WIRED: You're stupid if you want Nintendo to go third party

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Before Nintendo would ever put any content onto the App Store, it would first have to be ready to compete in that environment and sell its games on a platform where race-to-the-bottom pricing and aggressive freemium money-making mechanics are the norm.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is an amazing game, but would it be as much fun on a touch screen with virtual buttons? No, it would not. And before you argue, but you can hook up a Bluetooth gamepad to your phone, think about how that changes the situation. If Nintendo is designing mobile games for the tiny number of people who go to the trouble of using an external controller with their mobile device, it’s no longer going after the millions upon millions of casual consumers that presumably are the entire reason it would go mobile in the first place.

Moreover, if you like Nintendo’s games as they are, you should want Nintendo to run its own platform. I wonder if any of the Underpants Gnomes understand why, exactly, Nintendo’s games are so unique. Nintendo has the freedom to create games unlike anything else in the world precisely because it has always controlled the entire gameplay experience from hardware to software.

SOURCE

Chill out guys, Nintendo isn't going anywhere.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Before Nintendo would ever put any content onto the App Store, it would first have to be ready to compete in that environment and sell its games on a platform where race-to-the-bottom pricing and aggressive freemium money-making mechanics are the norm.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is an amazing game, but would it be as much fun on a touch screen with virtual buttons? No, it would not. And before you argue, but you can hook up a Bluetooth gamepad to your phone, think about how that changes the situation. If Nintendo is designing mobile games for the tiny number of people who go to the trouble of using an external controller with their mobile device, it’s no longer going after the millions upon millions of casual consumers that presumably are the entire reason it would go mobile in the first place.

Moreover, if you like Nintendo’s games as they are, you should want Nintendo to run its own platform. I wonder if any of the Underpants Gnomes understand why, exactly, Nintendo’s games are so unique. Nintendo has the freedom to create games unlike anything else in the world precisely because it has always controlled the entire gameplay experience from hardware to software.

SOURCE

Well, then, I am stupid. I would rather Nintendo go 3rd party. They'd make more money, too.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

It never was going anywhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Well, then, I am stupid. I would rather Nintendo go 3rd party. They'd make more money, too.

Lol no, no they wouldn't. They have a MASSIVELY lucrative hardware business, going software only would cut that out entirely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Netret0120 said:

It never was going anywhere.

Now tell that to all the doom mongers on this forum.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I am intelligent.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

Don't they have like 10 billion dollars in the bank? They could lose money for like 25 years and still be fine. Really hoping Nintendo gets their act together when it comes to consoles. Even though I am far more into Sony consoles, I will always have a soft spot for Nintendo.

Curious to see if the WiiU continues to fail for the rest of the generation, will Nintendo try to compete with specs again like in the pre-Wii days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Kingpin0114 said:

Don't they have like 10 billion dollars in the bank? They could lose money for like 25 years and still be fine. Really hoping Nintendo gets their act together when it comes to consoles. Even though I am far more into Sony consoles, I will always have a soft spot for Nintendo.

Curious to see if the WiiU continues to fail for the rest of the generation, will Nintendo try to compete with specs again like in the pre-Wii days.

I mean, they have to change direction after Wii U, whether they decide to go the power route or the microconsole route, or something else entirely, but it won't be the Wii/U strategy, that's for sure.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

The article is about mobile, not third party console/PC. You stupid OP?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StormyJoe

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Lol no, no they wouldn't. They have a MASSIVELY lucrative hardware business, going software only would cut that out entirely.

Yes they would. Losses in hardware sales would be offset by their software being available on the Playstation, Xbox, and PC platforms.

Over the past 4 generations, only the Wii was successful - and it was a failure as far as attachment rates go. They would be better off if the latest Zelda, Mario, and Pikmin games sold like CoD does - which would be the case if they were on the Playstation, Xbox, and PC platforms.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

What with only the 3DS because last time I checked the Wii-U got destroyed.
Why don't you take off the goggles for once and take a look at the grave situation at hand.
It may not be bad now, but ninty is certainly on a downward trajectory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Why don't you take off the goggles for once and take a look at the grave situation at hand.

I am taking off my goggles. Even if the Wii U is making losses, and I know it is, when the hell did I say it isn't, it's still one console.NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii were all profitable.Gamecube alone made Nintendo more money than PS and PS2 combined did for Sony.

Why the **** would one bad console cause Nintendo to drop hardware? They would change their approachto hardware, they would change their strategy(meaning I foresee them ditching the gimmick console route), but they won't ditch consoles period, that makes no rational sense whatsoever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Yes they would. Losses in hardware sales would be offset by their software being available on the Playstation, Xbox, and PC platforms.

Over the past 4 generations, only the Wii was successful - and it was a failure as far as attachment rates go. They would be better off if the latest Zelda, Mario, and Pikmin games sold like CoD does - which would be the case if they were on the Playstation, Xbox, and PC platforms.

a) Wii had an attach rate of 10.That was more than the PS3, by the way.

b) Third party software would not even come close to offsetting the loss of revenue from no more hardware, especially given the insane markup Nintendo hardware is sold at, coupled with the fact that Nintendo would have to pay a license fee with every single game sold, and finally the fact that they would lose out on third party royalties entirely.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StormyJoe

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

I am taking off my goggles. Even if the Wii U is making losses, and I know it is, when the hell did I say it isn't, it's still one console.NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii were all profitable.Gamecube alone made Nintendo more money than PS and PS2 combined did for Sony.

Why the **** would one bad console cause Nintendo to drop hardware? They would change their approachto hardware, they would change their strategy(meaning I foresee them ditching the gimmick console route), but they won't ditch consoles period, that makes no rational sense whatsoever.

Not sure who told you that about the GameCube and N64, but it is simply not true.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#15 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

It certainly does seem like making the move from a hardware company to a software company would be a challenge for an outfit like Nintendo. How they rescue their livingroom presence I do not know.

It amazes me how poorly prepared some things are, or at least that's how I perceive it. The Wii U and Vita both suffer the bane of poor software support.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

This article is stupid. When I said 3rd party I was strictly referring to their console level games, on other consoles.

not putting their games on friggin mobile phones.

The entire Wii-U lineup is a waste... and a shame.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Co-signing the article. I hope Nintendo sticks around. I just hope they've learned something from all of this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Not sure who told you that about the GameCube and N64, but it is simply not true.

Yes, yes it is. Go check their financial statements.

Nintendo has never made a loss on any console or any hardware. The first time it did that was with the 3DS starting July 2011 (when it cut the price) to August 2012 (when the 3DS XL was released), and now the Wii U, which has never been profitable for them.

Just because you perceived them to be failures does not mean that they didn't make Nintendo an insane amount of money. Prior to the Wii U's introduction, Nintendo had never reported less than ¥100 billion profits for a year, ever.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

It's certainly not obvious with all the pro nintendo threads by a Charizard on the front page right now.......

It would also cause them to drop hardware because it creates a cycle chaz. The lack of third party support and constantly renewing IPs won't keep them around for ever.
Also you know it's true you know why? Because look how visibly upset you are at everything people are saying. People make logical comments about nintys situation and you respond
incredibly butthurt within seconds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

It's certainly not obvious with all the pro nintendo threads by a Charizard on the front page right now.......

It would also cause them to drop hardware because it creates a cycle chaz. The lack of third party support and constantly renewing IPs won't keep them around for ever.

Also you know it's true you know why? Because look how visibly upset you are at everything people are saying. People make logical comments about nintys situation and you respond

Ah, so reporting anti Nintendo news is fine. Posting pro Nintendo news, one backed by substantative facts no less, makes me in denial.

Trying to actually respond to people and correct them with facts (please tell me where someone said something 'logical' and I was 'upset') makes me butthurt.

Gotcha.

Nintendo's business model has not failed them yet. The Wii U is their first console ever to fail. I agreed with you on that. You know what they will do, Animal? They will make their next console different. Like they did with the Wii when the gamecube didn't do as well as they wanted it to. Like Apple did when its hardware lineup failed in the 90s, remember that?

One failed endeavor, and they exit the market. You're better than that, you know better than that.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Well unfortunately, that's probably the only way I'd get to play their games after the WiiU,

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I wouldn't really mind if Nintendo went third party ON CONSOLES. Their handhelds are still the best around and fill a gap in the market, but their consoles just don't really do anything for me anymore.I think the WiiU has some great games but I would have just as much fun playing them on my PC or any other console, the hardware just isn't that exciting and I can't see that changing, although I'd be happy if they surprised me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@bobbetybob said:

I wouldn't really mind if Nintendo went third party ON CONSOLES. Their handhelds are still the best around and fill a gap in the market, but their consoles just don't really do anything for me anymore.I think the WiiU has some great games but I would have just as much fun playing them on my PC or any other console, the hardware just isn't that exciting and I can't see that changing, although I'd be happy if they surprised me.

Well, if they don't change their hardware strategy after the failure of the Wii U, then they won't survive. It's simple.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

This article is stupid. When I said 3rd party I was strictly referring to their console level games, on other consoles.

not putting their games on friggin mobile phones.

The entire Wii-U lineup is a waste... and a shame.

Mobile or not. They'd have similar consequences.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I dont understand why everyone is so focused on Nintendo on smartphones, they would make alot more money on Playstation and Xbox than they would on smartphones.

"Just put all your super nintendo games on smart phones" They cant even put all their super nintendo games on Wii U/3DS and they actually have all the buttons/hardware thats needed!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Ah, so reporting anti Nintendo news is fine. Posting pro Nintendo news, one backed by substantative facts no less, makes me in denial.

Trying to actually respond to people and correct them with facts (please tell me where someone said something 'logical' and I was 'upset') makes me butthurt.

Gotcha.

Nintendo's business model has not failed them yet. The Wii U is their first console ever to fail. I agreed with you on that. You know what they will do, Animal? They will make their next console different. Like they did with the Wii when the gamecube didn't do as well as they wanted it to. Like Apple did when its hardware lineup failed in the 90s, remember that?

One failed endeavor, and they exit the market. You're better than that, you know better than that.

Who said anything about it was fine?
Also lol it's not their first console to fail. IE Gamecube. PS2 outsold them by more than 100 mill char. Common now.
Also it's getting old, people are starting on to nintys tricks. Also they cut their financial forecast by 70% char. 70 Char. That's not good.
Also don't tell me whether I should know better or not. If anyones unbiased in a conversation with nintendo we know who it is.....

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#28 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I like Ninty as first party.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Gotcha.

Also lol it's not their first console to fail. IE Gamecube. PS2 outsold them by more than 100 mill char. Common now.

Also it's getting old, people are starting on to nintys tricks. Also they cut their financial forecast by 70% char.

70 Char.

That's not good.

Also don't tell me whether I should know better or not. If anyones unbiased in a conversation with nintendo we know who it is.....

I don't think you understand this, let me repeat it for you: Gamecube made Nintendo a shit ton of money. Nintendo earned more money in the Gamecube era than Sony did with PS1 and PS2 put together.

It was a success on the revenue front, and it failed to capture marketshare. You know what Nintendo did then, Animal? They changed their hardware strategy, instead of dropping out of hardware altogether.

I already admitted the Wii U is a failure. Why the hell are you preaching to the choir? You know what they will do now that the Wii U is a failure, a total failure? Change hardware strategies again.

Well, at least I have the ability to admit when they are wrong and when they are right. You, you seem to follow any thread where any semblance of good news is posted about them, and seem to be intent on going all doom and gloom on them without reason. Now, can we actually have a conversation without you being intent on fucking resorting to name calling me for no reason in every post? If you cannot keep it civil, then don't bother.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Gotcha.

Also it's getting old, people are starting on to nintys tricks. Also they cut their financial forecast by 70% char.

70 Char.

That's not good.

I don't think you understand this, let me repeat it for you: Gamecube made Nintendo a shit ton of money. Nintendo earned more money in the Gamecube era than Sony did with PS1 and PS2 put together.

It was a success on the revenue front, and it failed to capture marketshare. You know what Nintendo did then, Animal? They changed their hardware strategy, instead of dropping out of hardware altogether.

I already admitted the Wii U is a failure. Why the hell are you preaching to the choir? You know what they will do now that the Wii U is a failure, a total failure? Change hardware strategies again.

Well, at least I have the ability to admit when they are wrong and when they are right. You, you seem to follow any thread where any semblance of good news is posted about them, and seem to be intent on going all doom and gloom on them without reason. Now, can we actually have a conversation without you being intent on fucking resorting to name calling me for no reason in every post? If you cannot keep it civil, then don't bother.

Char you look to the past but fail to realize the feature. Most hardware companies take two step forward in new generations. Nintendo takes one and then two back.

Also don't assume you know how I think It's stupid, immature and makesyou look like a fool. You wanna point fingers, I can do it too sheep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@speak_low said:

Nintendo did not profit from the Gamecube. Those financial statements of profit are with the GBA combined.

They lost money from the Gamecube, but made out okay because of the addition of GBA success wrapped up in those financial reports, which placed them in the positive.

And today, people are using this false knowledge and saying the Wii U only has to sell Gamecube numbers and then it will be profitable too. Horrible logic - all based on the incorrect GCN numbers to begin with.

GBA + Gamecube = profitable for Nintendo, because of GBA (which far outpaces 3DS software/hardware)

3DS + Wii U = Operating Loss for Nintendo, third year in a row.

See the difference, and why aren't they making a profit today if 3DS is doing gangbusters, and the Wii U is "close" to the profitable Gamecube?

Because the Sheep fudge and exaggerate numbers, and that's why the end results are

polar opposites

. Nintendo is losing money (no profit coming in at all) because both the 3DS and Wii U are far more expensive, they are selling far less software than the old days, and the Gamecube metric that Sheep use isn't even correct.

Time to make some amendments to those outdated Sheep beliefs regarding the Gamecube. How much longer are these perpetuated falsehoods from that purple box going to corrupt discussions? Fix that first before we discuss anything else.

In fact, the Gamecube was not only unprofitable, but the Wii was a response to that failure and lack of profitability.

Notice how I specifically word it as 'Gamecube era' in my last post.

Also note what I say next: 'Gamecube's failure caused them to change strategies with the Wii.'

So of course, Wii U's failure will cause them to change strategies with its successor as well. Expecting anything else is foolish beyond belief.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Nope, almost killed the company

Spread lies elsewhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Jaysonguy said:

@charizard1605 said:

Spread lies elsewhere

Your turn

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Gotcha.

70 Char.

That's not good.

Char you look to the past but fail to realize the feature. Most hardware companies take two step forward in new generations. Nintendo takes on and then two back.

Also don't assume what you think that I think. It's stupid, immature and make you look like a fool. You wanna point fingers, I can do it too sheep.

Nice changing of the subject there.

The fact is clear, Nintendo have been fine with home consoles up until this point, sure they need to change their approach to consoles, but you're acting as though Nintendo is doomed. It really isn't.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@charizard1605 said:

Spread lies elsewhere

Your turn

Char, in my experience with arguing with Jayson years ago, he's not worth it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Gotcha.

70 Char.

That's not good.

Char you look to the past but fail to realize the feature. Most hardware companies take two step forward in new generations. Nintendo takes one and then two back.

Also don't assume you know how I think It's stupid, immature and makesyou look like a fool. You wanna point fingers, I can do it too sheep.

What fingers will you point? I always keep it civil with you, as a matter of fact I exhibit extraordinary patience with you, you're the one who starts with the name calling (with your very first post this time, by the way), and this is, in fact, the first time I have 'pointed fingers.'

And yes, I agree. Nintendo did this with Wii, but Wii was successful. They did this with Wii U, and Wii U is an abysmal failure. Guess what happens after a failure? You change your strategy, especially since Nintendo has more than enough money to fund another couple of consoles.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The only thing I want coming from the WiiU is X, being able to play that elsewhere would be great.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Animal-Mother

@_Matt_ said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Gotcha.

70 Char.

That's not good.

Char you look to the past but fail to realize the feature. Most hardware companies take two step forward in new generations. Nintendo takes on and then two back.

Also don't assume what you think that I think. It's stupid, immature and make you look like a fool. You wanna point fingers, I can do it too sheep.

The fact is clear, Nintendo have been fine with home consoles up until this point, sure they need to change their approach to consoles, but you're acting as though Nintendo is doomed. It really isn't.

I'm not saying the company is doomed. What i'm ultimately saying is if they don't clean up their act this is the beginning. I know better that most companies don't go anywhere in a day BUT the fact of the matter is nintendo rarely comes out with new IPs, have terrible third party support, have failed to change with the times and online infrastructure and so on.

It's not going anywhere today or in the next couple of years. But if they continue down this path of bullheaded decisions the decline will begin.
It's the fact of the matter. Wired says nintendo isn't going anywhere. But they'll definitely be big decisions in the next couple of years.
Because nintendo won't be able to keep up with the way the world is changing. Handheld attach rates will start to drop as cell phones
become more complex and tablets begin to offer more. It's not looking at what nintendo has done, it's the way their moving with technology.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Gotcha.

70 Char.

That's not good.

I'm not saying the company is doomed. What i'm ultimately saying is if they don't clean up their act this is the beginning. I know better that most companies don't go anywhere in a day BUT the fact of the matter is nintendo rarely comes out with new IPs, have terrible third party support, have failed to change with the times and online infrastructure and so on.

It's not going anywhere today or in the next couple of years. But if they continue down this path of bullheaded decisions the decline will begin.

It's the fact of the matter. Wired says nintendo isn't going anywhere. But they'll definitely be big decisions in the next couple of years.

Because nintendo won't be able to keep up with the way the world is changing. Handheld attach rates will start to drop as cell phones

become more complex and tablets begin to offer more. It's not looking at what nintendo has done, it's the way their moving with technology.

So given that this is, in fact, what you are trying to say, why the hell were you so bent on arguing with me needlessly when this is clearly and explicitly what I said as well?

I said 'Nintendo will change their hardware strategy.' I said 'they won't exit the hardware market, that's stupid.' I also said 'if they don't change their hardware strategy, they will die out.'

So why exactly were you so hell bent on arguing with me? Sheer force of habit?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@charizard1605 said:

Spread lies elsewhere

Your turn

Char, in my experience with arguing with Jayson years ago, he's not worth it.

Oh, I am just laying the facts out now. I want to try and see someone claim Nintendo should fucking go third party after profits like that because of one failed console (and it might not even be failed all said and done, it's still only a year old, but let's assume it is for the sake of this discussion). I want to see who is dumb enough to suggest it would actually be good for Nintendo as a company.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@charizard1605 said:

SOURCE

Gotcha.

70 Char.

That's not good.

So given that this is, in fact, what you are trying to say, why the hell were you so bent on arguing with me needlessly when this is clearly and explicitly what I said as well?

I said 'Nintendo will change their hardware strategy.' I said 'they won't exit the hardware market, that's stupid.' I also said 'if they don't change their hardware strategy, they will die out.'

So why exactly were you so hell bent on arguing with me? Sheer force of habit?

We are obviously bad at interpreting each others statements.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#43 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@_Matt_: Your right, Nintendo can withstand the Wii U for at least a couple of years. That doesn't mean all's well, however. It gives Nintendo a chance to reevaluate their policies and their course of action. Should they take the concept of convergence further with the 3DS successor? Or should they look into expanding their portfolio?

I think the 3DS is in due course for a decline from now until the next console released. Something big is going to happen in 2015, and we might not even see a Zelda game on the Wii U.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@hiphops_savior said:

@_Matt_: Your right, Nintendo can withstand the Wii U for at least a couple of years. That doesn't mean all's well, however. It gives Nintendo a chance to reevaluate their policies and their course of action. Should they take the concept of convergence further with the 3DS successor? Or should they look into expanding their portfolio?

I think the 3DS is in due course for a decline from now until the next console released. Something big is going to happen in 2015, and we might not even see a Zelda game on the Wii U.

Basically, what Matt is saying, I think, and what I am saying, and what everyone seems to agree on, pretty much: Nintendo needs to change its hardware strategy with the Wii U successor. They can't go the underpowered gimmick console route again, that shit won't fly again, if they try to pull that, they will and deserve to fail.

I honestly think the next step is a Nintendo Hybrid, but who knows with this company? I'd hope they decide to give us a clear generational leap with their next console.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@hiphops_savior said:

Of course, a change is due; but I think if anything, it makes me excited to see what Nintendo will do now. They're under pressure to improve, and they can't just sit back, we could see a return of Nintendo in a big way in a few years, or just an interesting new direction, who knows?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

The only thing I want coming from the WiiU is X, being able to play that elsewhere would be great.

Borrow a Wii U :P

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Borrow a Wii U :P

I don't know anyone with one, well. I guess I could always rent one I suppose.

FerdMertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FerdMertz
Member since 2006 • 1034 Posts

I don't care about old Mario on smartphones, I want NEW Mario on Xbox/PS4.

Nintendo doesn't need to be the creator of the console to make a good game.

I'm sick and tired of buying a "Mario Machine". Nintendo either needs to get on the same page as MS and Sony in terms of graphical capabilities, online and third party support or give it up.

That article was trash.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#49 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Well I do want to play a more mature Zelda game.....