Xbox One Currently Dominating JPN Amazon Charts

• 69 results
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

So, um... can we expect a Sega Saturnesque showing for the Xbox One in Japan? lol

#2 Edited by super600 (30103 posts) -

Amazon charts mean nothing usually.Something can chart in the top 10 one day and be gone the next. We have to wait and see how it will perform outside of Amazon Japan.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (8835 posts) -

yes but is that just the hourly charts? Or the actual 2014 charts?

#4 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

Here's the full Japanese launch line-up:

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Titanfall

Need for Speed Rivals

Battlefield 4

FIFA 14

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Strider

Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate

Onigiri

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Thief

Tomb Raider

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Killer Instinct

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Zumba Fitness World Party

Crimson Dragon

Dead Rising 3

Kinect Sports Rivals

Zoo Tycoon

Powerstar Golf

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Child of Light

Halo: Spartan Assault

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

Ryse: Son of Rome

LocoCycle

Forza Motorsport 5

#5 Posted by Evo_nine (1597 posts) -

@super600 said:

Amazon charts mean nothing usually.Something can chart in the top 10 one day and be gone the next. We have to wait and see how it will perform outside of Amazon Japan.

doesn't stop the cows from posting amazon charts every chance they get.

#6 Posted by edwardecl (1950 posts) -
@Evo_nine said:

@super600 said:

Well I'm sure it was to show the differences in sales compared to the other console, but the Xbox One is not even launched yet in Japan so I don't even know what this represents, did it only just go on sale or something?

#7 Posted by lamprey263 (22658 posts) -

it's been available for pre-order for two days, good start

anyhow, it's coming out two weeks before Tokyo Game Show, wonder if MS will be representing

#8 Edited by AzatiS (7101 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@super600 said:

I prefer the worldwide sales every month than amazon , NPD or any other crap showing something about a specific area ... Worldwide sales make winners , not a specific area.

#9 Posted by kuu2 (6878 posts) -

Interesting, will stay tuned to see how it goes.

#10 Posted by sailor232 (4348 posts) -

That box art for Smash bros 3ds is AMAZING.

#11 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (231 posts) -

Lol, I'm sure they'll sell pretty good on their launch, but after that first week reality will kick it again like it always does for MS in Japan.

#12 Edited by sailor232 (4348 posts) -

Yeah consoles are pretty much dead in Japan, still a sale is better than none.

#13 Edited by Shewgenja (8298 posts) -

Could you imagine a generation where Japan sales actually matter to XBox fans? I almost hope it DOES happen. The astronomical servings of crow all around would make it totally worth it. Playstation fans as well. Meltdowns everywhere!

#14 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6038 posts) -

Dey ruv Xbox One.

#15 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (231 posts) -

The Asian market seems to have turned to mobile gaming anyways. Consoles to sell alot anymore over there so I hope MS knows not to make too many X1 for the Asian market but at least they are trying and seeing what they can sell over there.

#16 Edited by Technoweirdo (7060 posts) -
#17 Posted by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

Amazon charts should almost be treated the same way as vgchartz sales threads

#18 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42578 posts) -

The day Xbox One dominates Japan is the day @finalstar2007 becomes a rabid lemming. Japan is largely irrelevant now in the console market regardless.

#19 Edited by edwardecl (1950 posts) -

Sill think they should do a Kinect enabled Rapelay II bundle... imagine the sales then.

#20 Edited by ZombeGoast (396 posts) -

Give it a week. its going to fail harder than the Ps4.

#21 Posted by Telekill (4317 posts) -

I thought X1 was already out in Japan?

#22 Posted by clr84651 (5340 posts) -

@super600 said:

Yet every week/month the PS4 outsells the X1 everywhere. It must just be some reason Amazon Japan is selling X1s.

#23 Posted by clr84651 (5340 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Games sales show no sales in Japan for X1.

#24 Posted by Gue1 (9377 posts) -

there must be something wrong with amazon.

#25 Edited by T-razor1 (1050 posts) -

Hmmmm... have to admit this is surprising. At the same time I wonder if Titanfall has something to do with this? Sure over here people have played it to death and some may even be bored of it right now but I would've sworn I read some stories and articles pre-launch for Titanfall stating how the japanese actually took a big liking for this game and the previews.

#26 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3645 posts) -

Consoles in Japan saved.

@Evo_nine said:

@super600 said:

Dat butthurt

#27 Edited by Gue1 (9377 posts) -

i heard the reason for this unusual event it's due to the xbone launching with 2 exclusive visual novels.

#28 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

^ Lol those crazy maniacs :)

#29 Posted by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

@T-razor1 said:

Hmmmm... have to admit this is surprising. At the same time I wonder if Titanfall has something to do with this? Sure over here people have played it to death and some may even be bored of it right now but I would've sworn I read some stories and articles pre-launch for Titanfall stating how the japanese actually took a big liking for this game and the previews.

Titanfall has already launched in Japan, the Xbox 360 (and PC) version(s).

#30 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2706 posts) -

Oh come on! We don't use Amazon for sales numbers in System Wars! Well maybe if it's used to make the PS4 look good. But that's it!

#31 Posted by rockydog1111 (2063 posts) -
#32 Edited by blackace (19996 posts) -

@charizard1605: I'm confused. Why are Xbox One's and XB1 games on Japan's Amazon chart? No one in Japan wants XB1's or XB1 games, that's for sure. Where's the PS4 on the chart? This can't be right can it? lmao!! TCHBO!!

*************************************************************************************************************************

@clr84651 said:

@Telekill said:

Games sales show no sales in Japan for X1.

It doesn't launch in Japan until Sept 2014. Of course there are no sales yet. Just preorders.

#33 Posted by Jag85 (4309 posts) -

I think the X1 has a good chance against the PS4 and Wii U in Japan this time around... Now that most of the Japanese gaming market doesn't care about consoles anymore.

#34 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2122 posts) -

Irony?

#35 Posted by -CC- (1889 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@super600 said:

Yet every week/month the PS4 outsells the X1 everywhere. It must just be some reason Amazon Japan is selling X1s.

Im pretty sure no stores ordered Xbones because of how bad they got screwed on the 360. Amazon is one of the few places to get one so the numbers are skewed.

#36 Posted by jsolidus (141 posts) -

Not surprising a new console that hasn't been released yet is #1. Unless it remain in the number 1 or top 5 spots for more than a week, thats big for a xbox product in japan, i see nothing to make a thread about

#37 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16417 posts) -

Am I suppose to care?

#38 Edited by monson21502 (8061 posts) -
@clr84651 said:

@super600 said:

its probably the mom and pop shops ordering xbox1s a few for each store. like how people are doing for ps4 in the usa amazon

#39 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Oh look now Amazon charts don't matter since the PS4 isn't involved. The cows on this forum are truly hilarious.

#40 Posted by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -

a launch bump so excited!!

and lol @lemmings using japan amazon now, usa amazon not working ? LULz

#41 Posted by FastRobby (1001 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

a launch bump so excited!!

and lol @lemmings using japan amazon now, usa amazon not working ? LULz

Well this is about Japan sales not USA sales... Like when PS4 is outselling the Xbox One in its country, the same topics can be created when it's the other way around... Nothing to do with "doesn't Amazon USA work anymore, lolz", it's just a peculiar phenomenon that both consoles are losing at home. Although Microsoft would rather have America than Japan, but they know that in the end, they'll win in America

#42 Edited by lglz1337 (3113 posts) -

@FastRobby: this is just a launch bump silly, expect a massive drop soon!

only delusional lemmings think XposBone has a chance in japan, we cows are not impressed silly lems!

#43 Posted by FastRobby (1001 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@FastRobby: this is just a launch bump silly, expect a massive drop soon!

only delusional lemmings think XposBone has a chance in japan, we cows are not impressed silly lems!

Ow your actually a real fanboy, hating on the other console, nevermind then, better things to do

#44 Posted by Vecna (3369 posts) -

The day Xbox One dominates Japan is the day @finalstar2007 becomes a rabid lemming. Japan is largely irrelevant now in the console market regardless.

It would actually make this place quite an entertaining place to lurk if that did happen, but yeah Xbox has not one chance in hell.

#45 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3645 posts) -

So how badly do we think the Bone will do at launch in Japan? I reckon 80k first week, then 1,000 every week after.

#46 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Surprised Titanfall isn't higher considering how surprisingly well received it was at last years TGS. I mean it has giant fucking robots and the Japanese love their giant fucking robots.

#47 Posted by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

Surprised Titanfall isn't higher considering how surprisingly well received it was at last years TGS. I mean it has giant fucking robots and the Japanese love their giant fucking robots.

Titanfall is already available in Japan

#48 Edited by PyratRum (561 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

You're right, completely forgot about that. Still would expect it to be higher though.

#49 Posted by edwardecl (1950 posts) -

Japanese are into giant fucking robots with big fucking swords though...

#50 Edited by Technoweirdo (7060 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@charizard1605 said:

@pyratrum said:

You're right, completely forgot about that. Still would expect it to be higher though.

Actually, it hasn't even charted. Perhaps the JP XB1 version not being up for pre-order yet may have something to do with it. :P At the moment, you can only order NA copies on Amazon.