Witcher 3 on Consoles Will be 30fps Max, Probably Sub 1080p

#1 Edited by melonfarmerz (1132 posts) -

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/08/20/the-witcher-3-probably-not-1080p-on-consoles?PageSpeed=noscript

According to this interview, 30fps is what they're IDEALLY pushing for, meaning it might not even be a steady 30fps. Regarding resolution, CDPR says that the possibility of 1080p is a "probably not".

From the interview with CD Projekt Red's Jose Teixeira

Ideally, we’re pushing for 30 frames per second. The resolution, honestly, it depends; we’re working on it, we’re trying to get it as high as possible. If we can make it at 1080P, sure, but I don’t know if it’s going to make it. To be honest, I really don’t know. Probably not. But for sure, we need it to run at a smooth frame rate, so at least 30 FPS.Read more at http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/08/20/the-witcher-3-probably-not-1080p-on-consoles#vFVm6ITmAtRfz2dE.99

#2 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

A game like The Witcher 3 I would be fine with 30FPS. Doesn't really matter to me though because I will be getting it for PC just like the first two.

#3 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

As long as it's a steady 30FPS that's fine.

#4 Posted by NFJSupreme (5191 posts) -

No surprise here. Have you seen the game? It looks that good and it's open world. Good luck getting that at 60fps on these consoles.

#5 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9991 posts) -

This type of game is best played on the PC

#6 Posted by clyde46 (45374 posts) -

4 years is all I give this gen.

#7 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8402 posts) -

Bu bu bu bu teh Quad :'(

#8 Edited by StormyJoe (4960 posts) -

Not surprised. High end PCs are quite a bit more powerful than the "next gen" consoles.

#9 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4515 posts) -

i want 100+ more than that

#10 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

#11 Edited by cainetao11 (17007 posts) -

Well I have the first two on steam and gog, so PC is where I'm getting it.

#12 Posted by topgunmv (10193 posts) -
#13 Edited by PAL360 (26750 posts) -

This is of the few games i would get anyway, but i would be very disappointed! 1080p at stable 30fps is the mininum acceptable this gen.

#14 Posted by PapaTrop (582 posts) -

Gross

#15 Posted by clyde46 (45374 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

This is of the few games i would get anyway, but i would be very disappointed! 1080p at stable 30fps is the mininum acceptable this gen.

It just anit going to happen.

#16 Posted by NFJSupreme (5191 posts) -

No surprise here. Have you seen the game? It looks that good and it's open world. Good luck getting that at 60fps on these consoles.

#17 Posted by faizan_faizan (7855 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Less than that.

#18 Posted by PapaTrop (582 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

1080p at stable 30fps is the mininum acceptable this gen.

On consoles? No.

#19 Edited by TheGreatGeneral (81 posts) -
@Salt_The_Fries said:

Bu bu bu bu teh Quad :'(

Your crying will not change the fact that the PS4 is a much more powerful console than the xbone

@clyde46 said:

@PAL360 said:

It just anit going to happen.

Why not? the PS4 should be able to archieve 1080p if the xbone is curently at 900p, of course assuming if the versions have parity in frame rate and effects.

#20 Posted by topgunmv (10193 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Less than that.

Isn't the ps4 the fastest selling console of all time?

Wouldn't that indicate that the exact opposite of a short gen is going to happen?

#21 Edited by clyde46 (45374 posts) -
@topgunmv said:

@faizan_faizan said:

@clyde46 said:

Less than that.

Wouldn't that indicate that the exact opposite of a short gen is going to happen?

Depends. If the consumer is demand 1080p 60FPS and the current gen can't provide then we will see a new line of consoles in the near future.

#22 Posted by Ballroompirate (22583 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Not gonna happen

#23 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

I got

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition PS4

Awww yeahhh

#24 Posted by melonfarmerz (1132 posts) -

Why not? the PS4 should be able to archieve 1080p if the xbone is curently at 900p, of course assuming if the versions have parity in frame rate and effects.

Don't think the PS4 will be 1080p. Dev said "probably not" and devs are usually overly optimistic.

#25 Posted by Phazevariance (10937 posts) -

More than that actually, we're almost 1 year in already. Games start arriving in 2015 finally so I'd give it 5-6 minimum, but they will struggle graphically after just 2.

#26 Posted by farrell2k (5824 posts) -

Playing multiplats on consoles is like taking a bath in dirty water. Why would anyone do it? It makes absolutely no sense...

#27 Posted by heretrix (37324 posts) -

Lol.

Great franchise though. At that resolution, it should be perfectly fine to play and it SHOULD be played.

#28 Posted by TheGreatGeneral (81 posts) -

@thegreatgeneral said:

Don't think the PS4 will be 1080p. Dev said "probably not" and devs are usually overly optimistic.

I know that they said that but I dont really understand whats holding the PS4 version back, the GPU alone should be able to push enough pixels to bring it to 1080p. Again assuming the console versions have parity in frame rate and effects.

Maybe the framerate is really bad on the xbone version and not on the PS4 version. Then I would understand that they would keep it at 900p and to stabilize the frame rate at locked 30fps.

#29 Posted by Gue1 (9584 posts) -

the very least I was expecting was 30fps/1080p on PS4. Because as much as 3rd party's try to deny or or avoid the comparison the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbone and that's an undeniable fact. If the Xbone can do 900p/30fps then the PS4 should be able to do more by default.

#30 Posted by intotheminx (597 posts) -

No surprise. TW3 looks like a heavy game and the new consoles don't have the hardware capable.

#31 Edited by topgunmv (10193 posts) -

@clyde46 said:
@topgunmv said:

@faizan_faizan said:

@clyde46 said:

Less than that.

Depends. If the consumer is demand 1080p 60FPS and the current gen can't provide then we will see a new line of consoles in the near future.

There will never be a console with 60fps as a standard.

1080p on the other hand should be at this point.

#32 Edited by parkurtommo (26606 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Less than that.

Unlikely, that wouldn't be financially sound.

#33 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

If it's 900p on xbone and not 1080P on ps4 then you know you know MS paid dat money for parity. CDProjekt is A C teir developer and infamous still looks better so it's all good.

#34 Posted by clyde46 (45374 posts) -

If it's 900p on xbone and not 1080P on ps4 then you know you know MS paid dat money for parity. CDProjekt is A C teir developer and infamous still looks better so it's all good.

I really do wonder how people can be this stupid.

#35 Posted by lundy86_4 (43047 posts) -

Steady 30fps and close to 1080p, and i'm good. I'm grabbing it on the PS4, and after playing The Witcher 2 on the 360 (eek), I think i'll survive.

#36 Posted by -Unreal- (24538 posts) -

People like 'Pray_to_me' already crying about poor optimisation.

Even when peasants don't throw the 'optimisation' word, we still know that's what the underlying key word is.

#37 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9991 posts) -

#38 Edited by melonfarmerz (1132 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

If it's 900p on xbone and not 1080P on ps4 then you know you know MS paid dat money for parity.

"CDProjekt is A C teir developer and infamous still looks better so it's all good."

lol if CDPR is a C teir dev, than Sunker Punch shouldn't even be called a dev

#39 Posted by NFJSupreme (5191 posts) -
#40 Posted by 04dcarraher (19317 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

People like 'Pray_to_me' already crying about poor optimisation.

Even when peasants don't throw the 'optimisation' word, we still know that's what the underlying key word is.

lol, they just are in denial how weak their consoles really are in the grand scheme of things. My GTX 760 has nearly 50% more pixel fillrate and has double the texture fillrate of the PS4's gpu.

#41 Edited by faizan_faizan (7855 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

That probably has more to do with the even increased population we have today.

@parkurtommo said:

Unlikely, that wouldn't be financially sound.

Perhaps. I actually meant 3 years and 6 months or less. But we'll see.

#42 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2840 posts) -

I don't know how this is a shock to anyone. Look at the consoles specs and do the math. Anyone who thought they were getting 1080p/60fps is delusional. There were even some Cows here hyping 4K. I gotta get my hands on whatever they are drinking..

#43 Posted by Evo_nine (1677 posts) -

.......so whens this greatness, that i keep hearing about, going to arrive?

#44 Edited by topgunmv (10193 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

That probably has more to do with the even increased population we have today.

Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure how that would negate those sales.

#45 Edited by MiiiiV (366 posts) -

I'm getting it on pc but it's not surprising that they went for more bells and whistles instead of higher resolution on the consoles. 30 fps is acceptable for this kind of game. It's much worse when shooters, platformers and racing games run at 30 fps.

#46 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

That's fine. The game is absolutely massive and has a lot going on, so 1080p and 60 fps is not expected on my end. I'm sure it will look and play great, even if it ends up having a few drops here and there.

#47 Posted by faizan_faizan (7855 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure how that would negate those sales.

I never said that.

#48 Posted by Snugenz (11822 posts) -

How did you manage to fit so much butthurt, damage control and stupidity in one post?, it's astonishing.

#49 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

Disgusting. This is a true next generation title, the first of its kind and the so called next gen consoles aren't even able to handle it... Look at 360 and how well it ran Oblivion (real next gen for 06) and these two can't handle witcher 3. Now its pretty much guaranteed that im getting this on pc and hopefully it doesn't wreck my 570/2500k too much

#50 Edited by SteXmaN (391 posts) -