Will console games ever reach Star Citizen's graphics?

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will console games ever reach Star Citizen's graphics? (132 votes)

Obviously, no. 43%
They will, eventually. 20%
Of course you twit, it's how consoles work. 11%
Meh SC. 2%
Crysis 3 still looks better. 5%
Just wait until Uncharted 4/Zelda/Kinect. 2%
OP has a tiny dick. I know for sure, I've sucked it! 4%
You make shit poll options. 12%

Discuss.

• 
happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@DarthRamms said:

@happyduds77 said:

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

division, uncharted 4, unity and surprisingly, even the new COD

Uncharted 4 cgi trailer lol and lol AC unity and division ah sorry but no and lol please COD

If we are going by Naughty Dog's previous track record, I don't think that's a CG trailer. The final game will come close or be just as good.

Yes where's the gameplay should I believe that division trailer is the actual graphics to?

Also note their game looked worse compared to their E3 video they showed a few years back.

The trailer itself said it was directly captured from PS4, isn't that enough for you? And again all I am saying is it will come pretty close and just maybe maybe by a small tiny chance it will look just as good.

And I don't recall any of Naughty Dog's game looking worse than what they showed off before release.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 happyduds77

@foxhound_fox said:

@happyduds77 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

But you have to take in count that Uncharted is a very linear/scripted game and it has a very small playable space, and Star Citizen is freakin' massive.

I don't think Uncharted will look just as good as the trailer, but there's a possibility.

I doubt it will come close to Star Citizen. CIG isn't working with hardware limitations. They are setting the minimum standard where current gen consoles stand (approximately). Their top end is completely open. Whether a PS4/Xbone game is linear or not, it won't ever come close to what SC is doing.

I'm not sure of the poly count of some of the ships, but I don't doubt it's as high as most of these "next-gen" games.

We just have to wait and see.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@DarthRamms said:

@happyduds77 said:

@DarthRamms said:

@m3dude1 said:

division, uncharted 4, unity and surprisingly, even the new COD

Uncharted 4 cgi trailer lol and lol AC unity and division ah sorry but no and lol please COD

If we are going by Naughty Dog's previous track record, I don't think that's a CG trailer. The final game will come close or be just as good.

Yes where's the gameplay should I believe that division trailer is the actual graphics to?

Also note their game looked worse compared to their E3 video they showed a few years back.

The trailer itself said it was directly captured from PS4, isn't that enough for you? And again all I am saying is it will come pretty close and just maybe maybe by a small tiny chance it will look just as good.

And I don't recall any of Naughty Dog's game looking worse than what they showed off before release.

not like it look better than SC anyways lol

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Probably in 2018 at 720p30

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By happyduds77

@DarthRamms: I knew it.

That has been discussed over and over again and proven that the final version actually looks better that is the only segment of the game that looks bad. I dare you to show me a bad looking screenshot that isn't from that scene in comparison to the E3 trailer.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

even if uncharted theoretically came out looking exactly like that video, complete absence of a single jaggy and all, melonfarmerz would say star citizen looks better.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@DarthRamms: I knew it.

That has been discussed over and over again and proven that the final version actually looks better that is the only segment of the game that looks bad. I dare you to show me a bad looking screenshot that isn't from that scene in comparison to the E3 trailer.

give it up

lol looks better?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By happyduds77

@CroidX: You're comprehension skills suck. I said not from that scene, cause Naughty Dog had this brilliant idea to put some kind of fog/dust in that bus and it makes everything look bad.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By CroidX

@happyduds77 said:

@CroidX: You're comprehension skills suck. I said not from that scene, cause Naughty Dog had this brilliant idea to put some kind of fog/dust in that bus and it makes everything look bad.

lol give it up not going bother to show more when their already been a bunch of comparsion

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Starcitizen is nothing special . It looks great but I can name multiple titles that meet or exceed it already on consoles. But this is what hermits do. Grasping for bullshit because it's exclusive.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By happyduds77

@CroidX: Different scene, different lighting

The one above is when drake came out of the plane and the other one is when he came out of the airport. And why are you posting screens from a youtube video?

Post direct feed shots like this.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112 BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Starcitizen is nothing special . It looks great but I can name multiple titles that meet or exceed it already on consoles. But this is what hermits do. Grasping for bullshit because it's exclusive.

yes please name those titles

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 AM-Gamer

@bloodytides: Bateman:AK , AC unity, Witcher 3, those all rival it and are also huge. And if UC4 looks anything like that then it shits all over SC. It won't be open world I'm sure but visually there is no comparison.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By BloodyTides

@AM-Gamer said:

@bloodytides: Bateman:AK , AC unity, Witcher 3, those all rival it and are also huge. And if UC4 looks anything like that then it shits all over SC. It won't be open world I'm sure but visually there is no comparison.

The Witcher 3, AC Unity, and Batman neither look better lol Someone already listed those and everyone laugh at him. Not only that its only in Alpha stage.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AM-Gamer

@bloodytides: They look every bit as good.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BloodyTides

@AM-Gamer said:

@bloodytides: They look every bit as good.

Clearly you have not seen the current build of SC lol you actually think the likes of AC Unity looks as good than your blind

Your clasping for straw here when a game only at alpha stage looks better than those games.

Loading Video...

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Can't believe some people still think Uncharted 4 was CG. It's how consoles work: put all the details in the character models and voila! Peasants will be all over it.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 AM-Gamer

@bloodytides: The E3 build of unity looked stunning. Your just butthurt because outside of SW nobody talks about SC. If you think it looks better then anything on consoles you are delusional. And I love the hermits who say it couldn't run on consoles. You honestly think they will announce a title for pc in which the minimum requirements are more powerful then the PS4? Lmao pc gamers stupidity is at a all time high.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@AM-Gamer: Actually, nobody in SW talks about SC compared to Neogaf or even fucking youtube,. Don't be stupid man. No game looks as good as star citizen right now and you know it. Vouching for AC5 just shows your denial

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BloodyTides

@AM-Gamer said:

@bloodytides: The E3 build of unity looked stunning. Your just butthurt because outside of SW nobody talks about SC. If you think it looks better then anything on consoles you are delusional. And I love the hermits who say it couldn't run on consoles. You honestly think they will announce a title for pc in which the minimum requirements are more powerful then the PS4? Lmao pc gamers stupidity is at a all time high.

I see your delusional AC Unity does not look better go ask anyone here than if your so sure. And lol please than why do I see SC on forums other than gamespot like IGN and artucles all over the web with people discussing it. And lol minimum requirement? Ok so you know the system requirement for the game?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By AM-Gamer

@melonfarmerz: Lol just live in your own world man. Sc is nothing special. Best mmo sure best visuals? Lmao

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BloodyTides

@melonfarmerz said:

@AM-Gamer: Actually, nobody in SW talks about SC compared to Neogaf or even fucking youtube,. Don't be stupid man. No game looks as good as star citizen right now and you know it. Vouching for AC5 just shows your denial

can't be worse than that guy mentionion cod advance warfare looking better

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@melonfarmerz: Lol just live in your own world man. Sc is nothing special. Best mmo sure best visuals? Lmao

SC isn't even a MMO

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#124 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

the only people I hear saying that star citizen is the best looking pc game are the herms at system wars. But the game has jaggies, it has dithering, it feels lifeless and it has awful animations, and this is a demo that is probably running on a PC that cost 3 times more than a PS4.

Loading Video...

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Well, just to put things in perspectives 900pStation and 720pBox won't be able outclass Crysis 2 a game from 2011.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Gue1 said:

the only people I hear saying that star citizen is the best looking pc game are the herms at system wars. But the game has jaggies, it has dithering, it feels lifeless and it has awful animations, and this is a demo that is probably running on a PC that cost 3 times more than a PS4.

Loading Video...

Ok then what is the best looking game on pc? And please its an alpha build not everything is perfect. Do you know what an "alpha" build is since I'm sure you can look it up on the english to Spanish dictionary.

Loading Video...

KittyBangBang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 KittyBangBang
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

You're probably the dumbest person I've ever seen so far. In fact, I decided to join this community for the first time just to say that.

Can you just show me one 3D game that has no jaggies especially from the console?

Of course Star Citizen feels lifeless, why don't you travel to the outer space and tell me how does it feel out there? It's just a vast emptiness after all. And by the way, there will be planets and space stations to land and dock once the game finished. So it won't feel "lifeless".

For the sake of my mother, did you just say that Star Citizen has an awful animations? The game has the most incredible and delicate in-game animation ever. Meanwhile your console games have to rely so much on CGI graphics during cut scene just to make sure that it looks good. You should watch carefully the cutscene in Star Citizen where you're about to climb up your ship and enter the cockpit. In console games, actions like these has to be done with CGI cutscene. Oh, how cute is that.

A $100 GPU is good enough to run this game perfectly let alone when the game is fully optimized.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Star Shitizen is a joke and obviously in Dev hell because they won't show any gameplay. They just keep pumping desperate hermits for more kickstarter donations with their cgi trailers and empty promises. LOL!

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 m3dude1

disagree with star citizen having the best animation. not by a long shot.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

UC4 just made this game looked like dog poo today, but it's expected, ND is simply in another realm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Loading Video...

The level of stupid for you Gue is a new high. you know the jaggies are based on the fact that they are nowhere near done with the cryengine modifications and pc users can force Anti Aliasing anyway? and that video is the communities concept vehicles being developed...

just... wtf are you smoking?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 m3dude1

star shitizen is a good one tho. haha

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 melonfarmerz

@Gue1: LOL you're making yourself look stupid. You just linked the next great starship. The gameplay you saw wasn't even from the devs. It was from a group of 4 guys... Serious?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 melonfarmerz

@Pray_to_me: Dude. Why are your posts so stupid? First of all, an early build is already out for us to play that looks way better than any game, so not showing off gameplay?

And there is not a single CGI trailer, everything is noted to be real gameplay. I guess that's new to you since you only gameon PS4 and have never touched a PC.

I like how all the stupid posts on this thread were made by cows. Speaks volumes

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

start citizen looks mediocre in the graphics department. Herms should look to something better if they plan to take on uncharted and the order.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Some ps4/xbone games will of course beat SC in certain aspects but SC is superior to any shown next-gen game when considering everything. SC is most likely to advanced for nex-gen consoles to be ported without compromises.
Much like no ps360 game can hold a candle to Crysis 1 when all things are considered but there are ps360 games that beat Crysis 1 in some aspects when they are rendering much smaller scale and have less things going on than in Crysis 1.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 melonfarmerz

@amazonangry: lol your PS4 doesn't even meet SCs minimum requirements

Apacheguns515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Apacheguns515
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

Heres the real question. How many of you can honestly run SC on high or max settings at 1080p 60fps?

From reading the articles it seems like this game is doing what high end PC games did years ago by holding nothing back and creating a game that takes some serious hardware to run at max settings. Hardware that most people honestly dont actually have.

Remember the tiny levels in pre alpha Arena Commander won't be the same as the actual game.

It seems like many people are just bragging at the fact that SC looks better than everything else. Well no shit, if the minimum requirements are more powerful than the PS4 then it BETTER be the best looking game in history.

Bottom line is we aren't going to be playing this at 1080p 60fps with most of our current hardware.

This is like me pulling up in my 2014 Ferrari and bragging about how I can smoke your Ford Focus. No shit...it costs a lot more money it should be faster and better than yours. Everyone knows that PC hardware is powerful as hell. So when a game developer decides to actually take advantage of SLI Geforce Titan type power then it is sort of expected to look better than whats on a $400 console dont ya think..

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@gpuking said:

UC4 just made this game looked like dog poo today, but it's expected, ND is simply in another realm.

You mean that in engine pre-rendered cinematic trailer? Remain jelly peasant. How about you first come and talk to me about Crysis 2 before talking about the big guns. Seems like you forget that I'm still here to for the cows slaughter. Remain salty that you are stuck with that pathetic tablet CPU and a pathetic 570 level GPU of 900pStation. Prove to me it's more capable than that and we will talk or take your shit to some Sony forums.

I remember owning your ass and so many cows ass who are still in thread bitching pretending nothing has happened. I think there must be a rule for instant ban on people who utter the same shit over and over again when they were proven wrong and ran with their tail between their legs when presented with the proof.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 AM-Gamer

@MBirdy88: Did I say Shit about jaggies? I'm talking about the suck ass animations and the fact it only has action when it's being rendered in space. I'm basing it off the new trailers. It's not a bad looking game by any means. But herms are acting like this is 2007 again with Crysis. I'm sorry but it's not.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

This thread is going to be a lot of fun after tomorrow, herms jumping the gun will be looking desperate trying to act like this game looks much more impressive when high quality images and gifs of the upcoming console exclusives get shown for E3. Can't wait.

Bu but a gen apart..bu my $500 gpu??

I said it was going to happen....and look now

luz at herms and this thread. bu but a generation apart? bu but My $500+ GPU?

PREDICTED/

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By CroidX

@kinectthedots said:

@kinectthedots said:

This thread is going to be a lot of fun after tomorrow, herms jumping the gun will be looking desperate trying to act like this game looks much more impressive when high quality images and gifs of the upcoming console exclusives get shown for E3. Can't wait.

PREDICTED/

Comparing that to a close up close shot thnx was showing us how good SC looks lol Too bad it doesn't look good as your making it out to be here Crysis 3 lol

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 m3dude1

you actually think that crysis 3 face is in the same league as UC4? lol pc fanboys are seriously a disgrace

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#146  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Loading Video...

Hmmmm , so you are showing footage created by guys that took part in modding competition instead of in game stuff .? Makes sense . /Sarcasm .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#148 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@kinectthedots said:

PREDICTED/

1. Make sure to at least confirm that the footage your showing here is indeed real time and not pre rendered trailer .

2. That is photoshoped version of original trailer , don't know how that counts as comparison .

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

you actually think that crysis 3 face is in the same league as UC4? lol pc fanboys are seriously a disgrace

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@m3dude1 said: