macacd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#1 macacd
Member since 2003 • 2675 Posts

I was never one to spend huge amounts of money on joysticks, I'd always go for the budget model in the local computer store which was my main mistake.

The game made me break the most joysticks to the point that I was banned from playing them were ski or die with the ski jump mode and Graham Gooch cricket. Both games involved shaking the joystick violently from left to right as fast as you can. This action would generally mean the leaver section of the joystick becoming separated from the base.

Thankfully with the progression from joystick to joypad I no longer have this issue.

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

The thing that used to kill my Joysticks, was when id spend money on some crazy joystick thta had a million buttons and looked totally awesome. the things would last about 3 weeks of SWOS before theyd die.

Zipsticks for the win!

zipstick

samsengir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 samsengir
Member since 2004 • 4066 Posts
I never got on well with any joystick to be honest. They all seemed to break on me pretty quickly (mostly by breaking the directional switches out of their mountings) so I always preferred keys until..... I got my Megadrive. I noticed that the ports were the same so just plugged in a joypad and tried it with my Amiga. Worked a treat! :)
dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

I never got on well with any joystick to be honest. They all seemed to break on me pretty quickly (mostly by breaking the directional switches out of their mountings) so I always preferred keys until..... I got my Megadrive. I noticed that the ports were the same so just plugged in a joypad and tried it with my Amiga. Worked a treat! :)samsengir

what? really? omg
I totally didnt know that :D

aocyepg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 aocyepg
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I used to play with some old Atari 2600 and Quickshot joysticks and never had any problems. I broke joysticks but never playing Amiga games, instead I had a C64 with some joystick intensive games such as Decathlon and Summer Games series.
DirkRendar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 DirkRendar
Member since 2003 • 724 Posts

Yeah, I remember using my Sega Genesis controllers. Only the B button would work but they made good backups in case one of our joysticks broke. My Dad used to break his special left handed controllers playing World Circuit and F-18: Interceptor.

I don't think I ever broke a joystick... At least I can't remember breaking one.

Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
Not a amiga game but a C64 game called Decathlon where you had to waggle the joystick from side to side to run... Very destructive game
macacd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 macacd
Member since 2003 • 2675 Posts
Another game that just came to me, Graham Gooch cricket. To get any pace or spin in your deliveries you needed to trash the joystick from side to side, if i remember right i had a super budget joystick which the handle become removed from the rectangular base.
marqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 marqo
Member since 2003 • 110 Posts

The thing that used to kill my Joysticks, was when id spend money on some crazy joystick thta had a million buttons and looked totally awesome. the things would last about 3 weeks of SWOS before theyd die.

Zipsticks for the win!

zipstick

dannyodwyer
For my own interest i never liked your kind of joystick. I loved the Tac2 joystick best Tac2 If i remember everything correctly Tac2 hade to be produced in USA not in Taiwan/Kina to have the best quality. I suppose games like Lotus series, Silkworm and Waggle o mania broke my joysticks all the time:D //Marq
Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
I remember those Tac-2s use to buy two at a time for just such an occassion