Xbox Forza - PS4 GT Sport - Please HELP ME Decide !

• 98 results
Avatar image for deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
Member since 2017 • 22 Posts

OK... I make it no secret that the only games I care about are auto racing simulator type games... so please don't tell me about all the great games I'm missing. I can play many of them already with my grandson at his house on his various systems. I also make it no secret that I'm probably one of the world's most loyal and knowledgeable PS2-Gran Turismo 4 players. With that said, it may be time for me to expand into current times and the future... so here's what I need to know...

First, I have no intention currently of buying a new 4K TV. My current Plasma TV is 1080p compatable. Again, I ONLY care about auto racing sim games. The question is... Do I go with and why... ?

1) XBox One S 500 and Forza 6 ?

2) XBox One S T Bundle Horizon 3 and Buy Forza 6 ?

3) PS3 Slim and Gran Turismo 6 ?

4) PS4 and wait for Gran Turismo Sport ?

5) Wait for Scorpio and Forza 7 and maybe buy a 4K TV ?

6) Wait for PS5 and GT7 and get a future TV that handles it ?

7) Just forget it, save my money, and stick with my good ol' PS2-GT4 :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

The Forza games are the premier racing games nowadays... so I'd go option 2. I've put hours and hours into Forza 6 and its great. Plus Forza 7 should be coming this year.

Plus the Horizon games are amazing too. If you're not planning on getting a 4k tv anytime soon, just go option 2 I think.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

If you only like racing games, you might as well go Xbox One since Forza is a yearly release.

Youre missing out on a lot of great games though :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@gt4_club said:

That sums up the life of a PS4 owner.

Do yourself a favor and get an Xbox One S with a 1TB HDD that includes Forza Horizon 3 and buy Forza Motorsport. You can experience racing that is great NOW. Of note, there is no release date set for GT Sport. Greatness Awaits.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@kvally said:
@gt4_club said:

at least they have something to wait for :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kvally

@aigis said:
@kvally said:
@gt4_club said:

at least they have something to wait for :P

True dat. I am playing FM6 and FH3 while I wait for GT Sport. It's a win win :)

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

4th option is the most sensible for a racing fan and game fan in general. Racing with VR is the future

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Dirt Rally PSVR. It's frickin amazing. Then, later, pick up the new GT.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

No Driveclub love? ;)

Anyway, check for driving wheel and pedals compatibility first. Perhaps, you may be able to use your old set.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kvally

@jun_aka_pekto said:

No Driveclub love? ;)

Anyway, check for driving wheel and pedals compatibility first. Perhaps, you may be able to use your old set.

DriveClub, after all the updates, is a solid game. I need to spend more time in it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#11  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Invest in a gaming PC and wait for Forza 7. You can also currently enjoy Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Free), Forza Horizon 3, and the vastly superior versions of Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Dirt Rally, and F1. There are also the PC exclusives like iRacing, Race Room, rFactor 2, etc..

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

If you're serious about racing you check out PS4 with VR. It's a serious game changer. Once you race in VR you won't want to race any other way.

Get a PS4 with VR, buy Dirt Rally VR with Driveclub VR, and wait for GT Sport which also has VR support. Project Cars 2 may also have VR support as well and that's coming out later this year. Forza 6 is a solid game but the lack of VR on Xbone is a letdown.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kvally

@BassMan said:

Invest in a gaming PC and wait for Forza 7. You can also currently enjoy Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Free), Forza Horizon 3, and the vastly superior versions of Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Dirt Rally, and F1.

I am not so sure one can put superior and ProjectCars in the same sentence. The game itself is great in conception, but it is a bug ridden mess on PC and console. PC2 is supposed to fix the bugs. It was a $60 beta. Good thing it is free on Xbox One right now.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BassMan  Online

@kvally: What issues do you have with the PC version of Project Cars? I know the console version is shit.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kvally

@BassMan said:

@kvally: What issues do you have with the PC version of Project Cars? I know the console version is shit.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Forza 6 is a nice step up from Forza 5.

TC if you are a big GT fan, then maybe wait and see how the next GT game comes out. Or, you could proceed now with option 2 and get 2 of the best racing games ever created.

Since the Scorpio reveal has not happened yet, I wont mention that option.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BassMan  Online

@kvally: Are those all still active bugs/issues? I have not had any major issues with the game aside from some SLI issues early on, but those were fixed and I no longer use SLI.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@gt4_club said:

OK... I make it no secret that the only games I care about are auto racing simulator type games... so please don't tell me about all the great games I'm missing. I can play many of them already with my grandson at his house on his various systems. I also make it no secret that I'm probably one of the world's most loyal and knowledgeable PS2-Gran Turismo 4 players. With that said, it may be time for me to expand into current times and the future... so here's what I need to know...

First, I have no intention currently of buying a new 4K TV. My current Plasma TV is 1080p compatable. Again, I ONLY care about auto racing sim games. The question is... Do I go with and why... ?

1) XBox One S 500 and Forza 6 ?

2) XBox One S T Bundle Horizon 3 and Buy Forza 6 ?

3) PS3 Slim and Gran Turismo 6 ?

5) Wait for Scorpio and Forza 7 and maybe buy a 4K TV ?

6) Wait for PS5 and GT7 and get a future TV that handles it ?

5) Just forget it, save my money, and stick with my good ol' PS2-GT4 :)

You have option 5 down twice, but in any case go with the second one (last option) show some conviction man.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

For racing games, I would go with either option 2, or just build a pc. Personally, I would build a pc over buying an X1 since you get Forza and Forza Horizon from now on on pc with free online play. Then there is the fact that multiplat racers are best on pc like Assetto Corsa, F1 2016, Project Cars, and Dirt Rally. Add to that fact that it has racing games that aren't released on consoles such as iRacing and R3E (true sims). Plus with PC, you have a plethora of race wheels you can use, or you can use the X1 or PS4 gamepad if you choose.

If a console is your only option though, X1 is the winner when it comes to racers due to Forza crushing GT since its inception on the OG Xbox.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Get a PC and a wheel setup and get Assetto Corsa

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kvally

@BassMan said:

@kvally: Are those all still active bugs/issues? I have not had any major issues with the game aside from some SLI issues early on, but those were fixed and I no longer use SLI.

I don't know my friend. I don't have it on PC. I just knew it was a buggy mess.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Don't you want to experience GT in VR?

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

As far as console racing goes, If you are a real enthusiast but have patience, the answer is wait for Scorpio and Forza 7 in 4K. It will have VR support too.

If you want to play something right now and don't care about 4K, buy a Forza 6 edition Xbox One. You can also play FH3 on this.

Waiting for GT Sport will be a let down. It's not that much of an improvement on GT on PS3. I've played it and it's not good.

As an enthusiast, you want Forza. It's so far ahead of the competition it's not even really a competition anymore. GT Sport is an attempt to get back into the race, but it's already been lapped. pun intended. It actually has regressed in a lot of ways with fewer cars etc.

And anyone telling you to buy DriveClub is not an enthusiast.

DriveClub 'customization'

https://youtu.be/g1vfvup-cKU

Vs.

Forza 6 customization

https://youtu.be/61yCX6Zwmrs

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

@quadknight said:

If you're serious about racing you check out PS4 with VR. It's a serious game changer. Once you race in VR you won't want to race any other way.

Get a PS4 with VR, buy Dirt Rally VR with Driveclub VR, and wait for GT Sport which also has VR support. Project Cars 2 may also have VR support as well and that's coming out later this year. Forza 6 is a solid game but the lack of VR on Xbone is a letdown.

These people speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

If you only care about racing games then I would get a ps4 with VR and the steering wheel then buy Dirt Rally VR, Driveclub VR, and get GT Sport when that comes out.

But both of these consoles are $250 right now, just get both! Then you don't have to choose, just play.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@oflow said:

As far as console racing goes, If you are a real enthusiast but have patience, the answer is wait for Scorpio and Forza 7 in 4K. It will have VR support too.

If you want to play something right now and don't care about 4K, buy a Forza 6 edition Xbox One. You can also play FH3 on this.

Waiting for GT Sport will be a let down. It's not that much of an improvement on GT on PS3. I've played it and it's not good.

As an enthusiast, you want Forza. It's so far ahead of the competition it's not even really a competition anymore. GT Sport is an attempt to get back into the race, but it's already been lapped. pun intended. It actually has regressed in a lot of ways with fewer cars etc.

And anyone telling you to buy DriveClub is not an enthusiast.

DriveClub 'customization'

https://youtu.be/g1vfvup-cKU

Vs.

Forza 6 customization

https://youtu.be/61yCX6Zwmrs

This.

@dakur said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

@quadknight said:

These people speak the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

OP doesn't mention anything about VR in his options... or building a friggin gaming PC for that matter.

And Scorpio will have better VR options with the better racing series with Forza anyway, it's safe to assume. No need to settle for the lesser racing games on PS, just for VR.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BassMan  Online
@hrt_rulz01 said:

OP doesn't mention anything about VR in his options... or building a friggin gaming PC for that matter.

That is why we are educating him about the best options. If you are a serious racing fan, it would be silly not to consider both PC and VR.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@BassMan said:

Invest in a gaming PC and wait for Forza 7. You can also currently enjoy Forza Motorsport 6: Apex (Free), Forza Horizon 3, and the vastly superior versions of Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Dirt Rally, and F1. There are also the PC exclusives like iRacing, Race Room, rFactor 2, etc..

Forza 6 Apex Premium Edition is not free. Free version is effectively a large demo game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BassMan  Online

@ronvalencia said:
@BassMan said:

Forza 6 Apex Premium Edition is not free. Free version is effectively a large demo game.

No, the free version has the bulk of the game. The premium version is 3 add on packs that feature additional cars and the Nurburgring track.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/apex_premium_edition

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

PS4 for the next GT release for sure, unless you also watch a lot of television.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01

OP shouldn't have asked this in System Wars... waste of time.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

PS4 for the next GT release for sure, unless you also watch a lot of television.

So you'd go for the inferior racing series simply because it's on the PS4....oh what a surprise. No wonder you keep bringing up the same joke time and time again, you lack imagination

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CrashNBurn281

@kingtito: Not necessarily. Like I previously stated, if I exclusively watched television, I would surely pick a Xbone. I just have a preference to a dedicated gaming console.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kingtito

@crashnburn281 said:

@kingtito: Not necessarily. Like I previously stated, if I exclusively watched television, I would surely pick a Xbone. I just have a preference to a dedicated gaming console.

So the question is which system and racing game should he go with and your response is to talk about TV? He specifically said racing games, not TV and not any other game. Like I said, what a surprise. A cow is telling someone that ONLY cares about racing games to pick a game that isn't out and is most likely going to be inferior to it's counter part. Nice try cow....go back to telling your lame jokes

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@dakur said:

4th option is the most sensible for a racing fan and game fan in general. Racing with VR is the future

Yeah the last racing VR game on PS4 got a great score.

Anyone with halve a brain would choose the Xbox One if they really love racing games.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CrashNBurn281

@kingtito: I only have his well-being in mind. Everyone I know that went with Xbone has regretted it. No need for hostility compatriot, I am on your side.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01

@crashnburn281 said:

@kingtito: I only have his well-being in mind. Everyone I know that went with Xbone has regretted it. No need for hostility compatriot, I am on your side.

Do the OP (and all of us) a favour and beat it... you're just filling up the thread with nonsense.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kingtito

@crashnburn281 said:

Riiiggghhttttt. You're not fooling anyone kid, you don't have friends. You're just a pathetic cow without individual thought. Your told what to say, what to think and what to do. Take a break and go outside once in a while. Might do you some good to meet people outside of the virtual world.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CrashNBurn281

@hrt_rulz01: I value your opinion, but the angel on my should mandates that I provide the OP with the information to make the right choice. Be well.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CrashNBurn281

@kingtito: No need for personal attacks my friend, I do not want your blood pressure to elevate, it isn't healthy.

I simply have everyone's best interests at heart. Be well.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01

@crashnburn281 said:

@kingtito: No need for personal attacks my friend, I do not want your blood pressure to elevate, it isn't healthy.

Go do your homework, kid.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kingtito

@crashnburn281 said:

If only that were true. Unfortunately for you, you've quickly become a shit poster in the line of dakur, El Tormented and quacknight. You answered his question based on pure fanboyism. I'm not personally attacking you, I'm trying to inform the rest of SWs because I only have their best interest at heart :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hrt_rulz01

@kingtito said:
@crashnburn281 said:

If only that were true. Unfortunately for you, you've quickly become a shit poster in the line of dakur, El Tormented and quacknight. You answered his question based on pure fanboyism. I'm not personally attacking you, I'm trying to inform the rest of SWs because I only have their best interest at heart :)

Ahhhh, how much better would the forums be without these fools. Nice to dream about.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CrashNBurn281

@kingtito: No fanboyism. Like I said Xbone is great if you like television. I did recommend he get the Bone if his focus is on TV with some gaming on the side.

As long as you follow your conscience my friend. That is all we can do. Be well.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingtito

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@kingtito said:
@crashnburn281 said:

Ahhhh, how much better would the forums be without these fools. Nice to dream about.

SW can do without quack and dakur but El Tormented is pure entertainment. I can't see SWs being the same without that fool.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

OP shouldn't have asked this in System Wars... waste of time.

This ^

Buuuuuttt if youre going to pick purely for racers, and racers only, XBOX is the way to go brother

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kingtito

@crashnburn281 said:

@kingtito: No fanboyism. Like I said Xbone is great if you like television. I did recommend he get the Bone if his focus is on TV with some gaming on the side.

As long as you follow your conscience my friend. That is all we can do. Be well.

You have reading comprehension problems? What didn't you understand about "i'm only interested in racing sims"? Where did he mention anything about TV or any other game for that matter?

Be gone troll

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hrt_rulz01

@kingtito said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@kingtito said:
@crashnburn281 said:

SW can do without quack and dakur but El Tormented is pure entertainment. I can't see SWs being the same without that fool.

True... it is fun watching him own himself constantly.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

If I were the TC I would get the Scorpio, Forza7/6 and FH3. Even if you don't currently own a 4K TV when that TV goes bad your next TV will certainly be a 4K TV so might as well future proof that purchase.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@dakur said:

Another GT flop!