DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

State which of the two PS2 FF games is better, please try to explain your reasoning.

My opinion: I know this may seem contradicting to what I said before, however I now thinking about the topic feel that FFX is superior....yes it didnt have any of the revolutionary battlesystem or gambits...however I felt it was just overall a much more enjoyable game, the cast and story were far superior to that of FFXII, which seemed to have ripped some of the character concepts off...briefly this is why I feel FFX superior....after all, in FF isnt it the story that matters most?

eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Yeah, but X's story Blew. XII
azazel_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 azazel_666
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
i will tell you my opinion come friday when XII is finally released in the uk.
Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
I still haven't finished FFXII so I'll decide when I do.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Fina;l Fantasy XII is a much, much better game
-every character rules
-it isn't linear
-it actually has exploration
-the gameplay is a trillion times better
-the story is better
-the music is better
-the voice acting is better (which isn't even debatable)
-the direction is better (which is also not debatable)
-the script is better (which is also not debatable)

Hell. Everything about FFXII is better
joeadonis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 joeadonis1
Member since 2004 • 1567 Posts

FFX for me. The characters seemed more approchable. The story was epic and at the same time down to earth. All the characters had a personal stake in the outcome. The art wasnt as realistic as 12 so the flaws were not as noticable. Both battle systems failed to wow me.

But the main reason why 10 is better than 12 is Auron and Rikku.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts
I liked X better
Bedoxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Bedoxxx
Member since 2003 • 57 Posts
ff-x

storyline is very good
and oldschool battle system
Avatar image for ThisisMurderous
ThisisMurderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 ThisisMurderous
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts
Since I've beaten it recently I can say I like Final Fantasy XII more. Final Fantasy X was a great game but it was too linear.
gilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gilbertus
Member since 2003 • 452 Posts
Both were masterpieces... one that opened the PS2 and one that closed it XP. But i liked FFXII a bit more; i dunno why... maybe the Battle system? or the gambits... oh oh i remembered! it was Tidus! I didnt really liked him... if he had been in XII i probably wouldve picked X :)
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
FFXII had the better battle system and brought many great new ideas for the upcoming FF titles. But...in FFXII I did not feel the characters nor the story as well as I did in FFX; also the music was much better in FFX, so... FFX, IMO is the better game.
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
Fina;l Fantasy XII is a much, much better game
-every character rules
-it isn't linear
-the story is better
-the music is better

fs_metal

proof the english accent is the best for a fantasy game set the the medievil setting :P
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Fina;l Fantasy XII is a much, much better game
-every character rules
-it isn't linear
-the story is better
-the music is better

STK3000

proof the english accent is the best for a fantasy game set the the medievil setting :P

Ok ok, I'll admit the voice acting in FFXII was insane...the judges really played the role....however I would give the script to FFX.....in FFXII you cant quote anything and make it sound kool, the only conversations are when they exchange information ....little else I can support there...and the every character rules is huge BS :P I think even you said you hated Penelo lol.....plus FFX was amazing cast wise, they all were unique and complemented one another...as for the battle system....thats solely on personal preferance so no comment ....music ...well I would put them on equal scale....considering some of FFXII music is from other FF games...the opening is from the credits in FFVII :D .....but exploration wise...well FFXII did have more....I wont argue that...but as far as story goes...FFX was epic....(exploration and non-linear are pretty much the same thing, correct me if I am wrong)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fs_metal

[QUOTE="STK3000"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]Fina;l Fantasy XII is a much, much better game
-every character rules
-it isn't linear
-the story is better
-the music is better

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Ok ok, I'll admit the voice acting in FFXII was insane...the judges really played the role....however I would give the script to FFX.....in FFXII you cant quote anything and make it sound kool, the only conversations are when they exchange information ....little else I can support there...and the every character rules is huge BS :P I think even you said you hated Penelo lol.....plus FFX was amazing cast wise, they all were unique and complemented one another...as for the battle system....thats solely on personal preferance so no comment ....music ...well I would put them on equal scale....considering some of FFXII music is from other FF games...the opening is from the credits in FFVII :D .....but exploration wise...well FFXII did have more....I wont argue that...but as far as story goes...FFX was epic....(exploration and non-linear are pretty much the same thing, correct me if I am wrong)

FFX's script sucked dude. Thre are only 2 Square games with good scripts: Final Fantasy XII and Vagrant Story. That's it. Those 2 are exceptionally well written. The rest are average or below average.

No other FF has great quotes like this:

Too late, and to their sorrows do those who misplace their trust in gods learn thier fate

I don't hate Penelo. I don't hate any of the characters in FFXII. It is the only FF game where I like every single character.

Teh characters in FFX were a mixed bag. Khimari, Wakka, Auron and Yuna were great. Lulu, Tidus and Rikku SUCKED.

The opening music is from every FF game to date. It features the 2 series themes. Both date back to Final Fantasy I.

Exploration and non linear are not one and the same. FFX-2 is non linear, but it has just as little exploration as FFX did.

FFX's story is good, not epic. There are some parts of it that just plain do not make alot of sense. The story to FFXII, however, is most certainly epic.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

I can'g agree to FFX being a better game. It really depends on the individual's taste. From what i've heard, the kids doesn't like FFXII's story, but liked FFX's more. Simply because FFX's was so linear, everyone knows and understands it. Besides the story, FFX's exploration experience is pathetic. FF is all about roaming the world, and finding your way around. FFX's map is totally.... straight.....

The cast is salad in FFX, everything inside, but can only serve as an appetizer. FFXII's cast may not have much development in the main story, but a little research on them pre-game, and with side-quests in-game, FFXII's cast proves to be deeper than what they are, especially Vaan, whom everyone's complaining about he being a useless main character.

The only thing FFX's superior to FFXII, is the FMV graphics. FFX's is more realistic, and FFXII's cut down on FMVs to progress on in-game graphics, which is prefect too. All in all, FFXII is a much much better game than FFX. Even so, which FF isn't better than the previous one in terms of technology.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
I am with the side that thinks that both of them are in truth art works. There is no doubt that FFXII is a big step in the evolution of the series, over FFX, In most of the aspects. Nevertheless, I still prefer the system ATB to the ADB….In spite of everything I still have to finish FFXII so I will propose my last point of view after I end the game…. :)
zuntyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zuntyh
Member since 2005 • 3192 Posts
hmm.. I havent completed XII yet but Im annoyed Vaan is like another Tidus pretty much... only played for about 6 hours though
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 eztarg8
hmm.. I havent completed XII yet but Im annoyed Vaan is like another Tidus pretty much... only played for about 6 hours thoughzuntyh
No way is Vaan a Tidus. For X quotes like "I NEED FOOood!" "SO... COLD" "WHAT THE !?!?......" and many others. Mainly all he says is "I hate my dad" in a squeely nerdish teenage voice.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fs_metal
I am with the side that thinks that both of them are in truth art works. There is no doubt that FFXII is a big step in the evolution of the series, over FFX, In most of the aspects. Nevertheless, I still prefer the system ATB to the ADB….In spite of everything I still have to finish FFXII so I will propose my last point of view after I end the game…. :) angelbless
FFX does not utilize the ATB dude
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fs_metal
hmm.. I havent completed XII yet but Im annoyed Vaan is like another Tidus pretty much... only played for about 6 hours thoughzuntyh
Vaan doesn't whine. Tidus does./ How is Vaan another Tidus
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="zuntyh"]hmm.. I havent completed XII yet but Im annoyed Vaan is like another Tidus pretty much... only played for about 6 hours thoughfs_metal
Vaan doesn't whine. Tidus does./ How is Vaan another Tidus

hes a crappy lead :P .....and no Vaan isnt really "cry", hes just ....a bad mai character...hes a fine character, if he were supporting or if their was no lead character.....but i dunno

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fs_metal
He is a much better lead character than Tidus, Cloud and Squall. Atleast he has the will power to take charge and take things into his own hands
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AlBeadFFx

i just prefer FFX cuz it was my first FF. FFXII isnt that bad its just the fact that im stuck in the game and where i am is the bad part.

another reason i like FFX more than FFXII is the summons. i loved all the summons in FFX and they were all changed into other things and stuff.

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DRUNK_CANADIAN

i just prefer FFX cuz it was my first FF. FFXII isnt that bad its just the fact that im stuck in the game and where i am is the bad part.

another reason i like FFX more than FFXII is the summons. i loved all the summons in FFX and they were all changed into other things and stuff.

AlBeadFFx

I agree...the summons were one of the bes parts of FFX....FFXII , the Espers r retarded and usless, omg I can cast gravity well or death, but dont wry the enemy is immune to the attacks....also its more effective just to fight with 2 people as opposed 2 an Esper and a dude....even the "best" Espers blow hard

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AlBeadFFx
[QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]

DRUNK_CANADIAN

I agree...the summons were one of the bes parts of FFX....FFXII , the Espers r retarded and usless, omg I can cast gravity well or death, but dont wry the enemy is immune to the attacks....also its more effective just to fight with 2 people as opposed 2 an Esper and a dude....even the "best" Espers blow hard

thats why FFX is a lot better. only if FFX was made with FFXII's battle system, i would say that would make FFX the best game for the PS2

azazel_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 azazel_666
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
so far after 12 hours of playing i must say xii is much better (so far). it seem more like the older ffgames 1-5. not sure why tho.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]

AlBeadFFx

thats why FFX is a lot better. only if FFX was made with FFXII's battle system, i would say that would make FFX the best game for the PS2

actually for the PS2 I probably would say FFX is the best as it stands.....but mayb I cant recall sum other games... (I like MGS but not on the same level as FF)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fs_metal
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="AlBeadFFx"]

another reason i like FFX more than FFXII is the summons. i loved all the summons in FFX and they were all changed into other things and stuff.

AlBeadFFx

thats why FFX is a lot better. only if FFX was made with FFXII's battle system, i would say that would make FFX the best game for the PS2

Cecil77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cecil77
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts
I have't finished FFXII yet... but as of now, FFX was mind blowing, but FFXII introduces a lot of big changes.. lets see how the story unfolds...
faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 faraz-azar
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts
im another 1 of those ppl who think both games were great overall but in graphics and all that script stuff FFXII WAS THE BEST THE ENDING SEQUENCE WAS SOOOO AWESOME I CRIED A LITTLE! XD i know i get emotional wen i beat games. to tell you the truth i cant remeber the ending sequence to FFX but i stll have to say FFXII ending and graphics just took my breath away. but i have heard that ff12 is being remade on the ds(?)...... i have very weak hints but ive seen some stuff. i would like to see a option of changing the battle systems on ff12 in midgame that would just make the game the best ever. how ever my favorite ff is ..... All of them im sad to say because i am a fanboy and i really do love all of them.i have to say though ff 10 was my first ff and i knew it was gonna get me addicted to final fantasy... 3 years later and here i am ranting about final fantasy. you have to admit the ff12 ending sequence blew you away. from the point where you talk to the marquis at the beggining to the point where so and so and the other so and so go missing. "im the leading man i can't die" ring a bell?
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 eztarg8
My sights were aimed low for FFX and it still let me down. FFXII let me down a little, but X was just soooo CHEESY
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DRUNK_CANADIAN
as much as I can relate to your rant....plz put a spoiler warning....

...also to FS, we have been over this, I prefer RPG games, and yes I like MGS
Avatar image for chilipepper5194
chilipepper5194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chilipepper5194
Member since 2005 • 36 Posts
Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fs_metal
Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.chilipepper5194
There are some things that are not debatable,. like FFXII has better graphics, scripting and voice acting. Those are all facts
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
[QUOTE="chilipepper5194"]Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.fs_metal
There are some things that are not debatable,. like FFXII has better graphics, scripting and voice acting. Those are all facts

An opinion stated as fact is not a fact.
zuntyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zuntyh
Member since 2005 • 3192 Posts
Im actually playing XII at the moment of typing at same time, I must say I have been getting moe excited and can stop playing I dont think I got the same thing with X when a battle would come up id be like... another battle but in XII I enjoy the battles it has a MMORPG feel to it for some reason. Ive only played XII for about 8 or so hours now and I think it is so far better than X even though X had Rikku. That thing about Vaan and Tidus I never said that they were similar in that Tidus always moans... every so often in Vaan's face I can see glimpses of Tidus, also he is a loudish well not loud but less quiet then CLoud and Squall. It both seems as if they want to take control
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="chilipepper5194"]Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.Darmi

And those are not opinions stated as facts. Those are facts stated as facts.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 eztarg8
[QUOTE="Darmi"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="chilipepper5194"]Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.fs_metal

Darmi just let it go. Metal doesn't listen to common sence or other good arguements (he'll probably yell at me for that) :P
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
form what i've played i say XII and because i plain hated X i only like kimahri and auron other than that it sucked in my opinion, i cant comment on the summons coz i aint that far in to it yet
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Darmi"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="chilipepper5194"]Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.eztarg8

Darmi just let it go. Metal doesn't listen to common sence or other good arguements (he'll probably yell at me for that) :P

I deliver common sense and good arguements, my friend. Graphics, as an example, are not something that is debatable. No one would say FFIX has better graphics than FFX. Why? Because it's not true. FFX does have better graphics than FFIX. Much like FFIX was the best looking PSX FF, FFXII is the best looking PS2 FF. It's just a result of more experience with the system by the company making the game.  FFXII has a higher level of graphical detail than FFX does because the company had more experience working with the system
Taygeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Taygeto
Member since 2003 • 351 Posts
The voice acting in X still sucks though (especially Yuna's) :?... And X is sooooo slow after you've played XII.
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I deliver common sense and good arguements, my friend. Graphics, as an example, are not something that is debatable. No one would say FFIX has better graphics than FFX. Why? Because it's not true. FFX does have better graphics than FFIX. Much like FFIX was the best looking PSX FF, FFXII is the best looking PS2 FF. It's just a result of more experience with the system by the company making the game.  FFXII has a higher level of graphical detail than FFX does because the company had more experience working with the system
fs_metal
It is still debatable. If one person in the world doesn't like Final Fantasy 10's graphical style, they may say that FF9 has better graphics. They arn't wrong, they just have a different opinion.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="eztarg8"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Darmi"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="chilipepper5194"]Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.fs_metal

in reality debate, is using facts and opinion mixed together....scripting is arguable...however I would say the voice acting superiority of FFXII is pretty much set in stone...

...still I hold FFX higher

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]I deliver common sense and good arguements, my friend. Graphics, as an example, are not something that is debatable. No one would say FFIX has better graphics than FFX. Why? Because it's not true. FFX does have better graphics than FFIX. Much like FFIX was the best looking PSX FF, FFXII is the best looking PS2 FF. It's just a result of more experience with the system by the company making the game. FFXII has a higher level of graphical detail than FFX does because the company had more experience working with the system
Darmi
It is still debatable. If one person in the world doesn't like Final Fantasy 10's graphical s tyle, they may say that FF9 has better graphics. They arn't wrong, they just have a different opinion.

Gah. Gamespot still screw up when I type the word s t y l e. Anyway, graphical s t y l e and graphics are not one and the same. Graphical s t y l e is the art of the game. Whether or not you like hte art of FFX more does not change the fact that the graphics for FFXII are technically better. Everything has a higher level of detail and more polish
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="eztarg8"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Darmi"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="chilipepper5194"]Only a complete freaking moron will say something isn't debateable. It's all debateable because your opinion is not absolute. Final Fantasy XII was a game with higher production values but a lack of overall character and substance. Combine an overused, overly simple storyline, uninvolving gameplay, one dimensional characters with no development, and you get a pretty average game for a series that has been known for it's outstanding stroytelling.DRUNK_CANADIAN

I deliver common sense and good arguements, my friend. Graphics, as an example, are not something that is debatable. No one would say FFIX has better graphics than FFX. Why? Because it's not true. FFX does have better graphics than FFIX. Much like FFIX was the best looking PSX FF, FFXII is the best looking PS2 FF. It's just a result of more experience with the system by the company making the game. FFXII has a higher level of graphical detail than FFX does because the company had more experience working with the system

in reality debate, is using facts and opinion mixed together....scripting is arguable...however I would say the voice acting superiority of FFXII is pretty much set in stone...

...still I hold FFX higher

The scripting is not debatable. Anyone that actuallyh knows anything about scripting will tell you that. Saying that the FFX script is better than the FFXII script is like saying the script to an Uwe Boll movie is better than the script to a Stanley Kubrick movie. It is both false and absurd. IT cannot be debated. The script to FFXII is exceptionally well written. It achieves a level almost never achieved by video games
Guitarking411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Guitarking411
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts
I will have to go with XII I really like the more political story and the look of the world better, I also think is has the best cast of characters. Oh and I love the battle system.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fs_metal
[QUOTE="Guitarking411"]I will have to go with XII I really like the more political story and the look of the world better, I also think is has the best cast of characters. Oh and I love the battle system.

Welcome aboard my long tiem friend and brother.
Guitarking411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Guitarking411
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts
[QUOTE="Guitarking411"]I will have to go with XII I really like the more political story and the look of the world better, I also think is has the best cast of characters. Oh and I love the battle system.fs_metal

thanx bro its good to be here.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Guitarking411"]I will have to go with XII I really like the more political story and the look of the world better, I also think is has the best cast of characters. Oh and I love the battle system.Guitarking411

thanx bro its good to be here.

I dont get why you all think FFXII is so great, yes its great in its own way, but its stepping over to the more offline MMORPG forbidden>