Xbox ellete Confirmed by M$ link

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZulZAVllpgNRLjqX.php
PWNT btw whats the point of them adding hdmi? they have the dvi cables
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

Squall_Griver

They added HDMI in preparation of their future IPTV service.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
480 at time of launch, get the early adopters. Drop the price before the holiday season to 400, make it the new premium, price drop on premium to make it the new core.
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
Squall_Griver
Hey look at that it's still cheaper than either PS3...
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
Oh god i wish it wasnt happening
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    Wonder what the 120 gig HDD will retail for, and if MS will have an easy way to transfer saves.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thinicer

Wonder what the 120 gig HDD will retail for, and if MS will have an easy way to transfer saves.SpruceCaboose

My guess is that after the black Eilte becomes the new premium (that is, once it becomes white in color) the 120 gig hard drive will go on sale for $99, same retail price as the 20 gig has right now. The 20 gig drive will no longer be for sale separately.

The current 20 gig premium will become the new Core, and the 20 gig drive will become standard. Those that buy the Core with its 20 gig drive will have the option of upgrading to a 120 gig drive for $99.

This is all guess work on my part.

haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] Wonder what the 120 gig HDD will retail for, and if MS will have an easy way to transfer saves.thinicer

My guess is that after the black Eilte becomes the new premium (that is, once it becomes white in color) the 120 gig hard drive will go on sale for $99, same retail price as the 20 gig has right now. The 20 gig drive will no longer be for sale separately.

The current 20 gig premium will become the new Core, and the 20 gig drive will become standard. Those that buy the Core with its 20 gig drive will have the option of upgrading to a 120 gig drive for $99.

It sounds logical, and is wise from a buisness standpoint.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpruceCaboose
    I have no need for HDMI or a larger HDD (as of now), but at least this will stop the threads where people add together 3 20 Gig HDDs to "equal" a PS3...
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpruceCaboose

lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.deadmeat59

How so? I am not required to buy this new model. Its like the Slim-line PS2, or even the PSOne. Thats not ownage, that is a re-design. 

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thinicer

lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.deadmeat59

As a 360 owner, I am not going to get the new 360. I have no need, whatsoever, for an HDMI video game console.

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] Wonder what the 120 gig HDD will retail for, and if MS will have an easy way to transfer saves.thinicer

The Core **** everything up. 3 SKU's sounds like a really bad idea but after a year and a half on the market, they should offer something under $300.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thinicer

The Core **** everything up. 3 SKU's sounds like a really bad idea but after a year and a half on the market, they should offer something under $300.pins_basic

I think that the 3 SKUs will only exist momentarily. The Elite will be a limited run and it will be Microsoft's way of introducing their HDMI feature & 120 gig drive, and then phasing it into becoming the new Premium. They will market the new console as "IPTV-ready."

It is my guess that the existing Core, without hard drive, is done in a couple of months. It will no longer be for sale.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Ouch,it's now official that the 360 was rushed.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
This was inevitable, can't believe people thought it was not coming.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spartan070
Ouch,it's now official that the 360 was rushed.Dualshockin
No, it's official that MS believes in options, nothing this new one offers I need.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.SpruceCaboose

How so? I am not required to buy this new model. Its like the Slim-line PS2, or even the PSOne. Thats not ownage, that is a re-design.

A redesign is a cosmetic change,this is not a redesign,Microsoft are adding HDMI and a bigger harddisk.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
    Wonder what the 120 gig HDD will retail for, and if MS will have an easy way to transfer saves.SpruceCaboose
There's a bundled cable for transferring all the data from one to the other, I hear. It comes with all Elites and seperate 120 gb models
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Ouch,it's now official that the 360 was rushed.Spartan070
No, it's official that MS believes in options, nothing this new one offers I need.

If that's the case,then the future inclusion of rumble in the SixAxis is also an option,right :wink: ?
braydee1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 braydee1234
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts
will IPTV be available for Pro customers right now? or will I need to upgrade?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.Dualshockin

A redesign is a cosmetic change,this is not a redesign,Microsoft are adding HDMI and a bigger harddisk.

And the Slim PS2 made the PS HDD useless. Your point?

As long as my current 360 continues to function, I am fine. I don't need a larger HDD or HDMI. If someone did, now they can have it.

As for myself, I don't need either. The only thing I would want on the new SKU is the 65mm processor, and not the 90mm one my 360 currently has, but I think I could arrange to having some "red rings" before my 2 year warranty expires. :)

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.SpruceCaboose

you fail those were small upgrades. for 360 its a huge upgrade its massive you getHDMI 120gb hard drive witch is 100 gbs more you get a better disc drive to. thats a freaking huge update so stop it with your freaking damage control . my bro has a 360 and he is pissed about this i know many 360 fans are mad about it.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Ouch,it's now official that the 360 was rushed.Dualshockin

If that's the case,then the future inclusion of rumble in the SixAxis is also an option,right :wink: ?

It was never actually needed, I personally never bashed them for it.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thinicer

Ouch,it's now official that the 360 was rushed.Dualshockin

Microsoft was smart to release the 360 when they did. 

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
[QUOTE="Squall_Griver"]http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZulZAVllpgNRLjqX.php
D0013ER
Hey look at that it's still cheaper than either PS3...

but with the ps3 you get built in Wi-fi, bd, and blue tooth connectivity.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thinicer

you fail those were small upgrades. for 360 its a huge upgrade its massive you getHDMI 120gb hard drive witch is 100 gbs more you get a better disc drive to. thats a freaking huge update so stop it with your freaking damage control . my bro has a 360 and he is pissed about this i know many 360 fans are mad about it.deadmeat59

I guess he was unhappy with his console the entire time he owned it then. 

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

And the Slim PS2 made the PS HDD useless. Your point?

As long as my current 360 continues to function, I am fine. I don't need a larger HDD or HDMI. If someone did, now they can have it.

As for myself, I don't need either. The only thing I would want on the new SKU is the 65mm processor, and not the 90mm one my 360 currently has, but I think I could arrange to having some "red rings" before my 2 year warranty expires. :)

Yup,but the difference is,the slimline was a cosmetic change,not a system upgrade,the HDD's only value was for Final Fantasy anyways. The only way MS can make the new 360 justifiable is if they reduce the price for the current premium to $349.99 And even then,their plans for the 360 will still be a mystery.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
[QUOTE="thinicer"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] Wonder what the 120 gig HDD will retail for, and if MS will have an easy way to transfer saves.haols

It sounds logical, and is wise from a buisness standpoint.

They already confirmed that the 120gb hard drive will retail for under $200. Translation: $199.99
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.deadmeat59

you fail those were small upgrades. for 360 its a huge upgrade its massive you getHDMI 120gb hard drive witch is 100 gbs more you get a better disc drive to. thats a freaking huge update so stop it with your freaking damage control . my bro has a 360 and he is pissed about this i know many 360 fans are mad about it.

Umm, no, the disc drives have gone through a few updates already, and systems usually have different drive models throughout their lives.

As for the subtraction, I can do that myself. I know 120 is 100 more than 20. It still does not change the fact that I have no use for a larger HDD or HDMI.

Its not damage control. They are launching a model that has more space than a PS3 and HDMI, for $120 less than the 60 gig PS3. I am not the one who needs damage control here. 

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Ouch,it's now official that the 360 was rushed.thinicer

Microsoft was smart to release the 360 when they did.

Oh really? The Xbox 360 has been considered by many to be the most unreliable console in the history of videogames,even moreso than the faulty Ps2 with the random disc read errors.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SpruceCaboose

Yup,but the difference is,the slimline was a cosmetic change,not a system upgrade,the HDD's only value was for Final Fantasy anyways. The only way MS can make the new 360 justifiable is if they reduce the price for the current premium to $349.99 And even then,their plans for the 360 will still be a mystery.Dualshockin

I would be willing to bet, if they keep this new model at $400, the current premium would go to $300. If they leave this version at $480, I don't see the premium dropping in price, but then they would almost have to keep the Core around.

Still, there is no official word, so pricing is still speculation.

JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
[QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

Umm, no, the disc drives have gone through a few updates already, and systems usually have different drive models throughout their lives.

As for the subtraction, I can do that myself. I know 120 is 100 more than 20. It still does not change the fact that I have no use for a larger HDD or HDMI.

Its not damage control. They are launching a model that has more space than a PS3 and HDMI, for $120 less than the 60 gig PS3. I am not the one who needs damage control here. 

Are you forgetting the built in wi-fi that the PS3 has? Tack on another $100.
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thinicer

Oh really?Dualshockin

Yes really. The year head start has been the biggest help to the console by far. If there are manufacturing problems Microsoft is dealing with them on a case by case basis. But it was important for the company to be the first ones out of the gate, especially around the holiday season. Going toe-to-toe with the PS3 and launching at the same time as the console would not have been a good strategy for them.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

Dis jus piss me I buy a new 360 at launch and it mashup 2 times then dem fix it and now dem gonna release a one wid hdmi ana 120 gig hard drive. Ms mus take we fe a idiot!!

Dem know dat likle 20 gig was too small with all da video an now we supposed to buy a 120 gig fe another $199 just fe use de service. Dey can go suck dem self me na ga buy a next one !!

Dem rush out the 360 fe beat sony when dem know de ps3 come wid everyting ana dis jus prove it. 

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpruceCaboose

Are you forgetting the built in wi-fi that the PS3 has? Tack on another $100.JayPee89

Then we tack on every other option that is not needed by everyone to the price. You tack on wi-fi, I tack on a headset. You tack on play & charge kit, I tack on HD cables. See how it keeps going?

If you go down that road, eventually you might as well add on the cost of every game and download. 

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thinicer
I think that WiFi should be a standard feature of the console. I'm disappointed it won't be included in this. But whatever.
tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

He said lemming in general. Slim-line and PSOne, or the new DS is a mini version, they are not superior than their brother. Changing flag-ship design, advance the console by taking baby step, that's milking the fan.

Soon they gonna roll out service that require you to have the new Xbox, or worse, roll out games that require you to have Hard Drive. And bullsh!t like "Elite, limited edition" is obviously milking, you might not fall for it, but some people gonna have to pay about $80 more than they should just because M$ paint the console black. (Ask yourself, what the hell make something a LIMITED EDITION, in this case...because MS said so )

Obviously Microsoft strategy is to not treat every of their gamers equally, you are being categorized (HD equipped, not HD-equipped, Silver, Gold, Core, Premium, Elite, IPTV-ready or not (on-demand HD tv service required a secure tranfer (HDMI) .) and treated differently. Yes lemming are being owned, worse, they don't even realised it.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"] Yup,but the difference is,the slimline was a cosmetic change,not a system upgrade,the HDD's only value was for Final Fantasy anyways. The only way MS can make the new 360 justifiable is if they reduce the price for the current premium to $349.99 And even then,their plans for the 360 will still be a mystery.SpruceCaboose

I would be willing to bet, if they keep this new model at $400, the current premium would go to $300. If they leave this version at $480, I don't see the premium dropping in price, but then they would almost have to keep the Core around.

Still, there is no official word, so pricing is still speculation.

I highly doubt MS would price the new 360 anywhere less than $450,the Ps3 is still at $600 thus they have no whatsoever reason to not milk the consumer. I also believe that the Core model will be discontinued in the near future(It would save MS alot of money if they did so)Thus the current premium will recieve a price drop only when the Core is discontinued.
jsd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jsd360
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts
This doesn't really bother me and I just bought a 360 two weeks ago. I don't have an HD set so HDMI is useless to me and for now the 20gig hard drive is plenty. Also I like the fact that the console is white. In the future I can just buy the bigger, most likely overpriced hard drive if I need it.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]lemmings got owned by there own company ouch . big time to! this is just a gimick to get more sales to o well.tranhgiang

He said lemming in general. Slim-line and PSOne, or the new DS is a mini version, they are not superior than their brother. Changing flag-ship design, advance the console by taking baby step, that's milking the fan.

Soon they gonna roll out service that require you to have the new Xbox, or worse, roll out games that require you to have Hard Drive. And bullsh!t like "Elite, limited edition" is obviously milking, you might not fall for it, but some people gonna have to pay about $80 more than they should just because M$ paint the console black. (Ask yourself, what the hell make something a LIMITED EDITION, in this case...because MS said so )

Obviously Microsoft strategy is to not treat every of their gamers equally, you are being categorized (HD equipped, not HD-equipped, Silver, Gold, Core, Premium, Elite, IPTV-ready or not (on-demand HD tv service required a secure tranfer (HDMI) .) and treated differently. Yes lemming are being owned, worse, they don't even realised it.

Righfully said,like I pointed out in a previous post,the Slimline was a cosmetic change,it wasnt in anyway better than the Ps2 apart from size(Which to some isnt even an issue) Most companies milk their customers in one way or another and at some point or another,the Elite is an example of such.
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

Dis jus piss me I buy a new 360 at launch and it mashup 2 times then dem fix it and now dem gonna release a one wid hdmi ana 120 gig hard drive. Ms mus take we fe a idiot!!

Dem know dat likle 20 gig was too small with all da video an now we supposed to buy a 120 gig fe another $199 just fe use de service. Dey can go suck dem self me na ga buy a next one !!

Dem rush out the 360 fe beat sony when dem know de ps3 come wid everyting ana dis jus prove it. 

ChiChiMonKilla
:question:
latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

that sounds good except that the 120 gb hdd will probably retail for $180-$200 at first then drop in price and replace the 20 gb hdd after a year. this way, those who bought a 20 gb hdd won't feel ripped off. (not me, a bought a premium last april:D).

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SpruceCaboose

tranhgiang

And yet, you are assuming things. MS has treated the customers the same. I have XBL Gold, and HDTV, and the Premium 360, and yet, I play the same Gears of War as someone with no Live, a SDTV, and a Core 360.

You are so far just thinking to yourself what if MS makes games that require this new system (which is ridiculous since HDMI and larger HDD do not affect the game at all) or an HDD, although some games, on a developer to deveolper basis could require an HDD, just like FF on PS2. That is also not ownage, that is a developer making a design choice.

In this case, its limited because its black, and it will eventually be white, which makes the black case "limited" since it won't last forever.

I would be owned if I had to buy this new model in order to play games. I am not required to do so, thus, I am not owned.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

ChiChiMonKilla

if you speak like this in real life, then everyone would think you're an idiot, not just ms. 

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Oh really?thinicer

Yes really. The year head start has been the biggest help to the console by far. If there are manufacturing problems Microsoft is dealing with them on a case by case basis. But it was important for the company to be the first ones out of the gate, especially around the holiday season. Going toe-to-toe with the PS3 and launching at the same time as the console would not have been a good strategy for them.

No,imo it was a very poor decision to release the 360 at that time,with major hardware problems from launch 'till this day,it is obvious the console needed more time in the shop. One of the main reasons i'll never purchase a 360 has to do with the faulty hardware,at $400,it is not a good investment.When I pay a high price I expect in turn high quality,hence the decision to back Sony.
Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

also they said that the 120 hdd is goin to be sold by itself for under $200, and the old user get HDMI in June so I won't need to get it:)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="thinicer"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Oh really?Dualshockin

No,imo it was a very poor decision to release the 360 at that time,with major hardware problems from launch 'till this day,it is obvious the console needed more time in the shop. One of the main reasons i'll never purchase a 360 has to do with the faulty hardware,at $400,it is not a good investment.When I pay a high price I expect in turn high quality,hence the decision to back Sony.

Its called a warrenty, if you are really worried about the quality. $50 and you have 2 years of never having to worry about it breaking. Or you could get a warrenty from most major retailers.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dualshockin

ChiChiMonKilla
We at Sony release proper hardware from day 1,come over to the real next-gen.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"]Ouch,it's now official that the 360 was rushed.Spartan070

C'mon.... Microsoft obviously created the console so it could match up with the PS3 in terms of hard drive size and HDMI. We also know it was because the current design has flaws and needed to be dealt with. Please do not deny that the current 360's are flawed. Tons of 360's have already gone down the dumps. It's no secret.