IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts
Should Square-enix make another FF movie? Or what about another tv show? Post your opinions.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
If Tetsuya Nomura has no involvement with it, sure
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IpodHero176
He will though.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Then no there should not
Avatar image for the_winner30030
the_winner30030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 the_winner30030
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
i think they should there first movie was awsome. i loved it i would love to see what they could come up with next. ( i would really wanna see a movie of all the final fantasies with newer graphics. somthin that outlines the story and shows the charecters that would be cool :))
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eztarg8
i think they should there first movie was awsome. i loved it i would love to see what they could come up with next. ( i would really wanna see a movie of all the final fantasies with newer graphics. somthin that outlines the story and shows the charecters that would be cool :))the_winner30030
!? wait all the ff characters? that sounds like a cheap gimmik with no story. I didn't really like the first ff movie all that much. Mainly since the story was dumb and the people were not ass kickers.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fs_metal
^What you say describes AC, but not TSW. TSW had a great story
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
But the first movie was not what people had as a stereotypical Final Fantasy story. i don't know what it was, but it failed as a Final Fantasy film, but would have been good just called TSW. AC only succedded so well as it was Final Fantasy 7, and people already knew the characters, and the backstory so not much was needed to be explained, but as a stand alone film it would have failed very badly. If SE make a film they need to have it linked to Final Fantasy to succedd, or not shove the Final Fantasy label on it.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fs_metal
[QUOTE="liquid_s"]But the first movie was not what people had as a stereotypical Final Fantasy story. i don't know what it was, but it failed as a Final Fantasy film, but would have been good just called TSW. AC only succedded so well as it was Final Fantasy 7, and people already knew the characters, and the backstory so not much was needed to be explained, but as a stand alone film it would have failed very badly. If SE make a film they need to have it linked to Final Fantasy to succedd, or not shove the Final Fantasy label on it.

AC is not a good flick

TSW is a real FF flick
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 liquid_s
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="liquid_s"]But the first movie was not what people had as a stereotypical Final Fantasy story. i don't know what it was, but it failed as a Final Fantasy film, but would have been good just called TSW. AC only succedded so well as it was Final Fantasy 7, and people already knew the characters, and the backstory so not much was needed to be explained, but as a stand alone film it would have failed very badly. If SE make a film they need to have it linked to Final Fantasy to succedd, or not shove the Final Fantasy label on it.

AC is not a good flick

TSW is a real FF flick

What makes TSW in a good FF flick? There is nothing FF in it, except the Fantasy element, and there is no sense of real characterisation or real plot building. The only reason AC passes as a 'FF flick' is because its a fanboy movie, made for fanboys to get SE more cash. If they had done it on FF6 it may not have sold aswell.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eztarg8
[QUOTE="liquid_s"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="liquid_s"]But the first movie was not what people had as a stereotypical Final Fantasy story. i don't know what it was, but it failed as a Final Fantasy film, but would have been good just called TSW. AC only succedded so well as it was Final Fantasy 7, and people already knew the characters, and the backstory so not much was needed to be explained, but as a stand alone film it would have failed very badly. If SE make a film they need to have it linked to Final Fantasy to succedd, or not shove the Final Fantasy label on it.

AC is not a good flick

TSW is a real FF flick

What makes TSW in a good FF flick? There is nothing FF in it, except the Fantasy element, and there is no sense of real characterisation or real plot building. The only reason AC passes as a 'FF flick' is because its a fanboy movie, made for fanboys to get SE more cash. If they had done it on FF6 it may not have sold aswell.

True that but i would have seen that one too.(6 RULES!) TSW had no good elements of a good movie and it had a story that didn't fit well together. It was an ok first try, but it still blew.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fs_metal
[QUOTE="liquid_s"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="liquid_s"]But the first movie was not what people had as a stereotypical Final Fantasy story. i don't know what it was, but it failed as a Final Fantasy film, but would have been good just called TSW. AC only succedded so well as it was Final Fantasy 7, and people already knew the characters, and the backstory so not much was needed to be explained, but as a stand alone film it would have failed very badly. If SE make a film they need to have it linked to Final Fantasy to succedd, or not shove the Final Fantasy label on it.

AC is not a good flick

TSW is a real FF flick

What makes it a great flick is it's good story, interesting comcepts and ideas, wonderful art and amazing CG that takes it to the next level.

As for what is FF about it:

I am going to explain to you why this movie is, at heart a Final Fantasy, despite what the gamers may say or think. Upon viewing it again today, I realized that it IS Final Fantasy

First and foremost, each Final Fantasy game stars a unique set of characters. Each one has a new world and a new story and plot line that it follows. The way that the world works is different for each game. Every game is completely different from the previous one, with only a few connecting staples. That is why there are so many games without it being boring and repetitive. Do you see any other series that goes on for 12 games straight and is still amazing? Didn't think so. In keeping with this tradition, the world and characters in The Spirit Within are all brand new. This also applies to the story, though it has some serious tie ins with previous FF games

Now lets talk about the story. The story centers arround a HUGE Final Fantasy main stay in that its centeral point is that there is a life force for the planet that is the origin of all life. That is Gaia. When life is born on the planet, the spirit is taken from Gaia and put into the being. When life is taken, the spirit rejoins Gaia. You should all recognize this from Final Fantasy 7 in particular. That game has the same thing. In both the game and the movie, the heros travel to the earth's core to save the planet. Another main stay in the story is that the lead character has an arch nemesis that has an alternate plan to save the planet. Things like this are common in FF. It is the main characters obligation to stop the said person from carrying out their plan because it will hurt the earth. The arch nemesis is a loner. He goes his own way and goes out of his way to achieve his goals. Again, this is common in FF bad guys. One last thing: When all hope is seemingly lost, there is a major plot twist that instills new hope in the characters and allows them to achieve victory. This is also fairly common in FF. When you reach the final show down, it is not against who you think it would be against. It is, instead, against some unexpected other gigantic being. In this case, it was the Gaia of another planet.

The party is another strong tie in. The movie starts off with one character. You cannot help but wonder just what the **bleep** she is doing and why she is being attacked by the phantoms. As teh plot unfolds, people join her to form a party that is fighting for what they believe to be right, even though the masses seem to disagree with what the said party believes in. Again, this is a common them in FF. Members join nad leave the party at different points during the movie and at multiple times, they split up. A few members of the party die, and one member of it is very doubtful about what the primary members believe in, but is converted at the end. Members of it sacrefice their lives so that the rest of the group might escape. All of this happens commonly in FF. Then there is Cid. They spelled it Sid in the movie. That I cannot explain, but he still exists

Alot of people complain about the movie being a mixture of science fiction and fantasy. Science fiction for the technology and fantasy for the spirits and Gaia. I don't even understand this complaint though. Is Final Fantasy 7 not both a sci fi and a fantasy? 8 is the same way. Why complain about it when it has been done in the 2 best selling FF games? There is no reason to complain about this, unless you are going to star complaining about FF7 and 8 as well

Another thing I have seen people mention is that the movie has no summons in it. If you have played the first FF, you should not be complaining about this either. That game had no summons in it. Does that make it any less Final Fantasy than the later games? Does that make it not an amazing game? No. It does not. That game is still regarded as the masterpiece that it deserves to be regarded as. So it has no summons? So what! They were not always in FF

One more thing that I wanted to touch up on is that alot of people complain about the story being no where near as complex or as good as the games. My question to you is, "How could it?" How is it possible that that movie can have the complex and amazing story lines that can be found in the games? We are talking about an hour and 47 mintues of movie here vs. 40+ hours of game. That 40+ hours of game leaves a hell of alot more time for the story to develope, and it leaves room for alot more fantastic plot twists. The Spirit Within was not without it's share of good plot twists, however. They did a decent job with what time they had. The story is rather complex for an hour and a half long movie, with some cool and unexpected plot twists in it. Do not complain about the story, for they did the best they could with how little time was offered in it compared to the games. The story is certainly more complex than Advent Children

In the movie, essentially what kicks off the chain of events is that what is thought to be a meteor crashes into Earth. It is not actually shown, but you know it happens. How else would there be an impact crater? In Final Fantasy 5, a meteor crashing into Earth is also what sets the series of events in motion. In the game, however, it is actually shown

The last thing people complain about is that the characters are dry. I cannot argue with this. They are dry. They are not acted incredibly well and are, for the most part, very vague in personality. There is not much character developement. I must admit that I do not like this about the movie

Anyway, this is becoming long winded, so I will wrap it up. Instead of hating The Spirit Within for what it's not, love it for what it is. It does not tie in directly with the other FF games, but rather borrows common themes from them to be a stand alone movie. Just like all the FF's before it and since, it is it's own movie. It is not a sequel (well, save 10-2 but whatever). I hope I was able to shed some new light and change some thoughts on this movie, and I hope that the next time that you watch it, your eyes will be opened to what it really is and how good it really is. Again, do not hate it for what it's not. Love it for what it is: a new and unique Final Fantasy.

I posted this ages ago on the PSU board and have posted it many places since
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Anyway, I can't believe i actually read all those.

Yes, what you said is absolutely true. And those are the things that CAN be found in TSW all right. But truly, those that you have said, CAN be found in other sotries too. But then again, those are the things FF mainly plants its focus on.

And come on.... anyone who does say AC is good... uhh.. needs to re-consider his/her statement. I think i've really really said this many many times: "The only thing that makes AC a FF is because it originates from an original FF." If you wanna talk about story, even TSW can make a better FF story :roll:

I want a FFX prequel. If that can be arranged..... [there was this rumor a while ago, but it doesn't seem likely now :(]

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fs_metal
After X-2, I don't want anym more FFX. Don't ruin it any further
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kinetic-core
After X-2, I don't want anym more FFX. Don't ruin it any furtherfs_metal
come on... :P a prequel starring jecht, auron and braska may be nice. I mean, imagine the part where Braska had to leave his little daughter to go on a pilgrimage. sweet
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]After X-2, I don't want anym more FFX. Don't ruin it any furtherkinetic-core
come on... :P a prequel starring jecht, auron and braska may be nice. I mean, imagine the part where Braska had to leave his little daughter to go on a pilgrimage. sweet

I have this horrible image of Auron jumping, claping and going "Yay! Yay! we are going to Zanarkand!" in my head. I fear I won't sleep tonight
zerroth101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zerroth101
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]After X-2, I don't want anym more FFX. Don't ruin it any furtherfs_metal

I have this horrible image of Auron jumping, claping and going "Yay! Yay! we are going to Zanarkand!" in my head. I fear I won't sleep tonight

lol that sounds disturbing.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]After X-2, I don't want anym more FFX. Don't ruin it any furtherzerroth101

It is. Rikku doing stuff like that was bad enough
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IpodHero176

[QUOTE="zerroth101"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]After X-2, I don't want anym more FFX. Don't ruin it any furtherfs_metal

It is. Rikku doing stuff like that was bad enough

So true, yet scary.

jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#21 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
no. i would want a game sequel to IX.
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 liquid_s
There is nothing else to continue with in IX
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fs_metal
I imagine there is room for expansion. What happened to Zidane during his extended absense at the end of the game? What happened to Kuja?
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
[QUOTE="liquid_s"]But the first movie was not what people had as a stereotypical Final Fantasy story. i don't know what it was, but it failed as a Final Fantasy film, but would have been good just called TSW. AC only succedded so well as it was Final Fantasy 7, and people already knew the characters, and the backstory so not much was needed to be explained, but as a stand alone film it would have failed very badly. If SE make a film they need to have it linked to Final Fantasy to succedd, or not shove the Final Fantasy label on it.

I have to agree that TSW failed as a Final Fantasy film, but if people just could see it as a film, well then it would be great!
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jordina

I imagine there is room for expansion. What happened to Zidane during his extended absense at the end of the game? What happened to Kuja?fs_metal

necron and the weird history we find in oilvert would be interesting too.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fs_metal
This is true. I always thought of Necron as something similar to Satan. Someone the crew has to fight to gain their life back after Kuja kills them all
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 liquid_s
This is true. I always thought of Necron as something similar to Satan. Someone the crew has to fight to gain their life back after Kuja kills them allfs_metal
Necron is the true form of the life tree, and is the one that fills the world with monsters due to spreading his wrath (or mist) over the world. And no, they didnt have to fight to gain their life back, they are in the Zero World basically, and Necron wants to destroy the world once and for all, but the crew are holding onto hope via friendship. The crystal was destroyed by Kuja, hence why they are where they are.
I imagine there is room for expansion. What happened to Zidane during his extended absense at the end of the game? What happened to Kuja?fs_metal
Theres only about half a year gap at most. And its pretty obvious, Kuja's time run out, he died, Zidane managed to escape, thanks to his brother most likely. Not much else to tell.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

FFIX doesnt have the fan support to make a film on its own and I doubt SE will make a film on that ....more likely to do a successful game (on a level par to FFVII) such as FFXII

Also TSW wasnt bad, the fight scenes were garbage in comparison to Advent Children however the story element was pretty damn good, although some points of the movie....were ....just....retarded :P ......

Advent Children.....dispite its amazing fight scenes offered little else, I dont even know how it fits into the plot if you consider Midgar from FFVII than AC than DoC ....its like wtf....it is suddenly abandoned? Also they didnt really introduce the villlians nor did they really expand on the story...all that happened really was Sephiroth came back than died....omg?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]This is true. I always thought of Necron as something similar to Satan. Someone the crew has to fight to gain their life back after Kuja kills them allliquid_s
Necron is the true form of the life tree, and is the one that fills the world with monsters due to spreading his wrath (or mist) over the world. And no, they didnt have to fight to gain their life back, they are in the Zero World basically, and Necron wants to destroy the world once and for all, but the crew are holding onto hope via friendship. The crystal was destroyed by Kuja, hence why they are where they are.
Theres only about half a year gap at most. And its pretty obvious, Kuja's time run out, he died, Zidane managed to escape, thanks to his brother most likely. Not much else to tell.

There is obviously something else to tell, or it wouldn't have taken Zidane a whole year to get back

Yours is just as  much a theory as mine is
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fs_metal

FFIX doesnt have the fan support to make a film on its own and I doubt SE will make a film on that ....more likely to do a successful game (on a level par to FFVII) such as FFXII

Also TSW wasnt bad, the fight scenes were garbage in comparison to Advent Children however the story element was pretty damn good, although some points of the movie....were ....just....retarded :P ......

Advent Children.....dispite its amazing fight scenes offered little else, I dont even know how it fits into the plot if you consider Midgar from FFVII than AC than DoC ....its like wtf....it is suddenly abandoned? Also they didnt really introduce the villlians nor did they really expand on the story...all that happened really was Sephiroth came back than died....omg?

DRUNK_CANADIAN
How little do you know about film, I wonder? I do not pretend to be an expert, or anything close to it. Everything I know is self taught through watching movies and through research, but I know a badly choreographed fight scene when I see one, and Advent Children has some of the worst.

FFIX does have an extremely large fan base, as does every other FF game, including X-2
ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#31 ILuvCharmed1s
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

fs_metal
How little do you know about film, I wonder? I do not pretend to be an expert, or anything close to it. Everything I know is self taught through watching movies and through research, but I know a badly choreographed fight scene when I see one, and Advent Children has some of the worst.

FFIX does have an extremely large fan base, as does every other FF game, including X-2

Dude you should be some kind of critic or something. Movies and games y'know lol. I liked Advent children and I liked DoC which you really hated lol. But hey every1 has different taste. (I think bad critic opinion rox cuz I usually like it then lol) About the main question above, should square enix make?, I think they should do a stand-a-lone movie but make it more final fantasy. They need summons, magic, that sort of thing. I don't think spirits within was that good. However tahts cuz I love the game. I talk to people who hate the games but love that film, because they have nothing in common with the game other than CG graphics.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fs_metal
I love TSW and the games *shrug*
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kinetic-core

I love TSW and the games *shrug*fs_metal

:| we know......

Anyway, I don't know about the "badly-choreographed" fight scenes in AC. In fact, i think the only good thing about AC is the cool fight scenes and the CG. Nothing else. And now, you're even taking that away from AC. :roll: hmm...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fs_metal
Seriously, they could take a lesson from the Quinten Tarantino Kill Bill School of Choreography, or any number of old Samurai movies...or the Matrix for that matter.
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jordina
i could not stop laughing inside at that incredibly cheesy fight scene in matrix reloaded where he is fighting all the agent smiths. good highway scene though.
ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ILuvCharmed1s
Well here we get another we hate advent children thread lol
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DRUNK_CANADIAN

i could not stop laughing inside at that incredibly cheesy fight scene in matrix reloaded where he is fighting all the agent smiths. good highway scene though.jordina

Second Matrix actually had good fight scenes I think lol :P ..Third one....well....F--k no :P

Advent Children had good fight sequences...comon....I mean...I really havnt seen much better than that and I have seen numerous action movies....and i mean numerous

.....I just didn't like how suddenly Clouds gavity defying hair is replaced with gravity defying fight scenes, I could see perhaps Sephiroth performing such on occasion....like the flips and stuff were cool, but when he like flys and hits Cloud lol....g@yness......I  think I smell Dragon Ball Z all over again roflz ....remember that show anyone?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fs_metal
All that tells me is that you have no idea what to look for in a fight scene

I hate Dragon Ball Z, and I hate the fact that the fight scenes in AC were just plain rediculous like that. Atleast, in the Matrix, there was a valid explanation as to why people could defy gravity
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 liquid_s

I hate Dragon Ball Z, and I hate the fact that the fight scenes in AC were just plain rediculous like that. Atleast, in the Matrix, there was a valid explanation as to why people could defy gravity
fs_metal
>.> Because the title Final FANTASY does not tell you enough
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fs_metal
Even in most fantasy and sci fi films (AC is not a fantasy film. IT is a sci fi one) humans can't just defy gravity without some reason as to why they can do it, which results in AC's doing just that stupid
ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ILuvCharmed1s
Hows it sci fi its not set in space, no invading aliens, no robotic mechanic things. I dunno what it is but I wouldn't say Sci-fi. Spirits within I think had all 3 of them in so that was sci fi.
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
True science fiction is usually set in a world similar to our own with only a few differences. It usually asks a question concerning science, for exmaple, Isaac Asimov asked "What if we developed Artificial Intelligence?" in his short story "I, Robot". Wikipedia says:
Science fiction (often abbreviated to sci-fi or SF) is a broad genre of fiction in which the narrative world differs from our own present or historical reality in at least one significant way. This difference may be technological, physical, historical, or sociological, but it should always be logically explicable with reference to the world we know (thus distinguishing science fiction from the closely related genre of fantasy). Exploring the consequences of such differences (asking "What if...?") is the traditional purpose of science fiction, making it a "literature of ideas" Wikipedia
So really AC is Fantasy, not science fiction.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DRUNK_CANADIAN

fs_metal

The fight scenes were like the Matrix and it made sense in the respects that the Mako/lifestream made them super human....however the normal people doing all that crazy stuff....ya thats just dumb....if Cloud could fly...why didnt he use those powers in FFVII.....why did they need an airship?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fs_metal
There is no answer to that. Cloud shouldn't be able to fly.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fs_metal
[QUOTE="Darmi"]True science fiction is usually set in a world similar to our own with only a few differences. It usually asks a question concerning science, for exmaple, Isaac Asimov asked "What if we developed Artificial Intelligence?" in his short story "I, Robot". Wikipedia says:
Science fiction (often abbreviated to sci-fi or SF) is a broad genre of fiction in which the narrative world differs from our own present or historical reality in at least one significant way. This difference may be technological, physical, historical, or sociological, but it should always be logically explicable with reference to the world we know (thus distinguishing science fiction from the closely related genre of fantasy). Exploring the consequences of such differences (asking "What if...?") is the traditional purpose of science fiction, making it a "literature of ideas" Wikipedia
So really AC is Fantasy, not science fiction.

No. AC is Sci Fi and what you posted proves it. WHAT IF the earth had it's own life force? WHAT IF someone decided to experiment on humans using that life force? Sci fi. Not fantasy./
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fs_metal
Hows it sci fi its not set in space, no invading aliens, no robotic mechanic things. I dunno what it is but I wouldn't say Sci-fi. Spirits within I think had all 3 of them in so that was sci fi. ILuvCharmed1s
Sci fi does not have to be set in space to be sci fi. Take Gojira for example. It is undisputable that that film is sience fiction, but it takes place on Earth.

FFVII did have robots. Remember Proud Clod? It may be from the game and not the movie, but it is still the same world.

Last time I checked, Jenova, a central plot device of the game and the movie, was an alien
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 liquid_s
Final Fantasy is Fantasy not sci-fi. Science Fiction is a story of something that is closely related to this world, with things that could actually happen. Fantasy is pure fantasy noir, such as AC with magic, dragons, and such. And yes, the flying is possible with nearly everything, and do not say Cloud shouldnt fly. He isnt flying, he is going through the sky. If he was to fly, he would just fly everywhere, but he just speeds through the air in battles. And the reason he couldnt in the game is because if he did it would just ruin many of the dungeons. Get over the fact of the game, and realise that they do not need to totally equal each other. It is FANTASY, so Cloud and co can do what they want.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fs_metal
[QUOTE="liquid_s"]Final Fantasy is Fantasy not sci-fi. Science Fiction is a story of something that is closely related to this world, with things that could actually happen. Fantasy is pure fantasy noir, such as AC with magic, dragons, and such. And yes, the flying is possible with nearly everything, and do not say Cloud shouldnt fly. He isnt flying, he is going through the sky. If he was to fly, he would just fly everywhere, but he just speeds through the air in battles. And the reason he couldnt in the game is because if he did it would just ruin many of the dungeons. Get over the fact of the game, and realise that they do not need to totally equal each other. It is FANTASY, so Cloud and co can do what they want.

Cloud shouldn't fly. It is not possible without the aid fo something like an airplane

FFVII and all it's spin offs and sequels are sci fi, not fantasy. Science Fiction does not have to be something closely related to this world. Many science fiction involves fictional worlds that operate on a different set of rules from our own. AC does this. AC is sci fi

Even if AC was fantasy, which it's not, it should still have some respect for gravity. It doesn't.
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 liquid_s
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="liquid_s"]Final Fantasy is Fantasy not sci-fi. Science Fiction is a story of something that is closely related to this world, with things that could actually happen. Fantasy is pure fantasy noir, such as AC with magic, dragons, and such. And yes, the flying is possible with nearly everything, and do not say Cloud shouldnt fly. He isnt flying, he is going through the sky. If he was to fly, he would just fly everywhere, but he just speeds through the air in battles. And the reason he couldnt in the game is because if he did it would just ruin many of the dungeons. Get over the fact of the game, and realise that they do not need to totally equal each other. It is FANTASY, so Cloud and co can do what they want.

Cloud shouldn't fly. It is not possible without the aid fo something like an airplane

FFVII and all it's spin offs and sequels are sci fi, not fantasy. Science Fiction does not have to be something closely related to this world. Many science fiction involves fictional worlds that operate on a different set of rules from our own. AC does this. AC is sci fi

Even if AC was fantasy, which it's not, it should still have some respect for gravity. It doesn't.

Half Life is sci-fi, Final Fantasy is Fantasy. Sci-fi involves science, and many more closely realistic realm type stuff, no magic but usually aliens. Final Fantasy is about magic and fantasy creatures, and fantasy realms.
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 liquid_s
This is sci fi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction This is fantasy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy Final Fantasy fulls under the fantasy term!