DRUNK_CANADIAN

That's largely due to the fact that many people started playing FF with VII...including most of them that use websites such as this one. They came to expect certain things....certain things that Final Fantasy is NOT and has never been. When they were handed a real FF game, they did not like it because they did not know any better. Ignorance. What can you sayfs_metal

So your saying the majority of FF gamers along with Square Enix are all ignorant to FF?

Many people support and love FFVII, and Square Enix has supported the game (or butchered it in the saga :P w.e you want to believe) Without FFVII success FF would NOT be the success it is today, for it was from FFVII that many people, like you said adopted the series, and from than onward they had expectations, many were appeased through games like FFX, FFXII, and even FFVIII (which I thought tried to pull of a similar game 2 FFVII)

eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 eztarg8

[QUOTE="zerroth101"]It has to be Tidus.I just hate him.I dont know about vaan because FFXII it hasnt come to Ireland yet.DRUNK_CANADIAN

You wll hate him...trust me :P

I LIKE VAAN. He's no hero don't get me wrong, but he has the peronality that i like the most out of the main characters. He just says the stuff you are thinking bcus you don't kow whats going on.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]That's largely due to the fact that many people started playing FF with VII...including most of them that use websites such as this one. They came to expect certain things....certain things that Final Fantasy is NOT and has never been. When they were handed a real FF game, they did not like it because they did not know any better. Ignorance. What can you sayDRUNK_CANADIAN

So your saying the majority of FF gamers along with Square Enix are all ignorant to FF?

Many people support and love FFVII, and Square Enix has supported the game (or butchered it in the saga :P w.e you want to believe) Without FFVII success FF would NOT be the success it is today, for it was from FFVII that many people, like you said adopted the series, and from than onward they had expectations, many were appeased through games like FFX, FFXII, and even FFVIII (which I thought tried to pull of a similar game 2 FFVII)

Way to miss the point. FFIX took alot of BS from so called fans because it was mideval and not sci fi.  IT shouldn't have because the first 6 games in the series were just like that. That was my point

FF was doing just fine unti; VII. It had enjoyed quite a bit of success
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]That's largely due to the fact that many people started playing FF with VII...including most of them that use websites such as this one. They came to expect certain things....certain things that Final Fantasy is NOT and has never been. When they were handed a real FF game, they did not like it because they did not know any better. Ignorance. What can you sayfs_metal

Way to miss the point. FFIX took alot of BS from so called fans because it was mideval and not sci fi.  IT shouldn't have because the first 6 games in the series were just like that. That was my point

yes I understand, FFIX was disliekd due to its medival approach however FFXII is medival as well yet didnt share such critizism.....most people who own FFXII love it,

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]That's largely due to the fact that many people started playing FF with VII...including most of them that use websites such as this one. They came to expect certain things....certain things that Final Fantasy is NOT and has never been. When they were handed a real FF game, they did not like it because they did not know any better. Ignorance. What can you sayDRUNK_CANADIAN

Way to miss the point. FFIX took alot of BS from so called fans because it was mideval and not sci fi. IT shouldn't have because the first 6 games in the series were just like that. That was my point

yes I understand, FFIX was disliekd due to its medival approach however FFXII is medival as well yet didnt share such critizism.....most people who own FFXII love it,

Yeah, but new FF fans also got a bit of a mideval taste in alot of X, as well as the Tactics games . It was no longer something new and different to those that picked the series up starting with VII.
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#135 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
if an ff is to be critisized then it would be FFVII for being drastically different than the original six FF games. X-2 for being way to different as well. FFIX had a lot of features and traits from previous FF games. it does not deserve bad critisism for being different than the TWO previous FF games.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]That's largely due to the fact that many people started playing FF with VII...including most of them that use websites such as this one. They came to expect certain things....certain things that Final Fantasy is NOT and has never been. When they were handed a real FF game, they did not like it because they did not know any better. Ignorance. What can you sayfs_metal

Way to miss the point. FFIX took alot of BS from so called fans because it was mideval and not sci fi. IT shouldn't have because the first 6 games in the series were just like that. That was my point

Yeah, but new FF fans also got a bit of a mideval taste in alot of X, as well as the Tactics games . It was no longer something new and different to those that picked the series up starting with VII.

Oh k, I see what you mean, however I feel it would be more due to the graphical style than the medival setting...or perhaps other reasons...either that or it just wasnt as successful for a general preferance towards the other FF......

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DRUNK_CANADIAN

if an ff is to be critisized then it would be FFVII for being drastically different than the original six FF games. X-2 for being way to different as well. FFIX had a lot of features and traits from previous FF games. it does not deserve bad critisism for being different than the TWO previous FF games.jordina

not really saying that, I am just saying it wasnt as successful as many of the other FF, ...but what I dont understand is why I can like FFI, (2 not really kinda pissed me off lol), IV, and some elements of IV....yet I dislike FFIX greatly, off all FF I deem it the worst....in m opinion, I also luv FF VII, VIII, X, (X-2 was garbage but the battle system and continuation of a hit game's story made it bearable and even interesting at points), XI well ....personally I didnt like monthly fees :P, FF XII (IT OWNED)

I also like FF tactics as you would know if you have read my excitement for the PSP ver being released....I am afraid the case isnt a dislke of medival games

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 fs_metal
if an ff is to be critisized then it would be FFVII for being drastically different than the original six FF games. X-2 for being way to different as well. FFIX had a lot of features and traits from previous FF games. it does not deserve bad critisism for being different than the TWO previous FF games.jordina
That is correct. FFVII should have been the one that was critisized, but it wasn't because, for many people, it was their first FF game.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Oh k, I see what you mean, however I feel it would be more due to the graphical style than the medival setting...or perhaps other reasons...either that or it just wasnt as successful for a general preferance towards the other FF......

I am not debating the graphical style, though I quite liked it, especially in comparison to FFVII and FFVIII. I was saying the game should not be critisized for it's setting.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

I am not debating the graphical style, though I quite liked it, especially in comparison to FFVII and FFVIII. I was saying the game should not be critisized for it's setting.

yes that may be true for those who only played FFVII onward, but what of those who have played the games prior to FFVII and still dislike FFIX , how do we justify them? I am meaning that the graphical style is probably what alienated these gamers.....but yes I see where your coming from FFVII brought alot of players to the franchise....and they probably were unaccustomed to the traditional FF style, yet upon playing FFXII one would think they would change their upon, ......not too sure if I explained what I was thinking there clearly...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 fs_metal
You can't please everyone. I just don't think people understood it
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 DRUNK_CANADIAN

You can't please everyone. I just don't think people understood itfs_metal

meh, ..btw FS_Metal have you seen any reports on the amount of money made of specific titles...I have been recently looking as part of a recent project.....you think it would be somewhere on the net...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 fs_metal
You'd think so, but I haven't found anything
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 eztarg8
If i can make a comment. FFIX was my first FF and it was not bad. But, i still found FFVII much better than it anway. Also I have recently played previous 2d games and i would put FF6 and 4 up the past FF8 just bcus those were more fun. Actually i think 6 might be better than VII.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 fs_metal
6 and 4 are numbers 1 and 2 on my list of FF games
faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#147 faraz-azar
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

I liked every ff i played witch is 3-12 but 8 and 10-2 werent among the best

i loved 12 and 10 and 3 most of all 8)

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DRUNK_CANADIAN

6 and 4 are numbers 1 and 2 on my list of FF gamesfs_metal

4 was a really good game I agree, however I find this barrier of graphics preventing me from playing it anymore...however its still good

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 fs_metal
Graphics are the single worst reason you can come up with to not play a game. "I can't play it because the graphics are out of date." Since when does that matter? I thought games sole purpose was to entertain. The entertainment comes from the gameplay, not the visuals. *sighs* When will people learn?
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 DRUNK_CANADIAN

Graphics are the single worst reason you can come up with to not play a game. "I can't play it because the graphics are out of date." Since when does that matter? I thought games sole purpose was to entertain. The entertainment comes from the gameplay, not the visuals. *sighs* When will people learn?fs_metal

ya but I find it bland...or frustrating with the graphics being so outdated...plus I never start RPGs over again...with the exception of FFVII....I just have become so enticed by FFXII graphics that I would rather play it over IV, .....I dunno I can t really explain....