ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ILuvCharmed1s
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
[QUOTE="ILuvCharmed1s"]Hows it sci fi its not set in space, no invading aliens, no robotic mechanic things. I dunno what it is but I wouldn't say Sci-fi. Spirits within I think had all 3 of them in so that was sci fi. fs_metal
Sci fi does not have to be set in space to be sci fi. Take Gojira for example. It is undisputable that that film is sience fiction, but it takes place on Earth.

FFVII did have robots. Remember Proud Clod? It may be from the game and not the movie, but it is still the same world.

Last time I checked, Jenova, a central plot device of the game and the movie, was an alien

*scowls* oh I hate it wen people prove me wrong lol. :P oh well I'd still rathyer believe it was fantasy so leave me to believe what I want and don't ruin my imagery lol
Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
Final Fantasy VII is pseudo-science fiction. It changes too much for it to be considered real science fiction. At best it can be fantasy-sci-fi but it is definitely not pure science fiction.
ILuvCharmed1s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ILuvCharmed1s
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts
well thats true. I mean as far as I know dragons aren't sci-fi and they put bahamut in this film. Dragons are mythical beasts and mythical=fantasy. But ye I guess the weapons are a mix of medievil and sci-fi. For example, Barrets gun/arm/thing in the film can transform into a hand and a gun so thats more sci fi but things like Vincents hand gun, Clouds sword, and Tifas fists and Yuffies shuriken isn't sci fi. I guess I wouldn't say Medi-evil though either. More modern day I suppose. Also Vincent transforms into weird mythical things.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="liquid_s"]Final Fantasy is Fantasy not sci-fi. Science Fiction is a story of something that is closely related to this world, with things that could actually happen. Fantasy is pure fantasy noir, such as AC with magic, dragons, and such. And yes, the flying is possible with nearly everything, and do not say Cloud shouldnt fly. He isnt flying, he is going through the sky. If he was to fly, he would just fly everywhere, but he just speeds through the air in battles. And the reason he couldnt in the game is because if he did it would just ruin many of the dungeons. Get over the fact of the game, and realise that they do not need to totally equal each other. It is FANTASY, so Cloud and co can do what they want.liquid_s
Cloud shouldn't fly. It is not possible without the aid fo something like an airplane

FFVII and all it's spin offs and sequels are sci fi, not fantasy. Science Fiction does not have to be something closely related to this world. Many science fiction involves fictional worlds that operate on a different set of rules from our own. AC does this. AC is sci fi

Even if AC was fantasy, which it's not, it should still have some respect for gravity. It doesn't.

Half Life is sci-fi, Final Fantasy is Fantasy. Sci-fi involves science, and many more closely realistic realm type stuff, no magic but usually aliens. Final Fantasy is about magic and fantasy creatures, and fantasy realms.

FFI-VI are fantasy. FFVII and FFVIII are both sci fi though. There is a huge difference in the setting, technology and world that make them sci fi games, and not fantasy.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 fs_metal
This is sci fi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction This is fantasy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy Final Fantasy fulls under the fantasy term!liquid_s
FFI-VI, IX, XI, XII and both Tactics games are fantasy. That much is true. FFX is really a mix. IT has some sci fi stuff when you are in a big city. You spend most of your time not in big cities, though. Outside of them, it is pure fantasy. X-2 mixes in alot more sci fi than X did. VII and VIII are sci fi though.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 fs_metal
well thats true. I mean as far as I know dragons aren't sci-fi and they put bahamut in this film. Dragons are mythical beasts and mythical=fantasy. But ye I guess the weapons are a mix of medievil and sci-fi. For example, Barrets gun/arm/thing in the film can transform into a hand and a gun so thats more sci fi but things like Vincents hand gun, Clouds sword, and Tifas fists and Yuffies shuriken isn't sci fi. I guess I wouldn't say Medi-evil though either. More modern day I suppose. Also Vincent transforms into weird mythical things. ILuvCharmed1s
Vincent is capable of transforming into wierd and mythical beings because of science experiments done to him in the past
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#57 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts
fs your starting to become quite irritating. Final Fantasy is a fantasy game, so what if their is technology, it is set in another world, one where anything could be advanced. But there is still dragons, magic and mystical creatures, hence it is still fantasy, not sci fi. Sci fi is a story that is linked to this world, but has some differences, i.e time, place, technology, outer space, aliens. Yes, Final Fantasy has some of these, but it is not set in the real world.
STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
explain why they are "sci-fi"