Xbox ellete Confirmed by M$ link

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#102 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.Dualshockin

How so? I am not required to buy this new model. Its like the Slim-line PS2, or even the PSOne. Thats not ownage, that is a re-design.

A redesign is a cosmetic change,this is not a redesign,Microsoft are adding HDMI and a bigger harddisk.

Sony included the broadband adaptor, previously an add-on, in the PS2 slimline. Was that more than a cosmetic change? How about adding two joysticks and rumble to the controllers later on with the PS1? Simply a cosmetic change? Adding HDMI simply gives users a new output - oh no - not that existing users were exactly limited by component and vga outputs. The larger hard drive is an add-on item that's getting bundled with the special edition of the 360, it will be available for purchase by anyone.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

Dis jus piss me I buy a new 360 at launch and it mashup 2 times then dem fix it and now dem gonna release a one wid hdmi ana 120 gig hard drive. Ms mus take we fe a idiot!!

Dem know dat likle 20 gig was too small with all da video an now we supposed to buy a 120 gig fe another $199 just fe use de service. Dey can go suck dem self me na ga buy a next one !!

Dem rush out the 360 fe beat sony when dem know de ps3 come wid everyting ana dis jus prove it.

geist117

if you speak like this in real life, then everyone would think you're an idiot, not just ms.

He is speaking in a different dialect. (i.e Jamaica). :| You must not get out often.

speaking and writing are two different things. even if you have an accent when you speak, you should at east write the language correctly otherwise people would think you're retarded. i live in new york, everyone has an accent. ever been to brooklyn? a lot of people there are from the west indies and they speak with an accent. the difference is, them you could understand, what this guy wrote is gibberish.

No,it's not jibberish,if that's how he speaks/writes it's because of where he's from,not because it was intentional. Quite frankly,I find it ironic that you would criticize his use of English words whilst you had a few spelling mishaps yourself :|

whats also ironic is that your insulting me for misspelling yet you did the same exact thing. the way he writes is considered gibberish. it's an english disaster. not even a first grader has as many spelling and grammatical errors. hell, most people who learn english as a second language spell better in their first year of learning the language than this guy in his entire life. either he is too lazy to write correctly or he's an idiot. those arre the only two options.

Actually,I wasn't criticizing your use of English words,I was merely pointing out that you had made some spelling mistakes whilst criticizing another person for making spelling "mistakes".Criticizing would be pointing out that there's only 1 "r" in Are. Anyways,dude,if that's the way he spells,I don't see why it's a problem.(Based on his avatar and previous post) He's most likely from Jamaica,and that's how people from Jamaica talk and even spell.Thus,technically,his words have no error....

I have extended family in Jamaica and they don't type like that all. He's a gimmic alt, how many times do you want to keep getting shot down over this BS argument your trying to make?

Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]PS2 went through 14 different hardware revisions and had a new model in the Slimline making a total of 15 different versions of the PS2 yet I don't hear anyone complaining about it.asmallchild
The difference is that those hardware revisions were mostly kept inside the box and were aimed at cost-cutting in manufacturing. The Slimline certainly looked nicer but again, that was a cosmetic change (and quite frankly, some network functionality was lost in that edition) This Elite unit ADDS an HDMI port (for those who have an HDTV), ADDS 120 GB HD (which everyone could benefit from), and has a rumored ENHANCED cooling system (which again, everyone can benefit from. I understand this isn't the 65 nm process chip that runs cooler. But I'm fairly certain with all the red rings of doom problems, MS would tweak the cooling system even if they don't admit it to the press) So in some ways, I can understand why early adopters of the Xbox360 are up in arms. Won't stop me from trading in my old unit though and paying the difference to procure one of these "Elite" units.

No some added different functionality between the dvd players, dvd-R playback, DVD-RW compatibility, and other minor conviencances that you take for granted on your PS2. Like a more quiet chip set, reduced heat output. Pretty much everything that people on the forum are complaining about that the Elite has the the Premium doesn't. Well minus the HDMI and larger HDD of course lol. 

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Dualshockin
When latinrage gone a school but he jus look pon de picture but na know how fe spell. Every post you write de word dem mashup. You a throw stone ana live ina glass house. DualShockin nuff respect don't bother try explain to dis mon when im na know bout jamaica. Latinrage if you have a 360 when me se you pon live I gonna mash you up Ja know. My gamertag is Negrodomis if you don't know bout me you will!!I am gonna tear you a new one and make rep for brooklyn!!I know how to talk and write regular english at work but this is a gaming forum. When I am just relaxing this is how I write and speak.ChiChiMonKilla
That was unexpected :lol: Hear me now!
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts
[QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

Dis jus piss me I buy a new 360 at launch and it mashup 2 times then dem fix it and now dem gonna release a one wid hdmi ana 120 gig hard drive. Ms mus take we fe a idiot!!

Dem know dat likle 20 gig was too small with all da video an now we supposed to buy a 120 gig fe another $199 just fe use de service. Dey can go suck dem self me na ga buy a next one !!

Dem rush out the 360 fe beat sony when dem know de ps3 come wid everyting ana dis jus prove it.

Dualshockin

if you speak like this in real life, then everyone would think you're an idiot, not just ms.

He is speaking in a different dialect. (i.e Jamaica). :| You must not get out often.

speaking and writing are two different things. even if you have an accent when you speak, you should at east write the language correctly otherwise people would think you're retarded. i live in new york, everyone has an accent. ever been to brooklyn? a lot of people there are from the west indies and they speak with an accent. the difference is, them you could understand, what this guy wrote is gibberish.

No,it's not jibberish,if that's how he speaks/writes it's because of where he's from,not because it was intentional. Quite frankly,I find it ironic that you would criticize his use of English words whilst you had a few spelling mishaps yourself :|

whats also ironic is that your insulting me for misspelling yet you did the same exact thing. the way he writes is considered gibberish. it's an english disaster. not even a first grader has as many spelling and grammatical errors. hell, most people who learn english as a second language spell better in their first year of learning the language than this guy in his entire life. either he is too lazy to write correctly or he's an idiot. those arre the only two options.

Actually,I wasn't criticizing your use of English words,I was merely pointing out that you had made some spelling mistakes whilst criticizing another person for making spelling "mistakes".Criticizing would be pointing out that there's only 1 "r" in Are. Anyways,dude,if that's the way he spells,I don't see why it's a problem.(Based on his avatar and previous post) He's most likely from Jamaica,and that's how people from Jamaica talk and even spell.Thus,technically,his words have no error....

I have extended family in Jamaica and they don't type like that all. He's a gimmic alt, how many times do you want to keep getting shot down over this BS argument your trying to make?

Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?

that's not the way types. go back to page 10 and read his last post. he admits it himself. he's too lazy to write properly. here's a little math equation for you: you + logic = self owned. 

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts
LatinRage what time you gonna be on live so I can own you and put you pon youtube crying. You made this personal so don't try and wimp out now.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]"Quote LatinRage" Okay,I agree,every console has it's fair share of small and big problems. But between Ps3 and Xbox 360,which console would you say has more faults?latinrage69

in all honesty, the ps3 is well built machine. that does not mean the 360 isn't, it just means the ps3 has less hardware malfunctions. the problem with the 360 isn't the overheating, per se, it's the lead-less solder that was used. the reason for lead-less solder is that it's now against the law in europe to use lead in computers and electronic devices due to adverse environmental effects. when the 360 heats up, the solder becomes malleable and tends to disconnect from the chip. the ps3 doesn't have this problem because it has giant fan covering everything. basically, the ps3's better cooling implementation causes less problems than that of the 360.

That makes sense. I've heard a lot about these solder issues over at the Xbox forums. Has anyone confirmed this yet?
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 latinrage69

LatinRage what time you gonna be on live so I own you and put you pon youtube crying. You made this personal so don't try and wimp out now.ChiChiMonKilla

actually i have silver. i've never seen the need to play online in the first place, not even on the pc. but if you need to know, my gamer card is in my sig, look me up. 

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#111 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

latinrage69

When latinrage gone a school but he jus look pon de picture but na know how fe spell. Every post you write de word dem mashup. You a throw stone ana live ina glass house. DualShockin nuff respect don't bother try explain to dis mon when im na know bout jamaica. Latinrage if you have a 360 when me se you pon live I gonna mash you up Ja know. My gamertag is Negrodomis if you don't know bout me you will!!

I am gonna tear you a new one and make rep for brooklyn!!

I know how to talk and write regular english at work but this is a gaming forum. When I am just relaxing this is how I write and speak.

ha. like i said before, you're just too freaking lazy too write properly. dude, seriously, get back to your pot and leave the forums alone. 

Holy crap, did SW turn into a Role-Playing forum? What the heck is going here.....
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

Dualshockin

that's not the way types. go back to page 10 and read his last post. he admits it himself. he's too lazy to write properly. here's a little math equation for you: you + logic = self owned.

Excuse me for not possessing the ability to see whether or not a person is typing in his/her regular form. This is the internet after all.

"just because this is the internet" is not an excuse for improper use of a language. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

Bgrngod

When latinrage gone a school but he jus look pon de picture but na know how fe spell. Every post you write de word dem mashup. You a throw stone ana live ina glass house. DualShockin nuff respect don't bother try explain to dis mon when im na know bout jamaica. Latinrage if you have a 360 when me se you pon live I gonna mash you up Ja know. My gamertag is Negrodomis if you don't know bout me you will!!

I am gonna tear you a new one and make rep for brooklyn!!

I know how to talk and write regular english at work but this is a gaming forum. When I am just relaxing this is how I write and speak.

ha. like i said before, you're just too freaking lazy too write properly. dude, seriously, get back to your pot and leave the forums alone.

Holy crap, did SW turn into a Role-Playing forum? What the heck is going here.....

sw has always been a role-playing forum. you can chose to be a lemming, cow, sheep, hermit, manticore, etc. some people have higher hp than others but that's to be expected. you can increase your hp by owning others by using credible sources and info.

BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BioEffect
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts
480 at time of launch, get the early adopters. Drop the price before the holiday season to 400, make it the new premium, price drop on premium to make it the new core.DaysAirlines
agreed 100 percent. Game set match.
geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?Dualshockin
He admitted he was just being an arse, but agreed. Back on subject. Elite version is just showing how far M$ is willing to go to beat Sony at their own Hi-Def pissing contest. Reminds me of the different versions of Genesis honestly.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.subrosian

How so? I am not required to buy this new model. Its like the Slim-line PS2, or even the PSOne. Thats not ownage, that is a re-design.

A redesign is a cosmetic change,this is not a redesign,Microsoft are adding HDMI and a bigger harddisk.

Sony included the broadband adaptor, previously an add-on, in the PS2 slimline. Was that more than a cosmetic change? How about adding two joysticks and rumble to the controllers later on with the PS1? Simply a cosmetic change? Adding HDMI simply gives users a new output - oh no - not that existing users were exactly limited by component and vga outputs. The larger hard drive is an add-on item that's getting bundled with the special edition of the 360, it will be available for purchase by anyone.

The PS2 slimline also gained an RF receiver (previously required an adaptor being put into the controller port) lost the I-link port, and also lost the ability to add the optional HD add on that the bigger PS2's could use. Right now it seems Sony is again taking the same track with the PS3 revisions by removing hardware to make it cheaper to produce. The first step as dropping the hardware for backwards compatibility out of the Euro PS3's. What's next? In all honesty the only way I would buy the new 360 is if it came in white. Seems stupid, but I don't want a black 360, and the extra HD space and HDMI are not that important to me. The Component connection will always be just as good for anything the 360 needs to send to my TV.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"] Holy crap, did SW turn into a Role-Playing forum? What the heck is going here.....latinrage69
sw has always been a role-playing forum. you can chose to be a lemming, cow, sheep, hermit, manticore, etc. some people have higher hp than others but that's to be expected. you can increase your hp by owning others by using credible sources and info.

I just don't understand why anyone would "talk" here any different then they do in RL. That only makes sense if you use a second language in RL.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?Dualshockin
I think it's both. Good because anytime a company can offer a system with an upgraded port, increased HD space, and enhanced cooling, they should go for it. Bad because there are bound to be some early adopters of the Xbox360 who feel shafted with this announcement. These are those out there who just have to have the latest edition of the hardware (even if the new edition of hardware offers no significant changes over the original). This "Elite" model will feel like a slap in the face to those users. Then again, there are those who only care that it plays games. In which case, this announcement won't bother them at all.
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ChiChiMonKilla

"just because this is the internet" is not an excuse for improper use of a language.

latinrage69

English must be your 2nd language cause your grammar and spelling is rubbish and your trying to talk about others like your sh*t don't stink. What time you gonna be on live so I can spank you big mouth yankee ??

I will make sure to open a room for you in the fps,fighting or driving game of your choice. I am gonna teach you that Jamaica is #1 and brooklyn don't take slick talk carelessly. I will teach you to respect my name like those hicks in their moble homes making jokes but could not it back it up. So don't go looking at the leaderboards and try to back out now you made this personal not me !!

If you can afford a ps3 I have resistantance,and F1 also so where you want to do this???

While I am beating you down you can laugh at my accent of unplug your console and run away lmao !!

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 latinrage69

[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"] Holy crap, did SW turn into a Role-Playing forum? What the heck is going here.....Bgrngod

I just don't understand why anyone would "talk" here any different then they do in RL. That only makes sense if you use a second language in RL.

simple...comprehension. i do condone the use of internet shor-hand such as rofl, lol, brb, etc, but what chichimonkilla did was butcher the language in a way that seemed like another language all together.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

latinrage69

Excuse me for not possessing the ability to see whether or not a person is typing in his/her regular form. This is the internet after all.

Define "improper use",because last I checked,the internet is the biggest "place" on Earth with the most varied use of the English language.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Bgrngod
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZulZAVllpgNRLjqX.php
PWNT btw whats the point of them adding hdmi? they have the dvi cables
Squall_Griver
They have to add HDMI because the stupid content providers (movie studios, cable stations etc) somehow managed to infiltrate hardware requirements and thay won't allow 1080p unless its going through HDMI. They seem to believe this will stop pirating, even though it won't. So those of us that have never stolen a movie in our entire lives have to fork over the $$ to pay for their idiocy. Milk the good consumers and don't bother the bad. Nice game plan huh?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?geist117
He admitted he was just being an arse, but agreed. Back on subject. Elite version is just showing how far M$ is willing to go to beat Sony at their own Hi-Def pissing contest. Reminds me of the different versions of Genesis honestly.

Alright,agreed. Imo,the Elite is not a smart decision by MS,it is simply a way to make as much money before 2008.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"]

ChiChiMonKilla

English must be your 2nd language cause your grammar and spelling is rubbish and your trying to talk about others like your sh*t don't stink. What time you gonna be on live so I can spank you big mouth yankee ??

I will make sure to open a room for you in the fps,fighting or driving game of your choice. I am gonna teach you that Jamaica is #1 and brooklyn don't take slick talk carelessly. I will teach you to respect my name like those hicks in their moble homes making jokes but could not it back it up. So don't go looking at the leaderboards and try to back out now you made did personal not me !!

actually my grammar an spelling are both, indeed correct, but of a  higher sophistication than than your's, ie, more refined. as i've said before which you've so conveniently forgot to read, i said i have silver not gold because i don't like to play games online. lastly, i live in manhattan, not brooklyn, though i went to college there. i brought up brooklyn to show or explain to the other guy in our argument that with the high concentration of west indians in brooklyn, they still write correctly, unlike what he was saying. when i pointed out to him that you were faking the entire thing, he immediately shut up.

geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
[QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?Dualshockin
He admitted he was just being an arse, but agreed. Back on subject. Elite version is just showing how far M$ is willing to go to beat Sony at their own Hi-Def pissing contest. Reminds me of the different versions of Genesis honestly.

Alright,agreed. Imo,the Elite is not a smart decision by MS,it is simply a way to make as much money before 2008.

Whats so special about 2008?
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

Dualshockin

Define "improper use",because last I checked,the internet is the biggest "place" on Earth with the most varied use of the English language.

improper use of any language includes, but is not limited to, incorrect spelling, grammar, lexicon, etc. 

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
What is an HDMI output cable? Are they like A/V cables but for High Definition tvs? Because I dont' have a 360 yet but I'm considering getting either this or the Premium. But I do not have a HDTV so it seems that I won't be able to play this at all.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]

latinrage69

I will make sure to open a room for you in the fps,fighting or driving game of your choice. I am gonna teach you that Jamaica is #1 and brooklyn don't take slick talk carelessly. I will teach you to respect my name like those hicks in their moble homes making jokes but could not it back it up. So don't go looking at the leaderboards and try to back out now you made did personal not me !!

actually my grammar an spelling are both, indeed correct, but of a higher sophistication than than your's, ie, more refined. as i've said before which you've so conveniently forgot to read, i said i have silver not gold because i don't like to play games online. lastly, i live in manhattan, not brooklyn, though i went to college there. i brought up brooklyn to show or explain to the other guy in our argument that with the high concentration of west indians in brooklyn, they still write correctly, unlike what he was saying. when i pointed out to him that you were faking the entire thing, he immediately shut up.

No,he pointed out that he was talking that way because he was relaxed etc. You can't blame the messenger!
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?Dualshockin

Wait... wouldn't making more money be a smart decision?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

latinrage69

improper use of any language includes, but is not limited to, incorrect spelling, grammar, lexicon, etc.

In that case,we are all using English improperly,seeing as how everyone has their own unique style/method of typing.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 latinrage69

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?geist117

Whats so special about 2008?

most cows think that just because mgs 4 and ff are being released in 2008, that those two games alone will send the ps3 console sales skyrocketing to the level ps2 sales, ie, 100 million consoles, or if not, that in the least it would surpass the sales of xbox 360 and they can  claim an early, albeit wrong, victory in the console wars. you know, the way sony claimed early victory over toshiba and hd dvd forum after seeing only two months of sales ahead of hd dvd when they've been behind in sales for 8 months.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Dude,if that's the way he really types,then let's leave it at that.I have family in the UK and they type "Colour",I don't get mad when they do so. Back on topic,what's your opinion on the Elite 360=Good or bad decision by MS?Bgrngod

Wait... wouldn't making more money be a smart decision?

It's not a smart decision for the consumers and for MS in the long run.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#133 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
[QUOTE="Squall_Griver"]http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZulZAVllpgNRLjqX.php
PWNT btw whats the point of them adding hdmi? they have the dvi cables
D0013ER
Hey look at that it's still cheaper than either PS3...

Yeah but for $20 you could get a blu ray player and free online.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]

Dualshockin

actually my grammar an spelling are both, indeed correct, but of a higher sophistication than than your's, ie, more refined. as i've said before which you've so conveniently forgot to read, i said i have silver not gold because i don't like to play games online. lastly, i live in manhattan, not brooklyn, though i went to college there. i brought up brooklyn to show or explain to the other guy in our argument that with the high concentration of west indians in brooklyn, they still write correctly, unlike what he was saying. when i pointed out to him that you were faking the entire thing, he immediately shut up.

No,he pointed out that he was talking that way because he was relaxed etc. You can't blame the messenger!

no but i can shoot the messenger for making up his own reasons that are not in the message itself.

Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Mikazukinoyaiba

Yeah but for $20 you could get a blu ray player and free online.

Not really true since the 20 GB PS3 has been discontinued or will (if I remember correctly) and most retailers do not even provide it.
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ChiChiMonKilla
[QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]

latinrage69

You only got silver well I also have a ps3 with resistance and f1 and that is free so don't cry (in girly voice) "I can't afford a ps3!" after I just got of the "boat" a couple year ago college man.

Yankee can't even get a gold but you talking like you really know about the 360 when a little Jamaican is in the top10 - 20 on most leader boards. So you got a ps3 college man with bad spelling and grammar so we can do it there and dualshockin can be a witness to the ownage of jamaica's finest .

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 latinrage69

What is an HDMI output cable? Are they like A/V cables but for High Definition tvs? Because I dont' have a 360 yet but I'm considering getting either this or the Premium. But I do not have a HDTV so it seems that I won't be able to play this at all.Mikazukinoyaiba

an hdmi cable ( high-definition multimedia interface) is a new cable in which all information, video and audio, is sent digitally from source to terminating point (hdtv). this cable is used only for hdtv's and contains a capacity unrivalled by any other cable on the market. video can be sent over the cable with no interference at over 400 Mbps and has the ability to transfer 1080p video encoded with 48-bit color (know simply as "deep color"). uncompressed, loss-less audio can be sent along side the video in the same cable.

if you don't have an hdtv, you need not be concerned. the premium would be ok as it comes with component and composite video cables in the package. 

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]

ChiChiMonKilla

You only got silver well I also have a ps3 with resistance and f1 and that is free so don't cry (in girly voice) "I can't afford a ps3!" after I just got of the "boat" a couple year ago college man.

Yankee can't even get a gold but you talking like you really know about the 360 when a little Jamaican is in the top10 - 20 on most leader boards. So you got a ps3 college man with bad spelling and grammar so we can do it there and dualshockin can be a witness to the ownage of jamaica's finest .

actually i can afford gold and a ps3 but i don't want either one. i don't play games online, not even on the pc, and the games on the ps3 don't interest me. don't talk s--- about things you don't know about, it only makes you look like an idiot and specifically in your case, it makes you look like a whiny b----.

Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Mikazukinoyaiba

[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]What is an HDMI output cable? Are they like A/V cables but for High Definition tvs? Because I dont' have a 360 yet but I'm considering getting either this or the Premium. But I do not have a HDTV so it seems that I won't be able to play this at all.latinrage69

an hdmi cable ( high-definition multimedia interface) is a new cable in which all information, video and audio, is sent digitally from source to terminating point (hdtv). this cable is used only for hdtv's and contains a capacity unrivalled by any other cable on the market. video can be sent over the cable with no interference at over 400 Mbps and has the ability to transfer 1080p video encoded with 48-bit color (know simply as "deep color"). uncompressed, loss-less audio can be sent along side the video in the same cable.

if you don't have an hdtv, you need not be concerned. the premium would be ok as it comes with component and composite video cables in the package.

I see, okay then. Thanks, guess I'll just get the Premium at years end.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 latinrage69
[QUOTE="latinrage69"]

[QUOTE="Mikazukinoyaiba"]What is an HDMI output cable? Are they like A/V cables but for High Definition tvs? Because I dont' have a 360 yet but I'm considering getting either this or the Premium. But I do not have a HDTV so it seems that I won't be able to play this at all.Mikazukinoyaiba

I see, okay then. Thanks, guess I'll just get the Premium at years end.

no problem. just glad to help. 

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"] I wonder why most 360's started dying after the warranty ended?That is shady business by Microsoft. As a long time gamer,having to pay for insurance on a faulty console is not a good decision.SpruceCaboose

My warrenty has not ended, but the two 360s I had both dies within the first year, so even without an extended warrenty, I would be fine.

ENOUGH of the WARRENTY!
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts
I can't wait!  This is why i bought my 360 at Costco.  When the elite comes out,  ill simply go to Costco,  return my old 360,  and pay the $76 dollars difference or whatever it is to exchange my old Premium for a new Elite.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts
double post
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 latinrage69
it happens.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Dualshockin
no but i can shoot the messenger for making up his own reasons that are not in the message itselflatinrage69
Lemmings sure do love guns.
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 latinrage69

[QUOTE="latinrage69"]no but i can shoot the messenger for making up his own reasons that are not in the message itselfDualshockin

not as much as we love explosions. :D

GeneralZ0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GeneralZ0d
Member since 2006 • 671 Posts
[QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

Dualshockin

speaking and writing are two different things. even if you have an accent when you speak, you should at east write the lanuage correctly otherwise people would think you're retarded. i live in new york, everyone has an accent. ever been to brooklyn? a lot of people there are from the west indies and they speak with an accent. the difference is, them you could understand, what this guy wrote is jibberish.

Oh come on its quite obvious he is not Jamaican. I know quite a few Jamaicans and they sure as hell dont type like that. You do know that not everyone on the internet speaks the truth.
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Righfully said,like I pointed out in a previous post,the Slimline was a cosmetic change,it wasnt in anyway better than the Ps2 apart from size(Which to some isnt even an issue) Most companies milk their customers in one way or another and at some point or another,the Elite is an example of such.

Since when does "redesign" strictly mean "only cosmetic" changes (meaning only the look/size of the product is affected, not features)? Cars are "redesigned" each year, with new features being removed or added, even though its the same model. And I seem to recall the PS2 slimline was not strictly a "cosmetic" update, but correct me if I'm wrong. In addition to being smaller and thinner, the PS2 slimline added a built in Ethernet port, REMOVED the 3.5" HDD expansion bay (which meant you could no longer play FFXI, right?), and made the power supply external like the GC.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"]no but i can shoot the messenger for making up his own reasons that are not in the message itselflatinrage69

not as much as we love explosions. :D

I know what you mean lol
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="latinrage69"][QUOTE="ChiChiMonKilla"]

GeneralZ0d

speaking and writing are two different things. even if you have an accent when you speak, you should at east write the lanuage correctly otherwise people would think you're retarded. i live in new york, everyone has an accent. ever been to brooklyn? a lot of people there are from the west indies and they speak with an accent. the difference is, them you could understand, what this guy wrote is jibberish.

Oh come on its quite obvious he is not Jamaican. I know quite a few Jamaicans and they sure as hell dont type like that. You do know that not everyone on the internet speaks the truth.

We already resolved this a few pages back,he admitted that he types that way when he's relaxed.