Xbox One Vs PS3: Yikes, PS3 Wins.

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Pray_to_me (2837 posts) -

When the Xbox One was revealed earlier this year showing games that were embarrassingly fugly, most people figured that these games would at least be running in 1080P. Now with the horrifying revelation that most XBox one games are in fact running at 720P the disturbing realization is that the XBox one is closer in power to the Playstation 3 than it is to the Playstation 4.... Unsubstantiated claim? Hardly. Behold:

The Last of Us

Platform: PS3

Resolution: 720P

Dead Rising 3

Platform: XBOne

Killzone 3

Titanfall

God of War: Ascension

Ryse

Resolution: 900P

Eww, it's a little sad and disturbing but the real question is why? Why are games on Xbox one graphically sub par? Could it be the ancient ddr3 ram? It's low end gpu? Or do developers need more time to harness the power of the cloud? Only time will tell.

#2 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Gosh, how dumb can someone be? RESOLUTION DOES NOT EQUAL GOOD GRAPHICS. Put a PS1 game at 1080p and it still looks like a ps1 game.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29996 posts) -

* yawn*

#4 Edited by Desmonic (13753 posts) -

lol @ passing crappy blurry X1 images vs PS3 regular, clear images. You fail TC.

#5 Posted by Heil68 (43968 posts) -

lol, would read again.

#6 Posted by _Matt_ (8908 posts) -

Way to cherry pick them screenshots. I especially like the Ryse one where the shot has evidently been cropped to a quarter of it's original size, then blown up.

#7 Posted by delta3074 (18099 posts) -

TC has lost the Plot,lol

#8 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Titanfall is so ugly. Can't believe lemmings are hyping that shit.

#9 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

720p is inexcusable unless it's a very taxing game, which I'd imagine we'd get in the late next gen cycle

#10 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@Pray_to_me: Poor cows, I've never seen a group so terrified of a console.

#11 Posted by Multipass35 (295 posts) -

When the Xbox One was revealed earlier this year showing games that were embarrassingly fugly, most people figured that these games would at least be running in 1080P. Now with the horrifying revelation that most XBox one games are in fact running at 720P the disturbing realization is that the XBox one is closer in power to the Playstation 3 than it is to the Playstation 4.... Unsubstantiated claim? Hardly. Behold:

The Last of Us

Dead Rising 3

Killzone 3

Titanfall

God of War: Ascension

Ryse

Resolution: 900P

Eww, it's a little sad and disturbing but the real question is why? Why are games on Xbox one graphically sub par? Could it be the ancient ddr3 ram? It's low end gpu? Or do developers need more time to harness the power of the cloud? Only time will tell.

Worst troll attempt in SW history.

#12 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2417 posts) -

Crap thread

#13 Edited by bobbetybob (19250 posts) -

Totally fair comparison, well done old chap.

#14 Edited by Pray_to_me (2837 posts) -

720p is inexcusable unless it's a very taxing game, which I'd imagine we'd get in the late next gen cycle

Yeah Cod and ass creed 360 ports still in 720p? Yikes.

#15 Posted by cainetao11 (17341 posts) -

Gosh, how dumb can someone be? RESOLUTION DOES NOT EQUAL GOOD GRAPHICS. Put a PS1 game at 1080p and it still looks like a ps1 game.

Yep. Was just playing Guardian Heroes and its still a Sega Saturn game.

#16 Edited by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

A new low for the cows... more embarrassing than my Friday night...

#17 Posted by clone01 (24653 posts) -
#18 Posted by Bruin1986 (1274 posts) -

Your fanatical dedication to the important fight of System Wars is truly inspirational, TC.

Let's take the down the evil, capitalist M1C3050FT!!!

Keep it up comrade!!!

#19 Posted by cainetao11 (17341 posts) -

Maybe because it looks like a blast to play? Remember? PLAYING games? Not staring at them, counting pixels, but just getting swept up in the action of playing. It is a verb you know.

#20 Edited by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

Oh God, what awful screens lol.

#21 Posted by TheEroica (13399 posts) -

Don't know what funnier, the laughable content or the Amount of time he took in it's creation.

#22 Posted by Pray_to_me (2837 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Maybe because it looks like a blast to play? Remember? PLAYING games? Not staring at them, counting pixels, but just getting swept up in the action of playing. It is a verb you know.

You're right, lemmings should stick with 360 since the graphics are the same.

#23 Posted by JordanizPro (1912 posts) -

I already knew this. The Xbox One isnt on the PS4 level in terms of power but it is about on the same level of the ps3. People can doubt it if they want but the games clearly show the power of the Xbox One

#24 Edited by madsnakehhh (14268 posts) -

Wow...this was bad even for SW trolls...seriously, i even feel bad to read it :?

#25 Posted by Cheleman (7622 posts) -

Lemmings = Owned

We can finally start referring to the X1 as a current gen platform. Thank you TC, for bring forth the truth.

#26 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Yep. Was just playing Guardian Heroes and its still a Sega Saturn game.

for reals yo.

#27 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Awesome thread, would read again.

#28 Posted by Crypt_mx (4033 posts) -

I already knew this. The Xbox One isnt on the PS4 level in terms of power but it is about on the same level of the ps3. People can doubt it if they want but the games clearly show the power of the Xbox One

Yeah because launch games suddenly represent the full power of a console. Remember Kameo on Xbox 360? Games have come a long way since then.

Not only that, but each Xbox One game CLEARLY looks better than a PS3 game, the screens he showed are not fair comparisons at all. The One may not be quite as strong as a PS4, but its close.

#29 Posted by CrocodileNuts (189 posts) -

hahaha funny troll

#30 Edited by Shewgenja (8787 posts) -

LMFAO! It's been a while since we had a decent troll around here.

*throws popcorn in the microwave*

#31 Edited by cainetao11 (17341 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sure thing liar.

#32 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sure thing liar.

360 does 720p Xbone does 720p. What is the difference?

#33 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
#34 Posted by MonsieurX (29996 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sure thing liar.

Because every aspect of the games are the same,just a difference in resolution

#35 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1942 posts) -

TLHBXBOWNED

#36 Posted by cainetao11 (17341 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@cainetao11 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sure thing liar.

If graphics are the same explain Ryse. Resolution is not graphics you dimwits.

#37 Posted by Jankarcop (9276 posts) -

looks like horse-shit compared to PC games. lmao console kids.

#38 Posted by lostrib (35825 posts) -

are you serious? those are pretty obviously pulled from compressed videos.

#39 Edited by kingtito (4908 posts) -

LMFAO! It's been a while since we had a decent troll around here.

*throws popcorn in the microwave*

True because you're a horrible troll....and yes you're a troll.

#40 Posted by kemar7856 (11506 posts) -

I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with the resolution it takes much more then that super mario bros wii is 1080p are you going to try an convince me it looks better then ryse

#41 Posted by cainetao11 (17341 posts) -

I don't understand why everyone is obsessed with the resolution it takes much more then that super mario bros wii is 1080p are you going to try an convince me it looks better then ryse

Cows will!! Then they'll tell you they aren't threatened by having competition. Its hilarious how out of touch with even themselves many are. One guy is telling me there is no graphical difference between 360 and X1. Just flat out lying to themselves.

#42 Edited by thomasmcshea (19 posts) -

ps3, of course, loses. the last of us was pretty bad.

#43 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

ps3, of course, loses. the last of us was pretty bad.

It was an ok game, the AI was some of the worst in history but I keep forgetting that Playstation gamers have a very low level of skill and need easier games.

#44 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

OMG U SPED! Resolution has nothing to do with graphics, even a Nintendo 64 game at 1020p would still look like its from the 90's. And those pictures of the xbox were perposley taken at bad quality, stop being a bad sport you playststion fanboy.

#45 Edited by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -

Notice how the lems won't post any so-called better screenshots.Because they all look terrible and try to hide it..hahaha

#46 Edited by Pray_to_me (2837 posts) -

vs

lol ryse

#47 Edited by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman nods her head.

" Hard to disagree with that."

#48 Edited by 50u1r34v3r (1560 posts) -

You're too late man, cherry season is somewhere around June. This is not the time to start picking.

#49 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Not a great comparison, but yes Xbox One is closer to the PS3's 720p average resolution for most games.

Of course it's not all about the graphics, more ram and a slightly better CPU does provide the ability for game devs to make more dynamic open world games, a lot of the PS3 graphics showcases were not open (uncharted, last of us) especially last of us where about every 10 or 15 mins you would reach a point of no return so it was obviously just destroying the last area when you moved to a new one to preserve ram and loading times.

But still after all that the Xbox One is still not great when compared to the PS4, most people just want to play games, don't care about the UI each game has it own UI anyway. Heck the last Xbox didn't even play blurays didn't see many people moaning about it's gimped video playback did you, it was all about the games and I agree.

#50 Edited by AtariKidX (6250 posts) -

vs

lol ryse

wow........God of War looks better.PS3>>>>>>>XBone 720.lol