fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
The gameplay kicks ass dude. IT doesn't get tedious like random battles tend to. That is why I like it so much. Ontol of that, it has the single greatest AI system ever. You choose how your characters act. It was brilliant
blademasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 blademasterx
Member since 2006 • 1305 Posts
The gameplay kicks ass dude. IT doesn't get tedious like random battles tend to. That is why I like it so much. Ontol of that, it has the single greatest AI system ever. You choose how your characters act. It was brilliantfs_metal
bravo(claps)well said
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

The gameplay kicks ass dude. IT doesn't get tedious like random battles tend to. That is why I like it so much. Ontol of that, it has the single greatest AI system ever. You choose how your characters act. It was brilliantfs_metal

dude it just gave birth to the tedius autokilling....although I like the AI....i should think the series should just make the jump to action style game, somthing like Dark Cloud fighting with the battle versitility of DMC ....you know where you can go all over and utilize everything

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]The gameplay kicks ass dude. IT doesn't get tedious like random battles tend to. That is why I like it so much. Ontol of that, it has the single greatest AI system ever. You choose how your characters act. It was brilliantDRUNK_CANADIAN

dude it just gave birth to the tedius autokilling....although I like the AI....i should think the series should just make the jump to action style game, somthing like Dark Cloud fighting with the battle versitility of DMC ....you know where you can go all over and utilize everything

It wasn't tedious, and if you let it do everything automatically, you will get slaughtered at some point. The game does not play itself
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]The gameplay kicks ass dude. IT doesn't get tedious like random battles tend to. That is why I like it so much. Ontol of that, it has the single greatest AI system ever. You choose how your characters act. It was brilliantfs_metal

It wasn't tedious, and if you let it do everything automatically, you will get slaughtered at some point. The game does not play itself

true their is some element of strategy to it, however I found the gambits generally useless and a waste of time to set up....but the point I am making....is the series is turning to the MMO forbidden>

true their is some element of strategy to it, however I found the gambits generally useless and a waste of time to set up....but the point I am making....is the series is turning to the MMO forbidden>

true their is some element of strategy to it, however I found the gambits generally useless and a waste of time to set up....but the point I am making....is the series is turning to the MMO where the gameplay in general is garbage....endles running through bland environments ...though like I said before the AI is good and the battle is enticing however I prefered the Xenosaga type of battle system over it.

Anyone else having trouble with text...

Guitarking411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Guitarking411
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

[QUOTE="Guitarking411"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Guitarking411"]I will have to go with XII I really like the more political story and the look of the world better, I also think is has the best cast of characters. Oh and I love the battle system.DRUNK_CANADIAN

Welcome aboard my long tiem friend and brother.

thanx bro its good to be here.

I dont get why you all think FFXII is so great, yes its great in its own way, but its stepping over to the more offline MMORPG forbidden>

Well I really liked the fact that they tried something new and it seemd more realistic that you would walk around in a huge open area and see the dfferent types of monsters insted of the random encounters that I think are getting old, I know that the combat system is more like an mmorpg but I think it fits really well with the game and there really are no problems with it.. And I thought that gambit's were very kool to set up as well as the liscense board.
blademasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 blademasterx
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]The gameplay kicks ass dude. IT doesn't get tedious like random battles tend to. That is why I like it so much. Ontol of that, it has the single greatest AI system ever. You choose how your characters act. It was brilliantDRUNK_CANADIAN

true their is some element of strategy to it, however I found the gambits generally useless and a waste of time to set up....but the point I am making....is the series is turning to the MMO where the gameplay in general is garbage....endles running through bland environments ...though like I said before the AI is good and the battle is enticing however I prefered the Xenosaga type of battle system over it.

Anyone else having trouble with text...

yeah drunk canaidain is right ff12 is feeling more like a mmo and are you ever right about those useless gambits i never set up those gambits i'd just told every one what to do.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 fs_metal
If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without them
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#59 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
Got to the final boss in XII but i decided to start again. I like XII alot but i prefer X despite XII feeling like a superior game. FFXII's story seems as though it needed to be better but overall i liked it( it could of been amazing with the material used). XII's battle system was odd at first but it did get fun when i reached the ogir yensa sandsea. The esper music is my favourite from the game and i think the licence board could have been better.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DRUNK_CANADIAN

If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without themfs_metal

rofl your basically noob, I beat the whole game without gambits....

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
Gambits kick ass for lazy players like me. I don't have to do anything really, if theres a problem Fran will fix it :P
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without themDRUNK_CANADIAN

Chances are that I have been playing RPGs longer than you have and that  have played more than you have. When you beat Phantasy star 2 without cheating, come back and talk to me.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without themDRUNK_CANADIAN

that i believe, you're not talking about the whole 100% game, and you probably had to do it with WAIT mode :lol: lol
Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without themfs_metal

Chances are that I have been playing RPGs longer than you have and that have played more than you have. When you beat Phantasy star 2 without cheating, come back and talk to me.

I have to say, you have a temper. He says something and you attack him:lol: That is not good for an officer is it:P? haha! nah j/k...

But i guess he did do it, some would say it's much more fun without gambits, sure thing. They attack when you say it and they don't stop before you tell them to and they keep on attacking when you uses potion or anything...So i guess it's quite possible and maybe more fun. Gambits only speeds up everything...
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I thought I was being really clever setting up a gambit for Ashe where she would poach enemies when they got to hp critical. However there were a few problems; 1 - Everyone would kill the enemies before they could be poached. 2 - Ashe would keep on trying to poach bosses 3 - Poach is rubbish anyway. It worked twice and I got 2 pebbles. Woo 4 gil ¬_¬ Anyway now that I've actually played FFXII I can answer the topic :D Final Fantasy X was my favourite game in the series but now that has been replaced by FFXII. I just like everything about it :)
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TheForgotten0ne
I hated something about the gambit, why get all the character: confused and all those, no need. Just have antidote and any and they would use it on a poisoned character, why no a once at each foe for stealing and stuffs...:)
Karinka19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#67 Karinka19
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
10's better, enough said
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheForgotten0ne
Yeah, well both yeah and nah...The gameplay in FFXII is much better, gives a feeling that no other FF game ever have given me...But the story in FFX is better i think...
Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
ffx is the best every thing was great about it
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without themTheForgotten0ne

Chances are that I have been playing RPGs longer than you have and that have played more than you have. When you beat Phantasy star 2 without cheating, come back and talk to me.

I have to say, you have a temper. He says something and you attack him:lol: That is not good for an officer is it:P? haha! nah j/k...

But i guess he did do it, some would say it's much more fun without gambits, sure thing. They attack when you say it and they don't stop before you tell them to and they keep on attacking when you uses potion or anything...So i guess it's quite possible and maybe more fun. Gambits only speeds up everything...

Gambits eliminate the mindless prepetitive tasks that no one likes doing every 30 seconds, such as healing and curing status ailments
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 fs_metal
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without themkinetic-core

that i believe, you're not talking about the whole 100% game, and you probably had to do it with WAIT mode :lol: lol

Wait mode is for noobs :P
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

I thought I was being really clever setting up a gambit for Ashe where she would poach enemies when they got to hp critical.  However there were a few problems;
1 - Everyone would kill the enemies before they could be poached.
2 - Ashe would keep on trying to poach bosses
3 - Poach is rubbish anyway.  It worked twice and I got 2 pebbles.  Woo 4 gil ¬_¬

Darmi

i don't wanna use Poach, unless i'm really short of gil and items. Poach deprives you of getting the LP and EXP from killing the enemy. Just steal as often as you can. But believe me, Poach works better when you kill stronger enemies, but would you rather steal and get the LP and EXP, or just poach for its loot.

If you wanna poach something, anyhow, try to make it a gambit for all the characters in the party, not just one, because the others will definitely kill the enemy off,  Poach takes longer to charge than Attack. {it'll get annoying if you have a Guest character, because you can't set a Gambit for the Guest, and it'll kill it off}

ON ANOTHER POINT, does anyone have the game set on highest speed and Active Dimension mode for all battles {including bosses and optional bosses}?? :D I tried doing it, it was possible earlier on, but it became virtually impossible for me to react fast enough later :(

STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts

[QUOTE="Darmi"]I thought I was being really clever setting up a gambit for Ashe where she would poach enemies when they got to hp critical. However there were a few problems;
1 - Everyone would kill the enemies before they could be poached.
2 - Ashe would keep on trying to poach bosses
3 - Poach is rubbish anyway. It worked twice and I got 2 pebbles. Woo 4 gil ¬_¬

kinetic-core

i don't wanna use Poach, unless i'm really short of gil and items. Poach deprives you of getting the LP and EXP from killing the enemy. Just steal as often as you can. But believe me, Poach works better when you kill stronger enemies, but would you rather steal and get the LP and EXP, or just poach for its loot.

If you wanna poach something, anyhow, try to make it a gambit for all the characters in the party, not just one, because the others will definitely kill the enemy off, Poach takes longer to charge than Attack. {it'll get annoying if you have a Guest character, because you can't set a Gambit for the Guest, and it'll kill it off}

ON ANOTHER POINT, does anyone have the game set on highest speed and Active Dimension mode for all battles {including bosses and optional bosses}?? :D I tried doing it, it was possible earlier on, but it became virtually impossible for me to react fast enough later :(

fastest speed yes active no still getting into the game that doesn't come into play until later on in the game :P when i'm feeling lucky, or someone tells me to coz to be honest i never back down from a stupid idea
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]If you don't set up the gambits, you will get slaughtered later in the game. Tehy are not useless. the game is basically impossible without themfs_metal

ummm no guys seriously I didnt use this "wait mode" you speak of....I seriously pwned the game without gambits...lol :D ....call me a traditionalist...I like to make up words ...

TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TheForgotten0ne
So when you pressed X the game didn't stop eh? Well i guess it can be done just have to be damn fast:P haha! but i like it:)
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DRUNK_CANADIAN

So when you pressed X the game didn't stop eh? Well i guess it can be done just have to be damn fast:P haha! but i like it:)TheForgotten0ne

the trick is to have imba characters :P

blademasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blademasterx
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

ummm no guys seriously I didnt use this "wait mode" you speak of....I seriously pwned the game without gambits...lol :D ....call me a traditionalist...I like to make up words ...

then i bow to drunk canaiden god of final fantasy for beating the game in active mode.and now that i look back on it ff x battle system is better then ff 12 and ff x monster look way more challenging then a snake called viper.but overall ff 12 is better then ff 10.
blademasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blademasterx
then i guess im a noob since i never even attemp active mode in ff 12.
-Pro-Link-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 -Pro-Link-
Member since 2006 • 6297 Posts
I still haven't finished FFXII so I'll decide when I do.The1-thtgotaway

Same here.  I'm still not to the point of a final opinion.  But so far I enjoy FFXII more.  Because of the story, characters, and the games syestem.
plague_gerka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 plague_gerka
Member since 2004 • 356 Posts

FFXII is great but i think that Final Fantasy X is better in my opinion. I felt different about the game when i was playing it. When i was playing Final Fantasy X i was like ";this is the best game ever"; but when i was playing Final Fantasy XII i was like ";This is great";. Lol i think the storyline in Final Fantasy X is better for some reason, i dont know i think it appeals to me more. There would some parts to Final Fantasy XII and its storyline which i didn't like, some of it seemed... Quite made up on the spot type. But to be honest there were some parts to Final Fantasy X that i didn't like, but that was just because i was confused.

I think the battle system on Final Fantasy XII is better, more action and fun. There wasnt many mini games in XII from what i know, nothing like X with Blitzball which i played for hours. Out of the Sphere Grid and the Licences i don't dislike any of them. I think they both are quite neat. I like the Gambit System, even though i didn't really use it at all, but i know that it is useful.

There isnt that much improvement on the graphics but obviously the graphics on XII are better. The voice acting on XII is quite bad, my friend told me it was because it was japanese and i thought if it were that reason the voice acting would be even worse.
I think the characters are great on both games, i think Final Fantasy XII's characters were all quite similiar, some sounded quite the same.

I like on XII the loot. I think that it was a good idea to have that, so you get more than just EXP when you battle, if there wasnt loot it would be really difficult to get money lol.

Overall i think i like Final Fantasy X more.. But only by a bit.

Avatar image for UntouchableHyer
UntouchableHyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 UntouchableHyer
Member since 2006 • 512 Posts
I thought the sphere grid was nice and simple and i thought X had a better story so im gonna go with X.
-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 -weezer-
Member since 2006 • 1895 Posts
X. Loved the story. I'm not a huge fan of the big changes that were brought by XII, like the license grid and the battle system.
rynn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 15

#83 rynn21
Member since 2005 • 2890 Posts
personally, i feel that x owned over all the ff games. it's story was a masterpiece to behold, and the battle system was more "down to earth" at the same time, the story seemed almost believable, and teh graphics looked so much realistic. squre is trying "too" hard now to make teh characters look realistic, to the point of making them look fake.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
I feel X was a let down for my low hopes for that number. Everything in it is so metrosexual(music, graphics, character), story was lame, and the battles although not bad; repetitive.
plague_gerka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 plague_gerka

I feel X was a let down for my low hopes for that number. Everything in it is so metrosexual(music, graphics, character), story was lame, and the battles although not bad; repetitive.eztarg8

:lol: that is one of the most bizarre things i have ever heard. Please tell me how the graphics and the music were metrosexual :lol:. Oh and the battles don't change :lol:

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 AlBeadFFx
FFX was my first FF and still one of the best FF's out there. If you ask me i still say that FFX is still the better one.
rocks11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 rocks11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
from what i have played of ffx so far its the best final fantasy game i,ve seen.:D
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 eztarg8

[QUOTE="eztarg8"]I feel X was a let down for my low hopes for that number. Everything in it is so metrosexual(music, graphics, character), story was lame, and the battles although not bad; repetitive.plague_gerka

:lol: that is one of the most bizarre things i have ever heard. Please tell me how the graphics and the music were metrosexual :lol:. Oh and the battles don't change :lol:

UGH I HATE YOU ALLLLL :!: the battles where so flat, there was even that thing on the side that said when people will attack. All the character wore those lame, pointless, wimsikly Pixie crap. Is it really practical to wear a shirt so small that your flesh is exposed when your fighting monsters?
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AlBeadFFx
i still like FFX and i dont care what everyone else thinks
plague_gerka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 plague_gerka

i still like FFX and i dont care what everyone else thinksAlBeadFFx

I think most people have said FFX.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#91 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

MMM Im confused, XII´s graphics were better, the wolds were bigger and the battle system was innovative...

But I prefered X story, its music and IM NOT A FAN OF THE ADB (active decisive battle), so I prefer the old time ATB (active tiime battle) system. :P

Its a bit complicated but i go for X (maybe XII marks the future of FF and most of the RPG´s but....:?) 

AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 AlBeadFFx
i like them both for the changes that occured but i just like FFX better
Avatar image for McnabbsPHIeagle
McnabbsPHIeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 McnabbsPHIeagle
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts
the younger kids like ffx but i gotta go with FFXII
plague_gerka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 plague_gerka

the younger kids like ffx but i gotta go with FFXIIMcnabbsPHIeagle

:lol: correction. The younger kids like wrestling :lol:

-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 -weezer-

[QUOTE="McnabbsPHIeagle"]the younger kids like ffx but i gotta go with FFXIIplague_gerka

:lol: correction. The younger kids like wrestling :lol:

Correction: some younger kids like wrestling. I'm sorta young (17) and I hate it, but that's just me. I'd much rather watch real fighting like UFC.

TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheForgotten0ne
the younger kids like ffx but i gotta go with FFXIIMcnabbsPHIeagle
Younger kids eh? I'm you age and i go with FFX! X has a much more, whats the word...complex story! And i felt the characters were better in XII, but the story in total was much better in X and almost any other FF game...!
-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 -weezer-

[QUOTE="McnabbsPHIeagle"]the younger kids like ffx but i gotta go with FFXIITheForgotten0ne
Younger kids eh? I'm you age and i go with FFX! X has a much more, whats the word...complex story! And i felt the characters were better in XII, but the story in total was much better in X and almost any other FF game...!

I agree. I thought X's story sorta grabbed you.

eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 eztarg8
X = A total cheese fest.
-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 -weezer-
I like cheese.
soultaker2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 soultaker2004
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
XII simply because I didn't get bored playing the game....