Wii-U November sales falls 65% from last year

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fadfgrfjdlska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 fadfgrfjdlska
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/us-ps4-november-sales-estimated-at-1-25m-units-66-ahead-of-xbox-one/0125546

Nintendo had abysmal sales last November, yet this November the sales managed to drop 65%!. The writing is on the wall folks: Expect major retailers to stop carrying Wii-U products after the holidays, and remaining stock will be heading to clearance bins. Wii-U is officially dead without retailer support.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Dat dere holiday rush, zelda bundle and black friday really did wonders for the Wii U.. With all the money they made they should be able to build it a NICE COFFIN

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By babycakin

@charizard1605 said:

This is just a prediction by Michael Pachter. The real numbers aren't in yet (and won't be till Thursday).

While I have no doubt they will be dire, let's hold off just a little longer before calling doom and gloom, mkay?

So Thursday we'll find out? Hope Nintendo did well, we'll see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, NPD numbers come out Thursday

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@babycakin said:

I completely forgot there still exists idiots on this forum who believe Patcher's "predictions" lol

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Couth_

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

Pachter gets the NPD numbers early and is close to people involved in these type of things. He is often very close on these type of things. He isnt just making up a random number.

Doesn't even take a genius to make that prediction when it was going up against two brand new console launches and even a new ipad for the utlra casuals

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Says the analyst who is always wrong. *rolls eyes*

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 babycakin

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

Doesn't even take a genius to make that prediction when it was going up against two brand new console launches and even a new ipad for the utlra casuals

He was so right that the 3DS was going to fail, right? lol I guess his crystal ball he uses must of been low on batteries that day.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By babycakin

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

Ok sweet! And you finally got the Wii U, nice!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah lol. Add me if you want!

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Couth_

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

He was so right that the 3DS was going to fail, right? lol I guess his crystal ball he uses must of been low on batteries that day.

Don't know or care m8. The 3ds is not the Wii U. The Wii U is its own entity. It's its own failure. You are talking about the month that it LAUNCHED vs the month that the PS4 and XBONE launched. You really think sales didn't decrease? I got sum bad nuws for you m8

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 babycakin

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

@babycakin said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yeah lol. Add me if you want!

I'll be getting mine this Saturday or Sunday, I'll definitely add you then!

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 babycakin

@Couth_ said:

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

Don't know or care m8. The 3ds is not the Wii U. The Wii U is it's own entity. It's its own failure. You are talking about the month that it LAUNCHED vs the month that the PS4 and XBONE launched. You really think sales didn't decrease? I got sum bad nuws for you m8

Oh that's fine. The point in case it went right over your head was that this bozo's predictions have been wrong, so I would take all his crap with a grain of salt. Thursday if the numbers are what he predicted, then yeah, I'll agree with what U originally said. Yes? No? Maybe so?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Couth_ said:

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@babycakin said:

Don't know or care m8. The 3ds is not the Wii U. The Wii U is its own entity. It's its own failure. You are talking about the month that it LAUNCHED vs the month that the PS4 and XBONE launched. You really think sales didn't decrease? I got sum bad nuws for you m8

Wii U sold 3 million units in a month. I think a million of those came from North America. Just want to point that out.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

well considering wii u is a last gen console, its sales should be slowing down.
when nintendo releases a console on par hardware wise as the ps4 and xboxone, then we'll talk!

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@babycakin said:

@Couth_ said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

Oh that's fine. The point in case it went right over your head was that this bozo's predictions have been wrong, so I would take all his crap with a grain of salt. Thursday if the numbers are what he predicted, then yeah, I'll agree with what U originally said. Yes? No? Maybe so?

This isnt really a prediction, he has NPD people telling him whats going on, he just doesnt have exact numbers.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

@Ribnarak said:

when nintendo releases a console on par hardware wise as the ps4 and xboxone, then we'll talk!

Wii-U is part of the same console generation as the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Generations are not defined by power, if they were neither the Dreamcast nor Playstation 2 would be part of the 6th Generation because the GameCube and Xbox were significantly more powerful. The Wii is part of the 7th Generation and the Wii-U is part of the 8th Generation. Period.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#21  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I think there are difficult times ahead for the Big N espically when the PS4 and XBoxone outsells it early next year.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

65% for tech that don't have 1.5 million threshold limits in unit sales is not a lot. That would be only a slight dip in the Wii U's case, sure, it's still not good at all, but it's not that big of a dip.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#23 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Pachter... enough said.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Another thread made by a idiot.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Why are they on backorder on amazon and at QVC if it's doing so horribly?

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

@good_sk8er7 said:

What the idiot failed to take into account is the WII U launched november last year.

I wonder if he'll be back next year making threads about how the Xbox and PS4 sold 60-70% less than this year.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

The system has been dead to me for awhile anyway. I got it at launch and have spent more time playing wii games on it than wiiu.

ImDaMan4Realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ImDaMan4Realz
Member since 2013 • 97 Posts

Nintendo should just officially announce the system's death. It would be less embarrassing than if stores just stopped selling them because the system sucks so bad

ImDaMan4Realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ImDaMan4Realz

@DarkGamer007 said:

@Ribnarak said:

Wii-U is part of the same console generation as the Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Generations are not defined by power, if they were neither the Dreamcast nor Playstation 2 would be part of the 6th Generation because the GameCube and Xbox were significantly more powerful. The Wii is part of the 7th Generation and the Wii-U is part of the 8th Generation. Period.

Uhhhhh, the ps2 and DC were next gen, they were closer to the xbox and gc than they were to the n64 and ps1. Sheep just need to keep their mouths closed if they don't know what they're talking about. They should already be embarassed for being supporters of the wii u.

ImDaMan4Realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ImDaMan4Realz

@farrell2k said:

The WiiU sales rose 200% in September, 75% above that in October, and we are now to believe that November with black Friday and the release of super mario 3d world and the super mario u and luigi u bundle that they dropped 65%? Puhlease!

Well, noone gives a shit about mario anymore so....yea

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

WiiU.....sucks.I don't think it is nothing that can save the WiiU.It is Game Over for the Wii eww.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

LOL @ Sheep sugarcoating in here.

WiiU is not going down anytime soon because the 3DS is practically the only backbone holding the company together.

I just got back from Target a few hours ago, and a young couple were simply LOOKING not buying, but LOOKING at the WiiU kiosk and just left. The uninterested expression on their faces was amazing. And they had a little boy about 4-5 years old pulling the mother's hand towards the 3DS section. Priceless.

After Target, I went to my local Gamestop, same "uninterested in WiiU" customers as usual. Some were buying either PS3 or 360 games and some were asking when X1 or PS4 comes available.

No body wants the WiiU people. Sorry, Sheep.

Nintendo needs to pull their heads outta their asses and Sheep/WiiU owners need to buy moreWiiU 3rd party games, whatever is left of it, right now..... if they want an "SNES second coming" with the WiiU.

Hell just go BUY CoD Ghosts for WiiU.....it's a blockbuster game, its a seller, (I don't care how you uptight elite nerds say about this game) and there are numerous Youtube WiiU Ghosts gameplay videos.....and those that created those videos, the rationale behind buying Ghosts for WiiU? They want more people to support 3rd party games for the damn system, so that more support can come.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#38 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@KingsofQueens said:

LOL @ Sheep sugarcoating in here.

WiiU is not going down anytime soon because the 3DS is practically the only backbone holding the company together.

I just got back from Target a few hours ago, and a young couple were simply LOOKING not buying, but LOOKING at the WiiU kiosk and just left. The uninterested expression on their faces was amazing. And they had a little boy about 4-5 years old pulling the mother's hand towards the 3DS section. Priceless.

After Target, I went to my local Gamestop, same "uninterested in WiiU" customers as usual. Some were buying either PS3 or 360 games and some were asking when X1 or PS4 comes available.

No body wants the WiiU people. Sorry, Sheep.

Nintendo needs to pull their heads outta their asses and Sheep/WiiU owners need to buy moreWiiU 3rd party games, whatever is left of it, right now..... if they want an "SNES second coming" with the WiiU.

Hell just go BUY CoD Ghosts for WiiU.....it's a blockbuster game, its a seller, (I don't care how you uptight elite nerds say about this game) and there are numerous Youtube WiiU Ghosts gameplay videos.....and those that created those videos, the rationale behind buying Ghosts for WiiU? They want more people to support 3rd party games for the damn system, so that more support can come.

Oh of course, the obvious "I was at this ONE store and this happened" post.

Funny how you bring up CoD Ghosts when even Activision admits that game, on all formats is underperforming their expectations.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Misleading thread title

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Who buys a console that has no games......hahahahaha Oh wait Cows do! hahahahaha

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

I love how much hate Pachter gets from the Nintendo crowd for pointing out very obvious, very normal observations that every single one of you already knows. Even funnier is how hard the sheep push the "Pachter is always wrong" meme, just because like 4 or 5 years ago he said Nintendo would make a new console in 2009. Get over it. Pretty much everything he's said about the Wii U has been spot on.

Here, I'll make a prediction, the Wii U will sell significantly less than the PS4 and XBONE. You lot act like this is the most far fetched, appauling, out of this world thing to say.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@Newhopes said:

@good_sk8er7 said:

What the idiot failed to take into account is the WII U launched november last year.

I wonder if he'll be back next year making threads about how the Xbox and PS4 sold 60-70% less than this year.

360:

Nov. 2005 326,000
Nov. 2006 511,000
Nov. 2007 770,000
Nov. 2008 836,000
Nov. 2009 819,500
Nov. 2010 1,370,000
Nov. 2011 1,700,000

PS3:
Nov. 2006 197,000
Nov. 2007 466,000
Nov. 2008 378,000
Nov. 2009 710,400

Wii:
Nov. 2006 476,000
Nov. 2007 981,000
Nov. 2008 2,040,000
Nov. 2009 1,260,000

Wii-U:
Nov. 2012 425,000
Nov. 2013 Est. 165,000

Next year's numbers are usually higher because there's no longer any supply constraints. Wii-U is performing like a console in its last year on the market.
mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

you mean it sold less because the PS4 and Xbox One arrived? Who would've thought!

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Do you guys this the hardcore gamer community have a responsibility to save the Wii-U?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By MirkoS77  Online
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Hopefully if the numbers are harsh, Nintendo will begin to acknowledge reality.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I almost feel sorry for the Wii U. It really has nothing going for it bar a few good games. Maybe I should go out and buy one to support it?....... Nahhhh

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#47 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Says the analyst who is always wrong. *rolls eyes*

He's actually right more often than other analysts. He was definitely wrong about Wii, but thus far he's been spot-on with Wii U. It has been doing very poorly and I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers for November are terrible.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

How many Wii U's sold last november? Wasn't it more than 2 million? If so, a 65% decline from that would still be a pretty good month considering how poorly it has been doing all year.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Still wont make Nintendo drop the console.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Sales aren't what nintendo would want at the moment, but you are comparing a launch month to the following year of the same month? You think Xbox and ps4 are going to sell 2 million next november?