Wi Hurts Gaming

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Let me Rephrase this: M$ has 240 Billion they can spend

Sony has 56 Billion They can spend

Nintendo Has 46 billion they can spend.

To make a game you need to spend money. The more money you have, the mor you can spend on game development- Less money equalsless fordevelopment.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
[QUOTE="DSgamer64"]:lol: So how many games on the DS, PS3 or 360 actually require you to speak when playing hmm? Besides, the last thing I want is to hear crying from little immature kids who are getting pwned in games, its freaking annoying. The only games I bother to use a headset are Unreal Tournament and Counter Strike because in team play games you need them, otherwise they are annoying to use and are a complete waste of money.

Btw, your poor spelling hurts my eyes.

mathew952

Ever Played GRAW? Rainbow six? Command and conquer? Call of Duty? yes headsets are needed. Andannoying to use? Yes, plugging in the headset and sliding a switch to unmute takes a PHD.

You don't NEED a headset for Call of Duty, since its hardly team based. Ghost Recon and R6 Vegas possible because there is lots of team based play.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Have you ever played a teamwork-based game like Battlefield 2? At higher levels of play, voice communication is pretty much essential if you want your team to win.

Certainly its not needed for all games, but lack of voice communication means that you're never going to have certain types of multiplayer games. I don't understand would be against having it as an available feature for a console...
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I am seriously sick of threads like these. Don't you have anything original?norfair_dweller

I'm sick of people doling out canned respones like these? Why don't you take more than 30 seconds to write your response, an actually contribute to the conversation.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#55 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
[QUOTE="mathew952"]

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]Nintendo Is probably the least wealthy of the 3 console makers.

?????What????dlp21

Microsoft Market Value: 240 Billion

Sony Market Value: 53 billion

Nintendo Market value: 46 Billion

Owned.

Microsoft Gaming Division - 5.4 Billion in the Red, that means they lost that much money.

Sony is working at a 1.88 billion dollar a year loss curently

Nintendo since making games has posted only one quater in the red and that 47 billion is all in the bank baby.

Yup, plus the fact that most of Nintendo's big budget games do not cost them 30 million dollars to produce and after they sell x numberof units, they start making profits off a game. They only need to sell like 250,000 copies of a game before they break even and recover from development costs.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#56 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Let me Rephrase this: M$ has 240 Billion they can spend

Sony has 56 Billion They can spend

Nintendo Has 46 billion they can spend.

To make a game you need to spend money. The more money you have, the mor you can spend on game development- Less money equalsless fordevelopment.mathew952

Sony probably wouldn't move money from their mivie division to their gaming division. Same thing for microsoft. Companies don't let 1 section suffer to let another succeed. Nintendo is in the best shape in the gaming market

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#57 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

[QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]I am seriously sick of threads like these. Don't you have anything original?mathew952

I'm sick of people doling out canned respones like these? Why don't you take more than 30 seconds to write your response, an actually contribute to the conversation.

This thread has been done to death time and time again. There isn't much more that can be added.
djt23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 djt23
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.mathew952

I said to be serious about online, you need a headset.How would you tell some one to change teams if you can't talk to them?How do you make a strategy if thiers no comunication?

dude do you know wii remote have a mic embed

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

They certainly aren't trying to please the hardcore. Like that arrogant remark where Reggie claims that "the Big three" is enough for the hardcore. I think most of us can agree it isn't even close.You've got:

1. Ghost Squad
  2. SSBB
  3. SMG
  4. Zelda TP: If you owned a game cube, you aren't seeing anything new.
  5. Metroid
  6. Bwii
  7. Zack and wiki (its hardcore if your old enough to remeber this genre)
  8. No more heros
  9. Fire emblem
  10. Disaster
  11. RE: UC
  12. Mario Kart
  13. Paper mario
  14. RE4
  15. Trauma center
  16. Nights
  17. guilty gear

fixed. thats off of the top of my head.

mike1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mike1889
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts

From original post:

Casuals aren't the kind of people who are going to buy mountains of softwarelike the hardcore market. The Average Hardcore consumer might buy 30 games a year.

Finally I am a cool Kid!!! I am finally defined as hardcore!!! I bought thirty-two games for my DS in the past year. Wait a minute, the DS is for casuals only because of the gimmick. So am I a hardcore gamer or a casual helping Nintendo destroy gaming? I am now confused.

Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#61 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

Nah, just the same regurgitated complaintes about the Wii.

It's as if people have tunnal vision when their console of choice is getting creamed.

Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts

[QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]I am seriously sick of threads like these. Don't you have anything original?mathew952

There have been tons of threads exactly like this complaining about the exact same thing. I see no need to repeat myself in the same exact arguement only made by a different person who has nothing better to do than bash the Wii for the same exact thing people have been complaining about for a long time.

EDIT: Would you appreciate it more if I told you to do some effing research about what games are available for the Wii other than "the big three"?

RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts

People who make these kind of threads are the ones hurting gaming. Such people believe in elitisim and exclusion, and somehow it's that what makes the gaming industry thrive. Gaming companies have been blindly following this logic as well, creating games less and less accessable to more people. Each new game developers make, each new sequel, only applies to their fanbase and make little to no attempt to expand their audience. The only thing that's been happening for the past few years is that rival developers try to carve away some of the parent fanbase and take some for their own. The result is that we see poor clones of last year's hit game.

Discouraging the appeal of video games is just going to result in extreame stagnation in creativity, and quality. Imagine what the result would be if you told a dozen developers to make a God of War type game. Only one or two would be any good and the rest would just go under from the losses they incur, not to mention the market would become so saturated no one would even want to buy the game in the first place when the orginal game would end up being the most popular anyways.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts

Let me put it to you this way, Sony and Microsoft are not going to clear out their budgets to make videogames. While in the past the playstation division of Sony has done well for the company it currently is the only division of Sony losing money, so much money that it has actually forced Sony as a whole to post a loss for 2006 and most of 2007 so far.

Microsoft Gaming division hasn't posted a profit yet, not one single penny has been made by the XBox of the 360 and they won't start to recoup these losses until sometime next year.

Nintendo on the other hand has only lost money one quarter of one year since 1981 when it began development of it's NES or Famicon. That is 101 quarters of making money. 25.25 years of not losing money.

The DS is the best selling system, the game boy is the best selling system of all time, the Mario franchise is the best selling franchise of all time....the list goes on.

The point is that Nintendo is not worried about making money because they never have had to worry about it, it just happens for them. How have they been able to do this, they see something that hasn't been done and they do it.

I say shame on you for not wanting to explore into diffrent genre's. America's population is obese, and so are it's children. According to some survey's, as much as 40%. So be mad at Nintendo for trying to make a game that forces you to do some sort of activity. Shame on Nintendo for trying to make people sharper with games like Brain Age.

NO GOOD SIR, shame on you for doubting Nintendo, go outside and run around I say.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

Let me put it to you this way, Sony and Microsoft are not going to clear out their budgets to make videogames. While in the past the playstation division of Sony has done well for the company it currently is the only division of Sony losing money, so much money that it has actually forced Sony as a whole to post a loss for 2006 and most of 2007 so far.

Microsoft Gaming division hasn't posted a profit yet, not one single penny has been made by the XBox of the 360 and they won't start to recoup these losses until sometime next year.

Nintendo on the other hand has only lost money one quarter of one year since 1981 when it began development of it's NES or Famicon. That is 101 quarters of making money. 25.25 years of not losing money.

The DS is the best selling system, the game boy is the best selling system of all time, the Mario franchise is the best selling franchise of all time....the list goes on.

The point is that Nintendo is not worried about making money because they never have had to worry about it, it just happens for them. How have they been able to do this, they see something that hasn't been done and they do it.

I say shame on you for not wanting to explore into diffrent genre's. America's population is obese, and so are it's children. According to some survey's, as much as 40%. So be mad at Nintendo for trying to make a game that forces you to do some sort of activity. Shame on Nintendo for trying to make people sharper with games like Brain Age.

NO GOOD SIR, shame on you for doubting Nintendo, go outside and run around I say.

dlp21

Thats insane. Nintendo sure knows how to make a profit.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Have you ever played a teamwork-based game like Battlefield 2? At higher levels of play, voice communication is pretty much essential if you want your team to win.

Certainly its not needed for all games, but lack of voice communication means that you're never going to have certain types of multiplayer games. I don't understand would be against having it as an available feature for a console...
Teufelhuhn

i agree . though sadly the only time these work really well are if you have a clan or guild. random games seem to make me go without chat more often than not.

djt23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 djt23

shame on you Nintendo is only company that do something different on like Sony with same control design form psx even the xbox chance control little bit.

and the ds have alot of game that use the headphone like MPH CRA MKDS yo gi oh WC 2007 Bleach and alot more.

you could use a headphone on th wii booge and other games they are alot of new game that is come on this year with online for ds and th wii.

videogame industry it all about make money and to broad user base of there system that why Microsoft is trying so hard to broad their market

that why i like nintendo because they always change stuff up unlike sony

arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 arinya
Member since 2006 • 1054 Posts

dlp21
Hahaha. Exactly! I don't know why fanboys go crazy hating on Nintendo for making something different. You do know that there are 2 other consoles that will have you o'l games on them? And then there is the PC where you can play tons of games on it as well with a mouse and keyboard. The Wii offers something different but they are not forcing it on you. Just leave it be and accept that it's running circles around the competitors in sales. But the 360 and PS3 have superior power. Be happy with that.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts

I think this is about the 50th time I've seen this exact thread posted, so props for originality.

The wii is increasing the number of people that are playing games, meaning more money in the industry.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 yoshi-lnex

dlp21
Actually I think they lost money on one quarter during the gc era, only time that's happened, and the only reason I remember that is because it was big news at the time.
Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
I'm still waiting for an anti-Wii thread that's logical and well-thought out instead of an overabundance of crying.
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts

Actually I think they lost money on one quarter during the gc era, only time that's happened, and the only reason I remember that is because it was big news at the time.yoshi-lnex

Umm I said that.

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 yoshi-lnex

[QUOTE="yoshi-lnex"]Actually I think they lost money on one quarter during the gc era, only time that's happened, and the only reason I remember that is because it was big news at the time.dlp21

Umm I said that.

:P Sorry I missed that.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#74 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
If we're talking video games, nintendo is the biggest company in the business. You cant count all of microsoft and sony, because they wont spend resources from other divisions on games. If you look at the allocated budget for video gaming, nintendo is almost certainly the biggest company out there. I dont know that for sure, but it seems logical to me
ramen613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ramen613
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
omg you guys dont see whats nintendo is doing here i will explain it to ya see right now nintendos plan is to make lots more people hardcore gamers and heres how.1 nintendo is making some casual friendly games for casuals and non gamers and games like that are real easy so casuals/non gamers are going keep playing those games and sooner or later they will evolve into hardcore games and they would want hardcore and then nintendo will release lots more hardcore games so those brand new hardcore gamers but i know what your are going to say “but what about the currunt hardcore gamers". they have plenty of hardcore games like smg ssbb mp3 fire emblem mario kart wii disaster no more heros saddness zack and wiki mushroom men dewys adventure bwii civlization revloution and many others so if you think about it nintendo are bringing more hardcore gamers so the current hardcore gamers dont have to share with the casuals
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]Nintendo Is probably the least wealthy of the 3 console makers.

?????What????mathew952

Owned.

Explain this to me then.

Nintendo's market value closes in on Sony

And then this.

Nintendo enters top ten of most valuable Japanese companies

Apparently Nintendo's market value is higher than that of Sony's.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

Wii doesn't hurt gaming, in fact I would say it is doing a lot of good for gaming, but right now it is hurting ME...

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
God not again. If anything hurts gaming, it is close minded people.
awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
Hmmm...looks like the poll doesn't agree.
donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts

Whether people agree or not these threads are getting repetitive and annoying, they occur almost as frequently as ds vs psp threads and never have new points.

Cant u just bump an old thread and continue from there or something

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
Nintendo handhelds have far less features over the years than competitors. Funny how no one for a second thinks DS lite is hurting gaming. That is because DS lite is NOT HURTING GAMING. Gotta love the double-standard when it comes to Wii. Let's see here...Wii has inferior graphics, DS lite has inferior graphics.Wii has worse physics modeling, DS lite has worse physics modeling. Wii has a unique control scheme, DS lite has a unique control scheme. Wii has wacky "experimental" type games. DS lite has wacky "experimental" type games. Wii has a lot less features in it than PS3 has...DS lite has a lot less features in it than PSP has. Yet...NO ONE EVER SAYS THAT DS LITE IS HURTING GAMING. That is because it is NOT HURTING GAMING. But the Wii is somehow? :roll:
djt23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 djt23

Nintendo handhelds have far less features over the years than competitors. Funny how no one for a second thinks DS lite is hurting gaming. That is because DS lite is NOT HURTING GAMING. Gotta love the double-standard when it comes to Wii. Let's see here...Wii has inferior graphics, DS lite has inferior graphics.Wii has worse physics modeling, DS lite has worse physics modeling. Wii has a unique control scheme, DS lite has a unique control scheme. Wii has wacky "experimental" type games. DS lite has wacky "experimental" type games. Wii has a lot less features in it than PS3 has...DS lite has a lot less features in it than PSP has. Yet...NO ONE EVER SAYS THAT DS LITE IS HURTING GAMING. That is because it is NOT HURTING GAMING. But the Wii is somehow? :roll:AvIdGaMeR444

yea you are rigth, but i like ds lite design better than the psp

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Hexagon_777
[QUOTE="mathew952"]

?????What????Hexagon_777

Owned.

Explain this to me then.

And then this.

I would be most grateful if someone gave me the definitive answer to this. We both have sources and they both contradict one another. Which company has more market value? Nintendo or Sony?

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
When has Nintendo ever been remotely hardcore? I must've missed that. How many of you are old enough to remember the SNES version of Mortal Kombat having no blood and censored fatalities, and the Genesis version having blood and uncut fatalities, which made the latter much more popular? Nintendo has never remotely put out a "hardcore" system. On the contrary, they've always been family friendly. I mean it's Nintendo, for God's sakes. Are people confusing them with another company? Why the hell are people so shocked now? Because it's "next-gen"? I assure you, Nintendo couldn't care less.
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.gamer0100
*writes "headset required for serious gaming" down in his list of things he learned today*
mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

Make... it... stop...

P.S This thread will exceed 17 pages. I'm calling it.

gamergeekgeek

i smell a lock

why would you?
Avatar image for OldSkoolGamer04
OldSkoolGamer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 OldSkoolGamer04
Member since 2004 • 1616 Posts
I think it's time for a "Wii is destroying gaming" sticky. Let all the detractors of Nintendo's system commiserate with each other ina single place. There's really no point in creating thread after thread about it.
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89 wii4panta
Member since 2007 • 2886 Posts
how is it destroying gaming?it would if sony and microsoft follow nintendo steps,if nintendo wins this gen but at that point every fanboy will be hyping 360fit and saying how innovative their company is...now drawing some more people attention to gaming only means that there will be more people to play with (andprobably kick their butt!! :twisted: )so relax and enjoy your system cause there will always be harcore games! :)
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Hexagon_777
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="mathew952"]

?????What????Hexagon_777

Owned.

Explain this to me then.

And then this.

I would be most grateful if someone gave me the definitive answer to this. We both have sources and they both contradict one another. Which company has more market value? Nintendo or Sony?

Can someone please answer the question? I don't feel that it is worthy of a thread of its own so it would be great if someone answered it here.

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts

Nintendo handhelds have far less features over the years than competitors. Funny how no one for a second thinks DS lite is hurting gaming. That is because DS lite is NOT HURTING GAMING. Gotta love the double-standard when it comes to Wii. Let's see here...Wii has inferior graphics, DS lite has inferior graphics.Wii has worse physics modeling, DS lite has worse physics modeling. Wii has a unique control scheme, DS lite has a unique control scheme. Wii has wacky "experimental" type games. DS lite has wacky "experimental" type games. Wii has a lot less features in it than PS3 has...DS lite has a lot less features in it than PSP has. Yet...NO ONE EVER SAYS THAT DS LITE IS HURTING GAMING. That is because it is NOT HURTING GAMING. But the Wii is somehow? :roll:AvIdGaMeR444

Dare i say /thread?

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

Riiiiight, "the Wii hurts gaming." Of course it does! That's why so many huge graphic-intensive titles are coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 with new ones being announced all the time. The Wii is causing this to happen! It's the beginning of the end.

Get real, folks.