Wii games making HUGE comeback

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] ill have you know, my GF has one. So I have played it quite alot. And yes I still hate the Wii. Games are bland, I've yet to play one game that will hold my interest for more than 5mins. The Wiimote is very unresponsive, the cursors dance around the screen. I could go on listing why I hate it but when you look at it, I'm a hardcore gamer so the Wii doesnt appeal to me personally however my GF is what the industry calls a casual gamer so she loves the Wii.

clyde46

i'm playing my Wii right now and the cursor isn't doing anything i'd call "dancing" and i just finished an online match of Onslaught, controls worked pretty well there and i think the match lasted for more than 5 minutes. Not to mention all the hours i've spent playing Mario Kart online, Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, did i mention i was playing Zack & Wiki and the Wiimote seemed fine.

And if you're a hardcore gamer, wouldn't you be able to find something on the Wii, or all systems, and appreciate it for what it is? You can't find anything of the 150 or so good titles on Wii? no Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid, Okami, Boom Blox, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Final Fantasy, and others? none of those hundreds of Wii, WiiWare, VC games interest you? I suppose World of Goo you can play on PC, but that isn't even compelling to you? Swords and Soldiers?

Different tastes I suppose, I sincerely hope you've given time to alot of Wii games and not found interest in them, uninformed opinions never really tell the whole truth

And btw, how can you hate something that brings the person you love so much joy? (if she enjoys it that is)

Yes I have given time to play a wide varity of Wii games. Yes I freely admit some are fun to play but none have been able to keep my attention. I also admit its fun to play with a group. I really dont know why I dislike the Wii. Something about it is a really big turn off.

Well your Wii could turn you on if your GF is one of those Wii Fit girls,.. amirite or amirite? just kidding. so if you enjoy from time to time, and it isn't your main console and it isn't really yours (as your GF has taken it over) than why dislike it? you don't seem to like it very much, but that doesn't have to mean you dislike it. like you've got no problem with it, you just have no good things with it either. i've been that way with my PS3 for a year since MGS4 came out. other than LBP , Crash Commando, Pixel Junk, Worms, nothing has really grabbed me about it. the only game i own it for is MGO, which i love. but other than that, its kinda like what you describe yourself with wii

nothing great but it has moments where its enjoyable.

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

Wii will never have the amount of AAA's OR AA's the lead (lead in quality games not sales) console has unless something insane happens.

The Wii will go down in history as the only console, the ONLY console ever, to have lead (by far) in sales but also lag far behind in AAA's and AA's.

Perhaps that's why Wii fanboys, those that are left at least,seem so defensive and vocal.

So... comeback? Do you realize how much ground it has to make up before it comes anywhere close to taking the lead in AAA's or AA's?!?

And now I'll go back to not posting in System Wars. This one post fulfills the weekly ration.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

Wii will never have the amount of AAA's OR AA's the lead (lead in quality games not sales) console has unless something insane happens.

The Wii will go down in history as the only console, the ONLY console ever, to have lead (by far) in sales but also lag far behind in AAA's and AA's.

Perhaps that's why Wii fanboys, those that are left at least,seem so defensive and vocal.

So... comeback? Do you realize how much ground it has to make up before it comes anywhere close to taking the lead in AAA's or AA's?!?

RuprechtMonkey
Take it easy. Scores don't run the world.
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#54 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

Sales don't run SW.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 OreoMilkshake
Who says they do?
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RuprechtMonkey

[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

OreoMilkshake

Haha, I always take it easy.

And to tell someone it's silly to base anything on scores in response to something posted in a thread whose entire purpose and premise is based completely on scores is kind of.... silly. What I posted is definitely relevant in athread centered completely around Wii game scores.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 OreoMilkshake
Maybe because IGN's scores have no meaning on Gamespot.
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RuprechtMonkey

Maybe because IGN's scores have no meaning on Gamespot.OreoMilkshake

When I said the Wii lags far behind in AAA's and AA's I didn't just base it on IGN.

It can be based on 1up, GS, IGN, GR, MC, or any critical review site.

The Wii doesn't take the AAA / AA crown on any of them.

Anyway, gotta get back to work.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] ill have you know, my GF has one. So I have played it quite alot. And yes I still hate the Wii. Games are bland, I've yet to play one game that will hold my interest for more than 5mins. The Wiimote is very unresponsive, the cursors dance around the screen. I could go on listing why I hate it but when you look at it, I'm a hardcore gamer so the Wii doesnt appeal to me personally however my GF is what the industry calls a casual gamer so she loves the Wii.

clyde46

i'm playing my Wii right now and the cursor isn't doing anything i'd call "dancing" and i just finished an online match of Onslaught, controls worked pretty well there and i think the match lasted for more than 5 minutes. Not to mention all the hours i've spent playing Mario Kart online, Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, did i mention i was playing Zack & Wiki and the Wiimote seemed fine.

And if you're a hardcore gamer, wouldn't you be able to find something on the Wii, or all systems, and appreciate it for what it is? You can't find anything of the 150 or so good titles on Wii? no Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid, Okami, Boom Blox, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Final Fantasy, and others? none of those hundreds of Wii, WiiWare, VC games interest you? I suppose World of Goo you can play on PC, but that isn't even compelling to you? Swords and Soldiers?

Different tastes I suppose, I sincerely hope you've given time to alot of Wii games and not found interest in them, uninformed opinions never really tell the whole truth

And btw, how can you hate something that brings the person you love so much joy? (if she enjoys it that is)

Yes I have given time to play a wide varity of Wii games. Yes I freely admit some are fun to play but none have been able to keep my attention. I also admit its fun to play with a group. I really dont know why I dislike the Wii. Something about it is a really big turn off.

I'm the same way, except i know what it is that turns me off. Its the graphics. Some may call me shallow, but i would rather just play my PS2 if i wanted those graphics.

-snorlax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -snorlax-
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"] I never said that. You would have to admit though, that Wii gets the most unjustified hate.

First the fanboys say that it doesn't have the "quality" AA and AAA games and then when it does get them it's all "but I don't like those kinds of games".

STRETCH-E

So what was your opinion of the PS3 in 06-07?

It better be positive otherwise it's uninformed.

dont act all innocent. all u do is bash the wii on here.
TOOLFRENZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 TOOLFRENZY
Member since 2004 • 571 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="tbone29"] New to gaming?GundamGuy0
In this gen, not having HD graphics is like taking a cow to a beauty contest.

Beauty contests are meaningless... that aside... having both an HD console and an SD console hooked up to my HDTV right now... I can say I still enjoy the SD console.

How are you able to get your Wii to look good on the HDTV? My wii looked aweful on mine. I tried desperately for months trying to fix the problem. I tried the cables, and other things, but it simply wouldn't look better. Wound up selling it :cry: Luckily I got to experience Mario Galaxy on a standard TV before I made the LCD switch and loved it. :D

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

ill have you know, my GF has one. So I have played it quite alot. And yes I still hate the Wii. Games are bland, I've yet to play one game that will hold my interest for more than 5mins. The Wiimote is very unresponsive, the cursors dance around the screen. I could go on listing why I hate it but when you look at it, I'm a hardcore gamer so the Wii doesnt appeal to me personally however my GF is what the industry calls a casual gamer so she loves the Wii.

clyde46

And still, you have no idea how to use the system. Dancing curser? LOL.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

And now I'll go back to not posting in System Wars. This one post fulfills the weekly ration.

RuprechtMonkey
You know the Gamecube had the lowest sales last gen, and the least amount of good games yet it is still considered a great console. Im pretty sure the same thing will happen to the wii next generation, except with the most sales.
Elemanopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Elemanopee
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts
[QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

Scythes777
You know the Gamecube had the lowest sales last gen, and the least amount of good games yet it is still considered a great console. Im pretty sure the same thing will happen to the wii next generation, except with the most sales.

I disagree. GC had better games than the Xbox.
Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#65 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
[QUOTE="Elemanopee"][QUOTE="Scythes777"][QUOTE="RuprechtMonkey"]

Well you're wrong. Facts don't lie.
Elemanopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Elemanopee
[QUOTE="Elemanopee"][QUOTE="Scythes777"] You know the Gamecube had the lowest sales last gen, and the least amount of good games yet it is still considered a great console. Im pretty sure the same thing will happen to the wii next generation, except with the most sales.Johnny-n-Roger

Well you're wrong. Facts don't lie.

lmao... so now your arguing facts? I thought it was 'opinion'.
Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
"It's true. 95% of the Wii bashing comes from those who don't own the system and have only toyed with it at their local Gamestop for five minutes. SW at its finest." I've had Wii for over a year. The only possibly good games are coming out later this year. That says something.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

I've had Wii for over a year. The only possibly good games are coming out later this year. That says something. sonicthemegaman

About you or the system?

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#69 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

The Wii to me still is nothing compared to gaming on my PC & Xbox 360. I never liked Zelda & grew out of Mario years ago. Most other games either just feel to kiddy or simlilar games that are mediocre on other platforms are still much better.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

5 exclusives AA/AAA coming out NOW Excitebots, Anno, Punch Out Little Kings Story Boom Blox 2 Maybe thats why theres so many sheep in here nowElemanopee

Anno isn't exclusive.

sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sonicthemegaman
"About you or the system?" The system. Sonic and the Black Knight has been the only really good game. Only till now has Wii been given a chance to redem itself. TvC, TMNT:SU, and ToG are the only games annoucned lately that look fun.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 OreoMilkshake
[QUOTE="sonicthemegaman"]"About you or the system?" The system. Sonic and the Black Knight has been the only really good game. Only till now has Wii been given a chance to redem itself. TvC, TMNT:SU, and ToG are the only games annoucned lately that look fun.

My sarcasm meter is off the chart.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

No, not a huge comeback. Its getting alot of potentially great games but it has a long way to go to be considered a comeback, library wise. Great exlusives though, better than the 360 and PS3 IMO.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="Elemanopee"]5 exclusives AA/AAA coming out NOW Excitebots, Anno, Punch Out Little Kings Story Boom Blox 2 Maybe thats why theres so many sheep in here now

don't forget swords and soldiers
-snorlax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -snorlax-

No, not a huge comeback. Its getting alot of potentially great games but it has a long way to go to be considered a comeback, library wise. Great exlusives though, better than the 360 and PS3 IMO.

-Oath
nice balanced perspective. the wii is getting better software wise but it still has ways to go.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
excitebots haha ur joking right :|
Elemanopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Elemanopee
excitebots haha ur joking right :|stereointegrity
It scored AA on gamespot. Self ownage.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
excitebots haha ur joking right :|stereointegrity
AA's are jokes now?
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="sonicthemegaman"]"It's true. 95% of the Wii bashing comes from those who don't own the system and have only toyed with it at their local Gamestop for five minutes. SW at its finest." I've had Wii for over a year. The only possibly good games are coming out later this year. That says something.

i own one and only play brawl.......every other game ive seen has that rush it so it just sells.....
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

-snorlax-

nice balanced perspective. the wii is getting better software wise but it still has ways to go.

The tidal waves ofshovelware overshadow the great games.... alot.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#81 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Yep, it's getting some more As and AAs, more impressive than even 2008. I hope there's an AAA for the Wii this year. I'm finally turning on my Wii again.:P

sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sonicthemegaman
^true
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]excitebots haha ur joking right :|GundamGuy0
AA's are jokes now?

taking excitetrucks and putting new paint on it :|.....
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sonicthemegaman
"^true" i mean what oath said.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 OreoMilkshake
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]excitebots haha ur joking right :|stereointegrity
AA's are jokes now?

Or giving it a sequel.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 stereointegrity

Yep, it's getting some more As and AAs, more impressive than even 2008. I hope there's an AAA for the Wii this year. I'm finally turning on my Wii again.:P

mitu123
mine never stays off with too much brawl tournaments....
-snorlax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 -snorlax-

[QUOTE="-snorlax-"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

yup thats what hurts wiis reputation. I hope sales plumment for shovelware so devs can stop making them on the wii.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]excitebots haha ur joking right :|stereointegrity
AA's are jokes now?

and GS still gave it AA... must have been one hell of a paint job.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="-snorlax-"] nice balanced perspective. the wii is getting better software wise but it still has ways to go.-snorlax-

yup thats what hurts wiis reputation. I hope sales plumment for shovelware so devs can stop making them on the wii.

We both know that will never happen... because Shovelware is so cheap to make... it doesn't have to sell much of anything to be profitable.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

stereointegrity

Yeah, but I don't play Brawl that much, I used to when I 1st got it. I was busy on 360, Nintendo DS and PC, but the Wii looks like it needs to be turned on again.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

Yeah, but I don't play Brawl that much, I used to when I 1st got it. I was busy on 360, Nintendo DS and PC, but the Wii looks like it needs to be turned on again.

i cant ever choose between ps3 pc and wii.....mostly latley i cant stop playing L4D
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]mine never stays off with too much brawl tournaments....stereointegrity

i cant ever choose between ps3 pc and wii.....mostly latley i cant stop playing L4D

Why not? Yeah, L4D is great multiplayer wise.
habkeinbock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 habkeinbock
Member since 2009 • 1189 Posts

[QUOTE="Elemanopee"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] Well you're wrong. Facts don't lie.Johnny-n-Roger

The Gamecube was a kiddy console. That is not opinion. :|

was ? they changed it ? cool

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="Elemanopee"][QUOTE="Johnny-n-Roger"] Well you're wrong. Facts don't lie.Johnny-n-Roger

The Gamecube was a kiddy console. That is not opinion. :|

It also won 3 more game of the year awards then the Mature Xbox.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#96 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

Right when someone doesn't like a Wii game it's because he's uninformed.
When someone doesn't like a PS3/360/PC game, it's all systems go.

siLVURcross

It's true. 95% of the Wii bashing comes from those who don't own the system and have only toyed with it at their local Gamestop for five minutes. SW at its finest. ;)

ill have you know, my GF has one. So I have played it quite alot. And yes I still hate the Wii. Games are bland, I've yet to play one game that will hold my interest for more than 5mins. The Wiimote is very unresponsive, the cursors dance around the screen. I could go on listing why I hate it but when you look at it, I'm a hardcore gamer so the Wii doesnt appeal to me personally however my GF is what the industry calls a casual gamer so she loves the Wii.

blame on your gfs tastes.Sorry man, is true.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Punch-Out!! and Boom Blox 2 for me. The others....eh. Maybe.
Avatar image for PlayStation_003
PlayStation_003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 PlayStation_003
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts
Is that all?