Xbox One's Rise of the Tomb Raider VS PS 4's Unchartered 4

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

the one that didn't copy tomb raider.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#52 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@ImBatman- said:

Uncharted 4 will be better but PS4 owners get both anyways. I expect the PS4 version to be overshadowed by Uncharted 4, similar to how people forgot about the original when TLoU came out.

Which is funny considering Tomb Raider sold better on the PS3 and PS4 respectively than the Xbox Consoles.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

id rather watch indiana jones temple of the crystal skull then play an uncharted game

im more about gameplay then clickin buttons to get thru a crap story game

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@indzman said:

Xbox One got timed exclusive in Rise of the Tomb Raider this year and PS 4 got Unchartered 4 releasing next year. Which action adventure game are you hyped for most amongst above warriors ? :)

Hype for both games. Day One for both of these games.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

I'm hyped for neither of those. I can't say anything about the new Tomb Raider series, but Uncharted is not an action adventure in my books. It's a straight TPS series.

I've always felt that games like Zelda, Metroid, Darksiders, Batman Arkham, etc were the kinds of games that fit perfectly in that genre. I could be wrong, but I feel exploration is a necessity in the action adventure game.

Have you played most TPS games? Gears, Vanquish, Mass Effect (mechanics)? They play nothing like Uncharted at least when it comes to character movement. Action adventure TPS then? Yeah, that. They are different games to Zelda and Metroid. Batman Arkham is a beat em up. Like an elaborate evolution on Final Fight and Streets of Rage.

Batman has a lot of exploration and stealth is used just as much as combat. It would do the games a great disservice to just call them a beat em up.

Uncharted's major gameplay focus is found in the TPS shoot out sections. It's hook is the verticality the same way that Vanquish's hook is the ability to slide across the ground at high speeds.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

I'm hyped for neither of those. I can't say anything about the new Tomb Raider series, but Uncharted is not an action adventure in my books. It's a straight TPS series.

I've always felt that games like Zelda, Metroid, Darksiders, Batman Arkham, etc were the kinds of games that fit perfectly in that genre. I could be wrong, but I feel exploration is a necessity in the action adventure game.

Have you played most TPS games? Gears, Vanquish, Mass Effect (mechanics)? They play nothing like Uncharted at least when it comes to character movement. Action adventure TPS then? Yeah, that. They are different games to Zelda and Metroid. Batman Arkham is a beat em up. Like an elaborate evolution on Final Fight and Streets of Rage.

Batman has a lot of exploration/puzzle solving and stealth is used just as much as combat. It would do the games a great disservice to just call them a beat em up.

Uncharted's major gameplay focus is found in the TPS shoot out sections. It's hook is the verticality the same way that Vanquish's hook is the ability to slide across the ground at high speeds.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@ProtossX said:

id rather watch indiana jones temple of the crystal skull then play an uncharted game

im more about gameplay then clickin buttons to get thru a crap story game

Good thing Uncharted has better gameplay than Tomb Raider then :) Making bigger levels to explore is no use if the gun battles and actual action takes place in linear boxed areas. Uncharted 2 knew what it wanted to be and it did what it did vastly better than Tomb Raider did. That's why Tomb Raiders reception was luke warm compared to Uncharted 2's. Don't get me wrong Uncharted 3 is a huge let down in comparison, but Uncharted 2 had pretty snazzy design ideas.

And as you said earlier, Uncharted 4 is a fully current gen game. It's not releasing on PS3 so it has more room to breathe from a game design standpoint.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BobRossPerm
@Pikminmaniac said:

Batman has a lot of exploration/puzzle solving and stealth is used just as much as combat. It would do the games a great disservice to just call them a beat em up.

Vanquish's slide is a mechanic, not a style of gameplay like Uncharted's verticality. It's not just verticality though, it's traversial in general. It's not like other TPS games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#59 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Uncharted 4. The fact that Tomb Raider is even considered to be in the same league as Uncharted makes me laugh.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

TR isn't an Xbone exclusive.

Uncharted 4 will be a million times better.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

Both will be pretty awesome I think... But considering I only have an Xbone, definitely looking forward to TR more.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

Uncharted 4 is very much action adventure. It's pointless to compare it to past titles in the series. You'll be able to get through most of Uncharted 4 by not shooting at all, or even killing. People can choose how much action or how much adventure they want since the areas are open and have multiple paths.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@shibua: lol keep dreaming scrub, PC and PS4 users will get it next year.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@shibua said:

Rise of the Tombraider is published by MS, this game in the Tombraider franchise is Xbox exclusive, maybe PS4 will get the next Tombraider game but it won't get Rise of the Tombraider

Bookmarked hehe

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts
@davem1992 said:

@shibua: lol keep dreaming scrub, PC and PS4 users will get it next year.

PC will probably get its, that what the timed duration is for as MS will also publish the PC version

Sadly PS4 is going to miss out on the greatest Tombraider and action adventure game ever made

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 davem1992

@shibua: hahahaha keep dreaming matey.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If this Tomb Raider recieves massive critical acclaim and sells well I would almost bet that Microsoft ends up buying the IP, with a film to follow shortly after.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

OT: I'll enjoy both. Although I have a feeling the new tomb raider will come out on PS4 in the period Uncharted was delayed too.

They both satisfy that treasure hunter roaming an ancient land itch. Uncharted with its many locales already and Tomb Raider exploring that Japanese island with all the creepy war relics.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Didn't sony offer tomb raider as a gift? The series' stale.

Uncharted is ballin'

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Shibua

@Heirren said:

If this Tomb Raider recieves massive critical acclaim and sells well I would almost bet that Microsoft ends up buying the IP, with a film to follow shortly after.

MS are in the early stages of acquiring CD's, SE ain't interested in the Tombradier franchise and MS publishing and funding the game is the first step in bringing the Tombradier franchise over as a X1 exclusive franchise

If MS paid for timed exclusive why the hell would they publish the game for SE, they paid for more than timed exclusivity they paid for the whole game

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

One I will enjoy this year and the other not so much.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BobRossPerm
@shibua said:

@Heirren said:

MS are in the early stages of acquiring CD's, SE ain't interested in the Tombradier franchise and MS publishing and funding the game is the first step in bring the Tombradier franchise over as a X1 exclusive

If MS paid for timed exclusive why the hell would the publish the game for SE, they paid for more than timed exclusivity the paid for the whole game

All your time on here has been lie after lie. Cut the shit. Or you could actually give me a reason to believe what you say and show me some proof.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#73 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I liked tomb raider more then any of the uncharted games. But I'll be playing both uncharted 4 and tomb raider once it comes to ps4.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 davem1992

@shibua: Do you actually believe this shit you're spewing?

It's laughably retarded, why the hell would anyone buy Tomb Raider nowadays? the series is still mocked for how lame alot of the entries are, RoTR is going to flop hard.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ImBatman-

@davem1992 said:

@shibua: Do you actually believe this shit you're spewing?

It's laughably retarded, why the hell would anyone buy Tomb Raider nowadays? the series is still mocked for how lame alot of the entries are, RoTR is going to flop hard.

Have you seen Shibua's other posts? Everything Shibua posts is just made up, constant shit spewing. When you can't beat em, make shit up.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 davem1992

@ImBatman-: Oh I've seen him on IGN and Gamespot, it's sad how someone can be this stupid.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#77 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I will buy and play them both. Neither warrants a day one buy from me, but I'll get them when they reach $20 on Amazon.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I'm more hyped for Tomb Raider after the great job done on the 2013 game, I liked it better than any of the Uncharted games. That being said, I'll probably still end up getting both.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

uncharted. rise of the tomb raider hasnt shown me that its better than uncharted other than the aiming isnt as clunky

CrashNeoSigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 CrashNeoSigma
Member since 2014 • 50 Posts

Uncharted 4 will probably be better then tomb raider as its Naughty Dog after all but you don't get to play that game on ps4 this year ... you only get greatness awaits

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Ill play both, but obviously Uncharted is the one Im hyped for the most.

I'll play Tomb Raider when its $25 or free one PSN+ cuz thats how I got the first Tomb Raider.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Tomb Raider because she's a hot piece of ass.

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

Well I gotta admit the last Tomb Raider was/is one of my favorite games ever. I'm kinda asshurt still the sequel (probably) won't be on my PS4, and I'm not buying the last gen version on my 360.

If Uncharted 4 can match or exceed Uncharted 2, then that'll be more than enough for me, 'cause UC2 was the only game I couldn't seem to stop playing in the series. I'm about 99.9% positive UC4 will have a much stronger narrative than Rise of The Tomb Raider, because Naughty Dog excels in writing characters and scripts. But the gameplay department though; coin flip. This is where Rise of The Tomb Raider can potentially be stronger than Uncharted 4.

Sylveon128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Sylveon128
Member since 2015 • 99 Posts

I used to like tomb raider before it became an uncharted clone but anyway I will pick tomb raider because uncharted sucked imo I just can't get into it.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#85  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Uncharted got the better story, graphic and pretty much everything except for the gameplay.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Shibua
@Legend002 said:

Uncharted got the better story, graphic and pretty much everything except for the gameplay.

Uncharted told the same story 3 times

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@shibua said:
@Legend002 said:

Uncharted told the same story 3 times

Better story and graphics? Uncharted 3 was better graphically than Tomb Raider? I beg to differ but that's all based on opinion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#88 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Difference? PS4 gets both games

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@finalstar2007: tomb raider hasn't been announced for PS4

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I would have thought by now people stopped falling for these gaming sales puff. Nonetheless I'm sure both would be fun. I'm looking forward to uncharted more because based on past performance NaughtyDog has a much better record than squareenix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Legend002 said:

Better story? lol. Better graphics? UC3 looked worse than TR, so...

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I will play and enjoy them both

Me too, provided that Uncharted isn't like UC3. I still haven't finished that game.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@lhughey said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I will play and enjoy them both

Me too, provided that Uncharted isn't like UC3. I still haven't finished that game.

I had to force myself to finish UC3...wasn't a fan. I am hoping for a better game with UC4.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

UC 3 sucked True.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ImBatman-

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lhughey said:

I had to force myself to finish UC3...wasn't a fan. I am hoping for a better game with UC4.

The Uncharted 3 people aren't at Naughty Dog anymore. TLoU people are on Uncharted 4, which means guaranteed GOAT status.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Uncharted. Tomb Raider is a 360 game and that last one sucked ass.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@ImBatman- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lhughey said:

The Uncharted 3 people aren't at Naughty Dog anymore. TLoU people are on Uncharted 4, which means guaranteed GOAT status.

That is good news

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Pass.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

they need to kill the 360 version of this game....and announce its never coming to playstation otherwise im holding out buying this on xbox one

theres no reason for to buy it for 60 when i can pick up the remastered version on ps4 with all dlc for 20 or whatever later on

ANNOUNCE Never on playstation or im waiting till its 20 dollars on pc/ps4

and announce that the 360 version couldn't run the game and shut that one down being able to run on 360 means the game didn't truely go next gen look at batman see the diff in marketing CANT RUN on older systems

jesus its like these ocmpanies dunno what hype means anymore or exclusives

u say ur GAME CANNOT run on ps4 or sony platforms and u say it can't run on old system either = hype if u dont have hype nobody gives a crap

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#100 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@indzman: I'll take Tomb Raider over Uncharted 4.

Unfortunately I only have a PS4 and so will have to wait. As long as it doesn't become a mindless shooter like Uncharted that is. That is why I hated Uncharted, the first time you even get control of Nathan in Drake's Fortune he immediately picks up a handgun and starts killing pirates.

If Tomb Raider starts doing something similar I won't be buying either of them. I did think Uncharted was about treasure hunting but didn't realise that by the time I'd find some treasure I'd have killed a couple of thousand people.

Tomb Raider (2013) was too heavy on the killing as well but at least there she was on an island and trying to survive. Nathan shoots his way through an island of mercenaries and then goes back for seconds, thirds and now fourths in later games. I'm bored of that shooting for the sake of shooting crap games did last gen.