Wi Hurts Gaming

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Wii HURTS gaming. They've abandoned the gaming audience that was once their bread and butter. They aren't about expanding the market, their about making money. The people running nintendo aren't dumb. They saw the success of Games like WarioWare and Big Brain Academy, and they know theirs money to be made in the casual market. Most of these Non-gamer aren't all of the sudden going to start buying GeOW, and Zelda. Their going to buy games for the casual market, like cooking mama, Licensed crap, and Wario.

Why are they going Casual, and how do you know?

• Sure theirs money to be made in the hardcore gaming world, but it's money their going to have a hard time getting to. Nintendo Hasn't been so popular over the last few generations, and pretty much lost dominance when they Screwed up with the virtual boy, and couldn't compete with Sony. When the game cube came in 3rd last generation, I think they Were able to see they wouldn't have any easy time working their way back into gamers hearts.
  • Just step back and look at the controler : Real gamers have been using Regular Controllers for 30 years. BothSega and Nintendo tried to introduce motion sensing control during their epic console war. Neither of them had even remote popularity. The Wiimote, and the DS touch screen, EVEN if they have potential to change gaming, Were intended as a gimmick to get the average Joes attention. Most people think of PONG and Pac-man, and using a Joystick on an Atari. But what's this? It's black, and it's shiny, and you can touch the screen, and the liquid magic inside makes stuff happen!
  • Casuals aren't the kind of people who are going to buy mountains of softwarelike the hardcore market. The Average Hardcore consumer might buy 30 games a year. For M$ and Sony, who make their money solely on software, these are the real profit centers. Theirs not much point in trying to sell to Some one who will buy maybe 10 games in a given generation, and barley recoup the cost per console.Nintendo Wouldhave the same problem, but they decided to compensate.So Nintendo, in addition to making loads off it's colossal 1st party library, they make big bucks off of each Wii sold. And who can forget the Wiimote.Nintendo Knows The Wiimote is in shortage.... So they make Wiiplay, and force you to pay 10 bucks for a few mini-games. But if you need a wiimote, your stuck.
  • They certainly aren't trying to please the hardcore. Like that arrogant remark where Reggie claims that "the Big three" is enough for the hardcore. I think most of us can agree it isn't even close.You've got:
  1. Ghost Squad
  2. SSBB
  3. SMG
  4. Zelda TP: If you owned a game cube, you aren't seeing anything new.
  5. Metroid
  • They say their "Serious About online " but they don't even have a headset?
  • Last gen, we can all agree they were targeting Hard-cores. They had one of the most powerful consoles on the market, And the entire console was purely for games. No multimedia, no DVDs, just games. This Gen: A complete reversal. Low end system, stuffed to the gills with multimedia and Browsers and photo editors....
  • Nintendo Is probably the least wealthy of the 3 console makers. Microsoft has it's huge software empire, Sony has Multimedia and computers, but nintendo is almost purelyvideogames ( & pokemon). The Non-Gamers, As the name states, haven't played games before, or at least not many. They don't know weather a game is good or bad, has good or bad graphics, since they have nothing to compare it to. This means: Cheaper Games. The wii is already cheap to develop for, but the fact the simplest of features will excite the non-gamer means that prices are even lower. To add on to that, trivia and minigame games are cheap. If you had enough time on your hands, you could make something similar with Macromedia Flash.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

Make... it... stop...

P.S This thread will exceed 17 pages. I'm calling it.

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.
KD-Archangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KD-Archangel
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
Honestly, how many of these threads do we need to see?
gamergeekgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamergeekgeek
Member since 2006 • 3395 Posts

Make... it... stop...

P.S This thread will exceed 17 pages. I'm calling it.

DA_B0MB

i smell a lock

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamer0100
Nintendo Is probably the least wealthy of the 3 console makers.

?????What????
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
*sigh* You can play many hardcore games on 360/PS3, ya know.
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mathew952

LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.gamer0100

I said to be serious about online, you need a headset.How would you tell some one to change teams if you can't talk to them?How do you make a strategy if thiers no comunication?

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DA_B0MB

?????What????gamer0100

Nintendo's value is actually remarkably close to SONY as a whole, not just SONY's game division. MS is worth more than both of them but I'm not sure by how much.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Wii HURTS gaming. They've abandoned the gaming audience that was once their bread and butter.

mathew952

If that were true. They would have canned Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Brawl and just concentrated on hyping and releasing Wii Fit.
wklzip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 wklzip
Member since 2005 • 13925 Posts

LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.gamer0100

:lol:

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamer0100

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.mathew952

I said to be serious about online, you need a headset.How would you tell some one to change teams if you can't talk to them?How do you make a strategy if thiers no comunication?

Wait this isnt the 360. So y are you talking as if every game is a shooter? Cause you know when i playin 1 on 1 mario soccer im gonna need to tell the the opponent to go easy on me?:lol:
cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cyborgjak427
Member since 2006 • 14046 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.mathew952

Yeah, not alot of online Wii games involve alot of team strategy.

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

*sigh*

The Anti-Wii Hive Mind strikes again.
First it was "LOL teh controller" then "LOL teh name" then "LOL teh grafix" and now it's "teh Wii is destroying gaming".

Congrats TC, you've just made the 50th iteration of this thread I've seen on SW. I'm not going to reply to your individual pointsbecause I've done so multiple times in the past 49.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
I just don't care anymore, I'm tired of arguing about this and other related issues. If any of you think Wii is great, fine. Me, I don't think I ever will.
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamer0100

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]Nintendo Is probably the least wealthy of the 3 console makers.

?????What????DA_B0MB

Nintendo's value is actually remarkably close to SONY as a whole, not just SONY's game division. MS is worth more than both of them but I'm not sure by how much.

I actually meant y does that have to do with anything. Also didnt Nintendo just past Sony.
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
Honestly, how many of these threads do we need to see?KD-Archangel
15 to 20 more.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I dont think it huers gaming..only way it would if Sony and MS folded and in my opinion thats not going to happen.
ShadySoldier99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShadySoldier99
Member since 2007 • 812 Posts
No, but Wii fit might a little.
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamer0100
I just don't care anymore, I'm tired of arguing about this and other related issues. If any of you think Wii is great, fine. Me, I don't think I ever will. Teufelhuhn

*starts slow clap*
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
Oh. Well, then I guess I'll just go out and sell my Wii and DS, seeing as Nintendo is only making Brain games and WiiFit now, huh? I guess I'll never get to play Metroid Prime 3 or Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

Seriously. Give it up.
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamer0100
[QUOTE="KD-Archangel"]Honestly, how many of these threads do we need to see?ELJUDEZ
15 to 20 more.

More accuratley when SSBB is released. Then everyone will be shutting up and playing games at that point.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

a successful machine that brings in new audiences hurts gaming?

WTF?

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]Nintendo Is probably the least wealthy of the 3 console makers.

?????What????gamer0100

I actually meant y does that have to do with anything. Also didnt Nintendo just past Sony.

Oh snap! :o

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mathew952

?????What????gamer0100

Microsoft Market Value: 240 Billion

Sony Market Value: 53 billion

Nintendo Market value: 46 Billion

Owned.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DA_B0MB
For God's sake isn't this one of the "arguments that need to die" from the thread Casey made?
cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cyborgjak427

For God's sake isn't this one of the "arguments that need to die" from the thread Casey made?DA_B0MB

Yeah, most people give him props and respect him for it, then people like the TC still do it just to annoy us:roll:.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mathew952
[QUOTE="mathew952"]

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.gamer0100

Wait this isnt the 360. So y are you talking as if every game is a shooter? Cause you know when i playin 1 on 1 mario soccer im gonna need to tell the the opponent to go easy on me?:lol:

So you're saying the Wii has a deficency of online capable shooters. If Nintendo Wants to be serious about Online Gaming, they need to provide the capabilities.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mathew952

For God's sake isn't this one of the "arguments that need to die" from the thread Casey made?DA_B0MB

Actually, that was "The Wii is kiddie".

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

*goes back to the days I played online games for the PC...without a headset*

Um, yeah...you were saying what?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Your poll PWNS your post.
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mathew952
[QUOTE="mathew952"]

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.Technoweirdo

At least when you game on PC, you have a Keyboard to type text messages. Oh, so you're saying we should be playing online, then be wisked away to the Wiiboard to type in: "Rn!!! GRnaid!!!!". And note You Said: "goes BACK" so your saying that progress is bad, and we should go back to not talking, in case we hurt someones feelings.

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts

The DS has a headset.

/FISSION MAILED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"][QUOTE="mathew952"]

At least when you game on PC, you have a Keyboard to type text messages. Oh, so you're saying we should be playing online, then be wisked away to the Wiiboard to type in: "Rn!!! GRnaid!!!!". And note You Said: "goes BACK" so your saying that progress is bad, and we should go back to not talking, in case we hurt someones feelings.

I don't play online games anymore. I quit Counter-Strike: Source about a year ago and haven't played an online game since.

You're taking my post out of context.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mathew952

Oh. Well, then I guess I'll just go out and sell my Wii and DS, seeing as Nintendo is only making Brain games and WiiFit now, huh? I guess I'll never get to play Metroid Prime 3 or Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

Seriously. Give it up.
SmashBrosLegend
So yuo think having 3 Wii games is enough? The Big three?Sure, they have a3 hardcore games, But look at how many casual games their are for the that 3:

1. Mario Party 8
  2. Cooking Mama
  3. Wario Ware
  4. Rayman Raving Rabbids
  5. Rayman Raving rabbids 2
  6. Wiiplay
  7. WiiFit
  8. Wii sports
  9. Big Brain academy
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

:lol: So how many games on the DS, PS3 or 360 actually require you to speak when playing hmm? Besides, the last thing I want is to hear crying from little immature kids who are getting pwned in games, its freaking annoying. The only games I bother to use a headset are Unreal Tournament and Counter Strike because in team play games you need them, otherwise they are annoying to use and are a complete waste of money.

Btw, your poor spelling hurts my eyes.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Nintendo is only making games for casuals because they sell.

"Casual Nintendo" list:

• Nintendo lost last gen.
  • I am psychic and know exactly what the designers meant when they were making their products. They r gimmiks!!!
  • Casuals don't buy games.
  • I don't know how to look at the IGN release dates list
  • OMG!!1HEADSETZ!1!!ONE!!
  • Nintendo has changed their business strategy since last gen.
  • Nintendo doesn't have to spend much money on casual games.

mathew952

There we go, summarized your argument for ya.

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mathew952
[QUOTE="mathew952"][QUOTE="Technoweirdo"][QUOTE="mathew952"]

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.Technoweirdo

I don't play online games anymore. I quit Counter-Strike: Source about a year ago and haven't played an online game since.

So then you're saying Playing online with out a head set is old. I can pull crap like that too. *Goes back to days when I played games with 8 bit graphics.... on the NES.* Would that justify Buying a Game with 8 bit graphics and Audio? No, it wouldn't. Just beacuse something used to be acceptable doesn't justify it being done NOW.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#39 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

We're still on this stupid arguement?

Nintendo has done alot more than give us mini games. They are releasing alot of great games for the wii, along with mini games. They are doing an excellent job of targeting every one. Their online is bad, ill admit, but adding a headset isn't suddenly going to make it better.

Gaming is far from being in trouble because of the wii. Expanding the market to include hardcores and casuals is never a bad thing

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kman3002

[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"]Oh. Well, then I guess I'll just go out and sell my Wii and DS, seeing as Nintendo is only making Brain games and WiiFit now, huh? I guess I'll never get to play Metroid Prime 3 or Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

Seriously. Give it up.
mathew952

So yuo think having 3 Wii games is enough? The Big three?Sure, they have a3 hardcore games, But look at how many casual games their are for the that 3:

1. Mario Party 8
  2. Cooking Mama
  3. Wario Ware
  4. Rayman Raving Rabbids
  5. Rayman Raving rabbids 2
  6. Wiiplay
  7. WiiFit
  8. Wii sports
  9. Big Brain academy

If you only think the Wii has only3 hardcore games then you need to pull your head out of your butt.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
[QUOTE="mathew952"]

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.kman3002

The DS has a headset.

/FISSION MAILED

:lol: And you do not even need it since the only game that actually supports it is Pokemon right now, you can talk to your friends over wifi but the sound quality is pretty crappy when you used the DS's built in microphone.

Wemhim256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wemhim256
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
Yes, because diversity can't excist. It's either hardcore and nothing but, or casual and nothing but, can't we have multiple gaming styles?
mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mathew952
:lol: So how many games on the DS, PS3 or 360 actually require you to speak when playing hmm? Besides, the last thing I want is to hear crying from little immature kids who are getting pwned in games, its freaking annoying. The only games I bother to use a headset are Unreal Tournament and Counter Strike because in team play games you need them, otherwise they are annoying to use and are a complete waste of money.

DSgamer64

Ever Played GRAW? Rainbow six? Command and conquer? Call of Duty? yes headsets are needed. Andannoying to use? Yes, plugging in the headset and sliding a switch to unmute takes a PHD.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"][QUOTE="mathew952"]

This is the reason why you don't want a headset: Youtubelink. Too many freaking noobs smack talking and whining.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

mathew952

So then you're saying Playing online with out a head set is old. I can pull crap like that too. *Goes back to days when I played games with 8 bit graphics.... on the NES.* Would that justify Buying a Game with 8 bit graphics and Audio? No, it wouldn't. Just beacuse something used to be acceptable doesn't justify it being done NOW.

*sighs*

I guess you didn't get my point: You don't need a headset to be serious about online gaming. Online games such as Starcraft and Counter-Strike are serious even without headsets.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts

?????What????mathew952

Microsoft Market Value: 240 Billion

Sony Market Value: 53 billion

Nintendo Market value: 46 Billion

Owned.

Microsoft Gaming Division - 5.4 Billion in the Red, that means they lost that much money.

Sony is working at a 1.88 billion dollar a year loss curently

Nintendo since making games has posted only one quater in the red and that 47 billion is all in the bank baby.

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kman3002
[QUOTE="kman3002"][QUOTE="mathew952"]

[QUOTE="gamer0100"]LoL this just in.....You need a headset to be serious about gaming.DSgamer64

The DS has a headset.

/FISSION MAILED

:lol: And you do not even need it since the only game that actually supports it is Pokemon right now, you can talk to your friends over wifi but the sound quality is pretty crappy when you used the DS's built in microphone.

:P Yeah I know I just though he should know that there is a headset available.

cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cyborgjak427
[QUOTE="DSgamer64"]:lol: So how many games on the DS, PS3 or 360 actually require you to speak when playing hmm? Besides, the last thing I want is to hear crying from little immature kids who are getting pwned in games, its freaking annoying. The only games I bother to use a headset are Unreal Tournament and Counter Strike because in team play games you need them, otherwise they are annoying to use and are a complete waste of money.

mathew952

Ever Played GRAW? Rainbow six? Command and conquer? Call of Duty? yes headsets are needed. Andannoying to use? Yes, plugging in the headset and sliding a switch to unmute takes a PHD.

Yeah, I've played most of those games over XBL, WITH a headset, and basically the games are either silent or overrun by whiny little kids. So most of the time, headsets don't really matter in online games.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
I stopped reading at the moment where he said that theyre about making money... No **** sherlock. Nintendo is a comapny that needs money to continue, there are people who work for nintendo that need to get paid. They dont make games for just their pleasure or for the arts sake......... Do you go to work cause you want to? Would you go if you didnt get paid? This is the same bs as a band going "mainstream"...No one makes anything for arts sake everything is about money if you dont get that then put an end to your idealistic self now.
Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts
I am seriously sick of threads like these. Don't you have anything original?