Wii 2, Wii U 2 or GameCube 2? (NEXT NINTENDO CONSOLE)

• 52 results
Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2160 posts) 2 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Wii 2, Wii U 2 or GameCube 2? (NEXT NINTENDO CONSOLE) (40 votes)

Wii 2 (Powerful, online, Wii Remote) 13%
Wii 2 (Weak but cheap, Wii Remote) 10%
Wii U 2(Powerful, online, Gamepad) 28%
Wii U 2(Weak but cheap, Gamepad) 3%
GameCube 2 (Powerful, online, classic controller) 45%
GameCube 2 (Weak but cheap, classic controller) 3%

Should they make powerful console with online and having Wii controller(and having HD, very accurate gameplay like Wii Sports remake, Mario Galaxy), or they should make console with classic controller, or console with something new we never seen before?

I say Nintendo should make Wii 2, powerful console with ONLINE(YES, SO FAR WE HAVE NO ONLINE, MOSTLY DEAD AND UNRANKED) and with WII REMOTE!!! I want Sports games like Wii Sports to have party games with friends or against online players.

Wii U gamepad is worthless and Nintendo with classic controller is also worthless because we already have Playstation and Xbox already.

#1 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

Come out with a new name why does it have to follow this dumbass 'Wii' thingy

#2 Posted by lostrib (35068 posts) -

All those names are stupid

#3 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2160 posts) -

If it come out with a new name then this means it does not use Wii remote, gamepad or classic controller. So it can be only hand free controller(like Kinect), then it can have new name but when console uses Wii remote then its Wii 2, Gamepay = Wii U 2, or classic controller = gamecube 2

#4 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

Is not wii u basically is Wii 2??

#5 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1427 posts) -

your threads are something a 6 year old would make.

#6 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2160 posts) -

Nope. Wii U is not Wii 2 at all.

Wii uses remote, Wii U uses gamepad.

You can´t say Kinect is Xbox 2 because Kinect is camera and Xbox uses controller. So nope. It´s not Wii 2, it´s new brand

#7 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

You can´t say Kinect is Xbox 2 because Kinect is camera and Xbox uses controller. So nope. It´s not Wii 2, it´s new brand

but is not its 8th generation nintendo console?

#8 Posted by lostrib (35068 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: considering they named it wiiU it's not a new brand. Keyword being Wii

#9 Posted by santoron (7702 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

If it come out with a new name then this means it does not use Wii remote, gamepad or classic controller. So it can be only hand free controller(like Kinect), then it can have new name but when console uses Wii remote then its Wii 2, Gamepay = Wii U 2, or classic controller = gamecube 2

Why would you assume that? The Gamecube, N64, SNES, and NES all used a "classic" controller, adn went with different names.

Did I just blow your mind?

#11 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2160 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife: considering they named it wiiU it's not a new brand. Keyword being Wii

Ever heard of Wii Wheel, Wii Balance Board, Wii Zapper? Wii U is just add-on but not new console like Wii.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@system-reboot said:

but is not its 8th generation nintendo console?

It means nothing. Ever heard of movie reboots? Just because it´s 8th does not mean 9th console can´t be Wii 2 with Wii Remote. Right now we have U with gamepad, not with Remote.

#12 Edited by lostrib (35068 posts) -
#13 Edited by superbuuman (2713 posts) -

new console new name...none of this Wii crap. If Iwata is still in charge you can be sure it will be weaker than MS/Sony. Heck it may even just be a Wii U hardware on steroid...like how they put GC hardware on steroid & got the Wii. :P

#14 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4370 posts) -

They should bring back the Entertainment System name. Also would prefer it not to really be powerful but not weak, would like it to be right in the middle and traditional controller maybe with a small new spin on it.

#15 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (720 posts) -

TC there won't be anything with "2". They never used numbers on their consoles.

If that was the case their next console would be called Nintendo 7 since it will be their 7th console.

#16 Edited by yokofox33 (29407 posts) -

As I've said before it should be Wii U2. Have it be endorsed by Bono. It'll sell like hotcakes in Australia and all those countries he helps.

#17 Posted by ChronosChris (218 posts) -

None of those. Wii always was a daft name and putting a 2 on the end is going to change that. Time to come up with something completely new.

#18 Posted by DocSanchez (1584 posts) -

Wii U Them.

#19 Posted by Life-is-a-Game (556 posts) -

Wii, U and I .. that's the perfect name for Nintendo's next system

#20 Edited by MirkoS77 (7210 posts) -

Nintendo's hardware is basically irrelevant outside of the interface. They are only going to do as much as is needed to make the games they want. I suspect after the jump to HD, there's really not much else Nintendo could care for spec-wise and we will see nothing but small incremental jumps to be able to include certain hardware contingent features. Unless two things change: Nintendo begins caring about offering a platform of parity to once again help attract third parties (doubtful), or Takeda gets booted out of the board of Ds.

Their hardware as it stands now fits their philosophy perfectly: cheap enough to make and profit right off the shelf, and powerful enough to realize their ambitions. They're not going to adopt Sony and MS's 'take a loss on hardware to make up for it on software' attitude, and rightfully so considering the problems they have getting enough games out on their systems in a respectful timeframe as is. It'd be suicide. In fact, I don't think they really have a choice in how powerful they want their consoles to be until they rectify their software issues.

#21 Posted by Heirren (16654 posts) -

It won't have the wii name, and it is likely Nintendo will take some level of risk and put a little more power in the box. It is likely to be more traditional, yet support controllers from past consoles like the wii/wiiu. Maybe not game bc for all past consoles, but the option to use X control scheme.

#22 Edited by KungfuKitten (20905 posts) -

The next Nintendo console will be a Steambox with Nintendo hardware that plays Nintendo games with a Nintendo controller and makes use of Steam servers.

Or that is what I hope ^__^

I suppose that it would be complicated because Nintendo will need to ensure a family friendly device and Steam isn't exactly family friendly. So the interface for accessing Steam games and adding Steam friends would have to be Nintendo-fied.
Still I hope both see the potential for such a colaboration depending on how creative they think about this.

#23 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7262 posts) -

Really? You're serious?

If anyone ever needed additional proof that you have no clue what you're talking about, this is it. If you knew anything at all about the Wii U, you would know that it is backwards compatible with Wii peripherals. You can use the wiimote in the dashboard to select the software you want, and there are games that support the wiimote/nunchuck control scheme.

#24 Edited by SecretPolice (21561 posts) -

Wii U Mii..... fur chur. :P

#25 Posted by Telekill (4433 posts) -

Nintendo has a lot of catching up to do for me to consider buying another one of their systems. They've lost most of their credibility with me as they went from a great system like Gamecube (my favorite Nintendo console) to the Wii which in my opinion was complete crap mostly due to the controller. WiiU hasn't changed my mind, so I doubt their next system will either.

#26 Posted by foxhound_fox (87839 posts) -

The next Nintendo console won't be necessary until approximately 2017 at the earliest. And it probably will be just like the Wii U, moderately powerful for the time and have some sort of gimmick that helps grab attention.

The current Nintendo console is at the point of turnaround that the 3DS experienced. And as history has proven, the most powerful console never wins the generation.

#27 Edited by farrell2k (5824 posts) -

My god, this is a terrible thread.

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (17012 posts) -

I say it'll be new name, more powerful, but by the time the PS5 and next xbox come out it will be where WiiU is.

#29 Posted by Kjranu (938 posts) -

No shit, Sherlock.

#30 Posted by MonsieurX (29737 posts) -

Meh,standard level of OP's quality

#31 Posted by DrKillByDeath84 (376 posts) -

SuperWiiCube U

#32 Posted by LordQuorthon (5294 posts) -

THE SUPER VIDEO GAME MACHINE FOR HARDCORE MATURE GAMES WITH 8 TERABYTES OF DDR16 RAM ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.

#33 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

I don't get it, what is fueling the stereotype that the Wii u was terrible online services? That just proves you don't own one . Mario Kart 8's online is top notch, it doesn't have the lag like the Wii had. It's easy to hop in another players game from your friends list and from the game's menu. Monster Hunter 3, no lag. Please explain why this false stereotype lives on.

#34 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6248 posts) -

Super Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System (SUNES)

Fucking bring it on, muddafuckaz!!!!

#35 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5849 posts) -

I'd like a proper console (ie. like Gamecube), with the option of the Gamepad & a proper controller.

#36 Edited by Speak_Low (978 posts) -

The results are in. Sheep - the group who has typed "I dont care about graphics, hardware power or third-party support" more than anyone else, want LOTS of power with the Nintendo successor in order to compete (or at least much more power than whatever they put into that underpowered Wii U).

The threatening competition from Sony and MS and the severe (and utterly painful) lack of AAA multiplat games announced at E3 for the Wii U has probably made them realize that Nintendo actually has to take this next console seriously and stop being so insular and restrictive towards the goals of outside developers. And so it took many years of straight fiscal losses and deteriorating third-party relationships to be their vigorous shot of espresso to wake them into action. Sheep are basically voting and agreeing with things the critics have said about about Nintendo for years. Plain and simple - Nintendo's new console will need way more support/games than what it received on the Wii U in order to succeed, and a huge hardware upgrade is one of the first things that's absolutely needed (and this says a lot about their defenses about the Wii U's power and how it was "more than adequate" to last the entire generation).

Sony and Microsoft's relative success arising from their (better?) hardware decisions is making Nintendo and Sheep scratch their chins ponderously, and say, "I tink some of what they do kinda-maybe-sorta makes sense now"

Maybe that jaw-dropping 1080p Uncharted 4 trailer of an unconscious Nathan waking up from the sand was a metaphor of sorts for them.

#37 Posted by osan0 (12649 posts) -

a wii 2 with an enhanced wiimote and nunchuck. doesnt need to go mad on the power but something 4-5 times more powerful than a PS4 would be grand.

the wiiu is an evolutionary dead end and a copy of sony and MSs consoles will lead to utter destruction for nintendo.

there is sooooooo much untapped potential in the idea of the wii but they need to take another crack at it. the wii itself was a good first shot but it was a bit like the nes....many issues that need a new console gen to resolve.

#38 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13556 posts) -

They should seriously name it the gamecube 2.

either that or WiifuckedUp.

#39 Edited by CDWJUSTIN (2066 posts) -

Nintendo has never added a number to their consoles and NEVER will... TARD

#40 Edited by wolverine4262 (19090 posts) -

N64-2

#41 Posted by super600 (30395 posts) -

The results are in. Sheep - the group who has typed "I dont care about graphics, hardware power or third-party support" more than anyone else, want LOTS of power with the Nintendo successor in order to compete (or at least much more power than whatever they put into that underpowered Wii U).

The threatening competition from Sony and MS and the severe (and utterly painful) lack of AAA multiplat games announced at E3 for the Wii U has probably made them realize that Nintendo actually has to take this next console seriously and stop being so insular and restrictive towards the goals of outside developers. And so it took many years of straight fiscal losses and deteriorating third-party relationships to be their vigorous shot of espresso to wake them into action. Sheep are basically voting and agreeing with things the critics have said about about Nintendo for years. Plain and simple - Nintendo's new console will need way more support/games than what it received on the Wii U in order to succeed, and a huge hardware upgrade is one of the first things that's absolutely needed (and this says a lot about their defenses about the Wii U's power and how it was "more than adequate" to last the entire generation).

Sony and Microsoft's relative success arising from their (better?) hardware decisions is making Nintendo and Sheep scratch their chins ponderously, and say, "I tink some of what they do kinda-maybe-sorta makes sense now"

Maybe that jaw-dropping 1080p Uncharted 4 trailer of an unconscious Nathan waking up from the sand was a metaphor of sorts for them.

Nintendo will never produce a super powerful console so I don't know why people want nintendo to. They want to make their next console affordable($199-$299) most likely when it launches. I think nintendo gave up trying to go after the big western third parties after the WiiU's disastrous launch.They will just find another way to increase software output and focus on building their own unique platform.

#42 Posted by lamprey263 (23300 posts) -

Wii U 2, I liked the GamePad, it also has Wiimote functionality.

#43 Posted by drummerdave9099 (656 posts) -

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

Nintendo will never produce a super powerful console so I don't know why people want nintendo to. They want to make their next console affordable($199-$299) most likely when it launches. I think nintendo gave up trying to go after the big western third parties after the WiiU's disastrous launch.They will just find another way to increase software output and focus on building their own unique platform.

Totally agree with you. If they put out a console that was fairly priced, and released a decent game on it every 2 months I would be sold. WiiU would be incredible now if it weren't for the game droughts.

#44 Posted by PinchySkree (59 posts) -

Mega Nintendo.

Then make it a powerhouse with few but excellent games that actually meet the standard of what was out in the late 90's.

#45 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

Started with NES, Nintendo. Then on to SNES, Super Nintendo. They should make a Ultra Mega Hyper Super Nintendo.

#46 Posted by handssss (1827 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

the wii u uses both. and other gamepads. But it is hardly worthy of being called a successor.

#47 Edited by Speak_Low (978 posts) -

@drummerdave9099 said:

@super600 said:

Totally agree with you. If they put out a console that was fairly priced, and released a decent game on it every 2 months I would be sold. WiiU would be incredible now if it weren't for the game droughts.

I'm not expecting them to make the most powerful console that would surpass PS4 or high-end PCs. That would be too much of a risk for them when they don't even have enough guaranteed third-party support that would help utilize that expensive new hardware.

I know there's pros and cons to having a powerful vs. cheaper console (personally I think there's far more advantages with the former), but if they just went the cheaper route than why isn't the Wii U selling better today at $300? It's the cheapest, has BC and bundles, free online and even uses the Wii-motes. How much better could Nintendo line things up to attract that $199-$299 audience you're talking about? And yet they are not there (unless someone wants to admit the Gamepad is in large part to blame).

Even if Nintendo's next console was $199 (very unlikely considering how difficult it would be to earn profit to offset initial manufacturing/R&D/marketing costs) it would only face similar problems the Wii U is going through now. We're just going to see a unpleasant encore of fiscal troubles and lots of nail-biting at Nintendo HQ, if you ask me. Different console, same situation. Still no firm, rallying support from third-parties on one end, months of droughts in the middle, and top it off with "not enough of a [visual] upgrade to justify purchase" from millions of consumers when they glance weekly at Target and Best Buy ads. I really don't understand why the cheaper casual/budget strategy would work better for the next console when those things I just mentioned are likely to repeat itself. It's happening right now on the Wii U so I am trying to figure out what makes "2016 onward" a different story for Nintendo if they're going to do similar things - and remembering that the PS4/X1 will be cheaper, software heavy and better-looking propositions themselves around that time.

And Nintendo increasing their software output, or releasing a decent game every 2 months (even with the help of 2nd/3rd party support) is also unlikely with the next console. They needed that now and they didn't do it.

We can see that Nintendo already takes a rather long time with the increased complexities and costs of HD production. If PS4 and X1 have so many software delays with devs needing extra time with new hardware and engines, how exactly would Nintendo speed things up with a more technically-complex successor (and will they stay with the familiar PowerPC architecture or go with x86?) There will probably be more quality AAA multiplats coming to it if they choose the latter, but more complications for Nintendo themselves who are probably not familiar with that standard yet.

Going with a more powerful console is fraught with some distasteful side effects that even Sony and MS have to deal with and eventually pass through. But I still think there's a better chance to regain the third-party support that the Wii U so quickly lost this generation. If you're saying that reclaiming the vital support of third-parties is a lost hope (you do seem to have more hope that casuals will somehow come back than third-parties) then I think Nintendo will have always have trouble succeeding if they just want to make a Nintendo-only console. They sort of have that situation now and are losing money.

#48 Posted by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

They will go with a unique naming convention for Gen9.

#49 Posted by Liquid_ (2462 posts) -

Nintendo Woo

#50 Posted by Flubbbs (2998 posts) -

Nintendo Revolution.. that was such an awesome console name they should of went with instead of Wii