Wii 2, Wii U 2 or GameCube 2? (NEXT NINTENDO CONSOLE)

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Wii 2, Wii U 2 or GameCube 2? (NEXT NINTENDO CONSOLE) (40 votes)

Wii 2 (Powerful, online, Wii Remote) 13%
Wii 2 (Weak but cheap, Wii Remote) 10%
Wii U 2(Powerful, online, Gamepad) 28%
Wii U 2(Weak but cheap, Gamepad) 3%
GameCube 2 (Powerful, online, classic controller) 45%
GameCube 2 (Weak but cheap, classic controller) 3%

Should they make powerful console with online and having Wii controller(and having HD, very accurate gameplay like Wii Sports remake, Mario Galaxy), or they should make console with classic controller, or console with something new we never seen before?

I say Nintendo should make Wii 2, powerful console with ONLINE(YES, SO FAR WE HAVE NO ONLINE, MOSTLY DEAD AND UNRANKED) and with WII REMOTE!!! I want Sports games like Wii Sports to have party games with friends or against online players.

Wii U gamepad is worthless and Nintendo with classic controller is also worthless because we already have Playstation and Xbox already.

• 
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Come out with a new name why does it have to follow this dumbass 'Wii' thingy

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

All those names are stupid

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@silversix_ said:

If it come out with a new name then this means it does not use Wii remote, gamepad or classic controller. So it can be only hand free controller(like Kinect), then it can have new name but when console uses Wii remote then its Wii 2, Gamepay = Wii U 2, or classic controller = gamecube 2

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

Is not wii u basically is Wii 2??

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

your threads are something a 6 year old would make.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreedomFreeLife

@system-reboot said:

Nope. Wii U is not Wii 2 at all.

Wii uses remote, Wii U uses gamepad.

You can´t say Kinect is Xbox 2 because Kinect is camera and Xbox uses controller. So nope. It´s not Wii 2, it´s new brand

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@system-reboot said:

You can´t say Kinect is Xbox 2 because Kinect is camera and Xbox uses controller. So nope. It´s not Wii 2, it´s new brand

but is not its 8th generation nintendo console?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife: considering they named it wiiU it's not a new brand. Keyword being Wii

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@silversix_ said:

If it come out with a new name then this means it does not use Wii remote, gamepad or classic controller. So it can be only hand free controller(like Kinect), then it can have new name but when console uses Wii remote then its Wii 2, Gamepay = Wii U 2, or classic controller = gamecube 2

Why would you assume that? The Gamecube, N64, SNES, and NES all used a "classic" controller, adn went with different names.

Did I just blow your mind?

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife: considering they named it wiiU it's not a new brand. Keyword being Wii

Ever heard of Wii Wheel, Wii Balance Board, Wii Zapper? Wii U is just add-on but not new console like Wii.

@system-reboot said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@system-reboot said:

but is not its 8th generation nintendo console?

It means nothing. Ever heard of movie reboots? Just because it´s 8th does not mean 9th console can´t be Wii 2 with Wii Remote. Right now we have U with gamepad, not with Remote.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife: it is a new console

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

new console new name...none of this Wii crap. If Iwata is still in charge you can be sure it will be weaker than MS/Sony. Heck it may even just be a Wii U hardware on steroid...like how they put GC hardware on steroid & got the Wii. :P

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

They should bring back the Entertainment System name. Also would prefer it not to really be powerful but not weak, would like it to be right in the middle and traditional controller maybe with a small new spin on it.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

TC there won't be anything with "2". They never used numbers on their consoles.

If that was the case their next console would be called Nintendo 7 since it will be their 7th console.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

As I've said before it should be Wii U2. Have it be endorsed by Bono. It'll sell like hotcakes in Australia and all those countries he helps.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Wii U Them.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Wii, U and I .. that's the perfect name for Nintendo's next system

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Nintendo's hardware is basically irrelevant outside of the interface. They are only going to do as much as is needed to make the games they want. I suspect after the jump to HD, there's really not much else Nintendo could care for spec-wise and we will see nothing but small incremental jumps to be able to include certain hardware contingent features. Unless two things change: Nintendo begins caring about offering a platform of parity to once again help attract third parties (doubtful), or Takeda gets booted out of the board of Ds.

Their hardware as it stands now fits their philosophy perfectly: cheap enough to make and profit right off the shelf, and powerful enough to realize their ambitions. They're not going to adopt Sony and MS's 'take a loss on hardware to make up for it on software' attitude, and rightfully so considering the problems they have getting enough games out on their systems in a respectful timeframe as is. It'd be suicide. In fact, I don't think they really have a choice in how powerful they want their consoles to be until they rectify their software issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It won't have the wii name, and it is likely Nintendo will take some level of risk and put a little more power in the box. It is likely to be more traditional, yet support controllers from past consoles like the wii/wiiu. Maybe not game bc for all past consoles, but the option to use X control scheme.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The next Nintendo console will be a Steambox with Nintendo hardware that plays Nintendo games with a Nintendo controller and makes use of Steam servers.

Or that is what I hope ^__^

I suppose that it would be complicated because Nintendo will need to ensure a family friendly device and Steam isn't exactly family friendly. So the interface for accessing Steam games and adding Steam friends would have to be Nintendo-fied.
Still I hope both see the potential for such a colaboration depending on how creative they think about this.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Really? You're serious?

If anyone ever needed additional proof that you have no clue what you're talking about, this is it. If you knew anything at all about the Wii U, you would know that it is backwards compatible with Wii peripherals. You can use the wiimote in the dashboard to select the software you want, and there are games that support the wiimote/nunchuck control scheme.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Wii U Mii..... fur chur. :P

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Nintendo has a lot of catching up to do for me to consider buying another one of their systems. They've lost most of their credibility with me as they went from a great system like Gamecube (my favorite Nintendo console) to the Wii which in my opinion was complete crap mostly due to the controller. WiiU hasn't changed my mind, so I doubt their next system will either.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The next Nintendo console won't be necessary until approximately 2017 at the earliest. And it probably will be just like the Wii U, moderately powerful for the time and have some sort of gimmick that helps grab attention.

The current Nintendo console is at the point of turnaround that the 3DS experienced. And as history has proven, the most powerful console never wins the generation.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#28 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I say it'll be new name, more powerful, but by the time the PS5 and next xbox come out it will be where WiiU is.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@farrell2k said:

My god, this is a terrible thread.

No shit, Sherlock.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@farrell2k said:

My god, this is a terrible thread.

Meh,standard level of OP's quality

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
DrKillByDeath84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrKillByDeath84
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

SuperWiiCube U

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

THE SUPER VIDEO GAME MACHINE FOR HARDCORE MATURE GAMES WITH 8 TERABYTES OF DDR16 RAM ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#33 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I don't get it, what is fueling the stereotype that the Wii u was terrible online services? That just proves you don't own one . Mario Kart 8's online is top notch, it doesn't have the lag like the Wii had. It's easy to hop in another players game from your friends list and from the game's menu. Monster Hunter 3, no lag. Please explain why this false stereotype lives on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Super Ultra Nintendo Entertainment System (SUNES)

Fucking bring it on, muddafuckaz!!!!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'd like a proper console (ie. like Gamecube), with the option of the Gamepad & a proper controller.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

a wii 2 with an enhanced wiimote and nunchuck. doesnt need to go mad on the power but something 4-5 times more powerful than a PS4 would be grand.

the wiiu is an evolutionary dead end and a copy of sony and MSs consoles will lead to utter destruction for nintendo.

there is sooooooo much untapped potential in the idea of the wii but they need to take another crack at it. the wii itself was a good first shot but it was a bit like the nes....many issues that need a new console gen to resolve.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

They should seriously name it the gamecube 2.

either that or WiifuckedUp.

CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

Nintendo has never added a number to their consoles and NEVER will... TARD

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

N64-2

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@speak_low said:

The results are in. Sheep - the group who has typed "I dont care about graphics, hardware power or third-party support" more than anyone else, want LOTS of power with the Nintendo successor in order to compete (or at least much more power than whatever they put into that underpowered Wii U).

The threatening competition from Sony and MS and the severe (and utterly painful) lack of AAA multiplat games announced at E3 for the Wii U has probably made them realize that Nintendo actually has to take this next console seriously and stop being so insular and restrictive towards the goals of outside developers. And so it took many years of straight fiscal losses and deteriorating third-party relationships to be their vigorous shot of espresso to wake them into action. Sheep are basically voting and agreeing with things the critics have said about about Nintendo for years. Plain and simple - Nintendo's new console will need way more support/games than what it received on the Wii U in order to succeed, and a huge hardware upgrade is one of the first things that's absolutely needed (and this says a lot about their defenses about the Wii U's power and how it was "more than adequate" to last the entire generation).

Sony and Microsoft's relative success arising from their (better?) hardware decisions is making Nintendo and Sheep scratch their chins ponderously, and say, "I tink some of what they do kinda-maybe-sorta makes sense now"

Maybe that jaw-dropping 1080p Uncharted 4 trailer of an unconscious Nathan waking up from the sand was a metaphor of sorts for them.

Nintendo will never produce a super powerful console so I don't know why people want nintendo to. They want to make their next console affordable($199-$299) most likely when it launches. I think nintendo gave up trying to go after the big western third parties after the WiiU's disastrous launch.They will just find another way to increase software output and focus on building their own unique platform.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

Wii U 2, I liked the GamePad, it also has Wiimote functionality.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

The results are in. Sheep - the group who has typed "I dont care about graphics, hardware power or third-party support" more than anyone else, want LOTS of power with the Nintendo successor in order to compete (or at least much more power than whatever they put into that underpowered Wii U).

The threatening competition from Sony and MS and the severe (and utterly painful) lack of AAA multiplat games announced at E3 for the Wii U has probably made them realize that Nintendo actually has to take this next console seriously and stop being so insular and restrictive towards the goals of outside developers. And so it took many years of straight fiscal losses and deteriorating third-party relationships to be their vigorous shot of espresso to wake them into action. Sheep are basically voting and agreeing with things the critics have said about about Nintendo for years. Plain and simple - Nintendo's new console will need way more support/games than what it received on the Wii U in order to succeed, and a huge hardware upgrade is one of the first things that's absolutely needed (and this says a lot about their defenses about the Wii U's power and how it was "more than adequate" to last the entire generation).

Sony and Microsoft's relative success arising from their (better?) hardware decisions is making Nintendo and Sheep scratch their chins ponderously, and say, "I tink some of what they do kinda-maybe-sorta makes sense now"

Maybe that jaw-dropping 1080p Uncharted 4 trailer of an unconscious Nathan waking up from the sand was a metaphor of sorts for them.

Nintendo will never produce a super powerful console so I don't know why people want nintendo to. They want to make their next console affordable($199-$299) most likely when it launches. I think nintendo gave up trying to go after the big western third parties after the WiiU's disastrous launch.They will just find another way to increase software output and focus on building their own unique platform.

Totally agree with you. If they put out a console that was fairly priced, and released a decent game on it every 2 months I would be sold. WiiU would be incredible now if it weren't for the game droughts.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Mega Nintendo.

Then make it a powerhouse with few but excellent games that actually meet the standard of what was out in the late 90's.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#45 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Started with NES, Nintendo. Then on to SNES, Super Nintendo. They should make a Ultra Mega Hyper Super Nintendo.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@system-reboot said:

the wii u uses both. and other gamepads. But it is hardly worthy of being called a successor.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

They will go with a unique naming convention for Gen9.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Nintendo Woo

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Nintendo Revolution.. that was such an awesome console name they should of went with instead of Wii