Xbox users brought the price increase upon themselves.

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

[QUOTE="Twixty"]

60 a year? thats nothing bro nothing

SAGE_OF_FIRE

And you get nothing with it bro nothing. See the argument is not the amount of money, it's what your spending it on.

Wrong, he gets access to the services offered by Xbox Live Gold. That isn't 'nothing'.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#102 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

The main problem with these kinds of threads is that one person cannot force their definition of value on to another. You've lost before you clicked the "new topic" button. If I blow 100 bucks on candy bar, some anonymous dude's opinion on why it was a waste or what I could otherwise have spent my 100 bucks on is completely invalid. People making several threads a day about it isn't going to change the outcome, nor does it make you smarter than the people who don't have a problem with it.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

Yep sucks for those people and that's my opinioon. Everyone else gets to do it for free.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="UnnDunn"]

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="Twixty"]

And you get nothing with it bro nothing. See the argument is not the amount of money, it's what your spending it on.

Wrong, he gets access to the services offered by Xbox Live Gold. That isn't 'nothing'.

Yet gets charge for something that should be nothing(free online play). Everything else could be optional but isn't. Everyone else gets something out of nothing except lems.
KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

Why should you care TC? Don't like it, don't pay for it, simple. Have fun gaming on principle with your PS3, PC, or Wii. I personally prefer Xbox Live to all the other options (and yes I own all consoles, and game some on PC) so will continue to pay. Would I like it to be free? Sure, who wouldn't? Fact of the matter is gaming is an expensive hobbby, thankfully, I can afford just about anything related to gaming that I want. The day I can't is when I'll settle for cheap and free. Have fun gaming on principle next week, I will be having fun with friends on Xbox Live playing Halo Reach.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 edo-tensei

Why should you care TC? Don't like it, don't pay for it, simple. Have fun gaming on principle with your PS3, PC, or Wii. I personally prefer Xbox Live to all the other options (and yes I own all consoles, and game some on PC) so will continue to pay. Would I like it to be free? Sure, who wouldn't? Fact of the matter is gaming is an expensive hobbby, thankfully, I can afford just about anything related to gaming that I want. The day I can't is when I'll settle for cheap and free. Have fun gaming on principle next week, I will be having fun with friends on Xbox Live playing Halo Reach.

KalEl370
If consumers spoke with their wallets and went on a strike then it would become free like you want it. Not going to happen though. It's cattering to the same crowd who buys a new cod every year and play nothing else.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="Twixty"]

edo-tensei
My nothing is better that yours, mine is actually nothing.

and you've chosen to not pay for the service. it all comes down to consumer choice.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 clone01
[QUOTE="KalEl370"]

edo-tensei
If consumers spoke with their wallets and went on a strike then it would become free like you want it. Not going to happen though. It's cattering to the same crowd who buys a new cod every year and play nothing else.

i disagree...the big selling point for me is party chat. heck, my friend and i used to play demon's souls all the time using party chat. honestly, i also really like the integration. for me, that's worth the fee. although i do realize that people feel otherwise.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 heretrix

[QUOTE="KalEl370"]

edo-tensei

ANNND you still miss the point. You don't share the same values as the people who are paying. WHy would people strike if they don't have a reason to? You might, but there are lots of people just fine with XBL and believe it's better than PSN.

You are never going to change that.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="KalEl370"]

i disagree...the big selling point for me is party chat. heck, my friend and i used to play demon's souls all the time using party chat. honestly, i also really like the integration. for me, that's worth the fee. although i do realize that people feel otherwise.

Party chat SHOULD be optional, it's not. You're basically paying to play, that alone counters(in a negative way) the benefits of live features.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="KalEl370"]

ANNND you still miss the point. You don't share the same values as the people who are paying. WHy would people strike if they don't have a reason to? You might, but there are lots of people just fine with XBL and believe it's better than PSN.

You don't have a reason? OH REALLY? Wouldn't you like it free and optional?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 heretrix

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="edo-tensei"] If consumers spoke with their wallets and went on a strike then it would become free like you want it. Not going to happen though. It's cattering to the same crowd who buys a new cod every year and play nothing else. edo-tensei

Party chat SHOULD be optional, it's not. You're basically paying to play, that alone counters(in a negative way) the benefits of live features.

You are in no position to determine what should be optional in MS's service. If you feel that way then why don't you drop a few billion out there, create your own service and then give it away? You know because it's free somewhere else.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] If consumers spoke with their wallets and went on a strike then it would become free like you want it. Not going to happen though. It's cattering to the same crowd who buys a new cod every year and play nothing else. edo-tensei

I wish everything was free dude. It isn't. I got over that when I was twelve.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 clone01
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="edo-tensei"] If consumers spoke with their wallets and went on a strike then it would become free like you want it. Not going to happen though. It's cattering to the same crowd who buys a new cod every year and play nothing else. edo-tensei

no, you're not paying to play at all. psn, nintendo, and PC offer free alternatives.
ArtisTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ArtisTool
Member since 2010 • 509 Posts

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="clone01"] i disagree...the big selling point for me is party chat. heck, my friend and i used to play demon's souls all the time using party chat. honestly, i also really like the integration. for me, that's worth the fee. although i do realize that people feel otherwise.heretrix

You are in no position to determine what should be optional in MS's service. If you feel that way then why don't you drop a few billion out there, create your own service and then give it away? You know because it's free somewhere else.

Hes giving his opinion based on logical facts, his opinion is the vast majority of gamers opinion, and it's based off years of different platforms and companies dealing with online a certain way. You act like hes asking for something that's never been done before and is against the norm. Quite frankly your stance and defensiveness is quite strange.
KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="KalEl370"]

edo-tensei

Most people buy an Xbox 360 KNOWING, that there is a charge for Xbox live. They choose to buy it. Like I said, you don't like it, don't buy it. Like I said, gaming is an expensive hobby, but that's what it is, a hobby. You don't have to do your gaming on Xbox, you have other choices, hell you don't even have to play video games, no one forces you to pay or play. I can drink water out of the faucet at home, but I would rather buy bottled water. If they up the price on the bottled water, guess what?, I will probably pay for that too. Have fun drinking from the tap.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="KalEl370"]

Of course you can change it. Speal with your wallet. If people played elsewhere, a place where it's free: PS3,wii, pc, ds,psp,etc; then m$ would have to adapt an make the service free. Likely not going to happen because people have little willpower. I would love to play many 360 games online, such as: cultcept saga(again), forza2,3 just to mane a few but I refuse to pay for something that should be free. My friends can go to ****, I won't be giving my hard earned money to m$ just because they feel like it. I have CHOICES, just like you said.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#119 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

The main problem with these kinds of threads is that one person cannot force their definition of value on to another. You've lost before you clicked the "new topic" button. If I blow 100 bucks on candy bar, some anonymous dude's opinion on why it was a waste or what I could otherwise have spent my 100 bucks on is completely invalid. People making several threads a day about it isn't going to change the outcome, nor does it make you smarter than the people who don't have a problem with it.

heretrix

What a nonsensical thing to say.

How does it make you not smarter than the person paying for it when you can basically get the same version for free? You're just making the matter fatter by adding things that don't exactly relate to one another. Sure, its a matter of choice. But don't say the person not choosing to pay $60 a year isn't smarter than the one paying for it.

Heck, you can pay 10 dollars less than Live with PS+ and you instantly get your money back wit an insane ammount of value.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="heretrix"]ANNND you still miss the point. You don't share the same values as the people who are paying. WHy would people strike if they don't have a reason to? You might, but there are lots of people just fine with XBL and believe it's better than PSN.

I wish everything was free dude. It isn't. I got over that when I was twelve.

Again bad choice of words, only spoiled brats act that way when money is concered.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] Party chat SHOULD be optional, it's not. You're basically paying to play, that alone counters(in a negative way) the benefits of live features.edo-tensei

Lame excuse is lame, why do you defend it. Do you like to be ripped off.

I'm just stating the facts. this isn't about getting ripped off. If I create something, market be damned, I can charge whatever the hell I want for it. Your options are to buy or not to buy.

This isn't a defense, it common sense and the way any market has worked since forever. I don't agree with the MS price increase AT ALL, but you cannot tell me just because someone can get something similar for cheaper elsewhere that MS should lower their price to make you or anyone else happy. That is absurd. It would be nice if they did, but I'm sure their shareholders like money.

It doesn't make you smarter than anyone else that you decided against XBL, it just doesn't hold value for you. It holds value for other people though.

Your perception of value =/= everyone else's perception of value. It's that simple.

Avatar image for NegativeAWESOME
NegativeAWESOME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NegativeAWESOME
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts
I won't be surprised to see Reach Map Packs $15 each with only 3 maps, and people will defend it to death because it has forge. Lame excuse.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
I really don't know how lemmings can defend against having online play for free, considering all other platforms get it as such. I understand that its a choice and you've no problems with it...but its still a pretty, sorry to be harsh but truthfully, its stupid to be ripped off so blatantly, especially some multiplay services are actually better than XBL multiplayer components (Hello PC gaming :P) Its like saying you would pay to breathe air while others do it for free. Sure its your choice but its still...kinda dumb, don't you think so? Not the most exact analogy but you get the picture...
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 heretrix

Heck, you can pay 10 dollars less than Live with PS+ and you instantly get your money back wit an insane ammount of value.

tonitorsi

It isn't even the same kind of service. :|

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 edo-tensei

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="heretrix"]You are in no position to determine what should be optional in MS's service. If you feel that way then why don't you drop a few billion out there, create your own service and then give it away? You know because it's free somewhere else.

heretrix

Lame excuse is lame, why do you defend it. Do you like to be ripped off.

I'm just stating the facts. this isn't about getting ripped off. If I create something, market be damned, I can charge whatever the hell I want for it. You options are to buy or not to buy.

This isn't a defense, it common sense and the way any market has worked since forever. I don't agree with the MS price increase AT ALL, but you cannot tell me just because someone can get something similar for cheaper elsewhere that MS should lower their price to make you or anyone else happy. That is absurd. I would be nice if they did, but I'm sure their shareholders like money.

It doesn't make you smarter than anyone else that you decided against XBL, it just doesn't hold value for you. It holds value for other people though.

Your perception of value =/= everyone else's perception of value. It's that simple.

Yeah and if it was free from now on then their perception of value would be the same as mine. It's that simple. And what's really absurd is that they charge money at all when nobody elsedoes yet people are willing to pay for it. Now that's absurd. Snmart bussiness choices have nothing to do with us the consumers, you're just looking for ways to defend m$ and live becauser that's what you pay and probably feel offended with what I'm saying(which is understandable).

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 edo-tensei
I really don't know how lemmings can defend against having online play for free, considering all other platforms get it as such. I understand that its a choice and you've no problems with it...but its still a pretty, sorry to be harsh but truthfully, its stupid to be ripped off so blatantly, especially some multiplay services are actually better than XBL multiplayer components (Hello PC gaming :P) Its like saying you would pay to breathe air while others do it for free. Sure its your choice but its still...kinda dumb, don't you think so? Not the most exact analogy but you get the picture...mirgamer
It's just that the people that pay for it feel it's a personal matter and don't see the bigger pic.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] Lame excuse is lame, why do you defend it. Do you like to be ripped off.edo-tensei

I'm just stating the facts. this isn't about getting ripped off. If I create something, market be damned, I can charge whatever the hell I want for it. You options are to buy or not to buy.

This isn't a defense, it common sense and the way any market has worked since forever. I don't agree with the MS price increase AT ALL, but you cannot tell me just because someone can get something similar for cheaper elsewhere that MS should lower their price to make you or anyone else happy. That is absurd. I would be nice if they did, but I'm sure their shareholders like money.

Yeah and if it was free from now on then their perception of value would be the same as mine. It's that simple. And what's really absurd is that they charge money at all when nobody elsedoes yet people are willing to pay for it. Now that's absurd. Snmart bussiness choices have nothing to do with us the consumers, you're just looking for ways to defend m$ and live becauser that's what you pay and probably feel offended with what I'm saying(which is understandable).

I'm a PC gamer and am used to not paying for multiplayer services. And yet, I have no issue paying for Live. You seem to have a habit of making ad hominem attacks and presenting your own experiences as universally accepted truth. This does not make for a good debate.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] Lame excuse is lame, why do you defend it. Do you like to be ripped off.edo-tensei

Lol. I don't care about MS. I'm just saying they have a right to charge whatever they want for their service even if it's free somewhere else. It's really a pity you can't come to terms with that.

I own multiple PCs, a PS3 and a 360, I've even owned a Wii at one time. I really don't need to defend MS here. It's their product, you either buy it or you don't.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]I'm just stating the facts. this isn't about getting ripped off. If I create something, market be damned, I can charge whatever the hell I want for it. You options are to buy or not to buy.

Lol. I don't care about MS. I'm just saying they have a right to charge whatever they want for their service even if it's free somewhere else. It's really a pity you can't come to terms with that.

No, I'm in perfect terms with that, that's why I don't pay for live. You on the other hand look at things from a bussiness sense instead of what you really feel about the subject. I think the one cofused here is you my friend, you even said you don't agree with the price increase yourself.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] Yeah and if it was free from now on then their perception of value would be the same as mine. It's that simple. And what's really absurd is that they charge money at all when nobody elsedoes yet people are willing to pay for it. Now that's absurd. Snmart bussiness choices have nothing to do with us the consumers, you're just looking for ways to defend m$ and live becauser that's what you pay and probably feel offended with what I'm saying(which is understandable).

edo-tensei

No, I'm in perfect terms with that, that's why I don't pay for live. You on the other hand look at things from a bussiness sense instead of what you really feel about the subject. I think the one cofused here is you my friend, you even said you don't agree with the price increase yourself.

Yes, I have to look at it from a business sense, because thats what Microsoft is, a business. It is what I really feel on the subject because I'm more interested in dealing with things from a factual standpoint than sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "LALALALALALALALA, I'm going to believe what I want."

As a consumer for ANYTHING, I go in with two choices: Buy it or Don't buy it. Beyond that everything else is nonsense.

What really hilarious about all of this is that you wouldn't be against the pricing issue so much if you didn't find some value in XBL, You just don't want to pay for it.

Mindblowing isn't it? Of course you'll deny it, I'm not surprised tho' that's pretty much your entire argument. ;)

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#132 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

The fee will only go up. Next raise will probably be next gen at maybe $70.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 edo-tensei

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="heretrix"]Lol. I don't care about MS. I'm just saying they have a right to charge whatever they want for their service even if it's free somewhere else. It's really a pity you can't come to terms with that.

heretrix

Yes, I have to look at it from a business sense, because thats what Microsoft is, a business. It is what I really feel on the subject because I'm more interested in dealing with things from a factual standpoint than sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "LALALALALALALALA, I'm going to believe what I want."

As a consumer for ANYTHING, I go in with two choices: Buy it or Don't buy it. Beyond that everything else is nonsense.

What really hilarious about all of this is that you wouldn't be against the pricing issue so much if you didn't find some value in XBL, You just don't want to pay for it.

Mindblowing isn't it? Of course you'll deny it, I'm not surprised tho' that's pretty much your entire argument. ;)

Yes you're right there's no value. More than half the library of online games i can play elsewhere for free. Hence why it's not worth it for me and a rip off. You obviously spend most of your time on the 360 soo whatever I say will be pointless even if I'm right ;). Oh and it's not believing what you or what I want, it's the facts like you said. And the fact is m$ is the only one that charges for online. But I guess everyone in sw is too bussy trying to be a bussiness analist lol.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Verge_6

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] No, I'm in perfect terms with that, that's why I don't pay for live. You on the other hand look at things from a bussiness sense instead of what you really feel about the subject. I think the one cofused here is you my friend, you even said you don't agree with the price increase yourself.edo-tensei

Yes you're right there's no value. More than half the library of online games i can play elsewhere for free. Hence why it's not worth it for me and a rip off. You obviously spend most of your time on the 360 soo whatever I say will be pointless even if I'm right ;). Oh and it's not believing what you or what I want, it's the facts like you said. And the fact is m$ is the only one that charges for online. But I guess everyone in sw is too bussy trying to be a bussiness analist lol.

Again with the personal attacks and opinions being presented as facts. I'll make note of this if you ever reply to any of my posts so I can save myself some time and not bother.
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
If paying for xblive gold is the atrocity that is repeated in threads like this over, and over, and over, and over again, it would fail. The contrary is actually the case and come Tuesday it will only become more successful.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]Yes, I have to look at it from a business sense, because thats what Microsoft is, a business. It is what I really feel on the subject because I'm more interested in dealing with things from a factual standpoint than sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "LALALALALALALALA, I'm going to believe what I want."

Again with the personal attacks and opinions being presented as facts. I'll make note of this if you ever reply to any of my posts so I can save myself some time and not bother.

I don't care because the reply wasn't to you, and you actually think that's a personal attack? Sensitive much?
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

but, "I can afford 60 dollars a year" is a perfectly fine thing to say. Honestly, people are putting to much into Principle and all that. 60 dollars isnt a big deal for what your getting, arguably the best onlien experince theyre is.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] No, I'm in perfect terms with that, that's why I don't pay for live. You on the other hand look at things from a bussiness sense instead of what you really feel about the subject. I think the one cofused here is you my friend, you even said you don't agree with the price increase yourself.edo-tensei

You should stop making assumptions about me. I spend more time on the PC than any of my consoles.

"More than half the library of online games i can play elsewhere for free. Hence why it's not worth it for me and a rip off"

And thus you prove my entire point in which you went of the rails a long time ago.

BUT- If you didn't REALLY want to play XBL you wouldn't spend so much time arguing about it.

I'm not interested in a Wii, therefore you'll rarely see me in a thread about it. Why? because I have no interest in it and the other consoles and PC serve my gaming interests just fine. So from my standpoint there only a few reasons you are here:

A. You want XBL but you don't want to pay for it. -I respect that and understand completely.

b. You are trolling. You basically have no point except to cry about XBL even though you never had the intention on paying for it and you just want to believe you are smarter than people who don't agree with you. -You are wasting your time.

c. You are confused and looking for a reasonable explanation for what makes XBL worth the money. -I can understand this position also and will say again, it all comes down to your perception of value and the factual breakdown of what makes live different from PSN (they are different).

Take your pick.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="edo-tensei"] Yes you're right there's no value. More than half the library of online games i can play elsewhere for free. Hence why it's not worth it for me and a rip off. You obviously spend most of your time on the 360 soo whatever I say will be pointless even if I'm right ;). Oh and it's not believing what you or what I want, it's the facts like you said. And the fact is m$ is the only one that charges for online. But I guess everyone in sw is too bussy trying to be a bussiness analist lol.

edo-tensei

I don't care because the reply wasn't to you, and you actually think that's a personal attack? Sensitive much?

You're making baseless claims against him ("You play 360 more than anything else") and accusing him of being more of a 'bussiness analist' than a gamer. Those are blatant ad hominem. You've seriously yet to bring anything to that amusing little debate other than personal preferences, insults, and boatloads of passive aggressiveness. Think it's time for you to change your game plan, buddy. ;)

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

I complained and I bet I've bought less DLCs than you:|

sorry, but these types of threads don't work, you're acting like everyone is the same, acts the same, thinks the same. you can pretend all you want though.

HavocV3
hows this change the fact that WAY too many people seem to NOT care about being overcharged? the TC is right!
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 XboximusPrime

[QUOTE="HavocV3"]

I complained and I bet I've bought less DLCs than you:|

sorry, but these types of threads don't work, you're acting like everyone is the same, acts the same, thinks the same. you can pretend all you want though.

soapandbubbles

hows this change the fact that WAY too many people seem to NOT care about being overcharged? the TC is right!

Well, your opinon on overcharged is different from others. Many think they are not overcahrged and they are happy to pay the money. Are you right and they are wrong?

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 edo-tensei

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Again with the personal attacks and opinions being presented as facts. I'll make note of this if you ever reply to any of my posts so I can save myself some time and not bother.Verge_6

You're making baseless claims against him and accusing him of being more of a 'bussiness analist' than a gamer. Those are blatant ad hominem. You've seriously yet to bring anything to that amusing little debate other than personal preferences, insults, and boatloads of passive aggressiveness. Think it's time for you to change your game plan, buddy. ;)

The one who seems to have a grudge here is you, You have yet to type any counteropinion to what I have said and are only attacking me based on the arguement that I'm having with another person. The one without a "gameplan" here is you my friend.:?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 heretrix

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]Yes, I have to look at it from a business sense, because thats what Microsoft is, a business. It is what I really feel on the subject because I'm more interested in dealing with things from a factual standpoint than sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "LALALALALALALALA, I'm going to believe what I want."

Verge_6

It's a matter of understanding and it's something he doesn't want to do. Any reasonable person reading my post should be able to see that I'm just saying "MS has a right to charge, you have a right not to pay".

Also, he does the "M$" thing.Sigh.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] I don't care because the reply wasn't to you, and you actually think that's a personal attack? Sensitive much?edo-tensei

You're making baseless claims against him and accusing him of being more of a 'bussiness analist' than a gamer. Those are blatant ad hominem. You've seriously yet to bring anything to that amusing little debate other than personal preferences, insults, and boatloads of passive aggressiveness. Think it's time for you to change your game plan, buddy. ;)

The one who seems to have a grudge here is you, You have yet to type any counteropinion to what I have said and are only attacking me based on the arguement that I'm having with another person. The one without a "gameplan" here is you my friend.:?

Why would I debate with you when you only counter with more preference and hostility? :D
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 edo-tensei
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"]

You should stop making assumptions about me. I spend more time on the PC than any of my consoles.

"More than half the library of online games i can play elsewhere for free. Hence why it's not worth it for me and a rip off"

And thus you prove my entire point in which you went of the rails a long time ago.

BUT- If you didn't REALLY want to play XBL you wouldn't spend so much time arguing about it.

I'm not interested in a Wii, therefore you'll rarely see me in a thread about it. Why? because I have no interest in it and the other consoles and PC serve my gaming interests just fine. So from my standpoint there only a few reasons you are here:

A. You want XBL but you don't want to pay for it. -I respect that and understand completely.

b. You are trolling. You basically have no point except to cry about XBL even though you never had the intention on paying for it and you just want to believe you are smarter than people who don't agree with you. -You are wasting your time.

c. You are confused and looking for a reasonable explanation for what makes XBL worth the money. -I can understand this position also and will say again, it all comes down to your perception of value and the factual breakdown of what makes live different from PSN (they are different).

Take your pick.

Damage control I call it. Everything I said in that previous post is the truth and it obviously clicked with you lol.
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 XboximusPrime

These articles are stupid to argue becaue people are still going to subscribe to it because they find it worth it. To say they are wrong in paying for it or stupid to pay for it is just wrong and pretentiouson your part.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 XboximusPrime

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] Yes you're right there's no value. More than half the library of online games i can play elsewhere for free. Hence why it's not worth it for me and a rip off. You obviously spend most of your time on the 360 soo whatever I say will be pointless even if I'm right ;). Oh and it's not believing what you or what I want, it's the facts like you said. And the fact is m$ is the only one that charges for online. But I guess everyone in sw is too bussy trying to be a bussiness analist lol.

edo-tensei

Take your pick.

Damage control I call it. Everything I said in that previous post is the truth and it obviously clicked with you lol.

How do you know what YOU say is the truth? I happily pay for Live for the community, the online stability, the ease of use, the fast downloads and etc. Are you going to tell me im wrong for willing to apy for stuff like that? Its better then going to PSN and not getting all that for free.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"] Yes you're right there's no value. More than half the library of online games i can play elsewhere for free. Hence why it's not worth it for me and a rip off. You obviously spend most of your time on the 360 soo whatever I say will be pointless even if I'm right ;). Oh and it's not believing what you or what I want, it's the facts like you said. And the fact is m$ is the only one that charges for online. But I guess everyone in sw is too bussy trying to be a bussiness analist lol.

edo-tensei

Take your pick.

So I guess it's B then.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="heretrix"]You should stop making assumptions about me. I spend more time on the PC than any of my consoles.

Take your pick.

XboximusPrime

How pretentious and Arrogantof you. How do you know what YOU say is the truth? Your going to grief people for finding value in the Live service? I happily pay for Live for the community, the online stability, the ease of use, the fast downloads and etc. Are you going to tell me im wrong for willing to apy for stuff like that? Its better then going to PSN and not getting all that for free.

He said it is not worth it for him, he didn't say that about others. How's that different from thinking that everyone should find it worth it? I sure as hell don't.
XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 XboximusPrime

[QUOTE="edo-tensei"][QUOTE="heretrix"]You should stop making assumptions about me. I spend more time on the PC than any of my consoles.

Take your pick.

heretrix

So I guess it's B then.

lol,I couldve told you that a couple posts ago. I mean, its like people who find value in PS Plus. First fo all, Value is very opinon based. Value to one person may not be value to me. I personaly dont find PS Plus a value because the stuff they are giving to me free or discounted is stuff I dont even want to begin with, so then I would just be Downlaoding them for the sake of beintg free, not much of a value their IMO. But if someone DID find value in it, im not going to say they are wrong. To do so is pretentious, arrogant and over all wrong because it makes me sound like I know better then they do.