Xbox One Currently Dominating JPN Amazon Charts

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (76090 posts) -

So, um... can we expect a Sega Saturnesque showing for the Xbox One in Japan? lol

#2 Edited by super600 (32107 posts) -

Amazon charts mean nothing usually.Something can chart in the top 10 one day and be gone the next. We have to wait and see how it will perform outside of Amazon Japan.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (10219 posts) -

yes but is that just the hourly charts? Or the actual 2014 charts?

#4 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Here's the full Japanese launch line-up:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Titanfall

Need for Speed Rivals

Battlefield 4

FIFA 14

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Strider

Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate

Onigiri

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Thief

Tomb Raider

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Killer Instinct

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Zumba Fitness World Party

Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3

Kinect Sports Rivals

Zoo Tycoon

Powerstar Golf

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Child of Light

Halo: Spartan Assault

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

Ryse: Son of Rome

LocoCycle

Forza Motorsport 5

#5 Posted by Evo_nine (2165 posts) -

@super600 said:

Amazon charts mean nothing usually.Something can chart in the top 10 one day and be gone the next. We have to wait and see how it will perform outside of Amazon Japan.

doesn't stop the cows from posting amazon charts every chance they get.

#6 Posted by edwardecl (2241 posts) -
@Evo_nine said:

@super600 said:

Well I'm sure it was to show the differences in sales compared to the other console, but the Xbox One is not even launched yet in Japan so I don't even know what this represents, did it only just go on sale or something?

#7 Posted by lamprey263 (33083 posts) -

it's been available for pre-order for two days, good start

anyhow, it's coming out two weeks before Tokyo Game Show, wonder if MS will be representing

#8 Edited by AzatiS (11429 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@super600 said:

I prefer the worldwide sales every month than amazon , NPD or any other crap showing something about a specific area ... Worldwide sales make winners , not a specific area.

#9 Posted by kuu2 (8754 posts) -

Interesting, will stay tuned to see how it goes.

#10 Posted by sailor232 (6410 posts) -

That box art for Smash bros 3ds is AMAZING.

Avatar image for BigShotSmoov007
#11 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (3815 posts) -

Lol, I'm sure they'll sell pretty good on their launch, but after that first week reality will kick it again like it always does for MS in Japan.

#12 Edited by sailor232 (6410 posts) -

Yeah consoles are pretty much dead in Japan, still a sale is better than none.

#13 Edited by Shewgenja (16565 posts) -

Could you imagine a generation where Japan sales actually matter to XBox fans? I almost hope it DOES happen. The astronomical servings of crow all around would make it totally worth it. Playstation fans as well. Meltdowns everywhere!

#14 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Dey ruv Xbox One.

Avatar image for BigShotSmoov007
#15 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (3815 posts) -

The Asian market seems to have turned to mobile gaming anyways. Consoles to sell alot anymore over there so I hope MS knows not to make too many X1 for the Asian market but at least they are trying and seeing what they can sell over there.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
#16 Edited by deactivated-586249e1b64ba (7629 posts) -

I, for one, -love- the effort Microsoft is putting into localizing their games. Not Capcom though. Truly shows the faith they have in Japan.

@sailor232 said:

That box art for Smash bros 3ds is AMAZING.

I like it for the most part, but Rosalina seems shoehorned there. :s

#17 Posted by MonsieurX (35443 posts) -

Amazon charts should almost be treated the same way as vgchartz sales threads

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#18 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (44316 posts) -

The day Xbox One dominates Japan is the day @finalstar2007 becomes a rabid lemming. Japan is largely irrelevant now in the console market regardless.

#19 Edited by edwardecl (2241 posts) -

Sill think they should do a Kinect enabled Rapelay II bundle... imagine the sales then.

#20 Edited by ZombeGoast (437 posts) -

Give it a week. its going to fail harder than the Ps4.

#21 Posted by Telekill (6563 posts) -

I thought X1 was already out in Japan?

#22 Posted by clr84651 (5627 posts) -

@super600 said:

Yet every week/month the PS4 outsells the X1 everywhere. It must just be some reason Amazon Japan is selling X1s.

#23 Posted by clr84651 (5627 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Games sales show no sales in Japan for X1.

#24 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

there must be something wrong with amazon.

#25 Edited by T-razor1 (1162 posts) -

Hmmmm... have to admit this is surprising. At the same time I wonder if Titanfall has something to do with this? Sure over here people have played it to death and some may even be bored of it right now but I would've sworn I read some stories and articles pre-launch for Titanfall stating how the japanese actually took a big liking for this game and the previews.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#26 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Consoles in Japan saved.

@Evo_nine said:

@super600 said:

Dat butthurt

#27 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

i heard the reason for this unusual event it's due to the xbone launching with 2 exclusive visual novels.

#28 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

^ Lol those crazy maniacs :)

#29 Posted by charizard1605 (76090 posts) -

@T-razor1 said:

Hmmmm... have to admit this is surprising. At the same time I wonder if Titanfall has something to do with this? Sure over here people have played it to death and some may even be bored of it right now but I would've sworn I read some stories and articles pre-launch for Titanfall stating how the japanese actually took a big liking for this game and the previews.

Titanfall has already launched in Japan, the Xbox 360 (and PC) version(s).

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
#30 Posted by deactivated-583e460ca986b (7240 posts) -

Oh come on! We don't use Amazon for sales numbers in System Wars! Well maybe if it's used to make the PS4 look good. But that's it!

#31 Posted by rockydog1111 (2079 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: so wrong bro, so wrong.

#32 Edited by blackace (23158 posts) -

@charizard1605: I'm confused. Why are Xbox One's and XB1 games on Japan's Amazon chart? No one in Japan wants XB1's or XB1 games, that's for sure. Where's the PS4 on the chart? This can't be right can it? lmao!! TCHBO!!

*************************************************************************************************************************

@clr84651 said:

@Telekill said:

Games sales show no sales in Japan for X1.

It doesn't launch in Japan until Sept 2014. Of course there are no sales yet. Just preorders.

#33 Posted by Jag85 (9197 posts) -

I think the X1 has a good chance against the PS4 and Wii U in Japan this time around... Now that most of the Japanese gaming market doesn't care about consoles anymore.

#34 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2668 posts) -

Irony?

#35 Posted by -CC- (2044 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@super600 said:

Yet every week/month the PS4 outsells the X1 everywhere. It must just be some reason Amazon Japan is selling X1s.

Im pretty sure no stores ordered Xbones because of how bad they got screwed on the 360. Amazon is one of the few places to get one so the numbers are skewed.

#36 Posted by jsolidus (171 posts) -

Not surprising a new console that hasn't been released yet is #1. Unless it remain in the number 1 or top 5 spots for more than a week, thats big for a xbox product in japan, i see nothing to make a thread about

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#37 Edited by SolidGame_basic (21091 posts) -

Am I suppose to care?

#38 Edited by monson21502 (8201 posts) -
@clr84651 said:

@super600 said:

its probably the mom and pop shops ordering xbox1s a few for each store. like how people are doing for ps4 in the usa amazon

#39 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

Oh look now Amazon charts don't matter since the PS4 isn't involved. The cows on this forum are truly hilarious.

#40 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

a launch bump so excited!!

and lol @lemmings using japan amazon now, usa amazon not working ? LULz

#42 Edited by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

@FastRobby: this is just a launch bump silly, expect a massive drop soon!

only delusional lemmings think XposBone has a chance in japan, we cows are not impressed silly lems!

#44 Posted by Vecna (3424 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

The day Xbox One dominates Japan is the day @finalstar2007 becomes a rabid lemming. Japan is largely irrelevant now in the console market regardless.

It would actually make this place quite an entertaining place to lurk if that did happen, but yeah Xbox has not one chance in hell.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#45 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

So how badly do we think the Bone will do at launch in Japan? I reckon 80k first week, then 1,000 every week after.

#46 Posted by PyratRum (743 posts) -

Surprised Titanfall isn't higher considering how surprisingly well received it was at last years TGS. I mean it has giant fucking robots and the Japanese love their giant fucking robots.

#47 Posted by charizard1605 (76090 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

Surprised Titanfall isn't higher considering how surprisingly well received it was at last years TGS. I mean it has giant fucking robots and the Japanese love their giant fucking robots.

Titanfall is already available in Japan

#48 Edited by PyratRum (743 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:

You're right, completely forgot about that. Still would expect it to be higher though.

#49 Posted by edwardecl (2241 posts) -

Japanese are into giant fucking robots with big fucking swords though...

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
#50 Edited by deactivated-586249e1b64ba (7629 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:

You're right, completely forgot about that. Still would expect it to be higher though.

Actually, it hasn't even charted. Perhaps the JP XB1 version not being up for pre-order yet may have something to do with it. :P At the moment, you can only order NA copies on Amazon.