Will you buy Xbox 2 if there wont be any exclusives for it ?

• 97 results
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By AzatiS

Poll Will you buy Xbox 2 if there wont be any exclusives for it ? (99 votes)

No, having a PC so ill be playing MS games there and buy a PS5/Switch instead. Win-win scenario 47%
No, having PC or not im not into MS games. 18%
Yes, im not a PC owner and i like MS games. Xbox 2 for life. 11%
Yes, having a PC but not for gaming and i like MS games. Xbox 2 is for me. 23%

Personally i couldnt care less if MS games are on PC or not ... im not interested anymore that much either way. Rarely playing something coming from them and if ever something comes ill play it on PC so xbox 2 is a nono for me.

What do you guys think ? Do you own a PC ? Does lack of exclusives matter to you ? Will you buy an Xbox 2 assuming all of its "exclusives" will be on PC day 1 ? Vote !!

• 
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Yup. I don't give a rats ass about upgrading my PC in order to play next gen games. I tried the PC thing and I wasn't bitten by the bug my friend swore would get me. I don't want to tinker with it, upgrade it, or search for a fix when a game doesn't start. I don't care how easy people say it is. I don't want to do it. I'll take my Xbox, thank you.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#52 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It would be great for new gamers. I do have a gaming PC and I have no problem playing on my PC so it wouldn't be for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@davillain- said:

I have a high-end PC with Windows 10. So the answer is no obviously!

Voted: No, having a PC so I'll be playing MS games there and buy a PS5/Switch instead. Win-win scenario.

Ditto. :)

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Nah!!! What for exactly???

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56308 Posts

@jumpaction said:
@davillain- said:

I have a high-end PC with Windows 10. So the answer is no obviously!

Voted: No, having a PC so I'll be playing MS games there and buy a PS5/Switch instead. Win-win scenario.

Ditto. :)

Not that I have nothing against the Xbox One, it just makes it easier for me to play there games on my PC and I do wish MS good luck on the Xbox One at the very least.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@joshrmeyer said:

I'm really due for a new PC, so I'd probably go that route rather than have 2 boxes that do the same thing. I like the convenience of a console, but I can't justify owning two of them plus online charges for nearly the same game library. PlayStation pretty much makes me buy it with their exclusives. So I choose that box for my primary gaming needs.

This is good point there for your case. Never thought of that.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AzatiS
@blueinheaven said:

Nobody who has a PC needs an Xbox One. Outside of that you should be asking this question closer to the launch of the Xbox 2 when it will be clear how they stand with exclusives and system sellers.

I personally don't believe they can afford another absolute catastrophe of a generation and honestly believe they need to fire Spencer immediately before he has any input whatsoever on their next gen plansbut MS being MS they are always capable of completely fucking up even the surest of sure things so let's wait and see.

Why you think Spencer wont do a fine job with next Xbox ? You think he is one of the main reasons X1 failed this generation ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AzatiS
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol... now that MS is investing heavily in 1st party content, looks like the cow narrative is switching back to "but Xbox will have no exclusives because every gamer has a PC".

So ridiculous. Once all their studios start pumping out content, plus all the great services MS has introduced, they'll sell a bunch of consoles.

@kuu2 said:

Xbox hater poll confirmed.

Sorry you didnt like my poll but you have to know this is a legit poll. There are no shady narratives, trolling, dissing in the shadows let alone hate. Feel free to vote what you like i think all four options are legit and give your opinions.

Also for the record @hrt_rulz01 you said me just yesterday :

Exclusives are important, but I don't think you can say they're more important than multiplats. For the "average" console buyer out there, mutliplats would be as important (if not more important).

As for your second point, that would make no difference. As I've said a billion times on here, people put way too much emphasis on MS putting their games on PC too. For 99% of people who buy consoles, they couldn't care less about gaming on PC. So it makes absolutely no difference if MS puts the games on PC too. It's a moot point.

So please man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

No. I don't even want to buy any on the next gen consoles. After I am done with the PS exclusives I will be done with gaming and focus on other hobbies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@davillain-: Same, I mean it's handy my brother likes Xbox One and I can play with him on PC anyway so it makes no difference. I only bought an Xbox One to play games with him but now that I don't have to, I'll just use PC in future.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50632 Posts

No, as long as their games are on PC, I have no need for a xbox console.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AzatiS
@Gamerno6666 said:

No. I don't even want to buy any on the next gen consoles. After I am done with the PS exclusives I will be done with gaming and focus on other hobbies.

Wow man, let me tell you a secret !! There wont be other hobbies for you since PS exclusives never end.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22401 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol... now that MS is investing heavily in 1st party content, looks like the cow narrative is switching back to "but Xbox will have no exclusives because every gamer has a PC".

So ridiculous. Once all their studios start pumping out content, plus all the great services MS has introduced, they'll sell a bunch of consoles.

@kuu2 said:

Sorry you didnt like my poll but you have to know this is a legit poll. There are no shady narratives, trolling, dissing in the shadows let alone hate. Feel free to vote what you like i think all four options are legit and give your opinions.

We know what you're insinuating... you made your point clear in the other thread. Anyway, like I've said ad nauseam, the vast majority of people who buy an Xbox console (or a PS) are console gamers that have no interest in gaming on a PC. So the fact that MS's first party content is also releasing on Win10 is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, yes, I'll definitely be picking up the next Xbox console, whenever that is. But I don't really want to think about that yet. It's years away.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

I might still get it since I just usually rent.

I don't hoard games.

I do like playing the latest pretty soon say within 1-2 weeks upon release.

Not really into waiting for sales on PC.

Priority: PS5 > PC > Switch 2/XB2

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14819 Posts

LOL no!

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts
@AzatiS said:
@blueinheaven said:

Nobody who has a PC needs an Xbox One. Outside of that you should be asking this question closer to the launch of the Xbox 2 when it will be clear how they stand with exclusives and system sellers.

I personally don't believe they can afford another absolute catastrophe of a generation and honestly believe they need to fire Spencer immediately before he has any input whatsoever on their next gen plansbut MS being MS they are always capable of completely fucking up even the surest of sure things so let's wait and see.

Why you think Spencer wont do a fine job with next Xbox ? You think he is one of the main reasons X1 failed this generation ?

Anyone who says in an interview with Gamespot that he doesn't understand why people want to play games at 60fps has no business being anywhere near any company that deals with videogames.

He also handed every single Xbox 'exclusive' to PC because he had to show some kind of sales figures since he delivered absolutely nothing in terms of games for the console he was responsible for. The man is a fucking fraud.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@AzatiS: well PS4 exclusives. Dunno I am not enjoying games as much these days. Maybe I might not even get around to finish all the PS4 exclusives. Might even give up before that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I do have a gaming PC, but I only use it for VR games. I don't like playing traditional games on a PC.

Xbox has been my favorite platform to play multiplats on for the past three generations due to it having the best controller and the best online service. I doubt that will change next generation so I will probably buy the next Xbox console for multiplats alone.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Anyone who says in an interview with Gamespot that he doesn't understand why people want to play games at 60fps has no business being anywhere near any company that deals with videogames.

He also handed every single Xbox 'exclusive' to PC because he had to show some kind of sales figures since he delivered absolutely nothing in terms of games for the console he was responsible for. The man is a fucking fraud.

So says blue.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lundy86_4

@lundy86_4 said:
@blueinheaven said:

So says blue.

the expert.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lundy86_4

@lundy86_4 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@blueinheaven said:

So says blue.

the expert.

the expertest.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AzatiS
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@AzatiS said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@kuu2 said:

We know what you're insinuating... you made your point clear in the other thread. Anyway, like I've said ad nauseam, the vast majority of people who buy an Xbox console (or a PS) are console gamers that have no interest in gaming on a PC. So the fact that MS's first party content is also releasing on Win10 is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, yes, I'll definitely be picking up the next Xbox console, whenever that is. But I don't really want to think about that yet. It's years away.

You missed my edit , go check what you did say to me i copy/pasted. This poll just make sense to prove you exclusives matter more than you think. Theres no hate or any shady dissing here as you want it to be. If MS dont want to provide exclusives or time exclusives like i suggested ( not to MS , just my thoughts ) this is MS wrong not mine. This is a legit poll so we see what people in here thinking over exclusives and a new xbox with no exclusives in general.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AzatiS
@blueinheaven said:
@AzatiS said:

Hmm , some strong and valid points there.

@joebones5000 said:

I'll buy xbox 7 days a week and twice on sundays if it keeps me away from that abysmal sony controller. That alone warrants an xbox purchase over a sony console, every single time.

That being said, I can't get into uncharted, as Tomb raider is better, I find the last of us to be boring, and God of war I am happy to stream on Twitch. Not much of a reason to own a sony console for me. Tried it and I didn't like it. Thanks to Walmart I wasn't forced to keep it.

First time i see someone favor a console over the other for a controller, let alone disliking that much Sonys controller.

With that being said dont you find anything on PS exclusives likeable ? I mean youre more into the MSs holy trinity of Gears/Halo/Forza more than any Sonys game or ?

@Gamerno6666 said:

@AzatiS: well PS4 exclusives. Dunno I am not enjoying games as much these days. Maybe I might not even get around to finish all the PS4 exclusives. Might even give up before that.

Im with you on that. Im getting less satisfaction from most games nowdays than 10+ years ago. I dont know if i have to blame the fact that im getting older and i dont see gaming as i used to OR gaming became stale and experiences feel the same over and over with very few games be able to stand out. Imho, the last few years im getting more satisfaction by playing a very good indie/indie like game than some of the best or most popular AAA games.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

i will buy gtx 1180ti & 1280ti before xbox two is released to be able to play recent demand games AAA

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Wow I guess it is true when a lemming told me that the majority of the lemmings that own the Xb1 is heading over to the PS5 next gen.

But then of course they’re a few die hard lemmings who don’t care about exclusives , because they rather play a game that allows them to sit on a ship and stare at the sea for hours .

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I voted the first option. I find it hard to imagine wanting to buy the next Xbox if they continue putting all the Xbox games on PC. Besides that, MS 1st party hasn't been impressing me much lately anyway.

Beside gaming, I like having a desktop PC for other things. My PC from 2012 is still working with no problems, but I guess I'll probably get a new one next-gen at some point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

I started off with an Xbox One this generation. I purchased a Switch upon release and balanced my gaming time between a low end PC, Xbox One, Switch and 3DS.

I purchased most of my multi-platform games on Xbox One. Eventually I wanted to begin transitioning away from Xbox One as a number of games at the time I was interested in playing were not available on the platform such as Street Fighter V.

I decided then to build a new PC so that I could get better performance from my games and play a number of titles not available on Xbox One. At first I felt that Microsoft's decision to transition away from console exclusives was devaluing my ownership in Xbox One. And, in a way I still feel some of this.

However, what I have noticed as a PC gamer primarily now is that there are also benefits to Microsoft's model. I can still play games with my brother and other Xbox gamers and use Xbox for voice chat. While the lack of exclusivity may make the Xbox One a less interesting purchase for a PC gamer, you still benefit from being able to communicate and play with that community. Bringing parity among the two platforms is pretty cool. It means I can choose the platform I prefer without nagging drawbacks such as fractured communities.

I'll stick to PC gaming in future and consider a PS5 when it is announced.

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

I'll be rolling with PC, PS5, and my Switch.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7272 Posts

Im interested in picking up a switch at some point but I'll continue wherever my friends are whether they stick with Xbox or PlayStation. I have no loyalty to any brand I think its all nonsense.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Will get an Xbox 2 at launch because I don’t do PC game. Don’t have the time for it. I want my gaming to be as plug-and-play as possible.

Will get the next Switch at launch as well.

Will get the PS5 as soon as the first worthwhile Sony exclusive comes out. My PS4 collected dust for quite some time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#82 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I don't like playing games on PC, so if I do game it's on a console. Beyond that, if Microsoft made a really great console with an amazing service and a good UI, those could be deciding factors in choosing an exclusive-less console over the competition.

Oh, are we just saying that the games aren't exclusive because they're on Windows? Pfft, they're still exclusive.

I guess I look at it as Microsoft wanting to win back PC gamers, and appeal to their love of (for some reason) keyboard and mouse for gaming. I think they should just make keyboards and mice for the xbox, and bring out RTS and MMOs and such that use it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#83 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AzatiS
@Ovirew said:

I don't like playing games on PC, so if I do game it's on a console. Beyond that, if Microsoft made a really great console with an amazing service and a good UI, those could be deciding factors in choosing an exclusive-less console over the competition.

Oh, are we just saying that the games aren't exclusive because they're on Windows? Pfft, they're still exclusive.

I guess I look at it as Microsoft wanting to win back PC gamers, and appeal to their love of (for some reason) keyboard and mouse for gaming. I think they should just make keyboards and mice for the xbox, and bring out RTS and MMOs and such that use it.

You know they are not :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

@Ovirew said:

Best post in the thread... Xbox Won. :P

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AzatiS
@SecretPolice said:
@Ovirew said:

Best post in the thread... Xbox Won. :P

Already ? But next-gen hasnt started yet !

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#87 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Forza, halo and gears.. Rinse and repeat.

Forza looks dope tho.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:

Hell no. Console/casual gamers only buy exclusives on consoles. Why do you think multiplatform games sells the best on PCs over consoles? Because people who game on consoles only play exclusives. Everyone knows this except MS.

Hahahaaha someone is bitter about not having exclusives..lol

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#89 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

If they put their XBox games on PC then I see no reason to buy one. I usually prefer keyboard and mouse controls for most games and those I don't Windows has the capability to hook a controller up to anyway.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Will get an Xbox 2 at launch because I don’t do PC game. Don’t have the time for it. I want my gaming to be as plug-and-play as possible.

Will get the next Switch at launch as well.

Will get the PS5 as soon as the first worthwhile Sony exclusive comes out. My PS4 collected dust for quite some time.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaa i don't think your PS4 has collected as much dust as your xbox one unless you are into playing garbage.

PC is as plug and play as consoles,hell you buy a already build PC and don't have to download something to make it work like it was the case with the xbox one,oh and you can even use your xbox one controller.

And many console games ask you for an update before you can play them,which is total crap.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Being walled in for no reason, why would anyone do that.

I would have skipped the PS4 if it didn't have decent exclusives, I have a PC for multiplats.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@tormentos: nah. I have this things called friends and family. We enjoy playing Halo together so we all got Xbox ones.

My PS4 became my exclusive box. Bloodborne was great and after that nothing worthwhile for quite some time.

But you know...opinions and such.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#93  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@AzatiS said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@kuu2 said:

Have either of you just talked with people shopping at a Gamestop or your countries equivalent? I do, although not as much as I used to. But I have friends that work for Gamestop and I talk with them and the shoppers there when I stop into buy. Many will claim its anecdotal evidence and maybe they're right. I don't think so.

I have found that hrt_rulz01 is correct. People buying Gears 4 or Nier a year or so ago told me they don't care if those games are on PC. They have a console and have no interest in gaming on a PC. These people do not post on forums, make youtube videos, care about Digital Foundry, care how many consoles have been sold. They buy Madden COD NBA2k and the biggest games of the year like Witcher 3 or GoW if they can. Most importantly? They outnumber us and their money is just as good to corporations.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#94 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70090 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Have either of you just talked with people shopping at a Gamestop or your countries equivalent? I do, although not as much as I used to. But I have friends that work for Gamestop and I talk with them and the shoppers there when I stop into buy. Many will claim its anecdotal evidence and maybe they're right. I don't think so.

I have found that hrt_rulz01 is correct. People buying Gears 4 or Nier a year or so ago told me they don't care if those games are on PC. They have a console and have no interest in gaming on a PC. These people do not post on forums, make youtube videos, care about Digital Foundry, care how many consoles have been sold. They buy Madden COD NBA2k and the biggest games of the year like Witcher 3 or GoW if they can. Most importantly? They outnumber us and their money is just as good to corporations.

This is also the reason why once the momentum for any console starts its takes a while for there to be shift in the other direction, that is assuming if there is even a shift.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

I'll take a bakers dozen please. :P

Double or nothing!

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Only reasons I will buy next Xbox:

The paywall for online play is lifted

The new Halo is a revival for the franchise

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Nope. I've gone with mainly the PC every single gen, and I haven't regretted a single gen so far. I did pick up a PS3 last gen, but honestly, I only ever played like 2 games I enjoyed on it, which largely was a waste of money. Probably why I haven't picked up the PS4 so far, because there are only 2 or 3 games I actually want to play.