Wii-U November sales falls 65% from last year

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fadfgrfjdlska (7 posts) -

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/us-ps4-november-sales-estimated-at-1-25m-units-66-ahead-of-xbox-one/0125546

Nintendo had abysmal sales last November, yet this November the sales managed to drop 65%!. The writing is on the wall folks: Expect major retailers to stop carrying Wii-U products after the holidays, and remaining stock will be heading to clearance bins. Wii-U is officially dead without retailer support.

#2 Edited by Couth_ (10175 posts) -

Dat dere holiday rush, zelda bundle and black friday really did wonders for the Wii U.. With all the money they made they should be able to build it a NICE COFFIN

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (58246 posts) -

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

#4 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

#5 Edited by babycakin (1603 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

So Thursday we'll find out? Hope Nintendo did well, we'll see.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (58246 posts) -

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

So Thursday we'll find out? Hope Nintendo did well, we'll see.

Yeah, NPD numbers come out Thursday

#7 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

@babycakin said:

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

#8 Edited by Couth_ (10175 posts) -

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

Doesn't even take a genius to make that prediction when it was going up against two brand new console launches and even a new ipad for the utlra casuals

#9 Posted by Ghost120x (3917 posts) -

Says the analyst who is always wrong. *rolls eyes*

#10 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

Doesn't even take a genius to make that prediction when it was going up against two brand new console launches and even a new ipad for the utlra casuals

He was so right that the 3DS was going to fail, right? lol I guess his crystal ball he uses must of been low on batteries that day.

#11 Edited by babycakin (1603 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

So Thursday we'll find out? Hope Nintendo did well, we'll see.

Yeah, NPD numbers come out Thursday

Ok sweet! And you finally got the Wii U, nice!

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (58246 posts) -

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

So Thursday we'll find out? Hope Nintendo did well, we'll see.

Yeah, NPD numbers come out Thursday

Ok sweet! And you finally got the Wii U, nice!

Yeah lol. Add me if you want!

#13 Edited by Couth_ (10175 posts) -

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

Doesn't even take a genius to make that prediction when it was going up against two brand new console launches and even a new ipad for the utlra casuals

He was so right that the 3DS was going to fail, right? lol I guess his crystal ball he uses must of been low on batteries that day.

Don't know or care m8. The 3ds is not the Wii U. The Wii U is its own entity. It's its own failure. You are talking about the month that it LAUNCHED vs the month that the PS4 and XBONE launched. You really think sales didn't decrease? I got sum bad nuws for you m8

#14 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

So Thursday we'll find out? Hope Nintendo did well, we'll see.

Yeah, NPD numbers come out Thursday

Ok sweet! And you finally got the Wii U, nice!

Yeah lol. Add me if you want!

I'll be getting mine this Saturday or Sunday, I'll definitely add you then!

#15 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

Doesn't even take a genius to make that prediction when it was going up against two brand new console launches and even a new ipad for the utlra casuals

He was so right that the 3DS was going to fail, right? lol I guess his crystal ball he uses must of been low on batteries that day.

Don't know or care m8. The 3ds is not the Wii U. The Wii U is it's own entity. It's its own failure. You are talking about the month that it LAUNCHED vs the month that the PS4 and XBONE launched. You really think sales didn't decrease? I got sum bad nuws for you m8

Oh that's fine. The point in case it went right over your head was that this bozo's predictions have been wrong, so I would take all his crap with a grain of salt. Thursday if the numbers are what he predicted, then yeah, I'll agree with what U originally said. Yes? No? Maybe so?

#16 Posted by charizard1605 (58246 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

Doesn't even take a genius to make that prediction when it was going up against two brand new console launches and even a new ipad for the utlra casuals

He was so right that the 3DS was going to fail, right? lol I guess his crystal ball he uses must of been low on batteries that day.

Don't know or care m8. The 3ds is not the Wii U. The Wii U is its own entity. It's its own failure. You are talking about the month that it LAUNCHED vs the month that the PS4 and XBONE launched. You really think sales didn't decrease? I got sum bad nuws for you m8

Wii U sold 3 million units in a month. I think a million of those came from North America. Just want to point that out.

#17 Posted by Ribnarak (2298 posts) -

well considering wii u is a last gen console, its sales should be slowing down.
when nintendo releases a console on par hardware wise as the ps4 and xboxone, then we'll talk!

#18 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

Oh that's fine. The point in case it went right over your head was that this bozo's predictions have been wrong, so I would take all his crap with a grain of salt. Thursday if the numbers are what he predicted, then yeah, I'll agree with what U originally said. Yes? No? Maybe so?

This isnt really a prediction, he has NPD people telling him whats going on, he just doesnt have exact numbers.

#19 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6030 posts) -

@Ribnarak said:

well considering wii u is a last gen console, its sales should be slowing down.

when nintendo releases a console on par hardware wise as the ps4 and xboxone, then we'll talk!

Wii-U is part of the same console generation as the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Generations are not defined by power, if they were neither the Dreamcast nor Playstation 2 would be part of the 6th Generation because the GameCube and Xbox were significantly more powerful. The Wii is part of the 7th Generation and the Wii-U is part of the 8th Generation. Period.

#20 Posted by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

Sheep trying to buy more time until the butchering on the block. As if the 65% drop is actually only 45%, like that's any better.

Before the NPD comes in this Thursday, there are also confirmed weekly totals that are released every week, so it's easy to extrapolate from that. Wii U only had 6% of the sales at Black Friday, and could not outsell either MS's or Sony's next-gen and current gen consoles.

#21 Edited by chocolate1325 (32539 posts) -

I think there are difficult times ahead for the Big N espically when the PS4 and XBoxone outsells it early next year.

#22 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

65% for tech that don't have 1.5 million threshold limits in unit sales is not a lot. That would be only a slight dip in the Wii U's case, sure, it's still not good at all, but it's not that big of a dip.

#23 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26904 posts) -

Pachter... enough said.

#24 Edited by Newhopes (4587 posts) -

Another thread made by a idiot.

#25 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

Why are they on backorder on amazon and at QVC if it's doing so horribly?

#26 Posted by Newhopes (4587 posts) -

@good_sk8er7 said:

Why are they on backorder on amazon and at QVC if it's doing so horribly?

What the idiot failed to take into account is the WII U launched november last year.

I wonder if he'll be back next year making threads about how the Xbox and PS4 sold 60-70% less than this year.

#27 Edited by Gargus (2147 posts) -

The system has been dead to me for awhile anyway. I got it at launch and have spent more time playing wii games on it than wiiu.

#28 Posted by ImDaMan4Realz (94 posts) -

Nintendo should just officially announce the system's death. It would be less embarrassing than if stores just stopped selling them because the system sucks so bad

#29 Posted by farrell2k (6366 posts) -

The WiiU sales rose 200% in September, 75% above that in October, and we are now to believe that November with black Friday and the release of super mario 3d world and the super mario u and luigi u bundle that they dropped 65%? Puhlease!

#30 Posted by ImDaMan4Realz (94 posts) -

@DarkGamer007 said:

@Ribnarak said:

well considering wii u is a last gen console, its sales should be slowing down.

when nintendo releases a console on par hardware wise as the ps4 and xboxone, then we'll talk!

Wii-U is part of the same console generation as the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Generations are not defined by power, if they were neither the Dreamcast nor Playstation 2 would be part of the 6th Generation because the GameCube and Xbox were significantly more powerful. The Wii is part of the 7th Generation and the Wii-U is part of the 8th Generation. Period.

Uhhhhh, the ps2 and DC were next gen, they were closer to the xbox and gc than they were to the n64 and ps1. Sheep just need to keep their mouths closed if they don't know what they're talking about. They should already be embarassed for being supporters of the wii u.

#31 Posted by ImDaMan4Realz (94 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

The WiiU sales rose 200% in September, 75% above that in October, and we are now to believe that November with black Friday and the release of super mario 3d world and the super mario u and luigi u bundle that they dropped 65%? Puhlease!

Well, noone gives a shit about mario anymore so....yea

#32 Edited by farrell2k (6366 posts) -

@imdaman4realz said:

@farrell2k said:

The WiiU sales rose 200% in September, 75% above that in October, and we are now to believe that November with black Friday and the release of super mario 3d world and the super mario u and luigi u bundle that they dropped 65%? Puhlease!

Well, noone gives a shit about mario anymore so....yea

lol. As of March of this year, 6 months before it was bundled into the wii u deluxe set, New Super Mario Bros U sold 2.2 million copies. You are delusional.

#33 Edited by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

Better price, more and better games, yet worse sales. It's a shame Nintendo botched things so badly with WiiU. From what I read people who own one really like it. On the positive side, I may get my $200 WiiU sooner than later.

#34 Posted by farrell2k (6366 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

Better price, more and better games, yet worse sales. It's a shame Nintendo botched things so badly with WiiU. From what I read people who own one really like it. On the positive side, I may get my $200 WiiU sooner than later.

I think you will have to wait for a system redesign for that, which will likely be a few years away. Nintendo is still losing $50 on every one I read somewhere, because of he price drop. :)

#35 Edited by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

WiiU.....sucks.I don't think it is nothing that can save the WiiU.It is Game Over for the Wii eww.

#36 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

@farrell2k: You may be right, but it costs Ninty more than $50 if the systems just sit on store shelfs. If they can't kickstart the U this holiday season, I expect it to drop to $200-$250 this time next year. Desperate times call for desperate measures, after all.

#37 Posted by KingsofQueens (2217 posts) -

LOL @ Sheep sugarcoating in here.

WiiU is not going down anytime soon because the 3DS is practically the only backbone holding the company together.

I just got back from Target a few hours ago, and a young couple were simply LOOKING not buying, but LOOKING at the WiiU kiosk and just left. The uninterested expression on their faces was amazing. And they had a little boy about 4-5 years old pulling the mother's hand towards the 3DS section. Priceless.

After Target, I went to my local Gamestop, same "uninterested in WiiU" customers as usual. Some were buying either PS3 or 360 games and some were asking when X1 or PS4 comes available.

No body wants the WiiU people. Sorry, Sheep.

Nintendo needs to pull their heads outta their asses and Sheep/WiiU owners need to buy more WiiU 3rd party games, whatever is left of it, right now..... if they want an "SNES second coming" with the WiiU.

Hell just go BUY CoD Ghosts for WiiU.....it's a blockbuster game, its a seller, (I don't care how you uptight elite nerds say about this game) and there are numerous Youtube WiiU Ghosts gameplay videos.....and those that created those videos, the rationale behind buying Ghosts for WiiU? They want more people to support 3rd party games for the damn system, so that more support can come.

#38 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26904 posts) -

@KingsofQueens said:

LOL @ Sheep sugarcoating in here.

WiiU is not going down anytime soon because the 3DS is practically the only backbone holding the company together.

I just got back from Target a few hours ago, and a young couple were simply LOOKING not buying, but LOOKING at the WiiU kiosk and just left. The uninterested expression on their faces was amazing. And they had a little boy about 4-5 years old pulling the mother's hand towards the 3DS section. Priceless.

After Target, I went to my local Gamestop, same "uninterested in WiiU" customers as usual. Some were buying either PS3 or 360 games and some were asking when X1 or PS4 comes available.

No body wants the WiiU people. Sorry, Sheep.

Nintendo needs to pull their heads outta their asses and Sheep/WiiU owners need to buy more WiiU 3rd party games, whatever is left of it, right now..... if they want an "SNES second coming" with the WiiU.

Hell just go BUY CoD Ghosts for WiiU.....it's a blockbuster game, its a seller, (I don't care how you uptight elite nerds say about this game) and there are numerous Youtube WiiU Ghosts gameplay videos.....and those that created those videos, the rationale behind buying Ghosts for WiiU? They want more people to support 3rd party games for the damn system, so that more support can come.

Oh of course, the obvious "I was at this ONE store and this happened" post.

Funny how you bring up CoD Ghosts when even Activision admits that game, on all formats is underperforming their expectations.

#39 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

Misleading thread title

#40 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

Who buys a console that has no games......hahahahaha Oh wait Cows do! hahahahaha

#41 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

I love how much hate Pachter gets from the Nintendo crowd for pointing out very obvious, very normal observations that every single one of you already knows. Even funnier is how hard the sheep push the "Pachter is always wrong" meme, just because like 4 or 5 years ago he said Nintendo would make a new console in 2009. Get over it. Pretty much everything he's said about the Wii U has been spot on.

Here, I'll make a prediction, the Wii U will sell significantly less than the PS4 and XBONE. You lot act like this is the most far fetched, appauling, out of this world thing to say.

#42 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

@Newhopes said:

@good_sk8er7 said:

Why are they on backorder on amazon and at QVC if it's doing so horribly?

What the idiot failed to take into account is the WII U launched november last year.

I wonder if he'll be back next year making threads about how the Xbox and PS4 sold 60-70% less than this year.

360:

Nov. 2005 326,000
Nov. 2006 511,000
Nov. 2007 770,000
Nov. 2008 836,000
Nov. 2009 819,500
Nov. 2010 1,370,000
Nov. 2011 1,700,000

PS3:
Nov. 2006 197,000
Nov. 2007 466,000
Nov. 2008 378,000
Nov. 2009 710,400

Wii:
Nov. 2006 476,000
Nov. 2007 981,000
Nov. 2008 2,040,000
Nov. 2009 1,260,000

Wii-U:
Nov. 2012 425,000
Nov. 2013 Est. 165,000

Next year's numbers are usually higher because there's no longer any supply constraints. Wii-U is performing like a console in its last year on the market.
#43 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

you mean it sold less because the PS4 and Xbox One arrived? Who would've thought!

#44 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

Do you guys this the hardcore gamer community have a responsibility to save the Wii-U?

#45 Edited by MirkoS77 (7623 posts) -

Hopefully if the numbers are harsh, Nintendo will begin to acknowledge reality.

#46 Posted by BattleSpectre (6235 posts) -

I almost feel sorry for the Wii U. It really has nothing going for it bar a few good games. Maybe I should go out and buy one to support it?....... Nahhhh

#47 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7493 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

Says the analyst who is always wrong. *rolls eyes*

He's actually right more often than other analysts. He was definitely wrong about Wii, but thus far he's been spot-on with Wii U. It has been doing very poorly and I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers for November are terrible.

#48 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7323 posts) -

How many Wii U's sold last november? Wasn't it more than 2 million? If so, a 65% decline from that would still be a pretty good month considering how poorly it has been doing all year.

#49 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

Still wont make Nintendo drop the console.

#50 Posted by Heirren (17352 posts) -

Sales aren't what nintendo would want at the moment, but you are comparing a launch month to the following year of the same month? You think Xbox and ps4 are going to sell 2 million next november?