Wii games making HUGE comeback

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]

Right when someone doesn't like a Wii game it's because he's uninformed.
When someone doesn't like a PS3/360/PC game, it's all systems go.

clyde46

It's true. 95% of the Wii bashing comes from those who don't own the system and have only toyed with it at their local Gamestop for five minutes. SW at its finest. ;)

ill have you know, my GF has one. So I have played it quite alot. And yes I still hate the Wii. Games are bland, I've yet to play one game that will hold my interest for more than 5mins. The Wiimote is very unresponsive, the cursors dance around the screen. I could go on listing why I hate it but when you look at it, I'm a hardcore gamer so the Wii doesnt appeal to me personally however my GF is what the industry calls a casual gamer so she loves the Wii.

blame on her tastes,is her system and her games. A casual gaming girl owning a ps3 doesnt makes the PS3 casual.PS3 can be casual too.Sorry, is true.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="Elemanopee"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] Well you're wrong. Facts don't lie.Johnny-n-Roger
lmao... so now your arguing facts? I thought it was 'opinion'.

The Gamecube was a kiddy console. That is not opinion. :|

Yes it is.

dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

Grats, sheep. But still, I don't think this games can compare to the PS3/ 360 exclusives. That's my opinion of course.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] The Gamecube was a kiddy console. That is not opinion. :|Johnny-n-Roger

Yes it is.

How is it? The damn console is designed like a Polly Pocket and looks like a purse. It was lacking 3rd party support, a majority of its library consisting of kiddy Nintendo games. That is not opinion it is fact. No serious gamer owned a GCN.

Serious gamers don't play game of the years? What are you talking about... serious gamers love the GC... it was lacking some quantity, but boy did it have quality.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
The PS2 was packed with may more kiddy shovelware. Hell it still continues as we speak.
Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ek-Andy
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

I just bought Little Kings Story. Online, unfortunatly, but I'm looking forward to tryting it out. Was a decent price aswell. I think a problem with alot of these good 3rd party Wii titles is they wont sell. It's a bit unfortunate, but with a little luck sales will pick up.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 JLF1

How is it? The damn console is designed like a Polly Pocket and looks like a purse. It was lacking 3rd party support, a majority of its library consisting of kiddy Nintendo games. That is not opinion it is fact. No serious gamer owned a GCN.

Johnny-n-Roger

Where did you get the idea that your opinion of what a serious gamer are is somehow the law?

The GameCube has a ton of great games. Some unmatched on other systems with several GOTY awards.

What games do you consider "mature" or "hardcore"?

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#110 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
The PS2 was packed with may more kiddy shovelware. Hell it still continues as we speak.OreoMilkshake
The PS2 was packed with ****ty graphics.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 JLF1

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]The PS2 was packed with may more kiddy shovelware. Hell it still continues as we speak.Johnny-n-Roger
The PS2 was packed with ****ty graphics.

It is packed with more quality games than any other system will get this gen.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 JLF1

Not Mario Sunshine. Not Super Monkey's Balls. Not Mario Slumber Party 12

Johnny-n-Roger

Please answer my question.

What do you think is "hardcore" or "mature games"?

I didn't ask you what you didn't think a hardcore game was.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#114 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

Yes I have given time to play a wide varity of Wii games. Yes I freely admit some are fun to play but none have been able to keep my attention. I also admit its fun to play with a group. I really dont know why I dislike the Wii. Something about it is a really big turn off. clyde46

This is when you know you have fanboy in your roots. You may not be a fanboy, but bias is strong in this one. :P

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 kansasdude2009

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"]

Johnny-n-Roger

Where did you get the idea that your opinion of what a serious gamer is somehow the law?

The GameCube has a ton of great games. Some unmatched on other systems with several GOTY awards.

I dare you to get every single star in Super Mario Sunshine. Though, I like how JLF1 handled this comment. Just answer his question.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Johnny-n-Roger

What do think is "hardcore" or "mature games"?

JLF1

Nothing that the GCN had to offer. Resident Evil 4 ported to the PS2 with better graphics, sound, and physics. Metal Gear Twin Schlongs was a remake that ruined a great game. All GCN games were slumber party games and n00b graphics.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GundamGuy0

[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] How is it? The damn console is designed like a Polly Pocket and looks like a purse. It was lacking 3rd party support, a majority of its library consisting of kiddy Nintendo games. That is not opinion it is fact. No serious gamer owned a GCN.

Johnny-n-Roger

Serious gamers don't play game of the years? What are you talking about... serious gamers love the GC... it was lacking some quantity, but boy did it have quality.

:lol: ok. You must have been 12 last generation.

Attacking me instead of the argument... a clear sign your losing. BTW I'm 22 now, so I guess I was 17...
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Johnny-n-Roger

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"]

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Where did you get the idea that your opinion of what a serious gamer is somehow the law?

kansasdude2009

I dare you to get every single star in Super Mario Sunshine. Though, I like how JLF1 handled this comment. Just answer his question.

You'd have to pay me to do that. The game is so awful. It's difficult because of poor design. I feel bad for the kids that got this for Christmas.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GundamGuy0

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Johnny-n-Roger

Nothing that the GCN had to offer. Resident Evil 4 ported to the PS2 with better graphics, sound, and physics. Metal Gear Twin Schlongs was a remake that ruined a great game. All GCN games were slumber party games and n00b graphics.

RE4 on the PS2 has better graphics... LOL. Wow. fail. You know you should just admit it when you are wrong.

villa4europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 villa4europe
Member since 2004 • 7081 Posts

the GC had a GOTY contender come out every 8 or 9 months but then absolutely nothing inbetween, i had a cube and liked it alot, but could i have had one by itself? no chance in hell there were times when it went months without anything barely decent let alone good

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GundamGuy0

the GC had a GOTY contender come out every 8 or 9 months but then absolutely nothing inbetween, i had a cube and liked it alot, but could i have had one by itself? no chance in hell there were times when it went months without anything barely decent let alone good

villa4europe
Of course no one suggested only having a Cube... I had a PS2 also...
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Johnny-n-Roger

You still haven't answered my initial question.

You do know that stating that the Gamecube didn't have one hardcore game you pretty much shot a hole in the PS2's and Xbox's library when it comes to "hardcore" games.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 GundamGuy0

[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] :lol: ok. You must have been 12 last generation.

Johnny-n-Roger

Attacking me instead of the argument... a clear sign your losing. BTW I'm 22 now, so I guess I was 17...

So you got picked on alot? Did you still have your collection of Pokemon cards?

No, surprisingly no one cares what games you play unless your the kind of person who wants to fight about it. And I was never into Pokemon cards... I collected Star Wars CCG cards, and played Magic the Gathering.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#128 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Why still argue with him? He's never going to agree with you.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#129 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Punch Out is the only game that I have interest in of those titles. And even then I don't know if I'll get PO anytime soon considering I think it'll be a short lived title in terms of play time.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 JLF1

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

GundamGuy0

Of course no one suggested only having a Cube... I had a PS2 also...

This is why I own multiple consoles.

In 2007 my PS3 didn't get much playing-time but my Wii did, in 2008 it was the opposite. This year it's both and I'm having a hard time catching up.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GundamGuy0

You'd have to be hardcore to play kiddy games at 20 years old and not worrying about getting made fun of.

Johnny-n-Roger

No one will make fun of you unless they are insecure about their masculinity. Most people you hang around with by the time you turn 20 wont care anymore about what games you play.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 JLF1

You'd have to be hardcore to play kiddy games at 20 years old and not worrying about getting made fun of.

Johnny-n-Roger

Still jumping around my question I see.

I'm old enough to know that it isn't the type of games I play that defines who I am. It's my actions on other much more important situations that does.

Elemanopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Elemanopee
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"]

JLF1

I'm old enough to know that it isn't the type of games I play that defines who I am. It's my actions on other much more important situations that does.

He's a 14 year old fanboy.... go easy on him :)
Elemanopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Elemanopee
[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]Why still argue with him? He's never going to agree with you.Johnny-n-Roger
:roll: Sometimes I think I'm the only intelligent forumite in here.

I was kinda thinking the opposite.
deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#138 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

5 exclusives AA/AAA coming out NOW Punch Out, Anno , Excitebots, Little Kings Story, Boom Blox 2...... Maybe thats why theres so many sheep in here nowElemanopee

XD really? nice comback. o well whatever makes you sleep at night.....

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 JLF1

[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] You'd have to be hardcore to play kiddy games at 20 years old and not worrying about getting made fun of.

Johnny-n-Roger

No one will make fun of you unless they are insecure about their masculinity. Most people you hang around with by the time you turn 20 wont care anymore about what games you play.

Because the friends you don't have will never see you play them.

You see, playing on the console that this gens casual wave think is awesome isn't really going to hurt you.

Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ek-Andy

Punch Out is the only game that I have interest in of those titles. And even then I don't know if I'll get PO anytime soon considering I think it'll be a short lived title in terms of play time.

-RPGamer-

What about Little Kings Story? I'm not exactly sure how it plays, but it seems the sort of game an RPG player would appreciate. By the looks of it, it could be a greatly underapreciated game. On the other hand it might be disapointing. Still, to me it looks promising and the reviews seem mostly positive.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] You'd have to be hardcore to play kiddy games at 20 years old and not worrying about getting made fun of.

I would rather have no friends at all, then friends who don't accept me for who I am. Lucky for me I don't have that problem.
Elemanopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Elemanopee

[QUOTE="Elemanopee"][QUOTE="JLF1"]

Johnny-n-Roger

He's a 14 year old fanboy.... go easy on him :)

Says the Nintendo fanboy. I'll bet you have one of those shirts that says little mario + mushroom = Big Mario = I've never been laid.

I bet you have one of those shirts that says "I havent won an argument all day and I'm going to get banned"
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 JLF1

What question do you want me to answer? Pikmin? Animal Crossing?

Johnny-n-Roger

What games do you define as "Hardcore" and/or "Mature"?

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 kansasdude2009
[QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"][QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

confirmed: insecure about their masculinity.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 kansasdude2009

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] Because the friends you don't have will never see you play them.Johnny-n-Roger

confirmed: insecure about their masculinity.

The trojan magnum in my wallet begs to differ.

no, that confirmed it even more. :lol:
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
I don't know how people can even dispute this. so far this year it has the following exclusives (depending on your territory) -Little King's Story -Excitebots -HOTD Overkill -Koroninpa -Klonoa -Madworld -Boom blox as well as by far the best version of pro evo 2009 (which is also completely unique so it's practically an exclusive). it also has the best version of anno and broken sword directors cut. wii is ruling this year while the Ps3 is floundering with its one good exclusive generic fps.
Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Ek-Andy

[QUOTE="Elemanopee"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] Because the friends you don't have will never see you play them.Johnny-n-Roger

You see, playing on the console this gens casual wave think is awesome isn't really going to hurt you.

I'm not a n00b. I don't play n00b games. I play real games like Call of Casuals 4

Why do I get the feeling that either your going a bit crazy or someone has accessed your account when they arn't supposed to.