XB1's 15' Slate Is So Stuffed That MS Might Delay Some ips

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-holiday-2015-slate-is-so-stuffed-that-mi/1100-6423337/

Xbox One's Holiday 2015 Slate Is So Stuffed That Microsoft May Need to Delay Something

The lineup of games coming to Xbox One in fall 2015 is so deep that Microsoft may need to shift some titles to 2016 so the games that are released during next year's holiday season have a chance to breathe. That's according to Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, who spoke about the congested release slate recently.

"Looking at production schedules and how things are lining up, next fall is just crazy," Spencer said during the latest Major Nelson Radio podcast (via VideoGamer).

"I mean, this fall from a first-party/third-party standpoint is great. Next fall, I don't... Honestly it's not hype at all, I honestly don't know that we can actually ship all the stuff that thinks it's trying to ship next fall," he added. "It just might be too crowded and we might purposely try to move some things out to spread it. You have to [give them some breathing room], you have to do that."

On top of those games, Spencer teased previously that Microsoft is working on a new IP that will "push the boundaries."

Also during the podcast, Spencer said games can thrive in release windows other than holiday. February/March and May can be successful months, he said, citing examples such as Red Dead Redemption (May 2010) and various God of War games.

"It's nice as an industry that we don't all have to get on top of each [other], just clobber ourselves and compete against one other, because there are enough hours in the year for a gamer to go play great games, but people want to play the things that are current," Spencer said.

"And I think as publishers and first-parties have success at multiple points of the year it's just a good thing for us," he added. "Because having three/four great games ship all in the same week at the end of October, while maybe on some forecast somewhere it feels like that's the right thing to do, just as an industry I think it's much more healthy if we have more beats throughout the year where people can ship great games."

well look at that...another year of steady releases for Xbox owners it seems. this console/company is really trying to deliver in the game department it seems. Phil Spencer has been a Godsend, he really seems to have the goal of making Xbox owners some of the most satisfied gamers on the planet........while Sony and the ps4 owners only have games that were delayed this year to look forward to next year, sucks for them...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Cant agree with him more. Especially the quote about same week at the end of October. Spread it out. And looking forward to any news on the new IPs.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

FIrst things first, how brave you are @tymeservesfatefor sporting a 76er's logo.

Second: Sounds good, I guess.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Because they had nothing for the first 6 months basically but multiplatforms much like this year,when they just got Titanfall from January to what July.?

The PS4 got MLB,TLOU,Infamous,Final Fantasy and Tower Fall all from March to July,the xbox one just Titanfall,5 games vs 1 it wasn't even close and lemming still believe the PS4 had no games..hahaha

Now from August to December they get DC,Samurai Warriors,velocity 2X and soon LBP3 but some how the PS4 has no games...hahaha

Never have i see such an on denial user base,is like they really try to carry the whole PS3 has no games crap into the PS4,when Metacritics and sites actually show like 60 games more on PS4 than on xbox one..

Next year will be very sad for lemming on the first 6 months.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@tormentos: You write a lot, but your entire post has nothing to do with the thread. Its about next year's line up. Not what happened early this year.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I'm going to assume Halo 5 won't be affected.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I am looking forward to the next E3.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@tormentos Wtf are you blabbing on about? lol

Anyways....this is good news. MS is about games games games and it's showing.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Sucks to be a cow these days.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I dont get why people continue to say the PS4 has no games.....

Those discs I buy for my PS4 what are those?

Granted the XB1 did have the better year exclusively but not by much.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

So...how come we don't have a release date of at least 1 of those big amazing games from that stuffed line up of MS's?

Sounds like BS to me. Sony's line up is so stuffed they are releasing 2 big NEW IP's in the same damn month at the beginning of the year. MS talking the talk while Sony walking the walk.

Seriously did everyone miss this:

"shift some titles to 2016 so the games that are released during next year's holiday season"

The words that stick out to me are "holiday season". LMAO Sounds like MS is STILL focused on spamming all their games at the ass end of the year for holiday sales revenue.

I am glad that Sony has enough games being made that they don't need to "save" games from one year's line up just to wait to put them at the ass end of the next next years line up.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Microsoft doesn't know what more bs to invent and lems just love that fake pr bs.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Are they aware that there are more than 3 months in a year?

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

Ps4 has no good games,it has a crap library is what people are getting at Cows...such a boring console.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Delaybox One.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Are they aware that there are more than 3 months in a year?

Sad but no, but it's ok since lemmings don't seem to realize this either.

I will enjoy trying out new IP's at the very beginning of next year, plus all the best versions of multiplats available on console while getting a continuous stream of quality exclusive games throughout the year.

lol @ lems and their 3 month "holiday season" victory dance. Seems nothing has changed in MS land.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

So...how come we don't have a release date of at least 1 of those big amazing games from that stuffed line up of MS's?

Sounds like BS to me. Sony's line up is so stuffed they are releasing 2 big NEW IP's in the same damn month at the beginning of the year. MS talking the talk while Sony walking the walk.

Seriously did everyone miss this:

"shift some titles to 2016 so the games that are released during next year's holiday season"

The words that stick out to me are "holiday season". LMAO Sounds like MS is STILL focused on spamming all their games at the ass end of the year for holiday sales revenue.

I am glad that Sony has enough games being made that they don't need to "save" games from one year's line up just to wait to put them at the ass end of the next next years line up.

Do we need a release date this far in advance? no we do not.

And the only reason TheCorridor1886 is releasing in February is because it was delayed. Can't wait for that one to flop, will be a fun couple of days in SW.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

According to cows, 2015 was supposed to be theirs. (Going off of myth and legend).

Phil Spencer has already gone on record that he is working on Holiday of next year.

Cows will have a shitty 2015 for games confirmed.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tymeservesfate

@R3FURBISHED said:

FIrst things first, how brave you are @tymeservesfatefor sporting a 76er's logo.

Second: Sounds good, I guess.

LOL...i understand where ur coming from with ur first point but...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

....i'm not worried about them. these guys and an early pick in next years draft...future looks bright ;]

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I wish the industry as a whole would spread out its games more instead of releasing most AAA titles in the Fall.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Really?

The XBone is just overflowing with games in 2015?

Like what? The umpteenth installments of Halo and Gears?

Lems cling to Halo, Gears and Forza like shit to velcro.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tormentos

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@tormentos: You write a lot, but your entire post has nothing to do with the thread. Its about next year's line up. Not what happened early this year.

Because they had nothing for the first 6 months basically but multiplatforms much like this year,when they just got Titanfall from January to what July.?

First line of my post.

@chikenfriedrice said:

@tormentos Wtf are you blabbing on about? lol

Anyways....this is good news. MS is about games games games and it's showing.

That the xbox one has no games basically for the first half on 2015.. Please post a list if you have one..lol

@FastRobby said:

Are you shitting me? You include shitty multi-platform PS games but the only game you can come up with is Titanfall for Xbox. As if they haven't released any other games in all those months. So fucking ridiculous, and biased, everyone sees through Trollmentos. Here is your list, idiot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-2014-games-release-list/1100-6418756/

Since you want to play by that shit lets play..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-2014-games-release-list/1100-6418569/

The xbox one on your list has 5 games since January 1 to September 23,just 5 freaking games not on PS4 the rest are also on PS4.

The PS4 has 22 fu**ing games on bold from January 1 to September 23...

That mean the PS4 gave the xbox one an incredible ass whoop of 4+ games to 1 the xbox one was getting,the PS4 got 4+ games dude for every single game on XBO but not on PS4..

Dude 22 freaking games vs 5 is a disaster...

Thanks dude that list just help me prove why the ps4 was spanking the xbox one sales wise,more games are more games period 22 vs 5 in the same time frame is not even close.

Hell in total until November 18 the xbox one has 11 games not on PS4,still that is half the games the PS4 has get up until september 23,if i go to the same date to the xbo is the quantity rise to 25 games for the PS4 and taht doesn't include Velocity 2X which is listed as TBA..

Now lets hear your excuse and downplay but but but Indies,save it indies are also counted on those 5,and even Kinect shovel ware a game is a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@tormentos said:

Thanks dude that list just help me prove why the xbox one was spanking the xbox one sales wise

You should probably go to the hospital. You are making less sense than you normally do and may be having a stroke.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

Really?

The XBone is just overflowing with games in 2015?

Like what? The umpteenth installments of Halo and Gears?

Lems cling to Halo, Gears and Forza like shit to velcro.

Yeah, there's Halo, but also Quantum Break, Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, and a few others.

Also, I'm not sure if shit clings to velcro.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Nope, we aren't playing that game. Quickly jump on other stuff that have nothing to do with your previous post. You said Xbox One barely any games except for Titanfall, I give you a list of games. I never said PS4 didn't have a list of games, you said Xbox One didn't have any. You are proven wrong, and trying to say that I said PS4 didn't have any games is childish and has nothing to do with this. You've been owned again, try lying better next time, kiddo

No i didn't jump shit my post is there i claimed the xbox one has more games on late 2015 because it basically has non on the first half of 2015 just like this year the PS4 has 20 from January to july not on xbox one,the XBO has 5 by your list is not even close.

So my argument still stand the xbox one had pretty much nothing backed up by this own site,from those games the majority were on PS4 and in superior form to..lol only 5 games vs 20 says it all...

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tymeservesfate

@ten_pints said:

Delaybox One.

Delaystation 4 suckers....Indies/Multiplats Await.

but yea, cows are going crazy in here with Halo-Gears-Forza nonsense again lol. which are all good games by the way. but MS seems to have more being developed as we speak. they just havent been announced yet.

besides, the article said delayed, NOT Phil. Phil Spencer said "move things out, to spread it". which could mean move them back, OR forward. he also said directly that:

"And I think as publishers and first-parties have success at multiple points of the year"

-

"just as an industry I think it's much more healthy if we have more beats THROUGHOUT the year where people can ship great games."

so i don't see the gripe...he never said he was going to delay games only. in fact he talked more about releasing them during the year instead of trying to force them into holiday releases. so i have no idea where cows are getting that they're trying to force all the games into fall, or delay them. he said exactly the opposite. the article said delay, not Phil Spencer.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-holiday-2015-slate-is-so-stuffed-that-mi/1100-6423337/

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Assuming next fall is Halo and Uncharted, it would be stupid for either to launch any other shooter games. Whether that's Gears or a new IP doesn't really matter.

There is always room for RPG, adventure, or platformer type game though. Those genres don't have to worry quite as much about going "head to head" vs. Halo or Call of Duty.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

@tormentos: there are so many things wrong in your logic it hurts. Did you just list, towerfall (ouya), the show (vita), tlou (ps3)... Where exactly are these games that sell ps4s?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEroica  Moderator

@Animal-Mother: I wouldn't say it has no games, but it doesn't have a single must have game unique to the console by any stretch. Same goes with xone.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@tormentos: there are so many things wrong in your logic it hurts. Did you just list, towerfall (ouya), the show (vita), tlou (ps3)... Where exactly are these games that sell ps4s?

lolouya. Towerfall is also on steam.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@TheEroica: Hey if it plays multiplats better than the competition like the 360 did that's enough for me. I don't know why we all sit here with our panties in a bunch, the killer apps will be coming./

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

28 Exclusives and New IP's coming for the XBox One in 2015. Stay thirsty my friends.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I don't find this very credible.
It's a nice sales pitch before xmas.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@tormentos said:

The PS4 got MLB,TLOU,Infamous,Final Fantasy and Tower Fall all from March to July,the xbox one just Titanfall,5 games vs 1 it wasn't even close and lemming still believe the PS4 had no games..hahaha

Now from August to December they get DC,Samurai Warriors,velocity 2X and soon LBP3 but some how the PS4 has no games...hahaha

Never have i see such an on denial user base,is like they really try to carry the whole PS3 has no games crap into the PS4,when Metacritics and sites actually show like 60 games more on PS4 than on xbox one..

Next year will be very sad for lemming on the first 6 months.

bro, please. ps4 has no good games. MLB is fine and all IF you're a baseball fan. And that game has such horrible online lag that I stopped buying it on ps3. a shitty final fantasy spinoff? lol.

Titanfall, a solid 8-9 rated game shits on the entire ps4 catalogue. Sunset overdrive, destroys anything on ps4. halo MCC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TLOU

Quantum Break will be the envy of all ps4 owners. Even dead rising 3 as mediocre as it may be shits on anything on ps4.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

In Phil I trust baby.......................... Can't wait to play the new Crackdown.

Halo 5 next year.

Ori and the blind forest.

Quantum Break another new IP that will be a hit like SO.

Thanks MSoft for being the Gen 8 leader in actually gaming!

You go boy.......................

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheEroica  Moderator

@Desmonic: I just mean an actually game that it can lean on as a poster child for its gen 8 identity... You know! A killer exclusive.

In terms of actual sales though, yeah it's selling like mama's hotcakes.

I still say 80 million wins are working as average door stops at the moment, while the hottest selling game of the year (cod most likely) just dropped on ps3 and 360... The wii is an anomaly?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I'll wait and see, before I believe it, but if true then that's pretty damn sweet.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

So what he is saying is that many games aren't going to meet their release date so they are going to use the excuse that there are too many games and some of them will have to be moved to accommodate others.

What a crock of shit. No doubt dumb lems will eat this news up, now that they have a legitimate excuse for game delays.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Sucks to be a lem this generation, that 900p/30fps and no games^^

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#47  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Sucks to be a lem this generation, that 900p/30fps and no games^^

That's strange, lemmings seem to have lots of games to play. And isn't Forza 5 the only 1080p/60fps game on either console?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Besides Halo 5, which we've known for quite some time now, what exactly is "filling their slate"?

multiplats.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Xbox One; the best place to play

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

who said anything about delay's ? where the **** did gamespot get this from ?